Conquer Club

Israeli Ship Blocked from Unloading Cargo for Third Day

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:At the very least, he compares Palestinians to Nazis. Either way, Dukasaur has been acting very hateful in this thread and has yet to apologize for his behavior. This is very unbecoming of a representative of CC.


The problem is that the two people most vocal about this are, respectively, (1) someone who has already been banned and (2) someone who compares the Israelis to Nazis.


If I'm #2 in this fantasy, in point of correction, I was comparing you to a Nazi, not "the Israelis."

Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:At the very least, he compares Palestinians to Nazis. Either way, Dukasaur has been acting very hateful in this thread and has yet to apologize for his behavior. This is very unbecoming of a representative of CC.

I don't believe I've directly compared "Palestinians" to Nazis. But if I did, why not?


User avatar
Lieutenant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:42 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:At the very least, he compares Palestinians to Nazis. Either way, Dukasaur has been acting very hateful in this thread and has yet to apologize for his behavior. This is very unbecoming of a representative of CC.


The problem is that the two people most vocal about this are, respectively, (1) someone who has already been banned and (2) someone who compares the Israelis to Nazis.


If I'm #2 in this fantasy, in point of correction, I was comparing you to a Nazi, not "the Israelis."


Nah, you've intimated on multiple occasions that what is occurring is akin to the Holocaust.

saxitoxin wrote:Right. You reject that a planned, calculated extermination is occurring, chalking this all up to overenthusiastic or careless junior officers; isolated incidents. This is the exact definition of a Holocaust Denier.


saxitoxin wrote:As the numbers show, Palestinians are avoiding hitting civilians, Israelis are just hitting everything that moves, which squares with the previously cited Channel4 documentary on the 2008 war that showed Israel's #1 objective was to organize a holocaust - which you refused to intelligently address, limiting your reply to invectives, screaming, and howls of "Anti-Semitism!"


saxitoxin wrote:Dov Lior Issues Halakah (equivalent of Fatwah) Calling for Extermination of all non-Jews in Gaza
...
He called Baruch Goldstein (Israeli gunman who massacred 29 Palestinians in a mass shooting) as "holier than the martyrs of the Holocaust."


saxitoxin wrote:What minimal diplomatic cover Fatah has been able to provide the Palestinian people would be gone if Hamas held the Palestinian presidency. Israel would have a free hand to unleash a holocaust on the Palestinians of a kind the world has not seen since Rwanda.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 5273
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:46 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:At the very least, he compares Palestinians to Nazis. Either way, Dukasaur has been acting very hateful in this thread and has yet to apologize for his behavior. This is very unbecoming of a representative of CC.


The problem is that the two people most vocal about this are, respectively, (1) someone who has already been banned and (2) someone who compares the Israelis to Nazis.


If I'm #2 in this fantasy, in point of correction, I was comparing you to a Nazi, not "the Israelis."


Nah, you've intimated on multiple occasions that what is occurring is akin to the Holocaust.

saxitoxin wrote:What minimal diplomatic cover Fatah has been able to provide the Palestinian people would be gone if Hamas held the Palestinian presidency. Israel would have a free hand to unleash a holocaust on the Palestinians of a kind the world has not seen since Rwanda.


I didn't know the Nazis (who, according to Dukasaur, were actually Palestinian 4th graders in disguise) were behind Rwanda. You definitely showed me!

You, Dukasaur, and universalchiro have formed quite an impenetrable Brain Trust. I might as well surrender now.
User avatar
Lieutenant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:48 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I might as well surrender now.


Please do. It's been a while since we've had rational discussion about this conversation, and if you stop posting, maybe Dukasaur will too.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 5273
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:At the very least, he compares Palestinians to Nazis. Either way, Dukasaur has been acting very hateful in this thread and has yet to apologize for his behavior. This is very unbecoming of a representative of CC.

I don't believe I've directly compared "Palestinians" to Nazis. But if I did, why not? Both advocate the killing of Jews. The comparison is pretty obvious to most people.


Here's you comparing Palestinians to Nazis.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=206788&start=750#p4534113


"But if I did, why not"? Of course, you don't care if you make ignorant, pejorative statements about an entire group of people. Do you find the argument that "most people agree that [black people] advocate [evil policy A]" is a reasonable argument? Do you appeal to an alleged majority opinion because (a) you have reasoned that they are correct, or (b) because their views already conform with yours?


Suppose you're in the 1960s, and you meet someone who says, "black people are violent and racist because the Black Panthers hate white people." Would you say, (A) I agree, or would you ask, (B) do the Black Panthers represent the views of all black people?

According to your past behavior, analogously you would pick (A). How does it feel to support bigoted views?
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:36 pm

I am not comparing anyone. I am posting two completely unrelated pictures.

Image

translation:
ONE NATION! ONE STATE! ONE LEADER!

The recovery movement informs us that a victim of abuse will reenact the role of the abuser when he has the hammer.

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/08/nation-fr ... otest.html


Image

translation:
ONE PEOPLE! ONE STATE! ONE LEADER!
User avatar
Lieutenant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:46 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:At the very least, he compares Palestinians to Nazis. Either way, Dukasaur has been acting very hateful in this thread and has yet to apologize for his behavior. This is very unbecoming of a representative of CC.

I don't believe I've directly compared "Palestinians" to Nazis. But if I did, why not? Both advocate the killing of Jews. The comparison is pretty obvious to most people.


Here's you comparing Palestinians to Nazis.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=206788&start=750#p4534113

That's purely your misinterpretation:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Those are easy questions to answer. The Arabs have kept this war going for 65 years. They should have accepted their loss in 1948 in the spirit of fair play. They were offered half of Palestine, they refused the offer and demanded double or nothing, they rolled the dice and lost. After that they should have either settled down and become loyal citizens, or packed up their shit and moved on with their lives elsewhere. That war would be a distant memory by now. Instead of either of those options, they chose to move just across the border, turn their entire population into a paramilitary organisation, and plot revenge. That, and nothing else, has turned what should have been a long-forgotten war into a war that continues year after year with no end in sight.

The Arabs have refused to credibly commit to a peace treaty. That isn't to say that there aren't some Arabs who don't want peace. I'm sure many do. But the man on the street is not significant in the equation, and any Arab who starts talking peace with Israel, is gunned down. King Abdullah I of Jordan talked peace with Israel, and he was gunned down. Anwar Sadat talked peace with Israel, and he was gunned down. Pretty much any Arab leader who has ever talked peace is dead.

Also, notice how you framed it into a "fight for survival" while neglecting to mention how this fight started. This is just like the "what would you do if Hamas rockets had a <0.01% chance of landing were landing in your backyard??" question. It misses the point.

I'm very cognizant of how the war started. And it doesn't miss the point, not for most people. Most people have never lived in a warzone. It takes graphic imagery to make them understand what is at stake.

However, here's perhaps a better example: What if there was a colony of diehard Germans still camped out at Verdun, who refused to accept that they lost, and every now and again would start shelling some French villages and scream "we will make France run with blood!" How do you think that would be received?

BigBallinStalin wrote:Do you really understand the history of Israel?

Yes, thank you.


Apparently, your "one or two crimes claim" and "no systematic errors committed" claims are wrong. Thanks for honestly admitting that you were wrong about them. It takes an intellectually honest person to do so.

Comparing Palestinians to Nazi Germans is intellectually bankrupt (see underlined). Your prejudice is showing.

I said nothing about Nazis. I said "Verdun." World War I, not World War II. Please tell me you're not so historically illiterate that you've moved one of the greatest battles of WWI into the wrong war!
[-o<

So, that's why you thought I was comparing the Arabs to Nazis? Because of that example? <sigh>

You obviously missed the whole point of it. The example was about the futility of destroying people's lives to refight a long-lost war. If Germans fill you with an emotional response, here's a German-free example of the same thing:
What if there was still a group of United Empire Loyalists camped out near Boston, refusing to accept the legitimacy of the new colonial government. Hypothetically let's say they didn't go to Canada with the other Loyalists, they still scream that the American Revolution was illegal (true, under the constituted government of the time) and that they will retake their land from the upstarts. Every now and then, just to make their point, they throw some grenades at an American village.

And sure, after a while people would develop sympathy for them, and a whole movement would start to "liberate" the poor suffering Loyalists, who would continue to refuse to go to Canada, continue demanding that the U.S.A. be dismantled and all the land returned to legitimate British rule, and continue to occasionally kill some Americans to keep the issue alive in the public mind.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Army would regularly go into their encampments to try to destroy their warmaking ability, but in the process (since in these guerrilla situations the military live full-time amongst civilians) there would be more civilians killed, and despite its best efforts to be humane and civilized the U.S. would be increasingly painted as barbaric baby killers.

Is that analogy clearer for you, with no German interlopers to confuse you? That is the situation Israel is in. The only sane solution is for the Arabs to stop hanging around re-fighting the long-lost war of 1948, and GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES.


BigBallinStalin wrote:"But if I did, why not"? Of course, you don't care if you make ignorant, pejorative statements about an entire group of people. Do you find the argument that "most people agree that [black people] advocate [evil policy A]" is a reasonable argument? Do you appeal to an alleged majority opinion because (a) you have reasoned that they are correct, or (b) because their views already conform with yours?

Suppose you're in the 1960s, and you meet someone who says, "black people are violent and racist because the Black Panthers hate white people." Would you say, (A) I agree, or would you ask, (B) do the Black Panthers represent the views of all black people?

According to your past behavior, analogously you would pick (A). How does it feel to support bigoted views?

Bad analogy. "Black people" is clearly about people in general. When I talk about "the Arabs", I'm not talking about the man on the street in Basra. I'm talking their leadership, and specifically about:
  • The PLO (including all its subvariants, Faetah and Hamas and Hezbollah)
  • The poor saps who carry out their murderous orders
  • The Arab League honchos who control them, and especially
  • Gamel Nasser, the United Arab Republic, and the KGB brain trust that brought it into being.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
User avatar
Colonel Dukasaur
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 13530
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 162
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (44)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:58 pm

The PLO (including all its subvariants, Faetah and Hamas and Hezbollah)


Please tell me you're not so historically illiterate that you've moved the Lebanese political party Hezbollah into the Palestinian Liberation Organization!

If you don't know the difference between Lebanon and Palestine (or Egypt and Yemen, or Belgium and Italy) you probably should limit your participation in this topic.

(Also, there are 10 member groups of the PLO and Hamas is not one of them; it tried to join a decade ago and was blocked by the other members due to its Islamist views.)
User avatar
Lieutenant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Ah, Dukasaur, thanks for being snarky about Verdun, Germans, and French. Should I call you historically ignorant for not clearly differentiating between the Battle of Verdun (WW1) and the Battle of Verdun (1792)? More importantly, does your clarification change the nature of your stance?

    No. Comparing Palestinians to [an aggressive group of people which started a terrible war] doesn't improve your stance. You're still being a bigot, and your continued refusal to deal with your erroneous claims about an allegedly Righteous Israel is telling (e.g. "Israel isn't systematically committing crimes, it only did one or two!").

    Duksaur wrote:I don't believe I've directly compared "Palestinians" to Nazis. But if I did, why not? Both advocate the killing of Jews.

    Whoa! Look at that! Your rebuttal overlooks the point that you yourself have said that you don't care if you compared Palestinians to Nazis; therefore, all of my previous, relevant criticism still applies to you and your obvious bigotry.

This Verdun argument has already been addressed. If we took your stance seriously and consistently, then we can justify nearly any aggressive war. It's a shit argument, which you've obviously refused to correct (because you're a bigot?).

    Here's some problems right off the bat: (1) Where's the consent--with the treaties between nations/between the UN and ultimately among the people under each state? (2) Don't forget to mention that Israel ignores conditions in treaties it signs. When this happens, the contract becomes null and void (so the whole 'the war ended cuz treaty X' claim falls apart). With no political recourse to address this, and with no power willing to require Israel to obey to a treaty, then defending one's land via violence to prevent further confiscations is usually unavoidable and at best understandable.

    Your solution is "shut up and accept past, current, and further losses; you must agree to subjugation." Let's apply that to any resistance movement and see if it sticks--e.g. civil rights resistance ("there was a treaty! There were laws!!!! Shut up, black people, and accept it!"), colonization ("there was a treaty!!! You African people lost! Shut up and be enslaved!"), etc. For the twentieth time, it's a dumb argument, Duk, but should I expect a bigot like you to understand that?


Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:"But if I did, why not"? Of course, you don't care if you make ignorant, pejorative statements about an entire group of people. Do you find the argument that "most people agree that [black people] advocate [evil policy A]" is a reasonable argument? Do you appeal to an alleged majority opinion because (a) you have reasoned that they are correct, or (b) because their views already conform with yours?

Suppose you're in the 1960s, and you meet someone who says, "black people are violent and racist because the Black Panthers hate white people." Would you say, (A) I agree, or would you ask, (B) do the Black Panthers represent the views of all black people?

According to your past behavior, analogously you would pick (A). How does it feel to support bigoted views?

Bad analogy. "Black people" is clearly about people in general. When I talk about "the Arabs", I'm not talking about the man on the street in Basra. I'm talking their leadership, and specifically about:
  • The PLO (including all its subvariants, Faetah and Hamas and Hezbollah)
  • The poor saps who carry out their murderous orders
  • The Arab League honchos who control them, and especially
  • Gamel Nasser, the United Arab Republic, and the KGB brain trust that brought it into being.


Hahaha, so when people say "black people" or--if you wish to nitpick--"blacks" then they're referring to "black people." But when you say "the Arabs" (blacks/black people), you're definitely talking about Arabic leaders of groups you don't like [Black Panthers]--and not "the Arabs" [black people]. Did you catch the problem with your own argument?

    Let's apply your own logic, and see what happens:
    "the Arabs are violent and racist because Nasser was in cahoots with the Commies, and Arab terrorist organizations exist."
    Is that the belief of a reasonable person or a bigot?

    How about this one:
    "the Arabs advocate the killing of Jews."
    Does that sound bigoted? Oh, of course not because you meant "big bad dictators and terrorists who happen to be Arab advocate the killing of Jews."

    Here's another:
    The "Palestinians" are anti-Semites. "Blacks" are inherently violent.
    Note: using scare quotes doesn't absolve you of your bigotry. Sorry, bro.

Most reasonable people don't assume that when one says, "the Arabs," they must be referring to "Arab dictators and terrorist organizations." Only bigots would assume that.

Why do you hold a discrepancy between the use of conceptually similar words? Did you know that when people say "the Arabs," they simply mean "the Arabs"; otherwise, they'd mention what they're actually talking about?

Your grasp on your prejudice can slip from time to time, so an apology would be appreciated.
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:53 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:For the twentieth time, it's a dumb argument, Duk, but should I expect a bigot like you to understand that?


Why engage in activity that you perceive to be a waste of your time?
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 5273
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Human Rights Watch: "Israel Gunning Down Fleeing Civilia

Postby GabonX on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:51 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
targetman377 wrote:this thread should now be dead saxi you have switched topics so much spouted out so many generalization then when ever isreal pulled out themselves you switched to show there was a group who want the dome of the rock gone. Well i can show you a group call the kkk that lives in montaina and wants all black people to move out willingingly. Its kinda sad you lump all of isreal together like that... also you claim that haums is your authoritiy but you never once talk about how he came to power? wonder why??


Moving past some of saxi's rhetoric, it was interesting to note that regardless of the subject matter which was mentioned, the pro-Israel diehards ITT would defend it--no matter how insane or immoral it was. It would be similar to pro-Iraq war 2003 diehards supporting something as crazy as the KKK while they're screaming UHMERICA!!!. It was a fun pattern to observe.


Very little of what Saxitoxin says is accurate. Pointing that out is not defense of insane or immoral behavior. The most recent topic I looked at was Saxitoxin writing a headline claiming Israelis announced plans to bulldoze a UNESCO heritage site when no such plan was announced by the Israeli government or the group he claims represents them.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim, I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Timminz wrote:Public displays of stuipidity amuse me greatly.
Captain GabonX
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:38 am
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Human Rights Watch: "Israel Gunning Down Fleeing Civilia

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 pm

GabonX wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
targetman377 wrote:this thread should now be dead saxi you have switched topics so much spouted out so many generalization then when ever isreal pulled out themselves you switched to show there was a group who want the dome of the rock gone. Well i can show you a group call the kkk that lives in montaina and wants all black people to move out willingingly. Its kinda sad you lump all of isreal together like that... also you claim that haums is your authoritiy but you never once talk about how he came to power? wonder why??


Moving past some of saxi's rhetoric, it was interesting to note that regardless of the subject matter which was mentioned, the pro-Israel diehards ITT would defend it--no matter how insane or immoral it was. It would be similar to pro-Iraq war 2003 diehards supporting something as crazy as the KKK while they're screaming UHMERICA!!!. It was a fun pattern to observe.


Very little of what Saxitoxin says is accurate. Pointing that out is not defense of insane or immoral behavior. The most recent topic I looked at was Saxitoxin writing a headline claiming Israelis announced plans to bulldoze a UNESCO heritage site when no such plan was announced by the Israeli government or the group he claims represents them.


Numerous posters, including SB and patches among others, reviewed and affirmed the accuracy of my summary. No one supported your interpretation and it was loudly derided and dismissed. This frequently happens, where you are humiliated and then return later -after the discussion has cycled off the page - to solemly declare victory as a lone voice of academic accuracy (while never referencing sources, or referencing debunked bible prophecy or conspiracy sources like sixdaywar.co.uk). It has become a delightful tradition.
Last edited by saxitoxin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lieutenant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Human Rights Watch: "Israel Gunning Down Fleeing Civilia

Postby GabonX on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:35 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
GabonX wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
targetman377 wrote:this thread should now be dead saxi you have switched topics so much spouted out so many generalization then when ever isreal pulled out themselves you switched to show there was a group who want the dome of the rock gone. Well i can show you a group call the kkk that lives in montaina and wants all black people to move out willingingly. Its kinda sad you lump all of isreal together like that... also you claim that haums is your authoritiy but you never once talk about how he came to power? wonder why??


Moving past some of saxi's rhetoric, it was interesting to note that regardless of the subject matter which was mentioned, the pro-Israel diehards ITT would defend it--no matter how insane or immoral it was. It would be similar to pro-Iraq war 2003 diehards supporting something as crazy as the KKK while they're screaming UHMERICA!!!. It was a fun pattern to observe.


Very little of what Saxitoxin says is accurate. Pointing that out is not defense of insane or immoral behavior. The most recent topic I looked at was Saxitoxin writing a headline claiming Israelis announced plans to bulldoze a UNESCO heritage site when no such plan was announced by the Israeli government or the group he claims represents them.


Numerous posters, including SB and patches among others, reviewed and affirmed the accuracy of my summary. No one supported your interpretation and it was loudly derided and dismissed. This frequently happens, where you are humiliated and then return later -after the discussion has cycled off the page - to solemly declare victory as a lone voice of academic accuracy (while never referencing sources, or referencing debunked sources like sixdaywar.co.uk). It has become a delightful tradition.


You have a chorus of people who shout along side you, but that doesn't make you right. You are wrong.

If what you're saying is accurate, show us where these plans were announced. Show us the link, and a quote from the link indicating that someone announced plans to use a bulldozer. If you can't do that then what you said was wrong.


*Edit: You showed us a site with a link asking for donations to build a temple. There were no plans announcing imminent destruction of a UNESCO world heritage site. They are not at all the same thing.
Last edited by GabonX on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim, I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Timminz wrote:Public displays of stuipidity amuse me greatly.
Captain GabonX
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:38 am
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Human Rights Watch: "Israel Gunning Down Fleeing Civilia

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:47 pm

GabonX wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
GabonX wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
targetman377 wrote:this thread should now be dead saxi you have switched topics so much spouted out so many generalization then when ever isreal pulled out themselves you switched to show there was a group who want the dome of the rock gone. Well i can show you a group call the kkk that lives in montaina and wants all black people to move out willingingly. Its kinda sad you lump all of isreal together like that... also you claim that haums is your authoritiy but you never once talk about how he came to power? wonder why??


Moving past some of saxi's rhetoric, it was interesting to note that regardless of the subject matter which was mentioned, the pro-Israel diehards ITT would defend it--no matter how insane or immoral it was. It would be similar to pro-Iraq war 2003 diehards supporting something as crazy as the KKK while they're screaming UHMERICA!!!. It was a fun pattern to observe.


Very little of what Saxitoxin says is accurate. Pointing that out is not defense of insane or immoral behavior. The most recent topic I looked at was Saxitoxin writing a headline claiming Israelis announced plans to bulldoze a UNESCO heritage site when no such plan was announced by the Israeli government or the group he claims represents them.


Numerous posters, including SB and patches among others, reviewed and affirmed the accuracy of my summary. No one supported your interpretation and it was loudly derided and dismissed. This frequently happens, where you are humiliated and then return later -after the discussion has cycled off the page - to solemly declare victory as a lone voice of academic accuracy (while never referencing sources, or referencing debunked sources like sixdaywar.co.uk). It has become a delightful tradition.


You have a chorus of people who shout along side you, but that doesn't make you right. You are wrong.

If what you're saying is accurate, show us where these plans were announced. Show us the link, and a quote from the link indicating that someone announced plans to use a bulldozer. If you can't do that then what you said was wrong.


I did, in the original post. I'm on my phone atm so can't retrieve it for you. But, I will say this: if your standard of evidence is "show me X and only X, otherwise Y is wrong!" I suspect you'll never hear a single thing that would make you question Israel.That's why you're widely viewed as a fanatic.
User avatar
Lieutenant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Israelis Announce Plan to Bulldoze UNESCO Heritage Site

Postby GabonX on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Saxitoxin wrote:
Dukusaur wrote:
Saxitoxin wrote:You're wrong about number 3. One out of four statements that I made are true, therefore I'm not the liar, you're the liar, na na na na na!

Image


Disgusting. Aside from the misattributed quote, you posted an image designed to denigrate, demean, and humiliate Muslims. I would never in a million years post an image of someone with a large nose, wearing a kippah and screaming when I make fun of someone like Gweedo. But you, somehow, think the picture you just used is perfectly acceptable. The level of Islamaphobia and anti-Arab hate you've been working overtime to try to stir up is completely astonishing.



Dukasaur wrote:Found it.
saxitoxin wrote: TURKEY (supported by Gabby)
"A woman without a headscarf resembles a house without curtains. A house without curtains is either for sale or for rent."
    - Naim Köse, J&D Party (Turkey)



Image
some Turk - probably the chief justice of the Turkish Supreme Court

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=179900

When Saxi posts a picture it's ok, but when someone he's arguing posts one he feigns outrage...


GabonX wrote:It's truly remarkable how little of what he's saying is grounded in reality.

Consider how he portrays Israel to secular minded people as opposed to religious minded people. To the secularist he portrays Israel as a conservative religious movement, but on the last page when faced with a person who is religious he portrays Israel as a deviant orgy ridden, homosexual nation. The truth is Israel is tolerant of both secular and religious groups, as the government itself is basically secular.


Goes to show that Sax will do and say anything. Consider how he hamster brain rationalizes the fact that Israeli police remove Jews from the Temple Mount. It's not evidence of Israeli willingness to work with Arab authorities to maintain peace, and of course the Arabs have nooo problem with Jews praying there. Somehow it's actually evidence of Jewish radicalism in the Israeli government and not proof of the opposite.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim, I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Timminz wrote:Public displays of stuipidity amuse me greatly.
Captain GabonX
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:38 am
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby shickingbrits on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Gabonx,

So you are saying the state of Israel are dicks to everyone and you feel that Saxi is saying their only dicks to Palestinians?

Don't fear, I'm pretty sure he agrees that their dicks to everyone.
User avatar
Sergeant shickingbrits
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 am
Medals: 6
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby GabonX on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:21 pm

shickingbrits wrote:Gabonx,

So you are saying the state of Israel are dicks to everyone and you feel that Saxi is saying their only dicks to Palestinians?

Don't fear, I'm pretty sure he agrees that their dicks to everyone.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

shickingbrits wrote:GabonX, your argument is equivalent to this:

Saxi: FIFA was bribed in deciding who will hold the World Cup.
GabonX: Beckham IS a good player...damn you for saying he would take a bribe.
Saxi: I'm not talking about Beckham, I'm talking about FIFA. See here is the evidence that FIFA was bribed.
GabonX: Beckham was given many red cards, so how can he and FIFA be in cahoots?
Saxi: I'm still not talking about Beckham, don't intend and never meant to talk about Beckham. Seems to me some one has a crush...

Same applies... No idea
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim, I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Timminz wrote:Public displays of stuipidity amuse me greatly.
Captain GabonX
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:38 am
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby shickingbrits on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Israeli is a state. FIFA is a governing body.

Both may perform positive and negative actions. Those negative actions do not implicate any particular player in the state or governing body. In fact, those individual players may suffer independently within the body because of its actions.

Israel murders civilians. FIFA takes bribes. Neither Beckham nor the individual Jew is being implicated. Beckham can get a red card and other punishments from FIFA, just as the individual Jew May be arrested or otherwise punished by the state.

State, team, individual.
User avatar
Sergeant shickingbrits
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 am
Medals: 6
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:05 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:For the twentieth time, it's a dumb argument, Duk, but should I expect a bigot like you to understand that?


Why engage in activity that you perceive to be a waste of your time?


Great question. I often ask myself this, but I finally got an answer:

(a) it's not actually a waste of my time because I do gain some benefits from this.
(b) the benefits do not offset the costs, and I have yet to fully realize this.

So, to overcome this paradox, I chose a mixed strategy Nash equilibrium where I randomly switch between believing in (a) and (b). If rational expectations holds, then the average of my error should equal zero. I should be okay in the long-run! :D
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Gillipig on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:46 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:For the twentieth time, it's a dumb argument, Duk, but should I expect a bigot like you to understand that?


Why engage in activity that you perceive to be a waste of your time?


Great question. I often ask myself this, but I finally got an answer:

(a) it's not actually a waste of my time because I do gain some benefits from this.
(b) the benefits do not offset the costs, and I have yet to fully realize this.

So, to overcome this paradox, I chose a mixed strategy Nash equilibrium where I randomly switch between believing in (a) and (b). If rational expectations holds, then the average of my error should equal zero. I should be okay in the long-run! :D

It's definitely option b). What could you possibly gain from engaging in some sort of verbal masturbation with halfwits like us? You deserve better old chap.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Israelis Announce Plan to Bulldoze UNESCO Heritage Site

Postby Gillipig on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:51 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Dukusaur wrote:
Saxitoxin wrote:You're wrong about number 3. One out of four statements that I made are true, therefore I'm not the liar, you're the liar, na na na na na!

Image


Disgusting. Aside from the misattributed quote, you posted an image designed to denigrate, demean, and humiliate Muslims. I would never in a million years post an image of someone with a large nose, wearing a kippah and screaming when I make fun of someone like Gweedo. But you, somehow, think the picture you just used is perfectly acceptable. The level of Islamaphobia and anti-Arab hate you've been working overtime to try to stir up is completely astonishing.

Oh, of course. You would never do something like that to make fun of Gweedo.

But you would to make fun of Turks.
Subject: Russia Mobilizes Against Turkey, Hizballah Reinforces Assad

saxitoxin wrote: TURKEY (supported by Gabby)
"A woman without a headscarf resembles a house without curtains. A house without curtains is either for sale or for rent."
    - Naim Köse, J&D Party (Turkey)
Image
some Turk - probably the chief justice of the Turkish Supreme Court


So what? I posted that image, don't you see the crucial difference?

FIXED.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Israel is a Monster

Postby Ray Rider on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:07 am

I had mentioned this earlier in the thread:
Ray Rider wrote:Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with the conversation here--I'm sitting in the Ataturk Airport in Istanbul, Turkey right now waiting for a flight to Cairo. Yesterday I was in Tel Aviv as rockets were fired at the city from Gaza. Some people ran for shelters, others ignored it as the rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome. The day before we drove down to Mitzpe Ramon, passing within 20 miles of Gaza. We could see the gunships circling amidst clouds of billowing sand/smoke. I haven't had access to a computer but I'll try to post some pictures when I get a chance.


Now that I'm back home, here's a few of the pictures.

From the border with Gaza:
Image

Image

From Jerusalem near the Damascus Gate where Israeli police were blocking Muslim men of military age from entering the Old City during Friday prayers in an attempt to stave off the potential for violence:
Image

In Tel Aviv, the little puffs of smoke are from rockets that were destroyed moments earlier by the Iron Dome:
Image

I have videos too; maybe I'll upload a couple at some point...
Last edited by Ray Rider on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image
Image
Highest score: 2221
User avatar
Major Ray Rider
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: In front of my computer, duh!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:09 am

why were you there? research?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Army of GOD
 
Posts: 6376
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Ray Rider on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:37 am

Army of GOD wrote:why were you there? research?

Tourism plain and simple. After kicking cancer, my super generous coworkers and college classmates gave me money to fly anywhere in the world; I wanted to see the Middle East! There you can still see the only remaining ancient wonder of the world (the pyramids in Egypt), one of the new 7 wonders of the world (Petra in Jordan), as well as dozens of sites mentioned in the Bible (Israel & the Palestinian Territories).

Here I am at the pyramids with my Jordanian keffiyeh & sandals from Jerusalem:
Image
Image
Image
Highest score: 2221
User avatar
Major Ray Rider
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: In front of my computer, duh!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: 150,000 People in London Rally Against Israel

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:28 am

Ray Rider wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:why were you there? research?

Tourism plain and simple. After kicking cancer, my super generous coworkers and college classmates gave me money to fly anywhere in the world; I wanted to see the Middle East! There you can still see the only remaining ancient wonder of the world (the pyramids in Egypt), one of the new 7 wonders of the world (Petra in Jordan), as well as dozens of sites mentioned in the Bible (Israel & the Palestinian Territories).

Here I am at the pyramids with my Jordanian keffiyeh & sandals from Jerusalem:
Image


how close were you able to get to the pyramids?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Army of GOD
 
Posts: 6376
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron