Conquer Club

You know what really grinds my gears...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: You know what really grinds my gears...

Postby BoganGod on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:35 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:The new home page.

--Gomez

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 pm

.... when the sign at Zehrs says "diced rutabaga", but when I bring the bag home and read the fine print it says "diced squash."

I was so looking forward to the firm, wholesome texture of rutabaga, not the disgusting baby-food slimy mush of squash.

:cry:
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Dukasaur wrote:.... when the sign at Zehrs says "diced rutabaga", but when I bring the bag home and read the fine print it says "diced squash."

I was so looking forward to the firm, wholesome texture of rutabaga, not the disgusting baby-food slimy mush of squash.

:cry:

Can't tell if first world problem?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Lootifer on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Def 1st world problem.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby drose on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm

Politicians who don't serve the people.
Private drose

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 pm

Calling sweet potatoes rutabagas
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 pm

Calling turnips rutabagas.

Can't fool me, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.
Captain notyou2

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Rutabagas.

--Gomez
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 am

notyou2 wrote:Calling sweet potatoes rutabagas

Rutabagas are definitely not sweet potatoes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutabaga
The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip),[1] turnip, yellow turnip, or neep (Brassica napobrassica, or Brassica napus var. napobrassica, or Brassica napus subsp. rapifera) is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip; see Triangle of U. The roots are prepared for human food in a variety of ways, and the leaves can be eaten as a leaf vegetable. The roots and tops are also used as winter feed for livestock, when they may be fed directly, or by allowing the animals to forage the plants in the field.

notyou2 wrote:Calling turnips rutabagas.

Can't fool me, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Turnips is closer to the truth, but still not quite right.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby notyou2 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Being corrected by uppity upper Canadians
Captain notyou2

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Playing Path of Exile from Grinding Gears Games?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 am

Best game I've played for the longest amount of time per day within the least amount of days is:

Don't Starve.

It's awesome, but when you get setup, you're just finding busy work to do. Maxwell's 5-level adventure is pretty awesome though. Raining frogs are difficult.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby notyou2 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Who are you? What are you doing here?
Captain notyou2

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:25 am

Being forced to do projects (school and/or work) with people.

Seriously, how is it that the vast majority of people are basically illiterate? I'm reading over and adding to this joint paper that my group has to turn in, and it's like reading a 14 year old's unedited drafts. I basically have to rewrite every sentence. How does one even get admitted to college with this level of writing skills?

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:09 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Being forced to do projects (school and/or work) with people.

Seriously, how is it that the vast majority of people are basically illiterate? I'm reading over and adding to this joint paper that my group has to turn in, and it's like reading a 14 year old's unedited drafts. I basically have to rewrite every sentence. How does one even get admitted to college with this level of writing skills?

-TG

yo man... i got dope skillz
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby notyou2 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 am

-TG

Money.
Captain notyou2

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 am

-TG

That's why students in group should receive individual grades for a group project. The traditional way incentivizes slackers and rewards the less intelligent--for work they didn't do. Merit-based rewards FTW.

Also, I know that feel. The South might possess the world's wealthiest dumb people.

Note: you should report your complaint to the teacher. Perhaps, name names. If y'all get graded horribly, you might win a saving throw because you told the teacher what was happening ahead of time.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:17 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:

-TG

That's why students in group should receive individual grades for a group project. The traditional way incentivizes slackers and rewards the less intelligent--for work they didn't do. Merit-based rewards FTW.

Also, I know that feel. The South might possess the world's wealthiest dumb people.

Note: you should report your complaint to the teacher. Perhaps, name names. If y'all get graded horribly, you might win a saving throw because you told the teacher what was happening ahead of time.

I think the real solution here is some sort of Ukrainian style coup.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 am

I had a similar situation my freshman year of college, but their (my idiotic partners') best defense was that it was an engineering school so they couldn't write at all.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby notyou2 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:44 pm

A language of numbers needs to be invented. Hmmmm?????
Captain notyou2

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 am

-TG

Try being a magazine editor sometime. Then you'll see much much worse.
NOTE: I was going to say some of the things that would be worse. But the truth is, the list is almost endless.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I had a similar situation my freshman year of college, but their (my idiotic partners') best defense was that it was an engineering school so they couldn't write at all.

Tell em to F off.

Engineers who can't write are worthless as engineers.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Fucking BuzzFeed.

Jesus fucking christ, what a fucking pathetic piece of shit website. Nothing makes me hate people more than that venus flytrap.

They have the most inane, terribly-written articles (if you can even call them that) of all-time, all for the sake of pandering to the lower common denominator, getting clicks and making money. Huffington Post is doing the same exact thing now.

I fucking hate BuzzFeed. If I could punch one person in the face, it would be nietzsche. If I had a second person, it would be BuzzFeed.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:27 pm

how people (read: ESPN) are trying to force that women's basketball is at all interesting or something I should care about.

I shouldn't. I don't for the same reason why I barely care about men's college sports and don't give a god damned shit about high school sports, because only pro (men's) sports have the highest level of athletes and everything else is just poppycock. I'm sorry, I don't care if UConn's women's basketball is undefeated, that's "like being the smartest kid with down syndrome".

and yes, I know that's probably (severely) sexist or whatever, but I'd rather live in a world of hatred and dysfunction than one where I have to watch women's sports.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Army of GOD wrote:how people (read: ESPN) are trying to force that women's basketball is at all interesting or something I should care about.

I shouldn't. I don't for the same reason why I barely care about men's college sports and don't give a god damned shit about high school sports, because only pro (men's) sports have the highest level of athletes and everything else is just poppycock. I'm sorry, I don't care if UConn's women's basketball is undefeated, that's "like being the smartest kid with down syndrome".

and yes, I know that's probably (severely) sexist or whatever, but I'd rather live in a world of hatred and dysfunction than one where I have to watch women's sports.

Can't imagine anything that would make me interested in a game as inherently dull and repetitive as basketball. Well, maybe some well-shaped women might do the trick! Yeah, if I was to watch basketball at all, it would definitely be the women's version!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,