Conquer Club

Skyrim Steam Mod recommendations?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Skyrim Steam Mod recommendations?

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:04 pm

I finally got a PC that can run Skyrim (got a great deal on the game, came with all DLC as well as the previous Elder Scrolls games for $40), but I want to know what steam mods people would recommend that are the most fun and what not. I would prefer no nexus, as that's a pain to integrate to the game. Steam is nice and simple.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Re: Skyrim Steam Mod recommendations?

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Nexus isn't too bad, but most of the good Nexus mods are also on Steam I think too. I am not sure what mods I installed back in the day -- but I remember better foliage, better water, high res graphic overhaul, better night sky, better weather effects / rain / thunder / snowstorms. And, hm, I think there was a mod that made Dragon ultra hard, and something really scary to encounter. Plus a few other random ones I can't think of at the moment.

Most of the time, I'd just browse what was 'all time popular' and go from there.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Nexus isn't too bad, but most of the good Nexus mods are also on Steam I think too. I am not sure what mods I installed back in the day -- but I remember better foliage, better water, high res graphic overhaul, better night sky, better weather effects / rain / thunder / snowstorms. And, hm, I think there was a mod that made Dragon ultra hard, and something really scary to encounter. Plus a few other random ones I can't think of at the moment.

Most of the time, I'd just browse what was 'all time popular' and go from there.

--Andy

Environment isn't at the top of my list, but thanks for those! Mainly what I'm looking for would probably be lore friendly-ish quests, weapons, and armor (maybe interactive mods with the NPCs). That sort of thing.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 am

I didn't care too much for those. I just wanted to make things to look pretty, since I mostly didn't care about the storyline, just exploring when I played.

Goodluck.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I didn't care too much for those. I just wanted to make things to look pretty, since I mostly didn't care about the storyline, just exploring when I played.

Goodluck.

--Andy

Gotcha. I have put on a couple of mods. An elf archer's armor and OP swords that one shot everything and raises your 1 handed skill to 100 in just a few swings. I'm about to try the new races mod where you can be more races at the start, including Daedric Princes and Snow Elves.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,