Medal for least elapsed time before taking turn

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Medal for least elapsed time before taking turn

Postby veronius on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Concise description:
  • Medal for least time elapsed after previous player's turn

Specifics/Details:
  • Average out the number of minutes elapsed in a player's games after the end of previous player's turn and the time the player to be honored begins their turn, and compute an average based on number of games played. Players who have had an average below a predetermined number of minutes (TBD - 10m, 30m, 60m, 2h, 4h, 8h etc?) over a certain number of games (also TBD) would receive the medal. Perhaps the medal could be removed if the player later fails to maintain that performance. Might be jigged to apply to speed games but I'm thinking of this for regular games. Apologies if this has been suggested before - I did search briefly but there's such a huge range of suggestions...

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Would help in a mild way to reduce number of missed turns and draw attention to players who are good about getting their turns in quickly.
Lieutenant veronius

Re: Medal for least elapsed time before taking turn

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:39 pm

I am going to go ahead and REJECT this one right off the bat. First of all using a medal for something like this doesn't mesh well with the way medals are used on this site. Secondly, the idea runs contrary to Conquer Club's nature as a game meant to be accessible for casual play. If the administration decides to change that nature maybe this could be reconsidered. See also: Place an "Average Wait Time" on each persons wall for a perhaps more workable take on the concept.
Captain spiesr

Re: Medal for least elapsed time before taking turn

Postby chapcrap on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:38 pm

spiesr wrote:I am going to go ahead and REJECT this one right off the bat. First of all using a medal for something like this doesn't mesh well with the way medals are used on this site. Secondly, the idea runs contrary to Conquer Club's nature as a game meant to be accessible for casual play. If the administration decides to change that nature maybe this could be reconsidered. See also: Place an "Average Wait Time" on each persons wall for a perhaps more workable take on the concept.

I agree with spiesr on this one. But, I do love medals. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe a different medal would work out better. You can check out the medal thread to see some things that have already been suggested: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=184044
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Archived Suggestions