Conquer Club

A simple OT guide-Why are the site moderators allowing this?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: A simple OT guide-Why are the site moderators allowing t

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Hey, PS. How many reports have you filed against other users?

Curious, why do you ask?

I whipped out a 2 page response highly thorough and totally honest and it was posted here for anyone who got in the first 20 seconds of sending it, but I'm saving it until I find out why you ask. I figure you are always trying to play games with me, why should I give you exactly what you want time after time after time?

BigBallinStalin wrote:ITT: PS is a hypocrite.

Given all his fears about CC or the US turning into a tyranny, he overlooks the fact that a minority (CC) or a majority (uninformed voters) can use the political process to their own ends, thus creating a tyranny of the majority (possibly US) or a tyranny of the loud, crybabies (CC). Rampant reporters demand the most attention from the mods, who will perceive that there is a problem that usually requires a warning or teh ban hammer.

If more reports were ignored, we'd shift less into tyranny, but lo and behold!, Phatscotty, the reporter, has been contributing the very means which has brought CC into tyranny. He himself has bent CC to his own demands--regardless of his proclaimed ideas. He will now break down in tears in 3... 2... 1...

HAHA! More of the usual dodging questions while expecting others to answer. Did not have to do an imaginary countdown, just callin it out up front. Gotta figure sooner or later that will take a toll on your credibility. It has with me. But you be you, and I'll be me.

I haven't filed a single report in years, 2 maybe 3. I used to, at first it was hard to not report people who were getting away with things that only seemed to be enforced against me, like double posting. Of course that put a chip on my shoulder. However in that case I normally made a joke of it when other people DP'd, but the one time someone severely abused the general concept against double posting against me, even upping it to a triple, I did report it. The mod replied 'Are you f'ing kidding me?????' I guarantee though if I hadn't been banned for it that report never would have happened. I hated to report people. I wished to silence nobody based on their opinion, and even the most committed rule breakers who showed no respect for our forum or myself despite respect given, I still gave everyone a lot of leeway and numerous chances and chatted it over privately with mods before filing a report in the last case all other options attempted scenario. Basically I have treated everybody the exact way you and Mets say America needs to treat everybody else especially the poor...yet I live that reality and you constantly throw it in my face. Kinda weird, but anyways...

I have never wanted anyone banned. After a rough start between PimpDave and I with a lot of back n forth, he even went to PM'ing me to get me to say something in private in order to get my last ban; after a while I did not report PD, as much as we've been through, all the reason in the world to report him for obvious reasons. I even put up with Woodruff's intense consistent dedication to the craft for a year without ever reporting him once. As challenging as that was taking the most annoying and frustrating responses by design, and even realizing it looked bad letting him get away with it like that and letting everyone see him do it, which only caused the trollery to matriculate further into the system from numerous more angles and turning a place I love into a heap of stinking mess, as well as making this place look like a joke and that the actual enforcement was highly selective. But I wasn't gonna let him dictate my actions, I chose to rise above it. It took a little experience going around the block a few times and even dragged around the block once or twice to find my own niche here, and that's what I've come to believe and advise many other people, most recently Universal not to report people at least in the instance we discussed this one time (which Greekdog somehow turned into us being best buddies), and while myself being fully supportive of as much speech and ideas being freely shared as possible and following through on my beliefs.

Before that, 6 years ago, sure I made a few reports in my time. That was the world that was conquer club. People were trying to silence my speech and my opinions, even though I had broken no rules, so I would be a fool to just sit and let it happen and play by a code of honor that many here scoff at, all the way til I'm out of the game. Letting the rule abusers get one up on me and letting the rule breakers steal the day didn't sit well, so I fought fire with fire. And that was the way this place used to be, one big trap with endless varieties of bait.

Not the answer you were looking for? But an honest answer it is. Maybe you can get around to responding to my questions the way in which I respond to yours. Fully and honestly, with no ulterior agenda to try to make someone look bad, but rather to have meaningful conversation on various issues.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I haven't filed a single report in years, 2 maybe 3.

That was all you needed to say.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

Good God! All that kicking and screaming, and FINALLY! We have an answer.

LOCK THIS THREAD. We're done here.

Wait! He could be lying! We'll have to use torture syrum and truth tribunals.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:16 pm

Wait, don't lock it!

Penis

Now lock it
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

No, what I needed to do was cut the head off the snake before it opened it's jaws to strike. Now that that's done with....I shouldn't need to say that, there is no information to suggest that I have reported people. That's why I was curious and asked BBS what I asked.

Obviously you see the crappola I overcome on the daily, that's a choice. Granted things used to be a lot worse, it takes a special kind of person to sit there quietly and receive a jaywalking ticket while another person randomly enters the scene drunk off their ass running red lights speeding and crashing into a telephone pole, and not say something about the cop not even flinching. It's normal for someone who gets in trouble for a thing to say something when someone else does the exact same thing or worse, repeatedly, and always gets treated like they are special and elite and better and above the law, and that the law only applies to the little people like me and I better shut up an go along with everyone else, and only follow laws they like and ignore the law they don't like or are inconvenient for them at a certain point in time. Not that it means I wanted someone else to get in trouble as much as it means 'why aren't you applying the law equally?' I surmised that was just the way it was gonna be for me personally and the path before me was littered with egg shells. So I upped my game and worked on my character and studied that much harder and exposed myself to my own fears and shortcomings and identified my strengths as well as holding myself accountable and setting a good example for others.

You can't deny my style and my consistency, as universal political and economic agreement have nothing to do with style or consistency. The reason at the time was pretty simple. Conservatives were not welcome here! If you are a Republican of any kind, you better just go along with the Liberal/Progressive dominated environment, if you are Conservative, there is a different set of rules for you. A lot like the tax code Obama abused in 2011-2012, if he doesn't like you for any reason, there are so many laws and restrictions and regulations and standards, if they want to, they're gonna find a reason to stick it to ya. When I tell people I was banned for necrobumping (since what I said in the thread was judged irrelevant to the thread) people always have the same response. 'What the hell is necrobumping?' Granted that I was rough around the edges and had no experience in this place coming fresh out of the gate, I learned, I assimilated, I gave up long ago the expectation that rules were enforced fairly and equally, and I sucked it up. I overcame the double standards, the inequality, the intolerance, the systemic discrimination, and the level of fairness stacked against me for personal reasons. I pulled myself up by my boot straps and overcame adversity, caring not if others offended me. Many of the men and women who came before me gave up to much of their tears and sweat and blood, sacrificed on levels unimaginable today just to earn our rights, marched through the snow barefoot in order to meet an enemy nobody believed we could win against. And when I learned an came to truly understand just how much it costed those who came before us so that we can have what we have today and we take for granted and I put that into perspective I decided then and there to do everything in my power to stop people from lighting the match to set it all afire, to stop them from turning their backs on America's historic values, to bring it in a level that has not been seen before and with such clarity that if you are going to go against traditional American values, you are going to have to flat out say that you do not believe in Freedom and that you are virtually against it, you have to say aloud that Liberty is outdated and that you believe people are too dumb to take care of themselves, you cannot beat around the bush when it comes to turning in your Independence when one makes a case for dependence as the way to prosperity and the way to create wealth.

I adopted a symbol after many years of changing avatars on the weekly. That's why I identify with Bruce Wayne/Batman. A lot like Bruce Wayne, when Phatscotty began, he too was a lot like Bruce choosing to be locked up in prison, to study the mind of the criminal in order to understand them more clearly and fight them more effectively, and that has been my mission here exactly, to study the mind of people who are complete opposite of my values and the values that historically have been what made America great for centuries. And just like Bruce Wayne, I joined the CC league of shadows, started my training, playing along with the one way political correctness in Monkey Business. Sure it was a little more fun, but I was selling myself short. I played along all the way until I was asked to be the executioner of another's rights, Freedoms, and Liberties. And that is where I drew the line. I would not be taking things from others, I refused to infringe on others, I refused to be the destroyer of everything America used to be. Once I discovered the true nature and name of their game, that they don't believe in Liberty or many of the other values that have for so long come to be uniquely American, that they wish to trade in their Freedom for security around every corner, even knowingly tricking others into giving up Independence for dependency in more and more forms, they were sinking deeper and deeper determined to take everybody with them while pillaging and razing more brazenly and greedily than ever before. I refused to go along, and I put my life on the line to stand up for myself and not be peer pressured out of doing what is right in my heart according to my principles.

That's when I realized I needed to be a symbol and stand against them; that's when I realized they view compassion as a weakness, something to be taken advantage of and that they mock society's laws and systems and thrive off it if you don't get real; I saw the city's true face. I had already gotten the message loud and clear that regular go along Phatscotty was a man lost in the scramble for his own narrow self gratification. He can be repeatedly locked up and banned permanently, But if I made myself more than just a man, if I devoted myself to my own true principles and values and to the country that I love so much and put my heart into it and they couldn't stop me, I could become something much more; Legend. I learned to master my own fear just as Batman mastered his fear of bats and used that fear to his advantage. Fears of being called a racist or a baby killer everytime I so much as questioned the status quo. Even bringing up certain subjects could get me called a sexist or a bigot. Taking a stand on the truth and Constitutional rights can get you labeled homophobic, taking a stand for my country can get me labeled Islamaphobic, no matter how many of my people get killed or how many skyscrapers fell to the ground; I was told their feelings are more important, and that the American lives lost were not really that big of a deal, since an equal number have been killed in the past 15 years due to my country's military accidents and illegal intentional off the record killings, and that we deserved to have our civilians attacked since our country had become so soft and corrupt and hell bent on compassion at all costs and only worrying about not offending others that every level of our infrastructure was been compromised by the enemy. But I refuse to believe that, I believe there are still good people in America, so that is why I fight for her, and I do not believe we are beyond saving.

I came to understand that people needed a dramatic example to shake them out of their apathy, and that I couldn't do that as shut up and go along Phats. As a man of flesh and blood, I can be foed and and ignored. But as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting. A symbol that stands on fundamental and historical truths, something so familiar and ingrained in my people for so many generations but is terrifying to today's generation; Freedom, Liberty, and Independence.

When I came back and they threatened to hurt the people and things that I love by trying to manipulate my fears and making me feel guilty enough to the point of throwing something as precious as Freedom into the garbage can, I was ready for them. I began to show that not everybody was afraid, and now this place is welcome to not only Conservatives, but to all people of all backgrounds and all ideas and all different opinions.

Since then I have faced new and more challenging opponents; but I always walked away from them without breaking the rules and holding my head up high and not violating my own principles or deceive myself or others, such as sticking to the mission at hand to myself and my country while trying my best not to call anybody mean names, not hurting anyone or advocating taking away others rights or Freedom in the process while respecting their own experience and perspectives and opinions; I leave that to them to reflect on when our individual and collective moments of truth arrive. And every time win or lose, it has added value to my character and I walk away stronger than before.

One thing is for sure, many years later, no matter what happens, every single person I have ever met or talked is going to remember me and my hand at their heart coming from my own heart honestly and objectively with no agenda, and from then on people are going to stop complaining about problems, stop pointing the fingers, stop making people guilty for things they have no control over, stop worrying about everyone else and what they have, and start creating solutions to deal with our challenges better, smarter, and in line with what we believe in as a country. Because we were all born with the tools and had them on our belts the entire time, it's just a matter of using them efficiently and knowing what we believe in as a country and most importantly of all.....why we stand united where we do when it comes to our fundamental values and principles of Freedom, Liberty, and Independence.

E. Pluribus Unum
Last edited by Phatscotty on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

No, what I needed to do was cut the head off the snake before it opened it's jaws to strike. Now that that's done with....I shouldn't need to say that, there is no information to suggest that I have reported people.

Yes, there is. I saw reports from you when I was a mod.

That's why I identify with Bruce Wayne/Batman

This is a fucking internet forum, dude.

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:32 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

No, what I needed to do was cut the head off the snake before it opened it's jaws to strike. Now that that's done with....I shouldn't need to say that, there is no information to suggest that I have reported people.

Yes, there is. I saw reports from you when I was a mod.

years ago, I am sure you did.

Phatscotty wrote:That's why I identify with Bruce Wayne/Batman

Metsfanmax wrote:This is a fucking internet forum, dude

as for the avatar, virtually everyone has an avatar as well as a reason they chose what they did. Excuse the hell out of me for elaborating on it when it is relevant to the topic at hand.
Major Phatscotty

Postby BoganGod on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:08 am

Dukasaur wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:When I and others of the old guard joined (2006 and 2007), rules were pretty lenient for the most part (though Reverend Kyle got banned for what would be pretty tame stuff in the Hot & Sexy Women thread by wicked way back then, and certain things as outlined by the guidelines would be a bannable offense, but still), and even in the forum guidelines it said to not be a whiner.

Then all of a sudden there was a crack down on a lot of posts when lack stepped down and the then new ownership took over. And now we're letting back guys who had been banned for years (dagip and xtratobasco for example) and loosening back up?

I just want consistency, that's all.

I think your timeline is way off. I've been here almost four years now, and in that time there's never been a serious crackdown of any kind. The ocassional isolated ban of some of the more extreme offenders, but nothing resembling an across-the-board "crackdown." Standards got gradually slacker and slacker, that's been a pretty consistent tendency the whole time I've been here. The tendency accelerated after BigWham took over, but it was already well underway before that.

That is cause your a noob dukey. There were williful attempts by site moderators among others to drive business to other sites by creating an inconsistent, chaotic, contradictory moderating system, unevenly applied at whim by seriously addled narcissistic frustrated trolls.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:13 pm

BoganGod wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:When I and others of the old guard joined (2006 and 2007), rules were pretty lenient for the most part (though Reverend Kyle got banned for what would be pretty tame stuff in the Hot & Sexy Women thread by wicked way back then, and certain things as outlined by the guidelines would be a bannable offense, but still), and even in the forum guidelines it said to not be a whiner.

Then all of a sudden there was a crack down on a lot of posts when lack stepped down and the then new ownership took over. And now we're letting back guys who had been banned for years (dagip and xtratobasco for example) and loosening back up?

I just want consistency, that's all.

I think your timeline is way off. I've been here almost four years now, and in that time there's never been a serious crackdown of any kind. The ocassional isolated ban of some of the more extreme offenders, but nothing resembling an across-the-board "crackdown." Standards got gradually slacker and slacker, that's been a pretty consistent tendency the whole time I've been here. The tendency accelerated after BigWham took over, but it was already well underway before that.

That is cause your a noob dukey. There were williful attempts by site moderators among others to drive business to other sites by creating an inconsistent, chaotic, contradictory moderating system, unevenly applied at whim by seriously addled narcissistic frustrated trolls.

Yeah, I heard about those. However they happened in 2009 mostly. muy thai is alleging that "there was a crack down on a lot of posts when lack stepped down" which was November 2012. Not even close to the same time, which was my point.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby notyou2 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 pm

I remember the great purges of 2009 and the first half of 2010. They were brutally applied by Idi Admin and there has been a hole in this site since.
Captain notyou2

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:12 pm

There have been just over 700 forum bans.

Looking at the most recent 700 (meaning discounting the first 3 months of CC, we can look at how long it took to reach 50 bans over the timespan of CC
Period 1 (2007-07-01 -- 2008-01-25) 208 days
Period 2 (2008-01-26 -- 2008-06-06) 133 days
Period 3 (2008-06-09 -- 2008-09-30) 114 days
Period 4 (2008-10-01 -- 2009-01-07) 99 days
Period 5 (2009-01-07 -- 2009-04-16) 100 days
Period 6 (2009-04-16 -- 2009-07-10) 86 days!
Period 7 (2009-07-11 -- 2009-09-18) 70 fucking days!
Period 8 (2009-09-18 -- 2009-11-16) 60 days ... seriously, why would anyone come to these forums?
Period 9 (2009-11-16 -- 2010-05-04) 170 days; normality and sanity returned; sometime in December the slaughter ended
Period 10 (2010-05-06 -- 2010-10-17) 165 days
Period 11 (2010-10-31 -- 2011-06-16) 229 days
Period 12 (2011-07-21 -- 2012-02-12) 207 days
Period 13 (2012-02-13 -- 2012-09-09) 210 days
Period 14 (2012-09-09) -- 2014-07-04) 695 days.

Now, part of the reason is that CC is dead. There aren't any users left to ban. Somebody else can look at the dates and line stuff up with # of users or moderating/ownership changes or whatever.

My point is clear, censorship kills. Reading the paddle history is like entering an asylum run by the inmates.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:58 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:There have been just over 700 forum bans.

Looking at the most recent 700 (meaning discounting the first 3 months of CC, we can look at how long it took to reach 50 bans over the timespan of CC
Period 1 (2007-07-01 -- 2008-01-25) 208 days
Period 2 (2008-01-26 -- 2008-06-06) 133 days
Period 3 (2008-06-09 -- 2008-09-30) 114 days
Period 4 (2008-10-01 -- 2009-01-07) 99 days
Period 5 (2009-01-07 -- 2009-04-16) 100 days
Period 6 (2009-04-16 -- 2009-07-10) 86 days!
Period 7 (2009-07-11 -- 2009-09-18) 70 fucking days!
Period 8 (2009-09-18 -- 2009-11-16) 60 days ... seriously, why would anyone come to these forums?
Period 9 (2009-11-16 -- 2010-05-04) 170 days; normality and sanity returned; sometime in December the slaughter ended
Period 10 (2010-05-06 -- 2010-10-17) 165 days
Period 11 (2010-10-31 -- 2011-06-16) 229 days
Period 12 (2011-07-21 -- 2012-02-12) 207 days
Period 13 (2012-02-13 -- 2012-09-09) 210 days
Period 14 (2012-09-09) -- 2014-07-04) 695 days.

Now, part of the reason is that CC is dead. There aren't any users left to ban. Somebody else can look at the dates and line stuff up with # of users or moderating/ownership changes or whatever.

My point is clear, censorship kills. Reading the paddle history is like entering an asylum run by the inmates.

Wow. Wait... how do you know that there were 700 forum bans?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:06 pm

all those bans and yet DoomYoshi is still allowed to post here...what a waste.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:32 pm

I have a record of them all... Since the Community Team and the Moderator Team were merged, I am technically a forum moderator.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby notyou2 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Can you divde the numbers by the quantity of members for the time period to get an average?
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Can you divde the numbers by the quantity of members for the time period to get an percentage?
Captain notyou2

Postby TeeGee on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Army of GOD wrote:all those bans and yet DoomYoshi is still allowed to post here...what a waste.

Most of the bans are DoomYoshi :lol:
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:52 pm

notyou2 wrote:Can you divde the numbers by the quantity of members for the time period to get an percentage?

Banned for doublepost.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Can you divde the numbers by the quantity of members for the time period to get an percentage?

Banned for doublepost.

Banned for terrible humour.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

Banned for doublepost.

Can I find out if I am the only person to have ever had double posting count as an infraction?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Banned for doublepost.

Can I find out if I am the only person to have ever had double posting count as an infraction?

Mind your own business.

Postby EBConquer on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 am

Phatscotty wrote:Can I find out if I am the only person to have ever had double posting count as an infraction?

I would probably say probably. :lol: :lol: (kinda strange)
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:20 am

It's funny to me that the title of this thread implies that the moderators here actually do anything useful.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby notyou2 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:51 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

Banned for doublepost.

After I bought you a beer. You ungrateful lizard.
Captain notyou2

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:37 am

Phatscotty wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

Banned for doublepost.

You are most certainly not. There have been bans for triple and quadruple posts. I even got a warning for quadruple posting once.
Major DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,