Conquer Club

World War X: Capture The Flag [TPA4] [Winner: overlander]

Tournaments Completed in 2014.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: World War X: Capture The Flag [TPA4] [Phase II]

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Game 15142504. Complete. Silly winner. After heroic final stand by sempai's last man
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:Game 15142504. Complete. Silly winner. After heroic final stand by sempai's last man

Okay cool, thanks! I'm currently on vacation and will send out the new games when I get back.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:22 am

Update

Round 14 is finished aside from 1 game, meaning that each player should have played 12 games, and had 2 byes each.

We currently have a 3-way tie for 1st place, with overlander, TheTrueNorth and Silly Knig-it having 8 wins each. overlander still has 1 game in progress though, so he could take his win count to 9.

As overlander coincidentally will be facing TheTrueNorth and Silly Knig-it in Rounds 14 and 15, the power to stop him from winning lies entirely in their own hands. Then of course, they'll have to try to hit 10 wins before the other.

Just a reminder, the tiebreaker rules as stated at the start of the tournament in the first post indicate that if 2 players reach 10 wins in the same round, the win will be decided by Phase I scores. This means that as long as overlander is one of the first to reach 10 wins, he will win the tournament.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: World War X: Capture The Flag [TPA4] [Winner: overlander

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Update

Soon after the previous update, overlander broke the 3-way tie by winning his game against pindary, taking his win count to 9. From there, despite Silly Knig-it's valiant attempts, overlander won his 10th game out of 13 played games, taking the win for the tournament.

It's perhaps fitting that overlander took home the final win, seeing as he had the highest flag captures in his faction during Phase I, even tying with the eventual GA Medal winner, djelebert, losing out only due to flag captures against him.

CONGRATULATIONS OVERLANDER!!! =D> =D> =D>
Colonel anamainiacks

Previous

Return to Completed 2014