Conquer Club

[GO] 12 Hour Game Rounds

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should this be implemented?

Yes
47%
No
47%
Undecided
7%

Total votes : 43

Re: 12 Hour Rounds

Postby spiesr on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:50 pm

spiesr wrote:Please remember to to search to see if it has been suggested before instead of making a new topic. Here are over half a dozen versions of this idea people have suggested before, so go bump one of those instead of making a new topic. (This list is incomplete.)
12 hour games
12 hour games
3, 6, 10, 12 hour move
12 hour turns
12-Hour Turns (or game creator choose exact #of hrs)
Staggered Gameplay
12 Hour or 18 Hour Turn Options
This idea has never really got anywhere in past as many people's schedule's regularly have periods of time approaching 12 or more hours where they cannot take their turns.
Captain spiesr

Re: 12 Hour or 18 Hour Turn Options

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Ish. Reject this; Either speed games, or 24 hours; anything in between and it'll be too tough for many people to make turns.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 pm

MERGED multiple threads together here.

Those in favor of shorter round lengths want games to move faster. Those opposed to it, use arguments like "sleep is needed."
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 am

chapcrap wrote:MERGED multiple threads together here.

Those in favor of shorter round lengths want games to move faster. Those opposed to it, use arguments like "sleep is needed."

the more choice we have the longer it will take games to fill and this doesn't spice things up enough to warrant implementation.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby darth emperor on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 pm

greenoaks wrote:

the more choice we have the longer it will take games to fill and this doesn't spice things up enough to warrant implementation.

And also, no one is saying sleep is needed, but that we are forced to sleep, so unfortunately we can't play CC all the time.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:27 pm

And it would dissipate the number of 24 hour games.
Captain nicestash

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm

nicestash wrote:And it would dissipate the number of 24 hour games.

I don't care for the 12 hour option; however, I've never liked the argument that BECAUSE people will choose to the use the setting, we shouldn't put it in place. If anything, I think that's an argument for it. I'm just of the opinion that this wouldn't be a popular option. Also, I worry about people accidentally selecting 12 hour games. There are a couple issues here. First, new players might choose it on accident. Second, I think premium members are less careful when joining games and might also select it on accident.

As a premium member, if you accidentally join a game with a 72 hour limit (if the corresponding suggestion goes through), no big deal. But if you select a 12 hour game, you might be upset.
Colonel agentcom

Re: Quick (12 hours) [Poll]

Postby spiesr on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby Melkor52 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:34 pm

This suggestion may have been rejected, but I still support it.
Major Melkor52

12 Hour Round Length

Postby boyer on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:45 am

Have an option for a 12 Hour round length.

As of now you have 24 hours, then go to the minutes (5,4,3,2,1). That is a wide differential. I can't do minute(s) rounds, as I don't have the time to stay on till the completion of a game. But I can log on for 5-10 minutes at a time throughout a day, which would allow me to make moves more often. This would make games faster. Sometimes it takes too long for moves especially when people miss turns, sometimes on purpose, and the game gets dragged on. Being a move within every twelve hours would force people to pay more attention to the game and move the game along faster. 12 hours is not unreasonable to ask, shorter hours would probably start to interfere with sleep and all.

Would like to hear other people's opinion.

Thanks,
Boyer
Corporal 1st Class boyer

Re: 12 Hour Round Length

Postby Lord Arioch on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:15 am

A while back i was thinking on suggesting that a clock be added to the create game so the creator could decide freely the amount of time for each turn.... that would be wicked awesome:) i support this idea as a start! But consider this my add to suggestion also why stop at 12 put the clock up for all to set as they whish!
Major Lord Arioch

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:22 pm

boyer wrote:Have an option for a 12 Hour round length.

As of now you have 24 hours, then go to the minutes (5,4,3,2,1). That is a wide differential. I can't do minute(s) rounds, as I don't have the time to stay on till the completion of a game. But I can log on for 5-10 minutes at a time throughout a day, which would allow me to make moves more often. This would make games faster. Sometimes it takes too long for moves especially when people miss turns, sometimes on purpose, and the game gets dragged on. Being a move within every twelve hours would force people to pay more attention to the game and move the game along faster. 12 hours is not unreasonable to ask, shorter hours would probably start to interfere with sleep and all.

Would like to hear other people's opinion.

Thanks,
Boyer

12-hour turns would be very difficult for someone who can only log on once a day. For those who have office jobs and can play at work, it might be great. But for those of us who do real work and can't log on until we get home at night, it would be a terror.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby InnyaFacce on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Dukasaur wrote:12-hour turns would be very difficult for someone who can only log on once a day. For those who have office jobs and can play at work, it might be great. But for those of us who do real work and can't log on until we get home at night, it would be a terror.

AGREE 100 %
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby Lord Arioch on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:25 am

But thats easy solved: dont join em:)
And u should be able to organise the games after clock? Say a file for 24 and a file for 12 or more?
We who are cc addict, with no life and a work that allows us to play (theree must be more of u out there than me) love this!
Major Lord Arioch

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:32 am

MERGED
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby boyer on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:03 pm

Those that say they don't have the time or need sleep, purely don't have to play in the shorter round games. Continue with the 24 hour games. I am not against the 24 hours, but feel for me, and the access I have to a computer, I could make more than one move every 24 hours or so. Those that don't want to or have the time can just not play the shorter time period. I am not saying the scroll to set time may be something that can be done, but can't see why a 12 hour set time can't be implemented easily.

Thanks for all the input.
Corporal 1st Class boyer

Postby boyer on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:07 pm

I apologize for not checking prior threads when posting this. But a poll is not necessarily ideal. Since the question should be is there enough people who would want to play this timeline or not. Not everyone is going to play it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be offered, since other people will. It's just like the quick games of minute(s) long. I will never play those time tables, as I don't have the time to do so. But I don't want to take them away, just because I am not going to play them. There are people who play those games, and I am sure there would be people, who have expressed on here, that would play the 12 hour time table as well.
Corporal 1st Class boyer

Previous

Return to Suggestions