Conquer Club

Coloured Star to show status of a Suggestion

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Coloured Star to show status of a Suggestion

Postby universalchiro on Sun May 25, 2014 12:56 am

Concise description:
  • Many times players will comb through the suggestion forum to see how a suggestion is progressing, but to their let down, they find no activity, no indication that the suggestion is even on the radar of forum moderator. A colour coded system will give indicators for players that the suggestion is moving through the proper channels.

Such as having a certain colour for the Stars in front of each suggestions to indicate the status of the suggestion.

Specifics/Details:
  • When a suggestion is brought forward as a new topic, have the moderator change the color to white. White indicates the suggestion has been viewed by moderator. After a series of discussions and the moderator views the suggestion has merit, then change the colour to blue. When the suggestion becomes further refined with discussion and the moderator is ready to approve the suggestion, then the color changes to green. Green means go.

Conversely, after a moderator views a suggestion and changes to color white, but thinks the idea has no or little value or not heading in right direction, then the colour is yellow. After further discussion , if the suggestions can't be improved or saved, then the colour changes to red and moved to rejected folder.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Currently players are Replying to suggestions that are good suggestions, but are finding them towards the bottom of the page and they'll add +1 to reactivate the suggestion. Then another player will write +2, then another writes +3 & another replies +4. The players are implicitly saying "what is being done with this good suggestion?". Some have explicitly said "What is the status?". This color coding system is a step to solve this & provide information to improve suggestions forum which is to improve this site.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Coloured Star to show status of a Suggestion

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am

Dude, there's "the sticky", and the three categories: archived, implemented, and what not. The mods will get to it each suggestion when they get to it. You can actually read their response when they respond and figure out what their comment means.

There's no need for this time-consuming suggestion. It's unnecessary and counter-productive. It's a system which would make sense for a 20+ moderator team handling 50 new suggestions per day.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Foxglove on Wed May 28, 2014 10:07 am

I'm not a huge fan of this, because it just adds extra process for I think not a lot of benefit. The initial state - white - when a moderator has looked at a topic - is very easy to discern because a mod has posted in most of the topics.

I think the blue state can be indicated already by being stickied.

The red state is already indicated by the topic being moved to the rejected forum.

I am open to ideas for this, I'm just not sure it's going in the right direction. Let's tag it yellow. :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby universalchiro on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:48 pm

@Foxglove, okay the suggestion is heading in the wrong direction, but I'm thinking there is some value in the "Suggestion forum" of a system that is more apparent of the process of whether an idea is moving towards being implemented or moving towards being rejected. Currently the forum appears static with no clear understanding if an idea has any movement in either direction, implementation or rejection.

So if the coloured system doesn't sound beneficial for indicating that topics are moving through the process one way or another, then maybe a numbering system: positive
numbers indicate its moving towards implementation, and negative numbers indicate its moving towards rejection.

For example: 1 through 10 with 10 equals implemented. And -1 through -10 with -10 equals rejection. Zero is an initial post.

(no trolling from BBS saying I give this a -10 or -100) although that would be funny.
My overall objective is to give clarity of movement of a topic through the chain process.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Return to Suggestions