Conquer Club

September 2018 - Assdoodle Speeders

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: September 2018 - Assdoodle Speeders

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
lokisgal wrote:Ass doodles have NOT always been traditionally FS. Nope . Playing FS is not a rut its something that your net speed determines. Couple that with the consistent lags on the site. Well ... Its no wonder when you click the find games button there is rarely one out there :roll:

Check Game Finder.

138,000 assdoodles have been played, 110,000 were freestyle, less than 28,000 sequential. About a 4-to-1 breakdown.

As of this post, there have been 106,118 freestyle speed assdoodles.

There have only been 10,946 sequential speed assdoodles.

In a speed game, there is a 10-1 chance a assdoodle will be a freestyle game. I would say that qualifies as a traditional setting for how an assdoodle is played. The whole point of the Monthly Challenges is to play a game variant that you may have never played before. I think it is a great exposure for many players, because I would love to see freestyle speed make a comeback on CC.

Props to the Community Team.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
lokisgal wrote:Ass doodles have NOT always been traditionally FS. Nope . Playing FS is not a rut its something that your net speed determines. Couple that with the consistent lags on the site. Well ... Its no wonder when you click the find games button there is rarely one out there :roll:

Check Game Finder.

138,000 assdoodles have been played, 110,000 were freestyle, less than 28,000 sequential. About a 4-to-1 breakdown.

In a speed game, there is a 10-1 chance a assdoodle will be a freestyle game. I would say that qualifies as a traditional setting for how an assdoodle is played. The whole point of the Monthly Challenges is to play a game variant that you may have never played before. I think it is a great exposure for many players, because I would love to see freestyle speed make a comeback on CC.

I would love it to. I think the problem is that the speed freestyle community has generally been pretty toxic and good at what they do. Barrier to entry is high when the skill level (and internet speed) is a massive cap, not to mention the anger tends to fly. I miss the old freestyle days, but I lose connection to CC (only, not other places) too often to make it worthwhile for me anymore. I will say I think most of the toxic ones have left the site.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:28 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Check Game Finder.

I would love it to. I think the problem is that the speed freestyle community has generally been pretty toxic and good at what they do. Barrier to entry is high when the skill level (and internet speed) is a massive cap, not to mention the anger tends to fly. I miss the old freestyle days, but I lose connection to CC (only, not other places) too often to make it worthwhile for me anymore. I will say I think most of the toxic ones have left the site.

The speed freestyle community and people who play assdoodle are not one and the same. Any old idiot can play an assdoodle and win. Also it's generally regular speed players who are toxic, not just freestylers.

All I see in this thread are people talking like they know about shit when they aint got a clue.

For whoever the idiot was that suggested standard over assassin; you have a better chance of winning more games when it's assassin. Speed on cashes and kills and sweeping the board is way more important in a multiplayer speed freestyle standard game than it is in assassin.

As Jdsizzle is literally the only person in this thread who has a clue about these games, I'm sure he can agree.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby JEDSTRONG on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:51 pm

I play on mobile (iOS). I have never lost a game because of my internet. Just have to strategize accordingly. Iā€™ve won a few games too.
Last edited by JEDSTRONG on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major JEDSTRONG

Postby JEDSTRONG on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Definitely need more games though! Canā€™t CC set up auto games so that there are always at least one of each type open? That would be more inviting for players looking for a quick match.
Major JEDSTRONG

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:59 pm

JEDSTRONG wrote:Definitely need more games though! Canā€™t CC set up auto games so that there are always at least one of each type open? That would be more inviting for players looking for a quick match.

Don't be afraid to start one. These are public games; there are no restrictions on who can start one. Just be careful to make the right settings.

I don't want to start a whole bunch because then none of them fill. I think it's more successful when people create one at a time and announce in chat that there's a new one up.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby JEDSTRONG on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
JEDSTRONG wrote:Definitely need more games though! Canā€™t CC set up auto games so that there are always at least one of each type open? That would be more inviting for players looking for a quick match.

Don't be afraid to start one. These are public games; there are no restrictions on who can start one. Just be careful to make the right settings.

I don't want to start a whole bunch because then none of them fill. I think it's more successful when people create one at a time and announce in chat that there's a new one up.

I've started plenty, but it would still be easier and boost participation. Not everyone is a self starter or the economy would be better. ;)

They would definitely fill up.
Major JEDSTRONG

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:17 pm

JEDSTRONG wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I've started plenty, but it would still be easier and boost participation. Not everyone is a self starter or the economy would be better. ;)

They would definitely fill up.

Ideally I could start one, but I imagine it could take awhile to fill, so by the time it's ready, I'm likely already offline....so would be nice when I check games there are some options ;)
show: My CC
Captain morleyjoe

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:As Jdsizzle is literally the only person in this thread who has a clue about these games, I'm sure he can agree.

LOL. Yes Jdizzle is a level above me in freestyle speeders. Doesn't mean I don't have a clue ;) Speed freestyle games were actually how I got my highest rank.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:06 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:As Jdsizzle is literally the only person in this thread who has a clue about these games, I'm sure he can agree.

LOL. Yes Jdizzle is a level above me in freestyle speeders. Doesn't mean I don't have a clue ;) Speed freestyle games were actually how I got my highest rank.

Okay Congrats, make that 1 more person in this thread knows what they're talking about. However what you said about the "freestyle community" wasn't strictly accurate.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:33 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:

Okay Congrats, make that 1 more person in this thread knows what they're talking about. However what you said about the "freestyle community" wasn't strictly accurate.

Just for kicks I'd love to hear what your actual breakdown of my reply is. You committed multiple logical fallacies in your last two replies by claiming I'm ignorant first, then in the second post claiming that I'm not strictly accurate about the freestyle community.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Check Game Finder.

(1) The speed freestyle community and people who play assdoodle are not one and the same. (2)Any old idiot can play an assdoodle and win. (3)Also it's generally regular speed players who are toxic, not just freestylers.

(4)All I see in this thread are people talking like they know about shit when they aint got a clue.

(5)For whoever the idiot was that suggested standard over assassin; you have a better chance of winning more games when it's assassin. Speed on cashes and kills and sweeping the board is way more important in a multiplayer speed freestyle standard game than it is in assassin.

(6)As Jdsizzle is literally the only person in this thread who has a clue about these games, I'm sure he can agree.

First off you assumed, without any reason to believe so, that I was 1) not a freestyle player or literate in it in any way and 2) that I thought assdoodle = freestyle. No, they are not one in the same, they have many crossovers. As posted in this thread, most assdoodles are considered standard when played with freestyle mechanics. That is the whole reason I even replied to Jdsizzle above. Because I was talking to HIM about the freestyle community. I was not, as you assumed, speaking of the assdoodles in isolation but in fact, was responding to his comment "I think it is a great exposure for many players, because I would love to see frestyle speed make a comeback on CC."

I was making a point and carrying the discussion forward on that end by stating why I thought that the freestyle community has struggled to be revitalized.

(1) I agree they are not the same, never said they were
(2) yes, anyone can win assdoodles. I will however say, there is still a skill gap related to any assdoodle that is a speed freestyle, much like all other speed freestyle games.
(3) I agree to disagree, I may just not play enough sequential speeders to have come across the large amount of toxics that existed in speed freestyle. I might however be remembering it wrong since I tend to have been a pretty sensitive individual, perhaps those people came across wrong more often simply due to that period in my life. So you could very well be right here.
(4) General grumbling about uninformed people, but how does that relate to my reply?
(5) I'm assuming this isn't related to me at all.
(6) Statements like these are funny when you are wrong and too new to the site to know who the freestylers all entailed, most of which happened before even I joined them. I bet you don't even know who ljex is. #seniority

And as far as being "strictly accurate" why would you even bring that up when most of your statements are filled with fallacies and false assumptions? I think I'm pretty close with my musings, never claimed to be a know-it-all, and could very well be wrong on any point. But throwing around Ad Hominem and stating things as fact that you aren't aware of (such as me being a speed-freestyle player) shows your ignorance. I'd suggest looking things up before critiquing someone so rudely and harshly.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:26 pm

First of all, my entire post was not addressed at you. I'm not sure why you think so unless your reading comprehension is lacking. My main point to you was that a high percentage of regular speed players could be considered toxic, not exclusively freestylers as you seem to suggest. Perhaps the density of toxicity in freestylers is great, but in general it's the speed community. There are just smaller number of freestylers.

I suppose I did make a very slight incorrect assumption when I said "all I see in this thread are people talking like they know about shit when they aint got a clue". Although, you also made an incorrect statement, so let's call that one a tie.

The rest wasn't aimed at you specifically but whatever let's go through your post for a laugh.

(1) Oh we agree, that's a nice start! Pleasant surprise.

Good start. Next!

(2) Yes. Speed freestyle is one of the most challenging settings in this game. It's no surprise some of the best players this site has seen were top calibre speed freestylers.

Wonderful, I like where this is going.

(3) I suppose if you have people like KH and DF the opinion can be slightly skewed, and generally freestyle is more intense so words fly more easily, but speed nonetheless was a much more toxic environment than casual games in general.

Slowing down, but we're still steady. Good stuff.

(4) It doesn't and it wasn't directed specifically at you but rather people commenting in general.

Seem to be levelling off. I hope we don't hit a downward trajectory.

(5) Why even assume? I literally said it's for whatever idiot made that comment. Man from Modesto I think it was.

(6) Wow, wrong because you've played speed freestyle. How about everyone else in this thread? I know who ljex is and in no world are you my senior, sorry bub.

How can you say most of my statements are filled with fallacies and false assumptions when we've just agreed on 2-3 things, 2 things were unrelated and we disagreed on literally 1 thing?

I'd suggest looking things up in the future instead buddy! Such a shame, I thought we were about to really hit it off.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby hopalong on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I thought we were about to really hit it off.

from my perspective, sitting naked on my sofa at home while eating spaghetti, you two really have hit off like! more, please.
Major hopalong

Postby JEDSTRONG on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Who wants to set up some times to meet for silver and gold games? I am generally free 8 - 10pm EST, but donā€™t like sitting in front of the screen waiting so itā€™s hit or miss. Any others?
Major JEDSTRONG

Postby Mageplunka69 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Showing 1 - 20 of 9,084 thats what i contributed
I think we should arrange times to get us together
ill be on tomorrow with some ass up
Major Mageplunka69

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:44 pm

hopalong wrote:from my perspective, sitting naked on my sofa at home while eating spaghetti, you two really have hit off like! more, please.

I aim to please. ;)

iAmCaffeine wrote:I suppose I did make a very slight incorrect assumption when I said "all I see in this thread are people talking like they know about shit when they aint got a clue". Although, you also made an incorrect statement, so let's call that one a tie.

How is it a slight incorrect assumption? You dismissed my opinion as valid, entirely based on the fact that you thought I was not a speed freestyler, or at least insinuated thats why anyones comments didn't matter. Thats not a slight incorrect assumption, thats an entirely debased reason to invalidate my opinion. The very basis of your criticism of my knowledge was false.

I'm willing to accept when I'm wrong, you are willing to underplay yours to the point of almost seemingly approachable. Just like it took 4 or 5 messages for you to realize a game we played against each other was trench, while you threw around comments about how stupid my strategy was, when I genuinely asked. You continually show you have no interest in logic, you just want to showboat and belittle others :-$ But hey, whatever makes you feel superior.

If you want to invite conversation, discussion or interaction, don't attempt to prove everyone else ignorant, and stupid. Invite them in and attempt a conversation. If you do have such superior knowledge to them. rather than pre-empting with an attempt to state why their opinion doesn't matter, try asking them questions to help them think through or just state your opinion. Attempting invalidation is pretty pointless. You're a good player with a lot of knowledge, use that instead, you don't need to try and put others down to make a point.
Last edited by Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Mageplunka69 wrote:Showing 1 - 20 of 9,084 thats what i contributed
I think we should arrange times to get us together
ill be on tomorrow with some ass up

I could possibly join if I can get clickies working again :?
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:17 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:
hopalong wrote:from my perspective, sitting naked on my sofa at home while eating spaghetti, you two really have hit off like! more, please.

I aim to please. ;)

iAmCaffeine wrote:I suppose I did make a very slight incorrect assumption when I said "all I see in this thread are people talking like they know about shit when they aint got a clue". Although, you also made an incorrect statement, so let's call that one a tie.

How is it a slight incorrect assumption? You dismissed my opinion as valid, entirely based on the fact that you thought I was not a speed freestyler, or at least insinuated thats why anyones comments didn't matter. Thats not a slight incorrect assumption, thats an entirely debased reason to invalidate my opinion. The very basis of your criticism of my knowledge was false.

I'm willing to accept when I'm wrong, you are willing to underplay yours to the point of almost seemingly approachable. Just like it took 4 or 5 messages for you to realize a game we played against each other was trench, while you threw around comments about how stupid my strategy was, when I genuinely asked. You continually show you have no interest in logic, you just want to showboat and belittle others :-$ But hey, whatever makes you feel superior.

If you want to invite conversation, discussion or interaction, don't attempt to prove everyone else ignorant, and stupid. Invite them in and attempt a conversation. If you do have such superior knowledge to them. rather than pre-empting with an attempt to state why their opinion doesn't matter, try asking them questions to help them think through or just state your opinion. Attempting invalidation is pretty pointless. You're a good player with a lot of knowledge, use that instead, you don't need to try and put others down to make a point.

My point was that I thought everyone commenting in the thread apart from Jdsizzle wasn't really a speed freestyle player. My comment wasn't quite accurate because you - and only you out of all the other posters - was kind of a speed freestyler. Was my entire comment incorrect? No, part of it was. Of all the things you could've made an argument from this probably wasn't the best choice. You do a great job of exaggerating things I'll give you that, quite stellar.

You did however do a very nice job of not responding to anything else I said. Not that I can blame you since I'd be rather embarrassed if I were you as well.

I didn't mistake the entire game as trench by the way, but when we discussed strategy I forgot it wasn't trench. You're also twisting how that conversation went but why you felt compelled to bring it up in the first place I'm not quite sure. It's not like it's some hidden secret that I can be a dickhead, you don't need to give people proof in this incredibly meaningful public argument my dude.

If you're willing to accept when you're wrong, why did you just ignore my comments stating you, in fact, wrong? Furthermore, I admitted to you via PM regarding the Galap game that I'd made a mistake and I was wrong. So really who is the one using false statements in their arguments? I don't believe it's me.

Have a nice evening playing your high calibre speed freestyle games which attained you that high score of 2909 you're so proud of.

I have to say, I find it funny that someone who complains about toxicity on this site plays League. Maybe we could have a lovely discussion about that too!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Imagine ignoring 90% of someone's post, editing it twice and still being wrong. Yikes!
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:30 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:I would love it to. I think the problem is that the speed freestyle community has generally been pretty toxic and good at what they do. Barrier to entry is high when the skill level (and internet speed) is a massive cap, not to mention the anger tends to fly. I miss the old freestyle days, but I lose connection to CC (only, not other places) too often to make it worthwhile for me anymore. I will say I think most of the toxic ones have left the site.

I would agree that a lot of the toxic people have left the site. But, in my opinion, it doesn't take that long to get freestyle experience. Even I use the site-given clickes, and have never used a script for clickies. It is entirely possible for someone to learn in a short amount of time. Don't sell yourself short!

iAmCaffeine wrote:(1) The speed freestyle community and people who play assdoodle are not one and the same. Any old idiot can play an assdoodle and win. Also it's generally regular speed players who are toxic, not just freestylers. All I see in this thread are people talking like they know about shit when they aint got a clue.
(2) For whoever the idiot was that suggested standard over assassin; you have a better chance of winning more games when it's assassin. Speed on cashes and kills and sweeping the board is way more important in a multiplayer speed freestyle standard game than it is in assassin.
(3) As Jdsizzle is literally the only person in this thread who has a clue about these games, I'm sure he can agree.

(1) - I have been on CC for 7 years, and I can confidently say that speed freestyle players were some of the most toxic people on the site. Most regular speed players were fine from my personal experience. Now there aren't that many speed players that exist today, so not many speed players are toxic anymore.
(2) - Generically, I agree with your idea in this statement. Assdoodles are a lot of the times luck based. Sometimes, there is some innate skill involved. You can't help when your opponent wins a 6v13 for the win, or gets dropped next to all of their opponents territories. Maybe even a combination of both sometimes. While standard escalating freestyle games are about sweeping the board, flat rate and nuclear are, however, much more about obtaining position and what your spoils actually are vs. just getting a set and cashing.
(3) - I would not say I am the only person, but I do understand the genre of gameplay style better than most.

Now swimmerdude99 & iAmCaffeine. Can you both admit that you made some incorrect assumptions in this whole chain of posts? No one is holding your opinion as fact. You two could have had very different experiences based on the games you played and who you played against. No need to bash each other over the head over a couple of assdoodles lol.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Your last paragraph only need be addressed to one person mate.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:44 pm

What an interesting thread to read lol.

So much uninformed stuff.

Although overlapping a lot i'd argue the 1v1 speed freestylers and the 6-7-8 man game speed freestylers where different communities. Again the shared a lot of the same members but they where very different modes.

I think the larger games had more of the toxicity. Tempers could get fairly hot in those games and stuff was happening so fast that mistake where plenty even from the best players. Sure a lot of the 1v1 guys where jerks but the larger games tended to bring have more problems.

As for Assdoodle vs standard. Assdoodle was the fun mode where standard was more try hard. Even then doodle earth games in general was fun mode. Classic was where the real games happened and where the most toxicity was.

The community is basically gone though and has been gone a long time. Go through old games from the good days and 80%-90% of the regulars are freemium now. (I am talking about a time that out dates JD)
Last edited by Caymanmew on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:(1) - I have been on CC for 7 years, and I can confidently say that speed freestyle players were some of the most toxic people on the site. Most regular speed players were fine from my personal experience. Now there aren't that many speed players that exist today, so not many speed players are toxic anymore.
(2) - Generically, I agree with your idea in this statement. Assdoodles are a lot of the times luck based. Sometimes, there is some innate skill involved. You can't help when your opponent wins a 6v13 for the win, or gets dropped next to all of their opponents territories. Maybe even a combination of both sometimes. While standard escalating freestyle games are about sweeping the board, flat rate and nuclear are, however, much more about obtaining position and what your spoils actually are vs. just getting a set and cashing.
(3) - I would not say I am the only person, but I do understand the genre of gameplay style better than most.

Now swimmerdude99 & iAmCaffeine. Can you both admit that you made some incorrect assumptions in this whole chain of posts? No one is holding your opinion as fact. You two could have had very different experiences based on the games you played and who you played against. No need to bash each other over the head over a couple of assdoodles lol.

Haha agreed! I definitely don't have the answers to everything, and could certainly be wrong about any of them. As a side note, give or take a mistaken count, it looks like I'm 17 wins to his 14 wins with games between jdsizzle and I that we didn't play together (in speed freestyle, excluding BRs) 8-) For some reason I thought you'd have won more, but I think you did best me the most in 1v1, while I had more group game wins (doodle and march clover map it appears I think).

Well played, caff, I did ignore most of your part just to get the juicy response O:) you and I definitely agreed on most stuff (except the bit where you just made random claims to try and spite me or say I had no clue). Hopefully next time we can have a better discussion than starting off by claiming one another to be imbeciles, cheerio lad *tips hat* *shakes hand*

caymanmew wrote:As for Assdoodle vs standard. Assdoodle was the fun mode where standard was more try hard. Even then doodle earth games in general was fun mode. Classic was where the real games happened and where the most toxicity was.

Tis a really good point, assdoodles I dont think I saw very many harsh words exchanged, mostly the standard games got the blood boiling the most. I definitely experienced a few lux or doodle standards where there were some hot attitudes. :lol: A wise man, we have amongst us.
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby groovysmurf on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:43 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:
caymanmew wrote:As for Assdoodle vs standard. Assdoodle was the fun mode where standard was more try hard. Even then doodle earth games in general was fun mode. Classic was where the real games happened and where the most toxicity was.

Tis a really good point, assdoodles I dont think I saw very many harsh words exchanged, mostly the standard games got the blood boiling the most. I definitely experienced a few lux or doodle standards where there were some hot attitudes. :lol: A wise man, we have amongst us.

hop: Time again perhaps to grab the spaghetti and remove the clothes! :-D :o
Colonel groovysmurf
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:59 pm

groovysmurf wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:

hop: Time again perhaps to grab the spaghetti and remove the clothes! :-D :o

Thread Locked...

jk
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges