Conquer Club

Nothing But Neutral Ground:KingofNeutrals[Winner: ChrisPond]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Finals]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Update

After both ChrisPond and D00MandD3A7H won their Home and Away games in Round 8, we now are set for the finals of the tournament. The best of 5 series shall certainly be interesting, as 3 of the 5 games are on the exact same settings on Conquer Rome. ChrisPond has the distinguished honour of being the only player who managed to keep his original home map from start to finish, and we can definitely expect excellent play from him on this map after winning it 8 times in a row.

That doesn't mean D00MandD3A7H can't change ChrisPond's undefeated status on the map though. After all, D00MandD3A7H has played and won on the same map settings since Round 6 of the tournament, and is responsible for eliminating dkmaster from the tournament - who was undefeated on this same map till Round 7.

As for the other two games - D00MandD3A7H's original home map may ironically be his weakness, as he immediately lost it in Round 1. The random home map of another player was chosen to be plurple's settings on New World. And as neither player have played this map during the course of the tournament, it'll definitely be anybody's game.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby ChrisPond on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:46 am

I have managed to take the first 2 victories but the other 3 games are still up in the air. this D00MandD3A7H guy is a good player :-$
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby ChrisPond on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:04 am

ChrisPond wrote:I have managed to take the first 2 victories but the other 3 games are still up in the air. this D00MandD3A7H guy is a good player :-$

Victory number 3 is in my grasp!

I will miss this tournament after it is completed.
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:19 pm

ChrisPond wrote:
ChrisPond wrote:I have managed to take the first 2 victories but the other 3 games are still up in the air. this D00MandD3A7H guy is a good player :-$

Victory number 3 is in my grasp!

I will miss this tournament after it is completed.

Yep, it looks like it's going to be a very close 3-2 victory! I'll announce the tournament win once the 3rd win of yours is official, for formalities' sake.

And awww, that's always nice to hear (: I certainly hope you enjoyed the entire tournament!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby ChrisPond on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Victory number 3 is mine. Should finish 3-2 unless I figure out a way to make a comeback in game 5. Was a tough series and it could have gone either way.
Colonel ChrisPond

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground:KingofNeutrals[Winner: ChrisP

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am

Update

In a closely fought series, the final games are now complete. Both ChrisPond and D00MandD3A7H wouldn't give an inch on either of their home games, and so it all came down to the randomly selected home map, on which ChrisPond took the early lead and never looked back. And so, with a score of 3-2, ChrisPond is the King of Neutrals!

CONGRATULATIONS CHRISPOND!!! =D> =D> =D>

Also, as mentioned in the first post, "A General Achievement Medal will be awarded to the player who wins the most number of away games before the finals, without winning the tournament (approved!)."

The most number of away wins was ChrisPond with 7, but since he was the tournament winner, we move on to the next in line, where D00MandD3A7H and patrick1744 are tied with 6 away wins apiece. By virtue of the fact that an opponent who has possessed his home map for a greater number of games would be more experienced and harder to defeat, the tiebreaker shall be done by calculating the total number of tournament rounds each of their opponents had held the map as their home map before being beaten.

D00MandD3A7H - 18: General Achievement Medal
Round 1 - Erland (1)
Round 3 - andypl0nd0n (1)
Round 6 - slickstick (2)
Round 7 - dkmaster (7)
Round 8 - Marshallbobby (7)

patrick1744 - 12
Round 1 - The Plume (1)
Round 3 - Schredder22 (1)
Round 5 - torres44cm (3)
Round 6 - slytown (6)
Round 7 - slytown (1)

CONGRATULATIONS D00MandD3A7H! =D>
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby D00MandD3A7H on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Congratz CP! I got a medal for most away wins!
Major D00MandD3A7H

Location: Launched from : Florida | Destination : UAC Headquarters on Mars

Postby ChrisPond on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:51 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Update

In a closely fought series, the final games are now complete. Both ChrisPond and D00MandD3A7H wouldn't give an inch on either of their home games, and so it all came down to the randomly selected home map, on which ChrisPond took the early lead and never looked back. And so, with a score of 3-2, ChrisPond is the King of Neutrals!

CONGRATULATIONS CHRISPOND!!! =D> =D> =D>

Also, as mentioned in the first post, "A General Achievement Medal will be awarded to the player who wins the most number of away games before the finals, without winning the tournament (approved!)."

The most number of away wins was ChrisPond with 7, but since he was the tournament winner, we move on to the next in line, where D00MandD3A7H and patrick1744 are tied with 6 away wins apiece. By virtue of the fact that an opponent who has possessed his home map for a greater number of games would be more experienced and harder to defeat, the tiebreaker shall be done by calculating the total number of tournament rounds each of their opponents had held the map as their home map before being beaten.

D00MandD3A7H - 18: General Achievement Medal
Round 1 - Erland (1)
Round 3 - andypl0nd0n (1)
Round 6 - slickstick (2)
Round 7 - dkmaster (7)
Round 8 - Marshallbobby (7)

patrick1744 - 12
Round 1 - The Plume (1)
Round 3 - Schredder22 (1)
Round 5 - torres44cm (3)
Round 6 - slytown (6)
Round 7 - slytown (1)

CONGRATULATIONS D00MandD3A7H! =D>

Damn...I thought I was going to get 2 medals.
Colonel ChrisPond

Previous

Return to Completed 2013