Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby Gillipig on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:14 pm

natty dread wrote:
macbone wrote:Link's Awakening was actually the first Zelda game I played. It's great. And Natty, I definitely recommend Majora's Mask. It's less the poor man's Zelda and more the red-headed step child. It's a rewarding game.

If Ocarina of Time was a perfect 100, I'd give Majora's Mask a 95.

I've tried... I just find it hard to get into it for some reason. Maybe I'll try it again one of these days.

I keep wishing Nintendo would make the ultimate Zelda game:
- the story of A Link to the Past
- the gameplay mechanics of Ocarina of time
- the visual style of Wind Waker

Now that would be awesome.

I never liked Link, the gameplay is so darn tedious, collecting coins and shit spread out over a big ass map. I do like games like KOTOR but it's only because you can impact your character's story through your action, Link is too one dimensional for me.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Would like to try a MMORPG again. Last few I checked out were totally fucking awful, and I'm so sick of trying to read online reviews and getting bombarded with commercials, so maybe someone has some recommendations.

My requirements:
  • No monstrously-huge graphics files that are going to overwhelm my poor little Pentium III. Preferably simple low-res graphics.
  • Preferably no Java RTE, although I suppose it's hard to find any game nowadays that doesn't require that.
  • An alignment system or moral code that actually has real consequences and isn't just for background colour.
  • No requirement to be online 24/7 or join a clan to defend your shit while you sleep. Preferably some reasonable system of safe areas or Inns where one can park for a day or even a week.
  • The ability to design new spells or at least choose different schools and not just follow a pre-ordained progression.
  • No ceaseless combat. Preferably the ability to progress with interesting and non-repetitive missions, at least some of which are more about investigation or wisdom than just killing things.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:50 pm

Still ME3 MP. Getting pretty good at silver, especially with the Vorcha Soldier (flamethrower melts EVERYTHING).
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby TheProwler on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:52 am

Dukasaur wrote:Would like to try a MMORPG again. Last few I checked out were totally fucking awful, and I'm so sick of trying to read online reviews and getting bombarded with commercials, so maybe someone has some recommendations.

My requirements:
  • No monstrously-huge graphics files that are going to overwhelm my poor little Pentium III. Preferably simple low-res graphics.
  • Preferably no Java RTE, although I suppose it's hard to find any game nowadays that doesn't require that.
  • An alignment system or moral code that actually has real consequences and isn't just for background colour.
  • No requirement to be online 24/7 or join a clan to defend your shit while you sleep. Preferably some reasonable system of safe areas or Inns where one can park for a day or even a week.
  • The ability to design new spells or at least choose different schools and not just follow a pre-ordained progression.
  • No ceaseless combat. Preferably the ability to progress with interesting and non-repetitive missions, at least some of which are more about investigation or wisdom than just killing things.

Just my opinion, but I would just play a single-player game with a bunch of NPCs. If you crave human interaction, join a card club.
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby TheProwler on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:54 am

I have some Steam keys to gift away.

Anyone interested in any of these?

Daikatana

Hitman: Absolution

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Nosgoth Veteran Pack

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

The Last Remnant
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:12 pm

TheProwler wrote:I have some Steam keys to gift away.

Anyone interested in any of these?

Daikatana

Hitman: Absolution

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Nosgoth Veteran Pack

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

The Last Remnant

Then gift me bitch! Was that polite enough?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby TheProwler on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Gillipig wrote:Then gift me bitch! Was that polite enough?

Just let me know what you want...
General TheProwler

Postby DaGip on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Playing Bioshock Infinite. I get a chubby every time I see Elizabeth!

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Gillipig on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:51 am

TheProwler wrote:

I've changed my mind, I don't want them anymore. Give me something else! Now!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:54 am

Gillipig wrote:
TheProwler wrote:

I've changed my mind, I don't want them anymore. Give me something else! Now!!

I'll bet that's how you ask your wife for fellatio.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:04 pm

I'm going old school with the first Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Fun times!

I'm also considering starting up a new game of Baldur's Gate 2. Been a while since I've played that one...
Major tkr4lf

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:23 pm

DaGip wrote:Playing Bioshock Infinite. I get a chubby every time I see Elizabeth!

I bet you've got Bioshock gifs of her, don't you?

C'mon, DaGip, fess up...
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BoganGod on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 am

Still playing
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 am

Tinkering with various mods for Skyrim. Really liking the Better Females, Multiple Companions, and Japanese weaponry mods so far.

Yes, I know there are adult mods, but gameplay first.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby Gillipig on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:57 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:Tinkering with various mods for Skyrim. Really liking the Better Females, Multiple Companions, and Japanese weaponry mods so far.

Only a fool would say this doesn't add to the gameplay.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Gillipig wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Tinkering with various mods for Skyrim. Really liking the Better Females, Multiple Companions, and Japanese weaponry mods so far.

Only a fool would say this doesn't add to the gameplay.

I think it would make it difficult to concentrate properly.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:40 pm

I've been playing Bastion (came out a few years ago) off and on for about a week or so, and I'm liking it. It is a nice little diversion from time to time.

I also booted up Europa Universalis 4 again, and I've got a Scandinavian Empire in the making. My empire consists of the following geographic areas: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, the Baltic states, Parts of western Russia, and northern Ukraine, all of Poland, the northern coast of Germany, Iceland, Greenland, and the the east coast of the USA, stretching from Massachusetts to the Carolinas and stretching inwards to like Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee. Nice.

I'm pretty much just in a waiting pattern until Wasteland 2 comes out later this month, since I kickstarted that project. I also played the last episode of Walking Dead season 2 recently.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:48 pm

I finally got a good gaming computer, so I've been playing Skyrim and Crusader Kings 2 for the last few days. I was playing EU3 on my laptop, will now be playing EU4 soon. Will also be playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas, loaded up with mods of course, soon.

Once I beat Skyrim (and the DLC's), I'll be modding that one up too.

Haha, I love this new computer!

Oh yes, in my CK2 game, I've been playing as the Petty King (basically a Duke) of Munster. I finally conquered enough of the island to proclaim the Kingdom of Ireland, then proceeded to conquer the rest of it. Now that the entire realm is under my control, I think I will be working on incorporating the Welsh duchies into my kingdom, and then proclaim myself the King of Wales as well. Then I will work on conquering Scotland, and then I should be powerful enough to take on England. Then I can proclaim myself the Emperor of Britannia. Then I'll likely quit because I will be bored and my kingdom will be so large that it becomes unwieldy. Or maybe I'll work on acquiring France, or perhaps go on some crusades and establish the Kingdom of Jerusalem. The possibilities are endless!
Major tkr4lf

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:43 am

Plants vs Zombies with the kids:)
Major Lord Arioch

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:00 pm

I got a free Steam Key for a game I have no interest in. If you want it, let me know. Here is the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/91200/

--Andy

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Didn't realize it at the time, but I guess one of mods I got had a little extra in it. In every major hold of Skyrim, there is a robed figure with a skull mask that goes by "reaper". They're essential (meaning they don't die), they attack you once you sheathe your weapons, and all they do is hang out in their little area. No clue what their deal is.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Would like to try a MMORPG again. Last few I checked out were totally fucking awful, and I'm so sick of trying to read online reviews and getting bombarded with commercials, so maybe someone has some recommendations.

My requirements:
  1. No monstrously-huge graphics files that are going to overwhelm my poor little Pentium III. Preferably simple low-res graphics.
  2. Preferably no Java RTE, although I suppose it's hard to find any game nowadays that doesn't require that.
  3. An alignment system or moral code that actually has real consequences and isn't just for background colour.
  4. No requirement to be online 24/7 or join a clan to defend your shit while you sleep. Preferably some reasonable system of safe areas or Inns where one can park for a day or even a week.
  5. The ability to design new spells or at least choose different schools and not just follow a pre-ordained progression.
  6. No ceaseless combat. Preferably the ability to progress with interesting and non-repetitive missions, at least some of which are more about investigation or wisdom than just killing things.

Magic the Gathering: Online meets points 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Gillipig on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I got a free Steam Key for a game I have no interest in. If you want it, let me know. Here is the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/91200/

--Andy

It's probably because they recognize a game addict when they see one, I haven't recieved any free games from steam and take that as a good sign. :)
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:00 am

Gillipig wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I got a free Steam Key for a game I have no interest in. If you want it, let me know. Here is the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/91200/

--Andy

It's probably because they recognize a game addict when they see one, I haven't recieved any free games from steam and take that as a good sign. :)

I didn't get it from a Steam. It came with a purchase from a game-deal website though. I wish I had enough time be a game addict. I only get to play on the weekends now usually.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:38 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

--Andy

I didn't get it from a Steam. It came with a purchase from a game-deal website though. I wish I had enough time be a game addict. I only get to play on the weekends now usually.

--Andy

Oh that's right, you only buy the games, but then you don't play them, just stack them in a pile of virtual entertainment that you've payed for but never get around to enjoying. Wouldn't it be better to just not buy new games if you don't have the time to play them?
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,