Conquer Club

[GP] [Rules] Eliminate Deferred Troops

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Remove Deferred Troops

Postby Dillybarr on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 am

So missing turns should not give you troops for the previous missed turn.. cuz what's the point in showing up for your turn until you need to without getting kicked out, plus it slows down games.. just a thought
Cadet Dillybarr

Re: no deployable troops after missed turn

Postby greenoaks on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:00 am

Dillybarr wrote:So missing turns should not give you troops for the previous missed turn.. cuz what's the point in showing up for your turn until you need to without getting kicked out, plus it slows down games.. just a thought

that is a fantastic rule to have ............ if we were all sitting at your dining room table. but we are not. we are spread out all over the globe with no way of knowing when our turn will commence.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: no deployable troops after missed turn

Postby blakebowling on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:32 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Dillybarr wrote:So missing turns should not give you troops for the previous missed turn.. cuz what's the point in showing up for your turn until you need to without getting kicked out, plus it slows down games.. just a thought

that is a fantastic rule to have ............ if we were all sitting at your dining room table. but we are not. we are spread out all over the globe with no way of knowing when our turn will commence.

What he said.

Rejected
Private blakebowling

Re: Remove Deferred Troops

Postby Dillybarr on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Hmm true.. okay if you miss two straight or something? Or at least in speed games
Cadet Dillybarr

Re: Remove Deferred Troops

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 am

Dillybarr wrote:Hmm true.. okay if you miss two straight or something? Or at least in speed games

If you miss three turns in a row, you are removed from the game, and therefore won't get deferred troops.
Private blakebowling

Re: Eliminate Deferred Troops [REJECTED]

Postby agentcom on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Please search before posting.

MERGED.
Colonel agentcom

Re: NO REWARDS FOR DEADBEATS

Postby GoatSlayer on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 pm

blakebowling wrote:ok.....
What about people that can't help missing their turn (lets say their power goes off for two days like mine did last week)?
And they don't actually get twice the troops, they get the same amount of troops they would have if they had taken their turn.

You've missed over 300 turns, how often does your power go out??

I just played a Battle Royal where a couple of players deliberately missed their second and even third last turn in order to surprise drop troops at the end and win. In round limited games it can happen. One guy missed 4 non-consecutive turns; whatever the reason, he shoulda been kicked. I totally agree there should be harsher penalties for missing your turn. In certain games the opportunity isn't always there to take advantage of the absence ( trench; bad dice), but next turn the tardy player gets to drop more than his turn would normally allow. He missed the turn, he should miss those troops. Period.
Sergeant 1st Class GoatSlayer

Postby agentcom on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Another one ... MERGED. Please see the OP and the 50+ pages of posts to read all about this. I hate to discourage posting, but I'm not sure that it is possible that anyone could have anything new to add on this subject.
Colonel agentcom

Deferred troops yes/no

Postby stotzi on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:48 am

Concise description:

• Option "Deferred troops" with checkbox "yes" and checkbox "no" should be implemented

Specifics/Details:
  • -

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • There are many players who are against the opportunity of getting deferred troops when leaving out a turn. They could turn it off for their games.
  • Discipline becomes more valueable in clan games or other tournaments.
  • Faster gameplay, because nobody has an advantage of deliberately leaving out turns.
  • No disadvantage: Fans of deferred troops can just use the setting "on"
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel stotzi

Re: Deferred troops yes/no

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:20 am

this is just being advantage for some speed individual games (sometimes in Assassins , where people think they are offline or not watching games..

but clan games or Team games, you must be joking, missing a turns never meant, and it's too costly..

I remember a game where we were losing, bid defeat, one of opponents missed a turn, the game turned completely, and we won the game.

Game 12037984
Major Prince_Tottenham

Postby agentcom on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 am

MERGED

Please see the OP.
Colonel agentcom

*** Options for Troops "DEFERRED" ***

Postby jojosasa on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Options for troops deferred.

BEHAVIOR OR ISSUE

Players stock piling troops by missing their turn, either intentional or unintentional. As a result, it slows game play, encourages this cheap tactic and in my opinion, not within the spirit of gaming. I’ve noticed players taking their turns in other active games and deliberately avoiding taking their turn in others. Thus stock piling troops.

This ploy has been abused generally in smaller maps in the beginning.

And, also when a game reaches a moment where the map contracts/consolidates. Players miss their turn, (likely to conceal or mislead actual/projected troop size) stock piles the deferred troops as a result and exploit the game play of others whom taken their turn during the previous round(s). Experience players know when the map reaches this phase.
I understand that sometimes it is accidental, and that it may or may not have an advantage, I'm sure the variables are dependent on certain circumstances, thus my proposal.

SUGGESTION

In the [START A GAME] menu, create an option for “Deferred Troops”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes (All troops defer to you next turn - Currently the only option)
No (No troops will carry over for missed turns)

ONCE (All troops defer for only 1 round missed, once during a game)
50% (Only 50 % of troops will defer for all turns missed)
25 % (Only 25 % of troops will defer for all turns missed)

Personally, I would only add YES & NO.

BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY

Increases game play, thus players won’t deliberately stock pile troops and more turns will be taken in a shorter period of time.
Making it less frustrating for other players waiting. Gives players the option that I feel are fair and encourages quicker game play.

What harm does offering the above options have, especially when many players feel strongly about.

Thank You
Corporal 1st Class jojosasa

Re: *** Options for Troops "DEFERRED" ***

Postby Gabriel13 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 pm

I don't think I've ever had somebody intentionally miss turns to stockpile troops in a casual game. Maybe 2-3 times in speed games, but I don't see it as much of an issue.
Cook Gabriel13

Postby jojosasa on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Even you feel that it may take place, It would discourage that type of play of ever being an issue.

Nevertheless, it wont hurt to have the options available.

Postby agentcom on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:45 am

Colonel agentcom

Postby jojosasa on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:38 pm

I read that... I'm offering options for players to choose that may be deemed balanced and fair... this way players can make a more informed decision regarding deferred troops, and how they prefer the game play.

Postby agentcom on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 pm

So how is that different than this: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 971#p60971?
Colonel agentcom

Postby Foxglove on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:36 pm

jojosasa wrote:BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY

Increases game play, thus players won’t deliberately stock pile troops and more turns will be taken in a shorter period of time.
Making it less frustrating for other players waiting. Gives players the option that I feel are fair and encourages quicker game play.

Do you have any examples of games in which players have actually done this? It's quite a poor strategy, and I can't think of any players who would do such a thing.

I don't believe that this would encourage quicker game play at all.

jojosasa wrote:What harm does offering the above options have, especially when many players feel strongly about.

Thank You

Unfortunately I think it would cause harm. We are at a point where there are so many game option choices that each new one added increases the complexity of the game page. New options shouldn't be added unless they bring something new or useful to the table, and I don't see this solution as doing either one.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby jojosasa on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Although I feel my idea should stand on its own merits, however perhaps the following idea below can coincide with my idea.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=197529

Postby zimmah on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 am

it doesnt happen often and it's a bad tactic in 99% of the cases. At best you are breaking even on the amount of troops you get, but more often than not you'll get less troops than you would have gotten if you didn't miss a turn. And you'll get them at the end of your turn as well, instead of at the start.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Donelladan on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:49 am

Do you have any examples of games in which players have actually done this? It's quite a poor strategy, and I can't think of any players who would do such a thing.

it doesnt happen often and it's a bad tactic in 99% of the cases. At best you are breaking even on the amount of troops you get, but more often than not you'll get less troops than you would have gotten if you didn't miss a turn. And you'll get them at the end of your turn as well, instead of at the start.

I already see that happening in round limit games. One player is leader, and decide to miss 2 turns, that way the other players have more troops than him at the final turn and don't think he can win the game. Then he comes back for the final turn, got the deferred troops from last 2 turns, and win the game with the round limit.

Nevertheless this is a rare case, and I agree that in most of the case people miss turn unintentionnaly,and don't gain any advantage from it, quite the contrary, and so deferred troops are only giving them a small chance to still win the game. We shouldn't suppress them
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby agentcom on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Again:

agentcom wrote:So how is that different than this: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 971#p60971?

This should be merged.

Donelladan wrote:

I already see that happening in round limit games. One player is leader, and decide to miss 2 turns, that way the other players have more troops than him at the final turn and don't think he can win the game. Then he comes back for the final turn, got the deferred troops from last 2 turns, and win the game with the round limit.

That seems to me to be the fault of the other players not paying attention to the missed turns.
Colonel agentcom

Postby spiesr on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby Murphalot on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:14 pm

....so (in a 24hr game) I just cashed a set for 80-troops and was moments from placing them, then my Connection cut out. 75 minutes later it returns and of course my turn is over. Hoping i will be able to recover the troops from the hard earned set i cashed, i find they were not deferred to me.

Complete Nonsense. Good job Conquer Club *applause* you will never be receiving money from me for premium account with this BS.
Major Murphalot

Previous

Return to Suggestions