Conquer Club

[GP] Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Implement a "confirm" at the end of deployments

Postby delilahplay2 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:27 am

This is something that could be added to the preferences so that those players who feel that an extra click would annoy them (I get it) don't have to have this option?
I suspect it will come down to how difficult it would be to code. However definitely worth considering surely?
Private 1st Class delilahplay2

Need 'go back to assaults' option

Postby talonz on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:21 pm

During the reinforcement phase, there needs to be a 'go back to assaults' button, usable if no reinforcements have been made.

I *hate* misclicks costing me an entire turn, when for some reason, usually because im on a different computer, I click end assaults when I am not actually done with my assaults. I don't know why this happens (other than the change in screen size? desire to click far right button? dunno) but it really ticks me off that I cant say 'oh wait...ah crap' and continue assaults as I planned or really want to. Even just a popup 'are you sure yes/no' for ending assaults would really do the trick too.

Thanks.
Colonel talonz

Re: Resume Attack

Postby spiesr on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm

MERGED: Need 'go back to assaults' option

The BOB add-on has an option for confirmations for such things, which may provide faster relief for your symptoms.
Captain spiesr

Re: Resume Attack

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 pm

I merged a couple other threads as well. This class of suggestion was wrongly merged with the other Undo threads in Rejected. This is different, though, as no actions have been taken that change the game state when the 'end assault' phase has been clicked (at least, since no one knows when you've done this). Still unlikely to be implemented because of the not too great benefits of doing so, but definitely different. So I pulled the one I found out of that thread ("Return to Assault") and merged it with this one.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Re: Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Sorry, no versions of undos. It sucks to make a mistake, but you'll have to live with it in a game.

MERGED
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:43 pm

chap, confirmations are a wwwhhhoooolllleeee different topic. If you check out the index in HQ, you'll see that confirmations have been proposed (multiple times) for just about everything, but they're separate from the undo stuff. The answer to the undo suggestions is "No." The answer to the confirmations suggestions is "get a plug-in."
Colonel agentcom

Postby spiesr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Yeah chapcrap, I don't think any of those 3 threads should have been merged here.
Resume Attack is the one Undo related idea that could actually maybe happen.
Confirm Buttons are a different, potentially doable idea.
And being able to turn the AutoAssault button off via the control panel has almost nothing to do with this thread.

Also you did your links wrong.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:13 am

agentcom wrote:chap, confirmations are a wwwhhhoooolllleeee different topic. If you check out the index in HQ, you'll see that confirmations have been proposed (multiple times) for just about everything, but they're separate from the undo stuff. The answer to the undo suggestions is "No." The answer to the confirmations suggestions is "get a plug-in."

spiesr wrote:Yeah chapcrap, I don't think any of those 3 threads should have been merged here.
Resume Attack is the one Undo related idea that could actually maybe happen.
Confirm Buttons are a different, potentially doable idea.
And being able to turn the AutoAssault button off via the control panel has almost nothing to do with this thread.

Also you did your links wrong.

I try to amend...

I'm not sure what's wrong with the links. :?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:14 am

chapcrap wrote:I'm not sure what's wrong with the links. :?
It looks like you linked them to the original thread rather than the post in this thread.
Captain spiesr

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 am

spiesr wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I'm not sure what's wrong with the links. :?
It looks like you linked them to the original thread rather than the post in this thread.

Well, I used the post links, not the thread links, so that should follow the post no matter which thread it is in. That's why I don't get it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ridger on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:04 am

Have had my assault phase finish, after just choosing how many troops to move following an attack. Only seems to happen when playing on my phone.

I've clicked end assaults accidentally a few times, while learning the layout. I assumed I may had also done so on my phone, but it just happened now and I certainly didn't this time.

Anyone else had issues with it finishing go for you? Only happens when I use auto assault, but seems strange.
Colonel ridger

Replay Move REWIND MODE!

Postby FreeFalling123 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:43 pm

I like to think of some ridiculous idea where you get the choice to either replay the move or take the move as given every turn. All players get the option to choose if their dice could be better than they replay the move from the deploys. This is probably impossible to get set up for a game, but in the future... how sweet would that be? You get some important roll and you lose it when you should win it, and you replay it and lose it again... :oops:

benefits: players who complain about the dice would be put to shame when they lose some absurd roll so then their opponent who was losing rolls gets shitty dice, rewinds and boom wipes him right out. No more complaining about dice ;)

Okay I think it would just be interesting, not sure what problems this poses in the logistic world, but in my imaginary world I'm thinking I can decide between taking a redo or not, whereas some other noob wins 9v4 with 6 guys left and goes.. man I should get better dice.. rewind LOSES, no more rewind the play must stay and he cries about the bad dice :P

Anyone?
Major FreeFalling123

Re: Replay Move REWIND MODE!

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Just clarifying- if you don't get your dice right the first time, you are given the opportunity to replay your move and see if your dice are better, or if you want to go trough a different chain of attacks?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby chapcrap on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:11 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:Just clarifying- if you don't get your dice right the first time, you are given the opportunity to replay your move and see if your dice are better, or if you want to go trough a different chain of attacks?

Either way, this is going to be a no. You can use the first attack through as a scout mission and test out different strategies. So, this isn't even about just trying to correct bad dice. But, even if that's all it was about, it's still a no. The dice are random. You don't get second chances.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby FreeFalling123 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Yeah, I was thinking a re-roll button more than actually redoing the whole move lol but you have to re-roll all the rolls somehow... Yeah that's a little absurd. I think re playing the move would be the only way it could work.
Major FreeFalling123

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:56 pm

FreeFalling123 wrote:Yeah, I was thinking a re-roll button more than actually redoing the whole move lol but you have to re-roll all the rolls somehow... Yeah that's a little absurd. I think re playing the move would be the only way it could work.

replaying the move is also a no.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby FiestyLion on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:18 pm

I know you guys dont really give a crap, but the truth is that your reluctance to put in an undo button is one one the reason's I refuse to pay for membership to this site. (I'm premium because it was gifted to me). Your stupid reason's just arent good enough. "Just be more careful". "Take your time". "The coding takes too long". "Mistakes happen in real games too". These cop-outs just make you look lazy and you know they aren't valid reasons for not allowing an undo button. If I were sitting at a real Risk board, there's no possible way for me to accidentally click a button and move my entire army to the wrong territory by mistake. I've been on the site for several years, and I only make a mistake once or twice a year, but when I do it costs me a game, and it's incredibly frustrating to lose a game simply because a clicked my mouse button on accident.

This upgrade needs to happen. Yes, it's been suggested since back in 2006. It's 2014 now. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Good god you guys are worthless... It takes away from the integrity of the game and not having it makes your product worse.

I agree that free style games would be tricky. Given the choice between the two I think most people would rather have the undo option than the ability to play free style games. Or, just hire someone who actually knows how to program (ahem) and you can have both.
Captain FiestyLion

Postby agentcom on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:11 am

FiestyLion wrote: Given the choice between the two I think most people would rather have the undo option than the ability to play free style games.

:lol: <-- See that little guy? He's picturing the hoards of angry freestylers who just got told that freestyle has been removed, so that everyone else can have an undo button.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Why the hell did the resume attack option get merged in with this after I specifically said it shouldn't have been...
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby azbirdiemaker on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:03 am

My laptop's touchpad just screwed me on my deploy. This game has been going on For. Ev. Er. ... I had it won, and I brushed the touchpad and it registered about 5 clicks in a row right around the area where the deployment button is. Tragic. Now this is going to keep dragging on ... I'm over it.

AZBirdiemaker

2014/2015 Chairman for the "Undo Button" Campaign.
Sergeant azbirdiemaker

Postby clangfield on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:05 am

azbirdiemaker wrote:My laptop's touchpad just screwed me on my deploy. This game has been going on For. Ev. Er. ... I had it won, and I brushed the touchpad and it registered about 5 clicks in a row right around the area where the deployment button is. Tragic. Now this is going to keep dragging on ... I'm over it.

AZBirdiemaker

2014/2015 Chairman for the "Undo Button" Campaign.

With you on this one. Clickable map, dodgy mouse, result was all my troops in one place on a trench map; didn't help it was 1 v 1 with an objective and I was going second, but it was still a much worse game than it should have been.
Obviously Undo should be available for deployment; I'm open minded about reinforcement (I don't actually mind, it's the reason I only play Unlimited, although even then it would still be handy for maps with one-way movement).
Definitely for deployment and definitely not for attacks.
Lieutenant clangfield

Previous

Return to Suggestions