Conquer Club

Remove ratings from Speed Doodle games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:46 am

Concise description:
  • "Suppose you walk into a club for an evening. You take in the sights, the sounds, the energy, all that junk. Say some guy bumps into and is unapologetic. Suppose there's a hot girl out on the dance floor. You could accurately give your opinion on the music and the atmosphere and such, but can you leave and tell your friends "It's full of jerks" or "All the chicks there are hot" and have that really be a true statement?

That's kind of my thought process with ratings for players Speed Doodle games. I'm allowed to leave ratings for people who were halfway across the map, or got eliminated before I even got to take my first turn. To leave that person a rating of five stars is dishonest. It's not to say he was a bad player, but you really can't say for sure. But I have everything to gain from doing that because then I gain a point towards a medal. That, to me, seems open to abuse."

Specifics/Details:
  • Already implemented for Battle Royales here

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Reduce the risk of abusing the ratings system
  • Improve the value of the Ratings medal
  • It will bring it inline with Battle Royales
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: Remove ratings from Speed Doodle games

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:07 am

Why not speed luxemburg?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:11 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Why not speed luxemburg?

that should be it's own suggestion ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Well then why don't we just take ratings away for all large speed games or speed games in general while we are at it? Or just remove ratings for all games with above 4 players? I can kind of see Battle Royale, because plenty of people get eliminated before they can play or round one in general. But I think this is a little too far, because the people who eliminate other people's targets in assassin or just plain out suicide should get bad ratings, and the winner is obviously good enough to get 5 stars. BR's are more or less luck in your positioning and who you target/targets you and timing, DE and Lux are less reliant on those factors.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Disagree.

I think speed doodle 2 player games are fully justifiable for appropriate ratings.

Battle Royale games always have the same number of people, and it is a large number of them which is why it makes sense to disable those ratings. Speed doodle doesn't.

And what makes speed doodle games different than 24 doodle games with same number of players??
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:12 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:Disagree.

I think speed doodle 2 player games are fully justifiable for appropriate ratings.

Battle Royale games always have the same number of people, and it is a large number of them which is why it makes sense to disable those ratings. Speed doodle doesn't.

And what makes speed doodle games different than 24 doodle games with same number of players??

Ratings abuse.

if you are in a game for a few seconds how can you properly appreciate the effort of players eliminated quickly.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:44 pm

greenoaks wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:Disagree.

Ratings abuse.

if you are in a game for a few seconds how can you properly appreciate the effort of players eliminated quickly.

Can you show some 2 player doodle games where it only lasted a few seconds?

Is this a joke suggestion or are you actually serious? If it's a joke, I apologize for not getting it right away.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:26 pm

There are enough speed doodle games that last long enough for meaningful ratings that this is not a good idea. This is not a serious suggestion. REJECTED.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:There are enough speed doodle games that last long enough for meaningful ratings that this is not a good idea. This is not a serious suggestion. REJECTED.

why do you support ratings abuse?
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Archived Suggestions