Conquer Club

User Created Battle Royales

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

User Created Battle Royales

Postby SaucyJack on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Concise description: Currently if any regular player starts a game, the max number of players is capped at eight. This should be increased; rather than it being a multiple choice option, you should just have a text box so any number (up to a cap of say, 30) can be entered.

Specifics/Details: The reason I'm bringing this up is becaus the site has battle royales every now and again, and people enjoy those. I see no reason why people shouldn't be able to start their own epic battles.

Just throwing this out there.
Last edited by spiesr on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarify title
Lieutenant SaucyJack

Re: Allow more than 8 players to join a game

Postby chapcrap on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:33 pm

As Battle Royales are already allowed, would it be ok to merge this idea with this thread that has already been submitted?

See here: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=113234
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:42 pm

SaucyJack wrote:Concise description: Currently if any regular player starts a game, the max number of players is capped at eight. This should be increased; rather than it being a multiple choice option, you should just have a text box so any number (up to a cap of say, 30) can be entered.

Specifics/Details: The reason I'm bringing this up is becaus the site has battle royales every now and again, and people enjoy those. I see no reason why people shouldn't be able to start their own epic battles.

Just throwing this out there.

it would be great if there was one or two every month to join.

CC could make it easy for us by putting a tab on the left side of our screen in the Game Menu titled 'Battle Royale'.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SaucyJack on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Chapcrap, I'm fine with merging the two topics...my point was that the Battle Royales are special events that the CC admin put on every now and again, but the site should give players the option to start their own 12-, 20-, 30-, up-to-50-ish player games, even if such games didn't award medals to the winner. Frankly, I couldn't care less about whether I get a medal from Battle Royales; I just know that I would LOVE to be playing 50-person games when I wanted, because that's something you can't do in RL unless you have like a year's worth of planning behind it. Plus, as stated in the other thread, the more players there are, the more versatility doubles/triples/quads games get.

My only differing opinion to the other thread is that I think 12 is too low of a cap; I'd say a great cap would be 36 or 48 - that way it's higher, but still divisible by 2, 3, and 4.

In regards to people in the other thread stating that the colours would be all wonky, well, they're like that in Battle Royales, and yet people still play in them. You just learn to use the colour codes; it's no biggie.
Lieutenant SaucyJack

Postby chapcrap on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm

In seriousness, you know about Battle Royales that happen all year right? The 52 person games on Colosseum?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby nicestash on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 pm

chapcrap wrote:In seriousness, you know about Battle Royales that happen all year right? The 52 person games on Colosseum?

Yes, but I think he wants to be able to play more than 1 a month/be able to choose his own map/settings
Captain nicestash

Postby greenoaks on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm

nicestash wrote:
chapcrap wrote:In seriousness, you know about Battle Royales that happen all year right? The 52 person games on Colosseum?

Yes, but I think he wants to be able to play more than 1 a month/be able to choose his own map/settings

which would mean those games would sit there forever waiting to fill.

Join a Game would crash under the load of games with 20, 21, 22, 23, ............... player games on every single map, all with different settings.

no thankyou.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 pm

greenoaks wrote:
nicestash wrote:

which would mean those games would sit there forever waiting to fill.

Join a Game would crash under the load of games with 20, 21, 22, 23, ............... player games on every single map, all with different settings.

no thankyou.

Agreed with this though a variation of maps for battle royales would be fun. I'd love to play a 30-40 person World 2.1 game.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby greenoaks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:which would mean those games would sit there forever waiting to fill.

no thankyou.

Agreed with this though a variation of maps for battle royales would be fun. I'd love to play a 30-40 person World 2.1 game.

yes, a 20 player Assassin on World 2.1 or Hive would be awesome.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby nicestash on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:38 am

A 20 player assassin? Not sure I'd like that.
Anyways, I'm against this idea as well
Captain nicestash

Postby greenoaks on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:48 am

nicestash wrote:A 20 player assassin? Not sure I'd like that.
Anyways, I'm against this idea as well

i was thinking 20 players as then each player would have several terits. lose one and the game is not over. you could have 4 or 5 each on Hive. plus it would be nice to mix it up like that every few months.
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Archived Suggestions