Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:47 pm

I've heard lots of good things about Bastion. I'll have to check it out whenever I have some time/money (hint: I don't have those).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby denominator on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:54 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Although it is still apparently "years away", I think the developers are moving in the right direction by creating ME4 as a game in the Mass Effect universe that has nothing to do with Shepherd. I am unsure how they are going to pull that off, given how integrated Shepherd is into the whole universe, but it's definitely a good play to move away from that storyline now.

I admire your word choice here if you picked the green light ;)

HERE BE SPOILERS

Really, anything post-Shepard would be difficult, considering the massive apocalypse the end of the game creates (and comparatively, this is nothing all things considered). Basically the world shouldn't exist, and even if it did it presents an even worse problem for Bioware: they have to pick an ending. That illusion of choice they just tried to restore? Completely destroyed. That, and they ought to know better: they did the same thing with KOTOR's protagonist in SWTOR.

END SPOILERS

I had heard tell of a potential ME MMO, which is intriguing. Again, I'd have to figure that'd be prequel material, probably set around the time humans join the galactic community.

The game has been out for over 2 years now, so if anyone is worried about spoilers they are late to the party.

I did choose those words specifically because Bioware has 3 choices for a Mass Effect 4 game:

1) A sequel to ME3, using the synergy option. Honestly, the way the ending of ME3 is set up, it leads you to believe the synergy option is the "best" one, regardless of your renegade/paragon score. Build on this as it means Shepherd is completely gone (but not really) and they build into the future.

2) A prequel to ME1. There is lots of backstory to build on in all the codex entries through all 3 games, but given how much has been developed in the 3 existing games, it would be difficult to create a compelling story without players knowing the ending.

3) A ride-along story. Run a game that runs at the same time as ME1, 2, 3 and that ends with the ending in ME3. Let the new player somehow have influence in the decision, then build an ME5 and beyond based on that decision.

Regardless, I enjoy the universe and rules and gameplay they've created so I'll be playing ME4 whatever the story.
Major denominator

Postby DaGip on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:30 pm

denominator wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
Although it is still apparently "years away", I think the developers are moving in the right direction by creating ME4 as a game in the Mass Effect universe that has nothing to do with Shepherd. I am unsure how they are going to pull that off, given how integrated Shepherd is into the whole universe, but it's definitely a good play to move away from that storyline now.

I admire your word choice here if you picked the green light ;)

HERE BE SPOILERS

Really, anything post-Shepard would be difficult, considering the massive apocalypse the end of the game creates (and comparatively, this is nothing all things considered). Basically the world shouldn't exist, and even if it did it presents an even worse problem for Bioware: they have to pick an ending. That illusion of choice they just tried to restore? Completely destroyed. That, and they ought to know better: they did the same thing with KOTOR's protagonist in SWTOR.

END SPOILERS

I had heard tell of a potential ME MMO, which is intriguing. Again, I'd have to figure that'd be prequel material, probably set around the time humans join the galactic community.

The game has been out for over 2 years now, so if anyone is worried about spoilers they are late to the party.

I did choose those words specifically because Bioware has 3 choices for a Mass Effect 4 game:

1) A sequel to ME3, using the synergy option. Honestly, the way the ending of ME3 is set up, it leads you to believe the synergy option is the "best" one, regardless of your renegade/paragon score. Build on this as it means Shepherd is completely gone (but not really) and they build into the future.

2) A prequel to ME1. There is lots of backstory to build on in all the codex entries through all 3 games, but given how much has been developed in the 3 existing games, it would be difficult to create a compelling story without players knowing the ending.

3) A ride-along story. Run a game that runs at the same time as ME1, 2, 3 and that ends with the ending in ME3. Let the new player somehow have influence in the decision, then build an ME5 and beyond based on that decision.

Regardless, I enjoy the universe and rules and gameplay they've created so I'll be playing ME4 whatever the story.

What I would like to see is Shepard being reborn from Liara as either a Prothean, Krogan, Asari, Human, Salarian, Turian, Elthor, Volus, Drell, Vorcha, or Batarian. In addition to having the option of choosing between female or male.

I would really like a choice between alien races and abilities in the next ME...if it ever comes to light.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Apparently ME4 is going to be #3 of that list.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby rishaed on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Hey so I found a decent video game reviewer :) goes by Errant Signal. 3/4 way up 1/4 disputing but hes usually good as a youtube reviewer.... That being said. Borderlands 2 Ultimate Mode
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby pancakemix on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:39 am

rishaed wrote:Hey so I found a decent video game reviewer :) goes by Errant Signal. 3/4 way up 1/4 disputing but hes usually good as a youtube reviewer.... That being said. Borderlands 2 Ultimate Mode

Good reviewers can be hard to come by. I may check him out. Personally, I like Yahtzee the best because he shares my cynicism about gaming as a whole.

Witcher 2 is $6 on XBL, so I grabbed it. I'm unipmressed so far, but I'm not too far in. I'll keep at it.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:04 pm

I've been playing EU4 for quite a while now. According to Steam, it is one of my top played games, surpassing Skyrim and Civ 5.

They are coming out with a new pretty hefty DLC that I am likely to pick-up... "The Art of War":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSm7ceeyOts

Summary of the video:
  • It adds tons of more new nations and provinces to the entire world map essentially making it bigger
  • more new random events and flavor
  • a system where the Thirty Years War is essentially an event that drags Protestant League and the Catholic League into war in Europe, sucking in most countries
  • Napoleonic Era, where you fight for or against the revolution
  • adds Client States (instead of just having Vassals or Protectorates), which allow you to create custom countries out of your subject provinces
  • additional war demands like reparations or the selling of fleets
  • better issuing of strategy and tactics "suggestions" or "commands" to allies and vassals during war...so you can tell them to focus on a particular front, or siege certain provinces, or be supportive, etc
  • and a number of improvements and upgrades to UI and other commands it sounds like.

This is a game I'll keep playing and playing probably.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Found a great armor mod for Skyrim. Not exactly lore friendly, but very cool nonetheless. Especially if you're a fan of Lord of the Rings.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Picked 'Lifeless Planet'. Have played it for about an hour and half so far, mostly in little bursts. Here are some random screenshots.

show

--Andy

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Witcher 2 made me want to vomit, so I deleted it. Darksiders 2 was free though, so I grabbed it. It's kinda the bastard child of God of War, Zelda, Prince of Persia, and a lot of other stuff, but it's still fun. Also, the title makes no sense.
Epic Win

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:56 pm

pancakemix wrote:Witcher 2 made me want to vomit, so I deleted it. Darksiders 2 was free though, so I grabbed it. It's kinda the bastard child of God of War, Zelda, Prince of Persia, and a lot of other stuff, but it's still fun. Also, the title makes no sense.

You're dead to me.

I'm stuck with League of Legends. Occasionally I'll play World of Tanks or (War Thunder? Thunder War?) or just FF tactics or VII. I'm becoming a cheapskate.

I really want to get a PS 4 so I can play The Last of Us, or some of the other games that are coming out soon. Lords of the Fallen looks sick as shit, I'd literally have a nerdgasm if I can get my hands on that game.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Lootifer on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Project Zomboid was worth the 15 bucks I spent on it, and its still in early release...

Def worth watching.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Witcher 2 made me want to vomit, so I deleted it. Darksiders 2 was free though, so I grabbed it. It's kinda the bastard child of God of War, Zelda, Prince of Persia, and a lot of other stuff, but it's still fun. Also, the title makes no sense.

You're dead to me.

I'm stuck with League of Legends. Occasionally I'll play World of Tanks or (War Thunder? Thunder War?) or just FF tactics or VII. I'm becoming a cheapskate.

I really want to get a PS 4 so I can play The Last of Us, or some of the other games that are coming out soon. Lords of the Fallen looks sick as shit, I'd literally have a nerdgasm if I can get my hands on that game.

Never played Witcher 2 myself, but I did watch Toegoff do a let's play of it when it came out. Looked alright, but really punishes you if you just charge into a battle and swing your sword about.

Still doing modded Skyrim. So many mods, so little time. Though the ones that require SkyUI and skse I can't do, as I can't for the life of me figure out how to get SKSE working (SKYUI requires it). But otherwise, I've added tons of weapon and armor mods, several follower mods, mods that make the characters (including yours) look much better, and a mod that is an alternate start, as several mods can crash the game during the attack on Helgan. With the alternate start mod, I skip to the part where you just exited the cave under Helgan and you have the Imperial guy there with you. Though it does have a bit of a bug if you ever go back to Helgan.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

You're dead to me.

There were some fun sequences, I'll admit, but it seemed to want to rely on its story, which... was unwise.
Epic Win

Postby TheProwler on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Still doing modded Skyrim. So many mods, so little time.

I have put over 300 hours into Skyrim. I had to stop looking at the mods so I could stop playing the game a bit and start playing some others in my ever-expanding Steam account.

I finished Max Payne 3 a few days ago. I enjoyed it a lot.

Two games I look forward to playing: Elder Scrolls 6, Max Payne 3.

Expected time invested in each: 350 hours, 15 hours.
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 am

I have zero money for games right now. I started playing Farmerama and risingcities. They are "slow build", not fast action games, but they are free. Risingcities, has particularly grown on me because I can leave it for days or weeks and come back to it without "losing" anything. Farmerama requires some "attention", at least if you have neighbors (else just put all your animals into "storage" and then, whenever you return, dig up the weeds that will sprout. (they do offer vacation.. initially you have to basically pay, but later you get to earn 2 month long periods)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:55 am

pancakemix wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

You're dead to me.

There were some fun sequences, I'll admit, but it seemed to want to rely on its story, which... was unwise.

I liked the story. It was immersive for me and made me get the 1st witcher, despite how buggy of a mess that was, just so I can fully grasp of what was going on.
Just me though, some folks can't get into certain RPG's.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:48 am

Looked at Divinity:Original Sin..... Really want to get it. Its just so darn expensive for a college student right now. Waiting for steam sale.
That being said. ROBOCRAFT.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Just looked at the Creation Kit for Skyrim (used to create mods), and damn. Talk about overwhelming. And to think there are mods out there that add entirely new areas, characters (some even fully voice acted), armor, and weapons.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby TheProwler on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Just looked at the Creation Kit for Skyrim (used to create mods), and damn. Talk about overwhelming. And to think there are mods out there that add entirely new areas, characters (some even fully voice acted), armor, and weapons.

Quest mods are my favourite. Falskaar and Wyrmstooth are two new land/quest mods that I'd recommend.
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Any Civ fans hop into Beyond Earth yet? It looks like something I'll buy eventually, but maybe not until the holiday season on a sale, or maybe not until after on a discount with some of the eventual DLC.

--Andy

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:56 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Any Civ fans hop into Beyond Earth yet? It looks like something I'll buy eventually, but maybe not until the holiday season on a sale, or maybe not until after on a discount with some of the eventual DLC.

--Andy

I'll definitely look into it, but haven't the budget right now. What I've seen is pretty sweet, though.

That said, I did pick up Smash for 3DS. Anyone down to duke it out, PM me your friend code.
Epic Win

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:14 pm

I recently purchased "This War of Mine"

Played it for a couple of hours, and I like it. The Internet has called it "Depression Simulator 2014." I'll probably recommend it.

--Andy

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 pm

Realm of the mad god
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:55 am

Rented Dragon Age Inquisition. The prologue is a little slow, but when you get past that, it does start picking up the pace.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,