Conquer Club

give challenge achievement medals for maxed out GA medalists

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

give challenge achievement medals for maxed out GA medalists

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:48 am

I am about to be maxed out in GA medals; swifte, gilligan, iron maid already are and a few are following.

Since it was quite challenging to get 30 GA medals and all the people who made it have loads of fun earning them... could we make an exception and recieve challenge achievement medals for events that qualify for GA from now on? it makes absolutely no difference for the site, and it just keeps it fun for people trying to participate in general CC challenges with a little medal perk.
Major betiko

Re: give challenge achievement medals for maxed out GA medal

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:51 am

i can't find the thread, but GA medals are also subject to the "levels" that tournaments are.
Major Gilligan

Postby betiko on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:14 am

Gilligan wrote:i can't find the thread, but GA medals are also subject to the "levels" that tournaments are.

i think they thought it was not necesairy to do it with GAs as no one was maxed out yet.

reaching 50 is pretty much impossible though, it will unfortunately make me lose interest in all those challenges proposed by the entertainment team..
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:43 pm

You could get a GA medal by winning one (1) game in Whac-a-Mod. Which Challenge Medal has a comparable difficulty?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:You could get a GA medal by winning one (1) game in Whac-a-Mod. Which Challenge Medal has a comparable difficulty?

Or get a GA medal for winning the olympic games tournament vs 72 other teams after over a year of competitions and about a 100 games played by my team... Which is much more difficult than any monthly challenge.
Also let s say an official mafia game... Those can last over 3 month and require lots of dedication, and are harder to get than a monthly challenge.

The difficulty to get some GAs compared to another is pretty broad.
The challenge medals are never hard, it s just about being persistent and playing enough games of a given setting in a timeframe; there is no restriction in terms of wins/losses.
Major betiko

Postby Gabriel13 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:50 pm

You can also get a GA medal extremely easily by finding hidden items on a day, making a song about CC, winning a BR, collecting clovers.. Most GA medals are not that hard to get. Some of the ones you have achieved may have been difficult, but there are many that take barely any effort, BR winning taking the least.. ;)
Cook Gabriel13

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:52 am

Gabriel13 wrote:You can also get a GA medal extremely easily by finding hidden items on a day, making a song about CC, winning a BR, collecting clovers.. Most GA medals are not that hard to get. Some of the ones you have achieved may have been difficult, but there are many that take barely any effort, BR winning taking the least.. ;)

while i agree with this... are you saying that challenge medals are harder to get? maybe not in march, but till then you could win challenge medals losing 100% of your games as long as you created enough of them. challenge medals are always about quantity and not quality, only time can eliminate you from winning.... and you have a full month!!
I think it's irrelevant to try and put a hierarchy between GA and CA medals in terms of difficulty, it all depends.
the thing is that it's not worth trying to bother earning more GAs once you reached 30. the GA quests are often fun, and removing the reward part makes it unworthy to go after it.
There are a couple of competitons that have rewarded with both GA and CA so far. I don't see why it would be a problem if maxed out players still get the fun of participating in GA contest and get a prize too.
Major betiko

Postby Swifte on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:07 am

Sorry betiko, they're two different medals - if they weren't, we wouldn't have needed a new one. This isn't a good solution.

I'm fine with waiting until 50 GA's to get a cool medal that shows I earned 50 of them. It's the exact same as the other medals after 30... my desire to win tournaments is not diminished by the number of medals I get... nor is my interested in earning GAs. If yours is.. then try for something else. Not the end of the world.

Probably the only thing I don't like is there will be no where for me to keep track of where I'm at on the path to the next medal (unlike tournament winner/organizer medals which have the Hall of Fames).
Colonel Swifte

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:46 am

Swifte wrote:Sorry betiko, they're two different medals - if they weren't, we wouldn't have needed a new one. This isn't a good solution.

I'm fine with waiting until 50 GA's to get a cool medal that shows I earned 50 of them. It's the exact same as the other medals after 30... my desire to win tournaments is not diminished by the number of medals I get... nor is my interested in earning GAs. If yours is.. then try for something else. Not the end of the world.

Probably the only thing I don't like is there will be no where for me to keep track of where I'm at on the path to the next medal (unlike tournament winner/organizer medals which have the Hall of Fames).

ok this might go against my interest... but yes there is swifte! :lol:

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... 2&medal=13

(go on medals on the top tab of the forum pages, then medal recipients of the medal you're looking for)
Major betiko

Postby Swifte on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:50 am

betiko wrote:
Swifte wrote:Sorry betiko, they're two different medals - if they weren't, we wouldn't have needed a new one. This isn't a good solution.

ok this might go against my interest... but yes there is swifte! :lol:

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... 2&medal=13

(go on medals on the top tab of the forum pages, then medal recipients of the medal you're looking for)

That won't update when I earn my 31st GA, because I won't actually get a medal. It will update to 31, when I have earned 50 GAs.
Colonel Swifte

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 am

humm true! just went to see on tournament medals for example and you are right.

maybe we should do a suggestion to implement this for GA and CA medals the way they did for TA and TC
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:48 am

betiko wrote:humm true! just went to see on tournament medals for example and you are right.

maybe we should do a suggestion to implement this for GA and CA medals the way they did for TA and TC

Definitely a suggestion I can get behind... new thread?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Return to Archived Suggestions