Conquer Club

[Site] Conquer Club Mobile App

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: CC on Mobile/iPhone/iPod

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:59 pm

40kguy wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
40kguy wrote:i think that i told you how to make one just ask one of the tech people to make one if they can dont want to ask to much.

I'm just curious how it would be done? I go on CC via my iPod Touch all the time and I don't encounter problems. I don't get how a CC app would be different. The maps would still be too big, so you'd have to scroll up and down still to attack and view the map.

have clikys on it.

How would it determine between Assault and Auto Assault? And end assaults? and how to reinforce?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby squishyg on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 pm

i just got an ipod touch and CC works awesome on it.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
40kguy wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
40kguy wrote:i think that i told you how to make one just ask one of the tech people to make one if they can dont want to ask to much.

I'm just curious how it would be done? I go on CC via my iPod Touch all the time and I don't encounter problems. I don't get how a CC app would be different. The maps would still be too big, so you'd have to scroll up and down still to attack and view the map.

have clikys on it.

How would it determine between Assault and Auto Assault? And end assaults? and how to reinforce?

Everything TFO has said. If you have internet access on your iphone or blackberry, or whatever modern phone you kids have these days, CC works fine. An app would be a fruitless expenditure of time and money, as you couldn't really do much different with an app. I can't see this happening to be honest.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:19 pm

CC works quite happily on my android phone but by default you can only see the top part of the game chat with no way to scroll down. Enabling java script then let's you see the bottom without being able to scroll up. Is it possible to enable to get the chat window working in full with a scroll bar ? It was fine on my previous symbian phone.
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby Mageplunka69 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

works awesome on my HTC hero as well....attack, auto attack ..takes alot more time than clickies, cause you actually have to read the names or the territs haha.....and advancing men and everything, but its so fast in 4g ....and i think the dice roll better as well for all you bitches of the dice haha
Major Mageplunka69

Smart phone app

Postby schreckmerunin on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:05 pm

I think someone should design a smartphone app id pay premium if conquer club made it
Sergeant schreckmerunin

Re: Smart phone app

Postby callmecommander on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:54 pm

I definitely second that motion.
Corporal 1st Class callmecommander

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm

This is the Newsletter Forum, schrekmerunin. Please direct these comments to General Discussion or another forum of the like. I'm sure a mod will be in here shortly to move this ;)
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Gilligan on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Moved to Suggs :arrow:
Major Gilligan

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks Gilly :P
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:50 am

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but a smartphone app, if sold in the iTunes Store, Android Market, etc., would attract new users to CC, and purchases would add to the site's income.
Last edited by sempaispellcheck on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby blakebowling on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:15 pm

To make this work, one of the following things would have to happen:
Maps would have to get even smaller (I'm not advocating this)
There would have to be some way to split up views of the map, eg view one continent at a time (continent as in section of the map, not bonus)
Modes would be created on the In-Game Menu, which would allow you to choose between say, assault, auto assault, view game log, game chat, and anything else you can realistically imagine. These items would give you that view of what is in the game.

This being said, there would have to be some serious development on CC side to prepare for a mobile app, even IF one of the tech team was going to develop it themselves.
Private blakebowling

Postby s3xt0y on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:57 pm

I was thinking about this a few years ago when I was really into CC and I wrote down some ideas:

1.Firstly the main screen would be the log in.
2.You would then have a menu to go to:
-My Games
-Join a Game ...etc basically everything on the left hand side of the site including forums, instructions, rules etc...
3.Once any of these section was selected they would go to their respected area, most would be basic version of the current online version.
4. The actual game play would work one of two ways
-First possibility would be to have a map that you could move around simply by dragging it and then a menu along the bottom of the screen for attacks, chat, stats etc. (Since it would be a touch screen app, you could select the area's you would want to attack similar to the clicky maps on the site)
-Second possibility is to have a quadrant based mapping system, so 4 quadrants easily selected by clicking on the little overlay conveniently placed somewhere. Again the circles would be touchable so you could select the area you wanted to attack, fort etc. You would also be able to use a the menu along the bottom if you have sausage fingers.
-I figure since it is a game where mistakes are costly I would want to add in a "are you sure" kinda thing before each move.
5. Forums, there are already many coded forums out there for mobile devices, some of which are free, porting and using one of them was were I was looking to go with that.

I have recently gotten back into CC so if anyone was looking for help with the dev of this app I would be glad to aid. I have a CompSci background with and a severe addiction to photoshop so whatever help would be needed, and if it's not already in the works...well I might start looking into it.

Also I would like to hear what others idea's are on this. I have read through the thread and it seems like there is a lot of I want an app but no real idea formation. I know there are some very creative people on this forum that have ideas towards this app, I would love to hear them.

s3x
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Postby drake_259 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:23 am

i just go on the site on my iphone via the net no difference just all smaller
Tournament Sign Ups:
Carcassonne Win 3 Months Tournament Prize
Battle For Medals! Round 2
Corporal drake_259

Postby tidalsemaj on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 pm

I totally support having an app made. If the app could notify people when its their turn then we could a) not check back constantly and b) make the games run faster since people would be immediately informed when their turn was up. Also, I saw some previous confusion about how the map could be viewed while making deploy/attack/reinforcing also easy to access. I'm no programmer, but if the map was the focus of the foreground, and then the options were part of the list function (for androids, I don't have an ipod), or possibly just a scroll away, it would make taking my turn on my phone much easier.
Sergeant 1st Class tidalsemaj

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:14 pm

You can easily get notifications in your email for your turns. But I don't have an android, so I wouldn't know if you can set up your email on there.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

mobile application for conquerclub

Postby Falkomagno on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am

Make a mobile application of conquerclub, for smartphones and tablets!

Concise description:
Conquerclub has to update itself in the applications stores available. Make a decent tool to be able to play conquerclub in smartphones (Iphone, Ipod touch, android and so on) and in tablets, highlighting the site to a wider audience and making the existing users more happy by allowing them to play their favorite risk game with the iPhone, or iPod or the tablet, which is a fast growing market and the actual tendency in technology

Specifics/Details:
  • Make a free application for smartphones and tablets
  • Loads of new users, freemium and premium, revamping the site and making a new dinamyc and user experince
  • ?????
  • Profit

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

It will make more accessible the website along the world. It can be as a refreshment of the business scheme used so far. The idea of been accessible to millions of users via Apple store and android store, keeping the two kinds of memberships (freemium and premium) with a free application can make a huge impact in the site.

And the most important thing, the user experince will be enhanced by the application of this idea
Sergeant 1st Class Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Re: mobile application for conquerclub

Postby eternal242 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:44 am

I have just finished playing 2 months of CC on my iphone only. Bit of a learning curve but worked out ok. I now am able to play waiting for a hair cut, standing in line, in a parking lot. I want to see this thing get done. What needs to happen?
Sergeant 1st Class eternal242

Re: mobile application for conquerclub

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:12 am

Merged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

CC Iphone App

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Concise description:
  • An Iphone Application for CC users

Specifics/Details:
  • None

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Allow members able to access Conquer Club mobily. Would be a good thing to develop over a period of time.

[MOD EDIT: This post and the two following have been MERGED here --agentcom]
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Re: CC Iphone App

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Lol... :oops:
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Andriod and IPhone App???

Postby TheDubPark on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Hey I don't know if anyone has said anything about this and I know mobile versions are "Okay" but how about an actual interactive Phone app, it would increase the speed of turns taken in normal games, and relieve the stress of some players unable to reach a device in time to take their turn although plenty of time is given *cough*
Last edited by TheDubPark on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private TheDubPark

Re: Andriod and IPhone App???

Postby King_Herpes on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:34 pm

TheDubPark wrote:Hey I don't know if anyone has said anything about this and I know mobile versions are "Okay" but how about an actual interactive Phone app, it would increase the speed of turns taken in normal games, and relieve the stress of some players unable to reach a device in time to take there turn although plenty of time is given *cough*

Hey Gary, right now there's a fire below my belt that no amount of cranberry juice in the world can put out.
Sorry about your little butt ✪ Dumb fucking e-lambs the lot of you
Cadet King_Herpes

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions