Conquer Club

[PC] Average Wait / Response Time

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should we place an Average Wait Time on each person's wall?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes : 32

[PC] Average Wait / Response Time

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:02 am

Could we have against a players name an average time taken per go?
(I don't mean the amount of time you took attacking whilst it was your go - I mean the amount of time taken before you started your go.)

Then when you are about to join a game - people who miss a go on purpose to get their armies per turn mutliplied would stand out.

People who play a large amount of real time games would need to tick a check box saying they play these games often.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:24 am

I agree... I'd say priority 4/5
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby gavin_sidhu on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:32 am

Dont like it, would only like to know if the average is over or under 24 hours. This would be too discriminating (not to me, every waking hour i have a tab on with CC)
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby nyg5680 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:30 am

and couldnt any 1 just check the box tht says u play a lot of those games
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby Pedronicus on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:42 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:Dont like it, would only like to know if the average is over or under 24 hours. This would be too discriminating (not to me, every waking hour i have a tab on with CC)

I'm not suggesting that anyone changes their play - so that everone is logging on every hour to check games / take goes etc.
Anyone who logs on and plays their games during 1 time per day will even out at 20 hours or less per go (and theres nothing wrong with that!). It's the people who miss goes on purpose that would stand out. - if there was something against their name (to the nearest hour) before you joined a game - at least you'd have an idea of what sort of player you would be encountering.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby tals on Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:38 pm

Wouldn't it be better to address the main issue? Players who miss a turn, whilst not getting a card, do have an advantage of being able to store up a large troop attack. Having legitametly missed a couple of turns this week I was pleasantly surprised at the advantage it gave me.

This is wrong as it encourages players to hold their turns and therefore delay the game. If it really needs to be in then players should have the option to skip a turn - but I don't think it should be in at all.

So my suggestion is to stop players getting the troops they missed - and I would like to see a holiday feature implemented asap.

Tals
Sergeant tals

[suggestion] Playerstats: average turn time

Postby MIV on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:28 pm

* Suggestion Idea:
The idea is to have a stat for each player showing the average time from the end of the previous players turn untill the end of his/hers turn.

* Specifics:
The stats could be presented as an average for all turns in all games.
It could in addition be presented within each game (less important).

* Why it is needed:
I like speedy games and personally get a bit annoyed by players that i.e. spend 23h50min on every turn. Still there's really no reason for complaining, but.. the average turn time stat would be a guidance when picking opponents. It might also be added as a prerequesite for joining a particular game; i.e. only players having spent less than 5h / turn are allowed to join.

The in game stats for each game is less important. I often make these my self to find out who the slow players are, so I can eliminate these to speed up the game (almost a joke, but it has actually happened twice).

* Priority** (1-5):
2. Not really important, I guess, but I would surely appreciate it.
Major MIV

Postby highlifeisdalife on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:52 pm

I Fully agree, nice feature idea, not nessisary but fuckin great for rt games an such...
Cook highlifeisdalife

Postby CreepyUncleAndy on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:31 pm

Good idea. Also include average number of territories captured per turn, average total number of armies owned per turn, and total number of cards drawn over the entire course of every game, with percentages of each kind of set traded in. :-#
Private CreepyUncleAndy

Postby Misiek on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:37 pm

This should definitely be looked into.Would make thing ALOT easier
Captain Misiek

Postby max is gr8 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:43 am

That should only be for games that are rts (I.E. when rt games come in)
I can't help it if someone thinks that I should play the second after they play
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:02 am

bad idea.
I live in the Netherlands, if some dude is just before me who lives in a tatally different timezone, it can take me a lot of hours to pick up my turn.
Not because i want to, but because i have to sleep eventually....

The only function i would see, was if it was coupled to the time needed between signings and playing the turn, and the amount of signing ins someone does.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby MIV on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:20 pm

max is gr8 wrote:That should only be for games that are rts (I.E. when rt games come in)

Then, if you are "slow" you are simply not allowed in on a game with such a prerequisite. Sorry!
Major MIV

Postby MIV on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:29 pm

SirSebstar wrote:bad idea.
I live in the Netherlands, if some dude is just before me who lives in a tatally different timezone, it can take me a lot of hours to pick up my turn.
Not because i want to, but because i have to sleep eventually....

The only function i would see, was if it was coupled to the time needed between signings and playing the turn, and the amount of signing ins someone does.

I'd thought of the timezone "problem" before I made my posting. I've made personal stats for serveral games including games in which one or more players are placed after players from different timezones. Guess what, the "slow" players are still slower and the 5h example I used wasn't totally randomly chosen. Slow players spend more than that no matter what, and it will average out so that the quick player in the long or even in the medium run does not.
Major MIV

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:46 pm

I agree with the people with timezone issues - I am in Australia and I take my turns really quickly generally whilst I'm at work. But I'm often asleep whilst players in other timezones take their turns.

The figure will not make sense - it does not take into account that someone may be slow when playing non-RT but fast when playing RT, or that someone may take turns slower or quicker on weekends, evenings or at work. I mean, even if someone has an average turn speed of 30 mins, this is very quick in a normal game, but very slow in RT. Almost everyone will have average turn speeds in hours - how does this show that someone will play good RT?

If you are interested in RT only, I don't think you will get a lot of benefit out of this, and you may exclude players who play good RT based on a nonsensical statistic.
Brigadier Genghis Khan CA

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:54 pm

bad idea not in concept but in application and the resolution from what I can see is in the works with the ability to adjust game turn timers which would make such a feature pointless and be much more effective for real time games and making sure they are played as specified and fairly
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Postby MIV on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:22 am

Genghis Khan CA wrote:The figure will not make sense - it does not take into account that someone may be slow when playing non-RT but fast when playing RT, or that someone may take turns slower or quicker on weekends, evenings or at work. I mean, even if someone has an average turn speed of 30 mins, this is very quick in a normal game, but very slow in RT. Almost everyone will have average turn speeds in hours - how does this show that someone will play good RT?

If you are interested in RT only, I don't think you will get a lot of benefit out of this, and you may exclude players who play good RT based on a nonsensical statistic.

Exactly. This is irrelevant concerning RT games and that is the exact point. For me it is impossible to play RT games, but I am usually very quick at playing my turns in non-RT games.
Major MIV

Postby MIV on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:32 am

Soloman wrote:bad idea not in concept but in application and the resolution from what I can see is in the works with the ability to adjust game turn timers which would make such a feature pointless and be much more effective for real time games and making sure they are played as specified and fairly

I sort of agree, but RT is as I said not an option for me. Setting a shorter timer for non-RT game would increase the amount of missed turns and would certainly not be an option because of the tie zone issue.

Of course players should be allowed the usual 24h. What I am aiming at is an indicator (or prerquisite) for me when joining games that the other players are in general fast (or has the intention to be). I've lately been playing several games in which I take my turn within 30min and the other part spends close to 24h.

And when the average time per turn closes in on 24h., the time zone issue is no longer relevant (agreed). Then you're dealing with a person capable of playing the turn within hours. (It's the same time of the day 24h. later). Of course no player can be forced to take turns more rapidly and that is not my intention.

When joining games I've from time to time been told that the game is a "RT" game. Some times I've backed out and some times I am in. I could start private games and before letting people in, cheque theire avrage turn time manually :)

Not a big issue, really.
Major MIV

Postby Ehriggn on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:58 am

I really really like the idea, I'd check that stat anytime I joined an open game, I'd also like to see a missed turns tally too
Lieutenant Ehriggn

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:50 am

MIV wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:That should only be for games that are rts (I.E. when rt games come in)

Then, if you are "slow" you are simply not allowed in on a game with such a prerequisite. Sorry!

I never said that I joined rt games and played slow I'm saying any gamein the public area is publicly open if I don't know it's an rt it's tough luck on them
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby MIV on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:07 am

max is gr8 wrote:
MIV wrote:

I never said that I joined rt games and played slow I'm saying any gamein the public area is publicly open if I don't know it's an rt it's tough luck on them

No problem:
Here's a game I hate, but there's nothing I can do about it and everyone in the game is following the rules/guidlines and no player is missing turns. So there it is: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=311856

I am going to deadbeat in this game and I've said so in the chat. Had the stats I've suggested been available, I would never have joined. I would have known ahead I couldn't finish the game. (Perhaps I will die anyway before I deadbeat. I've played very aggresively to manage to end the game before I deadbeat).

Average time / turn:
My Team: 1,45 h/turn and 1,65 h/turn
Other Team: 16,4 h/turn and 16,0 h/turn

Time zone issue? - Nope, not the answer.

Of course there's no way I (or anyone else) can demand these players play any faster. I guess they're not doing this on purpose to deatbeat me so I guess it's their general way of playing and the stats would have shown me. -- Thus not the game for me join.

Other way around. I start a public game - but with a limitation - it is only open to players with an average turn time less than x h/turn. I do not believe the time zone issue in general would be a large problem. It could become an issue for some spesific players, living in less populated time zones :wink:
Major MIV

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:39 am

I take it you don't listen a game that is not private should be expected to be played 1 turn every 24 hours. Most people only log-in for 2 hours and when their over they log off If they log off 5 mins before it's their turn it's not their fault.
Some people log-in evry 12 hours but struggle for access at the weekend
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby MIV on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 am

I listen. Sure I do, but ..
a game that is not private should be expected to be played 1 turn every 24 hours
is not a fact as such.

The game as it is to day, works this way and I agree, should work this way - for those who want it.

If you (or someone else) doesn't want to play a game in which the intention is to play a bit faster, althougn not RT, no one will be forcing you.

Most people only log-in for 2 hours and when their over they log off If they log off 5 mins before it's their turn it's not their fault.

Exactly, and here's a system that allow these players to match up and those other maniacs, like my self, to find each other. The system as it works to day leaves you at risk of playing a game with me. No one benefits from that. That is if you don't get a kick out of prolonging games against other players will?
Major MIV

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:02 am

You should create private games then you'll be happy you only invite people who you know play quickly
It isn't a need other features deserve to come first
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby joeyjordison on Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:12 pm

wouldn't really work. say i go to bed and i don't have any turns to take then some1 takes their turn and its mine. its then 12 hours till i can take my turns... it just wouldn't work. sometimes this happens on every turn in a game because of time zones as said before
Major joeyjordison

Next

Return to Suggestions