Conquer Club

[Foe] Put a Maximum Limit on the Foe List

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: foe limit

Postby geko on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:30 pm

I just started and am in my first set of games but have already foe'd 3 people.

They didn't take any of their turns.
Colonel geko

Postby Serbia on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:33 pm

And welcome to CC.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Auto Foe Jeff

Postby Serbia on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Concise description:
  • Make mandatory the automatic addition of Jeff Hardy/FredVIII/whatever-the-next-multi-is to every players foe list

Specifics:
  • A new player joining the site doesn't have to worry about playing JeffVIIImulti
  • List could be expanded to include lanyards, Matt Hardy, all editions of *manimal, and the rest of the Multi clan

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Honest members of CC won't have to play known multis
  • People won't have to read the whining and complaining coming from the Cheater Gang

I really think this a win-win for the CC community.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Serbia wrote:I want to be able to know, at a glance, who's foe'd me. And I think that reasons should be given. And permission sought out, from me, before the action can be implemented. Just to help me further track who's lists I've made.

I disagree very strongly regarding the "permission to put someone on foe" aspect you mention, but I certainly have no problem with the rest of it. Have you be able to look up who has you foe'd (though I'm not sure why you would bother) wouldn't seem to impact anything negatively, in my opinion. I also see no reason why reasons can't be required, though someone like Klobber could just make up bogus reasons anyway (I'm quite sure this is what he'd do, rather than admit the truth).
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby ubersky on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:15 pm

Timminz wrote:
ubersky wrote:
Timminz wrote:I have just foe'd everyone who has posted in this thread.

Who are you?

Just some dude on the internet. What does that have to do with this thread?

:lol:
Lieutenant ubersky

Re: scrap the foe list

Postby neanderpaul14 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:54 pm

FredVIII wrote:how is foeing everyone above a certain rank not abuse?

its just another way of farming!

As much as I hate to agree with JH/Fred I do agree that a certain person who shall remain nameless,.......but his initials are Klobber......., is in fact abusing the foe list.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Re: scrap the foe list [Rejected]

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:25 pm

klobber is not the only one there are hundreds like him
Major redhawk92

Re: limit amount of people that can be foed

Postby redhawk92 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:32 pm

most people on this site do not realize how many people abuse the foe system

this is because some people on this site are like 8 years old and just cant see what is done this is not a flame already got edited once today
Major redhawk92

Re: limit amount of people that can be foed

Postby Timminz on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 pm

kylegraves1 wrote:most people on this site do not realize how many people abuse the foe system

I guess I'm one of those who don't realize. How many people abuse the foe list?
Captain Timminz

Re: scrap the foe list [Rejected]

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:30 pm

I've merged and locked the threads regarding the foe limits. These were obviously inspired to target the completely legal choices by an individual. People have the right to put whomever they wish on the foe list for whatever reason they want. Farming new recruits is against the rules, so unless Klobber is doing that, there is nothing wrong with his actions.

And even if they weren't targeting him, it would be rejected anyways.
Major Night Strike

Limit foe list size

Postby slowreactor on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Concise description:
  • Limit the maximum amount of foes you can have to 50 or 100, or another number that makes sense.

Specifics:
  • Foe lists can be useful, especially in dealing with those few people you just cannot stand. However, some people use this foe list to help further their own goals, e.g. foeing anyone that can beat them to try and get their score up.
  • I believe, that if we put a limit on how many people a person can foe, then we can help reduce that practice, and makes people really think about why they foe someone.

• Reduce farming
  • Makes people think about why they foe someone, and will help shrink reports of "why'd you foe me? I didn't do anything to you!"
Colonel slowreactor

Re: Limit foe list size

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:44 pm

We already have a limit: The foe list limits itself at just under 10,000 because the connection times out if you try to foe more people.

But seriously, people should be able to foe whomever they want. How does it affect you if someone else is farming noobs?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Ray Rider on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:56 pm

slowreactor wrote:Concise description:
  • Limit the maximum amount of foes you can have to 50 or 100, or another number that makes sense.

Specifics:
  • Foe lists can be useful, especially in dealing with those few people you just cannot stand. However, some people use this foe list to help further their own goals, e.g. foeing anyone that can beat them to try and get their score up.
  • I believe, that if we put a limit on how many people a person can foe, then we can help reduce that practice, and makes people really think about why they foe someone.

• Reduce farming
  • Makes people think about why they foe someone, and will help shrink reports of "why'd you foe me? I didn't do anything to you!"

Sounds reasonable to me; I would support this change.
The Neon Peon wrote:But seriously, people should be able to foe whomever they want. How does it affect you if someone else is farming noobs?

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Woodruff on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Specifics:

• Reduce farming

If there were only 50 or 100 assholes on this site, that would work great. But there aren't. So no.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Specifics:

• Reduce farming

If there were only 50 or 100 assholes on this site, that would work great. But there aren't. So no.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Woodruff, you're hilarious.

You can't limit this, what if you limit it to 50 and then get spam, harassment, rude comments, etc. from 51 different players? I see your point for making this suggestion, but ultimately, its unlimited because of the limitless potential of the human mind.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby ronsizzle on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:57 pm

i foe anyone i dont like. i foe anyone who joins a shitload of my games. i foe people who foe me. i foe idiots in the forum. i foe anyone i want to.

just cuz i foe the people that foe me, i have over a hundred people there alone.

my foe list is growing in number. and i love it....
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Adding a Cap to Foe Lists

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm

ADD A CAP TO FOE LISTS

Okay, there is a thread in here suggesting that foes should not be able to prevent someone joining a game they are in, only one that they create. To be quite honest, that idea opens up plenty of potential for abuse, so I am making this as a separate suggestion.

Concise description:
  • Part of the problem are insane and completely unfair foe lists.
  • If one is medal hunting, why should they be allowed to foe a large portion of the active userbase? I do agree with perhaps a temp foe if there is one person joining a bunch of your games, but preventing half the site temporarily while you join games that others create? No.
  • This is why there should be a cap on the foe list. When the max is reached, one should get a message saying that they cannot add someone as the list is full, forcing them to re-evaluate the list that they already have. In this way, only people that truly deserve to remain on there will.
  • I am proposing that the cap be something fair, maybe 50-100. (100 is almost too generous) I have never found myself foeing more than 10 people at a time and right now, it probably stands at 2, so it boggles the mind how one can have a foe list of 800 or something stupid. That's 7% of the active userbase.

Specifics/Details:
  • Put a reasonable cap on foe list. Enough to allow members to foe people who need to be on there.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will open up more public games to people who are foed for unfair reasons/ they won't be foed in the first place.
  • As a result, possibly more activity due to the likelihood of games getting filled faster.

Other
I've found myself foed because of medal hunting when I was playing a lot of 8 player terminator games. Starting my own games was only diluting the pool and taking longer to fill. I couldn't join the existing ones because some fool had beaten me in a one of those games and had joined almost all of the waiting games available. I do symphathise with people who find themselves in this situation on a constant basis.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:08 pm

REJECTED after discussion with admin. There will be no policy change in the foe list.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to Suggestions