Conquer Club

[Rules/MED] Cheaters should be stripped of medals [Rejected]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: [Rules/MED] Cheaters should be stripped of their medals

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:54 pm

-- Take all cheaters, Strip Then down naked,, and tar and feather Them!! When an athlete is found guilty of cheating He/She gets all medals or trophy's stripped, Because no-one can determine how long the cheating went on for, Must assume if found guilty that all past present are bogus,, Same with a drug dealer, If He's caught in his millions of dollar home / cars/ boat etc.. That it all came from drug money, and everything is stripped away, Even if He was rich before He started selling drugs and only started dealing a week ago, Everything is taken. Take this into consideration, Strip the accused and found guilty down to just Their underwear, Then release Them back into the jungle to start anew. Naked with a Swiss army knife '')
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby spiesr on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:01 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:-- Take all cheaters, Strip Then down naked,, and tar and feather Them!! When an athlete is found guilty of cheating He/She gets all medals or trophy's stripped, Because no-one can determine how long the cheating went on for, Must assume if found guilty that all past present are bogus,, Same with a drug dealer, If He's caught in his millions of dollar home / cars/ boat etc.. That it all came from drug money, and everything is stripped away, Even if He was rich before He started selling drugs and only started dealing a week ago, Everything is taken. Take this into consideration, Strip the accused and found guilty down to just Their underwear, Then release Them back into the jungle to start anew. Naked with a Swiss army knife '')
Your sports analogy is somewhat flawed, in that CC is a business (with viable competitors). The cheaters in this instance are still customers. As such for infraction that don't result in a ban CC would like to keep the perpetrator as a customer. Your figurative tar & feathering doesn't sound terribly conducive to that.
Captain spiesr

Postby IcePack on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:23 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
So I think that removal of Game Achievement medals is the best compromise we can achieve, and we either submit that or we submit nothing. You all can decide.

I'd prefer nothing.

This.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:27 pm

spiesr wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:-- Take all cheaters, Strip Then down naked,, and tar and feather Them!! When an athlete is found guilty of cheating He/She gets all medals or trophy's stripped, Because no-one can determine how long the cheating went on for, Must assume if found guilty that all past present are bogus,, Same with a drug dealer, If He's caught in his millions of dollar home / cars/ boat etc.. That it all came from drug money, and everything is stripped away, Even if He was rich before He started selling drugs and only started dealing a week ago, Everything is taken. Take this into consideration, Strip the accused and found guilty down to just Their underwear, Then release Them back into the jungle to start anew. Naked with a Swiss army knife '')
Your sports analogy is somewhat flawed, in that CC is a business (with viable competitors). The cheaters in this instance are still customers. As such for infraction that don't result in a ban CC would like to keep the perpetrator as a customer. Your figurative tar & feathering doesn't sound terribly conducive to that.

-- I'm sorry, I believe cheaters are cheaters. In blood and mind. A cheater could very well sign up as premium, knowing He/she is a cheater. Cheaters are like cocka-roaches, they scamper around the edges and are afraid of the light that might expose them, I believe in stamping them out for the grotesqueness they are. If a premium cheater is obviously caught red handed, And You stripped him down naked to start anew, then He says "fck You CC I quit then" , Do You really think this type of person even belongs in a structured site as this. CC is military mind set, not romper room. Strip them down naked, If there is any honor at all or ability to turn a new leaf, Then let the perpetrator decide to stay or leave. If its the "business end" Your going for, I Myself will kik in an extra 5-10 US dollars a year for insurance against cocka-roaches. GL2UA '')
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Everyone hates cheaters, but, there needs to be a way of giving people a second chance. The pitchforks are out, but you have to think of the bigger picture. Once a cheater doesn't necessarily mean, always one.

My opinion comes from the idea that say you are moderating a forum and a user is being a general all out prick to everyone. You may take the option to infract said user. He/she continues to act in a similar fashion, so you decide "okay, time this one went on vacation." They come back from vacation and they have stopped their previous behaviour. This doesn't always happen, but I have seen it happen. It's the same thing here. You can't just condemn them completely, you have to think of the possibility of them returning and behaving. Obviously, if they continue to be whatever, THEN you might punish them more harshly. I dunno. You have to have a sort of tier system for dealing with idiots. But special medals like conquerer, most improved, etc should indeed be stripped if they are achieved through cheating.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Lindax on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:Everyone hates cheaters, but, there needs to be a way of giving people a second chance. The pitchforks are out, but you have to think of the bigger picture. Once a cheater doesn't necessarily mean, always one.

My opinion comes from the idea that say you are moderating a forum and a user is being a general all out prick to everyone. You may take the option to infract said user. He/she continues to act in a similar fashion, so you decide "okay, time this one went on vacation." They come back from vacation and they have stopped their previous behaviour. This doesn't always happen, but I have seen it happen. It's the same thing here. You can't just condemn them completely, you have to think of the possibility of them returning and behaving. Obviously, if they continue to be whatever, THEN you might punish them more harshly. I dunno. You have to have a sort of tier system for dealing with idiots. But special medals like conquerer, most improved, etc should indeed be stripped if they are achieved through cheating.

I agree, except for one thing: "You have to think of the possibility of them returning and behaving."

You don't "have to". At the end of the day the burden should be on them.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Gweeedo on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:54 pm

A player who is Deliberately dishonest Should be Expelled from CC (I hope that is the case).
Players who Violate a rule or caught manipulating a rule should be Branded (either temporarily or permanent).

I would (most likely) avoid entering a game with a known Cheater...like to have that option anyway.

Taking away a persons medals, would be equivalent to ejecting that player from the site.

I suggest, allow them to keep the ribbon and take away the Medallion.
Their shame will be seen by all.
Depending on the severity of the crime, you could attach the medallion back onto the ribbon after a period of time or accomplishment.
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Gweeedo wrote:A player who is Deliberately dishonest Should be Expelled from CC (I hope that is the case).
Players who Violate a rule or caught manipulating a rule should be Branded (either temporarily or permanent).

I would (most likely) avoid entering a game with a known Cheater...like to have that option anyway.

Taking away a persons medals, would be equivalent to ejecting that player from the site.

Depending on the severity of the crime, you could attach the medallion back onto the ribbon after a period of time or accomplishment.

Honestly, my personal opinion is that muli's busted should have a point reset back to 1000 and all the points they gained be given back to the players who unfairly won against them.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby rhp 1 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:43 pm

I have a modest solution... don't worry about lame "medals"... then, whatever result comes from losing/not losing medals, will become equally unimportant...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Gweeedo on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:15 pm

rhp 1 wrote:I have a modest solution... don't worry about lame "medals"... then, whatever result comes from losing/not losing medals, will become equally unimportant...

Medals don't account for much.

My main concern was to allow cheaters to be seen, by all.
And maybe it could appease the medal hunters as well.

Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby Neoteny on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:47 pm

We should burn it all to the ground.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:44 pm

I wonder if these should be merged here:

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=55097
viewtopic.php?f=471&t=55540
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Wow this discussion is still in place.. Well haven t read it for a year, but I still don t understand its purpose. Basically, do we think that the current disciplinary measures against cheaters are not hard enough? Are the actual measures making cheaters recidivists?
My opinion is no to both. It feels like the mods operate on a case to case basis. Some cheats might deserve a medal stripping, some cheats might deserve a point reset, some other a perma ban, some others a simple warning.
This suggestion just seems pretty stupid and simplist. If it ain t broken don t fix it.

Example of case needing a medal stripping: doc dice. He didn t cheat, but freefalling used his account to win games and battle royales. Those battle royale medals should be stripped from doc dice, as well as all the unique kills he received with those and the points. It s not a case of cheating directly.. It s someone who cheated on his behalf without his consent.

You cannot make a general rule.. As i said many times before.. Case by case and common sense!
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:13 pm

I don't argue with betiko about this.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:19 pm

betiko wrote:Example of case needing a medal stripping: doc dice. He didn t cheat, but freefalling used his account to win games and battle royales. Those battle royale medals should be stripped from doc dice, as well as all the unique kills he received with those and the points. It s not a case of cheating directly.. It s someone who cheated on his behalf without his consent.

You cannot make a general rule.. As i said many times before.. Case by case and common sense!

Can you elaborate on this?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Symmetry wrote:
betiko wrote:Example of case needing a medal stripping: doc dice. He didn t cheat, but freefalling used his account to win games and battle royales. Those battle royale medals should be stripped from doc dice, as well as all the unique kills he received with those and the points. It s not a case of cheating directly.. It s someone who cheated on his behalf without his consent.

I don t understand what isn t clear.
Basically player A had player B s PW. Player B was on cc break. Player A, a very solid player, went for a joy ride on player B s account without his consent. He won nothing less than 3 battle royales on his behalf, which gave him directly a silver battle royale medal completely undeserved. Battle royales also give 40-50 unique kills on the settings it s parametered on. This represents a huge pimpin of player B s account with acheivements he didn t get himself.
Player A received a 1 month ban. Player B keeps all the points, medals and unique kills. A medal stripping in this case seems like pretty fair. Put player B s account where it was before being highjacked.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:45 pm

betiko wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Basically player A had player B s PW. Player B was on cc break. Player A, a very solid player, went for a joy ride on player B s account without his consent. He won nothing less than 3 battle royales on his behalf, which gave him directly a silver battle royale medal completely undeserved. Battle royales also give 40-50 unique kills on the settings it s parametered on. This represents a huge pimpin of player B s account with acheivements he didn t get himself.
Player A received a 1 month ban. Player B keeps all the points, medals and unique kills. A medal stripping in this case seems like pretty fair. Put player B s account where it was before being highjacked.

Wouldn't this "pimpin" be a punishable thing already? If you're asking whether the medals unfairly earned should be stripped in this case, I'd say yes.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:30 pm

And they are not doing it, which makes no sense.
Major betiko

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Symmetry wrote:
betiko wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Wouldn't this "pimpin" be a punishable thing already? If you're asking whether the medals unfairly earned should be stripped in this case, I'd say yes.

So you are saying only the medals/wins related to the cheating should be stripped? Who would spend time manually sorting those details out?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:18 pm

chapcrap wrote:I don't argue with betiko about this.

+1

I think medal stripping in certain circumstances should be implemented. It wouldn't be hard to quickly see if someone has been inviting new recruits to manual, nuclear, freestyle games or somebody won battle royales on someone else's account. If there aren't glaring things like that then there isn't a reason to strip medals. I can't foresee any situations where an in-depth look would be required.

Also, if Symmetry replies to this post (which he will because I've mentioned him) I will completely ignore his comments.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Yeesh, let's get back to more important issues:

1. Can people be stripped of their medals without being able to get them back after 1 game?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:14 pm

If they've earned them fraudulently, then they should have to earn them back honestly, surely.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Since there's no answer to my question, should we just archive this thread? Everything's been hammered out except for the coding, which doesn't seem to have a solution.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:20 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Since there's no answer to my question, should we just archive this thread? Everything's been hammered out except for the coding, which doesn't seem to have a solution.

I'm happy to see it archived if it can't be implemented.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby stahrgazer on Sun May 11, 2014 12:52 am

Symmetry wrote:Wouldn't this "pimpin" be a punishable thing already? If you're asking whether the medals unfairly earned should be stripped in this case, I'd say yes.

In a way, cheating is like fraud. Some fines for fraud are above whatever monetary value was defrauded. In comparison, someone proven to cheat could conceivably be stripped of all medals.

Further, threat of being stripped of ALL medals might be a considerable deterrent from cheating, eh? Moreson than, "If you cheat on nukes your nuke medal will be stripped."
Sergeant stahrgazer

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions