Conquer Club

AoG's (and whoever) Official Movie Review Thread™

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: AoG's (and whoever) Official Movie Review Thread™

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:23 am

Watching any show or movie with dubs is an abortion. Subtitles or bust.
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby nietzsche on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Watching any show or movie with dubs is an abortion. Subtitles or bust.

Not yours.

And to be honest, even with subtitles I think a lot will be lost. Perhaps not in any movie in Spanish, but with that one, I think it will.

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Is this movie as bad as the White Ribbon?
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby nietzsche on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Is this movie as bad as the White Ribbon?

The White Ribbon is not bad.

But El Secreto de sus Ojos is much better.

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Of the Tarantino films, True Romance is easily my favorite. And this is the main reason I think Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) is one of the best actors out there; since he oft plays parts you would never even know it was him.

James Gandolfini played a much more sadistic character. There are way too many great actors and actresses in this movie to name them all.

Lieutenant Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:01 am

Godzilla (2014) Review

I rented, and yes, I'm a cheap bastard. Anyways, onto the review.

This movie starts out in a drama movie fashion (drama isn't really my thing, so I kind of blanked out for those parts) with the wife of what we assume is the protagonist, getting trapped and killed by a nuclear fallout in Japan. Fast forward years or so, the guy is regarded as an old loon by most. He believes there is more to what caused the nuclear disaster than an earthquake and has been gathering evidence of it. His son, who is in the military and an explosives expert, goes to Japan to bust his father out of jail. They talk for awhile, and their discussion leads to them going to the radioactive area to get some personal belongings from their old home. While there, the Japanese government picks them up (after finding out the air is actually quite safe), and are brought to a government facility where the government is examining a gigantic egg thing. From there, is where things get going. We have 2 large insect monsters (MUTOs are they are called, which is a nice reference to the original movies) terrorizing Japan and later San Francisco, and than we get our first good look at the King of Monsters, Godzilla himself, and holy crap he looks awesome! And freaking gigantic!

I will say this, when people complain that Godzilla isn't in the movie enough, I have to agree. The drama stuff is okay, but most people came to see the legendary giant lizard duke it out with other monsters. Anything else should have been secondary.

Back on topic, when we do see Godzilla, he begins duking it out with the other monsters. And let me say, it's SO much better than a guy in a rubber suit. The effects and design are simply amazing! I won't spoil anything else, but man! When the movie actually gets to Godzilla, then it becomes amazing! Before that, it's not terrible, but it takes too long to get to Godzilla. Also, a cameo of sorts, with a little Japanese kid in a hat and redcoat. Not annoying like the "original" was at least, but it was a cameo.

All in all, an 8/10. The fight scenes were amazing, the designs, and the special effects were great! It gets 2 taken off because lack of Godzilla early on, but otherwise, if you like Godzilla movies, check it out! And yes, it is SO much better than the 1998 version that went by the same name but failed to live up to it.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five