Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Resign Option

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Never heard this idea before, I approve. Can we also have a retire option? I also think that there should be arrangements made for redundancy payments, should the need arise.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby Vaduzkrieg on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm in favour of a forfeit button. I hate playing games when I know it is over. So now I just stop taking turns because what is the point. I do message my opponent and let him know I will not be taking anymore turns. This slows a lot of games up but I am not going to keep playing games where I lose 10-1 battles. It's not good for my blood pressure.
Private 1st Class Vaduzkrieg

Postby degaston on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:40 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Never heard this idea before, I approve. Can we also have a retire option? I also think that there should be arrangements made for redundancy payments, should the need arise.

Judging from the "Is CC Declining?" thread, it seems like there are thousands of former players who haven't had any problem finding the retire option. Maybe one of the reasons they've "retired" is that instead of fixing problems with popular features, they just remove them.
Brigadier degaston

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:32 am

degaston wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Never heard this idea before, I approve. Can we also have a retire option? I also think that there should be arrangements made for redundancy payments, should the need arise.

Judging from the "Is CC Declining?" thread, it seems like there are thousands of former players who haven't had any problem finding the retire option. Maybe one of the reasons they've "retired" is that instead of fixing problems with popular features, they just remove them.

Whooooosh!!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Surrender Button

Postby Ulm on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:15 pm

We have all been in the position that we have lost, need to leave the game etc. Rather than wasting folks time dead beating it would be great if there was a 'Surrender Button'. Your troops would stay for three turns but the time of your go would be zero.
What do think?
Ulm

(Moved from General Discussion) -JK
Colonel Ulm

Re: Surrender Button

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:26 pm

inb4 "this has been suggested a thousand times before", "there used to be a surrender button, it was abused", moved to Suggestions, merged
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby clangfield on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Vaduzkrieg wrote:I'm in favour of a forfeit button. I hate playing games when I know it is over. So now I just stop taking turns because what is the point. I do message my opponent and let him know I will not be taking anymore turns. This slows a lot of games up but I am not going to keep playing games where I lose 10-1 battles. It's not good for my blood pressure.

Not very sporting.
Just deploy then end your turn. The game will finish far more quickly than waiting 24 hours.
You're probably also overlooking the 10 v 5 battles where you keep 9 troops - but then so do most :roll: . That's another thread.

Forfeit/resign is a great idea for honest people. Too many not-honest people are the reason it's rejected.
I also believe you do have to anticipate cheating before it happens - it would be irresponsible not to. To say it's "incorrect" that it will be abused is, in my opinion, naive. One isn't supposed to create multiple accounts, but so many are busted. If one isn't that way inclined it's difficult to imagine why anyone would bother to abuse a simple, fun, game site, just to get points; I'm sure there's a psychology treatise to be written about how people validate themselves by breaking rules in places like this.
Sadly, humans are terrible. :(
Lieutenant clangfield

are you havin' a laugh?

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:33 pm

awesome... can't wait until they merge this think tanks fancy proposal into the 500 page thread in suggestions... wonderful idea!!! *eyes rolling out of my black jesus skull*...-Jésus noir

e's avin' a laugh...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Serbia on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:43 pm

No thanks!

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby ronsizzle on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:18 pm

i surrender to the lag
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby Vaduzkrieg on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:10 pm

clangfield wrote:
Vaduzkrieg wrote:I'm in favour of a forfeit button. I hate playing games when I know it is over. So now I just stop taking turns because what is the point. I do message my opponent and let him know I will not be taking anymore turns. This slows a lot of games up but I am not going to keep playing games where I lose 10-1 battles. It's not good for my blood pressure.

Not very sporting.
Just deploy then end your turn. The game will finish far more quickly than waiting 24 hours.
You're probably also overlooking the 10 v 5 battles where you keep 9 troops - but then so do most :roll: . That's another thread.

Forfeit/resign is a great idea for honest people. Too many not-honest people are the reason it's rejected.
I also believe you do have to anticipate cheating before it happens - it would be irresponsible not to. To say it's "incorrect" that it will be abused is, in my opinion, naive. One isn't supposed to create multiple accounts, but so many are busted. If one isn't that way inclined it's difficult to imagine why anyone would bother to abuse a simple, fun, game site, just to get points; I'm sure there's a psychology treatise to be written about how people validate themselves by breaking rules in places like this.

Ya I know it's not sporting. But this isn't a sport. It's a game based on luck. I don't want to waste my time when the dice have been programmed to make me lose so my average rolls are always 3.5.

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:20 am

Shinmen Musashi wrote:Real simple add an option to resign and end the game

This way people don't have to play a bunch of rounds in games that are clearly decided. especially trench games it becomes obvious the game is over but on some maps you have to play a bunch more turns afterwards. Just a waste of time.

real simple... this has been debated for years and has been soundly [REJECTED]... too much room for abuse... will never happen...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby clangfield on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:31 am

Vaduzkrieg wrote:
clangfield wrote:

Not very sporting.

Ya I know it's not sporting. But this isn't a sport. It's a game based on luck. I don't want to waste my time when the dice have been programmed to make me lose so my average rolls are always 3.5.

Hmm...
I don't want to waste my time

...then take your turns, it's quicker than deadbeating.
It's a game

..so don't take it so personally
based on luck.

the dice have been programmed

Can't have it both ways... :roll:
my average rolls are always 3.5

...which is of course what they're supposed to be.

I know it's frustrating to waste time on a lost cause; but either accept that's what's going to happen sometimes, or restrict yourself to settings where it's less likely, or stop playing; but if you're going to play, play nicely, drop the paranoia and take your turns.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby owenshooter on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Vaduzkrieg wrote:Ya I know it's not sporting. But this isn't a sport. It's a game based on luck. I don't want to waste my time when the dice have been programmed to make me lose so my average rolls are always 3.5.

always the freemiums crying out for this the loudest.. imagine that... hmmmm... pretty much unlimited games for free, without having to pay.. you know, almost as good as premium, just a few less game options. this will never happen. freemium players would abuse it to the nth degree and the site would lose money like a $2 whore on dollar day.. never going to happen.. the black jesus has made his decree...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Postby Vaduzkrieg on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Freemium? Fack you. I paid for a year's membership. I let it lapse because I got sick of the dice. I just had a game where 47 men took out just over 50 of mine with 15 to spare. I've never been so lucky.

Postby owenshooter on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Vaduzkrieg wrote:Freemium? Fack you. I paid for a year's membership. I let it lapse because I got sick of the dice. I just had a game where 47 men took out just over 50 of mine with 15 to spare. I've never been so lucky.

i'm sorry... i concede that the site has intentionally programmed the dice against you and only you in an effort to do whatever it is that you think they are doing... good luck with the tin foil hat, i hope it solves the problem... *eyes rolling*... the black jesus has spoken..-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby errin7 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:56 pm

I think there definitely should be a Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button. Why should a player be forced to continue playing in a game where he has less than a snowball's chance in hell of winning? It's just a waste of time and slows the game down for those players who are in contention.
Private 1st Class errin7

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:43 pm

errin7 wrote:I think there definitely should be a Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button. Why should a player be forced to continue playing in a game where he has less than a snowball's chance in hell of winning? It's just a waste of time and slows the game down for those players who are in contention.

Too much room for abuse. As stated in the 23634634 times in this thread.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

bring back the surrender option for...

Postby haha on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:05 pm

I would suggest bring back the surrender option for bot games and maybe two person games.

bot games- not point based- excluding tournaments.
two person games- once a two person game is over- who wants to stick around- this would be particularly pleasant for speed game.
HAHA
Lieutenant haha

Re: bring back the surrender option for...

Postby haha on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:08 pm

o and for those who are curious this site originally had a surrender option but that was removed relatively quickly for i think fairly obvious reasons. I would not advocate for bring the surrender option back to all games but to only the ones listed above.
Lieutenant haha

Re: bring back the surrender option for...

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:29 am

While it is an interesting idea for bots, it would be much easier for a player just to finish it out. Plus, bots aren't too hard to beat unless you play them in scenarios- which are a "join at your own risk" idea.

2 player has been suggested before.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Re: [GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Postby Captn B on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:07 pm

At your insistence, I read pages of the thread, Charbroil. Still, the way they created these bots who don't attack properly, you just sit there turn after turn squandering your troops, hoping against hope that the silly bot will finally deal the crushing blow... Stink! What a waste of time!

Look, if the bot game is absolutely lost, since there are no points scored, won or lost, and no cards to forfeit or worry about, JUST ALLOW us to END THAT GAME, drop the game, terminate the game, stop the game, finish the game, tell the bot to attack to end the game, allow us to skip to round 20 or whatever, etc., etc., etc.

Really!

Just let us terminate the game.

It happens in real life in games: "I don't wanna play no more!" and they get up and walk away. Or, you get in a huff and flip the board game up in the air, spilling pieces all over.

Even when nations battle, they negotiate an armistice, a truce, an unconditional surrender, or simply surrender their swords, one general to another.

I get not allowing it for team games, unless everyone on the team agrees that it's over and there is no possibility of a comeback. Then everyone on the losing team must click it in the same round, and the confirm button would say that they agree that they will lose the standard number of points to the other team if they choose to continue.

How hard can it be to put in a confirmation page?

I'm a serious player and (almost) never miss turns, yet I feel, as obviously many, MANY others do, that we should be able to concede, like in long trench games, where its slow molasses to let the guy with 50 troops to your string of seven silly singles, with you having no chance of beating 50 troops with your 3 deploys. Round after boring round, you slog thru your frustration, seething, angry at CC for not just allowing you to surrender your sword and forfeit your points. ARGH!!!

Please fix this!!!

Will you please CONCEDE and repair this???
Major Captn B
SoC Training Adviser

Postby owenshooter on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:08 am

Captn B wrote:Please fix this!!!

Will you please CONCEDE and repair this???

i think it is pretty evident that every owner of the site is not going to put this feature back into play... the one that did it first, quickly removed it after abuse... the track record, the litmus test, the precedent exists... it will be and was severely abused in the past... just not going to happen...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby enjoycocacola on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:48 am

There needs to be a resign button. I'm stuck in a hellish trench game that I can't win but is gonna take a damn month until it's over.
Major enjoycocacola

Postby owenshooter on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 am

enjoycocacola wrote:There needs to be a resign button. I'm stuck in a hellish trench game that I can't win but is gonna take a damn month until it's over.

you picked shitty settings... how is that anyone else's problem other than yours? the button isn't coming back... suck it up, cupcake.. sorry about your little butt... not a really compelling argument to bring back the most abused feature in CC history...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions