Conquer Club

Tribute to AndyDufresne

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tribute to AndyDufresne

Postby universalchiro on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:49 pm

We may not agree on much, but he has stayed true to himself and the guy has grown on me with his harmless Star Trek pictures. Who doesn't like Star Trek anyways. The phrase was if you wanted to change the mood of a room just add a baby or puppy dog, I'm adding Andy to that list. Too often I've been in one midset debating evolutionist (God bless them) and Andy comes through and post his usual Star Trek stuff and lifts my spirits. To this and to Andy, I say thank you even though we may never see things eye to eye.
So post your favorite Andy-ism:

AndyDufresne wrote:ImageImage
ImageImage

--Andy
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Tribute to AndyDufresne

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:04 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:[3] The gaps are simple to understand when you realize that the Theory explains that life evolved "gradually" over millions of years. That word "gradually," is the key to understanding the gaps. If it takes millions of years for one species to evolve into another, then there should be millions of years worth of fossilized remains everywhere showing the gradual changes over all those millions of years. You just don't show a dinosaur and then a bird and say, "walla, evolution, see!"

Very true, since it is very true common fact that we have looked beneath the entire surface of the earth everywhere.

--Andy
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Is Andy dead?

ding dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch, the wicked witch
Last edited by Army of GOD on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:08 pm

How did you edit that so fast?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:13 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Quirk on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Lieutenant Quirk

Postby universalchiro on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:31 pm

A comment that is a classic Andy-ism: I wrote a long detailed post regarding creation and evolution and started my post with "Look,..."

universalchiro wrote: Look,

AndyDufresne wrote: This part I agree with

God bless Andy, he has the politest method of saying he disagrees.

Last edited by universalchiro on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby universalchiro on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:44 pm

After hundreds of UC's posts that are in conflict with evolution, which is taught in all of academia from elementary school to the highest graduate levels, Andy comes up with a clever comment that is an economy of words but so profound:

AndyDufresne wrote:I can just imagine the doublethink that went on inside UC's head when he was taking science exams in school and/or college.

--Andy

Yes, Andy, Anthropology subjects were difficult for me. I'll share one incident for you: Anthropology class: The professor said the Bible contradicts itself. I raised my hand, she called on me, I asked her where was the contradiction. The professor replied all over the place. I asked her to provide one.
[Now mind you, there were 120 kids in the class and I was not sitting in the front row, so when I would talk, 120 heads swiveled at me, then back at her, then back at me. Almost comical.]
She said with the Genesis flood, the Bible says it rained 40 days and then in another place it says it rained 150 days. I replied that that is not what it says, it says that it rained for 40 days and 40 nights and the flood waters prevailed upon the earth for 150 days. And yes I had my Bible, so I quoted it for her. When I finished reading and looked up, the entire class swiveled theirs heads back at her, she was pissed! turned a shade of red and said, look, I'm not here to discuss all the errors in the Bible that would take too long...We are here to discuss the evolution of mankind.

Needless to say, though I knew the material forwards and backwards and regurgitated the information for the exams, they were essay and subjective, and I was receiving unfavorable grades that did not mirror my knowledge of the subject. So I went to the Dean, mind you, not to toot my horn, but I was competing for academic honors for the class, which I did not receive at that university, While sitting in front of the Dean to discuss the matter, I noticed the dean and my professor had the same last name. I asked him if they were married, he said yes. I asked him if he knew of me being a student in your wife's class, he said yes. I asked him, then there is nothing I can do but repeat the class, he smiled and said correct. For which I did with another professor to raise a D to A. But it cost me time and money. Score: +1 Anthropology Professor, +1 Mr. Dean, +0 UC.

God Bless Andy and his uplifting Star Trek GIFs
Last edited by universalchiro on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:53 pm

ImageImage

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:11 pm

The wild is a cold, cold place.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:25 pm

He's not dead yet.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby notyou2 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Andy, did you get a role in that new ape movie? Or maybe in the original?
Captain notyou2

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:12 pm

notyou2 wrote:Andy, did you get a role in that new ape movie? Or maybe in the original?

The new one, yeah. My grandmonkeypappi was the in the original(s). Here I am in the new one:

Click image to enlarge.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Andy, did you get a role in that new ape movie? Or maybe in the original?

The new one, yeah. My grandmonkeypappi was the in the original(s). Here I am in the new one:

Click image to enlarge.

--Andy

All heil Ceasar, Sieg heil!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:13 am

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,