Conquer Club

Should Dukasaur be banned?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Should Dukasaur be banned?

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:29 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
a6mzero wrote:Ban BBS and Saxi for being pompous fuks

We look forward to more of your intelligent posts!

wut?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:54 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

wut?

It was sarcasm. You would get it if you were in the pompous fuks club.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:04 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

wut?

You're wrong because "fuks" is actually spelled "fuhqs."

(Your membership card is en route. Please wait 2-3 business days).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:28 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

wut?

You're wrong because "fuks" is actually spelled "fuhqs."

(Your membership card is en route. Please wait 2-3 business days).

That's fuhqd up.

wut.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby tzor on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Good job with calling critics anti-semites. I could go back a page and point out more stupidity from you, but it won't phase you.

Really? When did I call a ctiric an anti-semite? What was this person critical of? I was basically talking about Hamas. People who suggest that Hamas is not a terrorist organization with Nazi roots who want to completely remove all Jews from the land and are perfectly willing to use their own population in order to achieve that cause aren't critics, they are deniers!
Cadet tzor

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

wut?

is this similar to Qomedy Qlub?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tzor on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
tzor wrote:If you want to get technical, there is no such thing as a "Palestinian."

No, actually, if you want to get technical, there actually is a thing as a "Palestinian."

OK then, let's look at the history of the Gaza Strip on Wikipedia (again not an arm of the IDF).

• Settlement in the region of Gaza dates back to 3300ā€“3000 BCE at Tell as-Sakan
  • Gaza was rebuilt by consul Aulus Gabinius after it was incorporated into the Roman Empire in 63 BCE, under the command of Pompey Magnus.
  • On the breakup of the Roman Empire, Gaza became part of the Byzantine Empire as part of the Palaestina Prima province.
  • In 634, Gaza was besieged by the Rashidun army under general 'Amr ibn al-'As, with assistance from Khalid ibn al-Walid, following the Battle of Ajnadayn between the Byzantine Empire and the Rashidun Caliphate in central Palestine.
  • The Crusaders wrested control of Gaza from the Fatimids in 1100. According to the chronicler William of Tyre, the Crusaders found it uninhabited and in ruins.
  • The Ayyubid period of rule virtually ended in 1260, after the Mongols under Hulagu Khan completely destroyed Gazaā€”his southernmost point of conquest.
  • n 1516, Gazaā€”by now a small town with an inactive port, ruined buildings and reduced tradeā€”was incorporated into the Ottoman Empire.
  • Gaza was culturally dominated by neighboring Egypt from the early 19th century; Muhammad Ali of Egypt conquered it and most of Palestine in 1832.

• The Palestine Mandate was based on the principles contained in Article 22 of the draft Covenant of the League of Nations and the San Remo Resolution of 25 April 1920 by the principal Allied and associated powers after the First World War.
  • On 22 September 1948, towards the end of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the All-Palestine government was proclaimed in the Egyptian-occupied Gaza City by the Arab League.
  • After the dissolution of the All-Palestine Government in 1959, under the excuse of pan-Arabism, Egypt continued to occupy the Gaza Strip until 1967.
  • In June 1967, during the Six-Day War, Israel Defense Forces captured the Gaza Strip.
  • In May 1994, following the Palestinian-Israeli agreements known as the Oslo Accords, a phased transfer of governmental authority to the Palestinians took place.
  • In the Palestinian parliamentary elections held on 25 January 2006, Hamas won a plurality of 42.9% of the total vote and 74 out of 132 total seats (56%).

So let's look at the whole notion of the residents of Gaza. The place had been not decimated, devastated by various attackers throughout history. The term "Palestine" was a British invention, much like the other inventions they had over the region, like Iraq where three different tribal groups were forced together under an artificial national boundary. With the exception of 2006, the government of Gaza was for many generations imposed by some outside force, whether it was the Arab League, Egypt, Great Britain, or the Ottoman Empire. The term "Palestine" was just a way for the British to try to give a region a cultural identity by using terms used long ago. Tribal cultures, however, never blend well with so called "national" identities.
Cadet tzor

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:50 pm

tzor wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
tzor wrote:If you want to get technical, there is no such thing as a "Palestinian."

No, actually, if you want to get technical, there actually is a thing as a "Palestinian."

OK then, let's look at the history of the Gaza Strip on Wikipedia (again not an arm of the IDF).

• Settlement in the region of Gaza dates back to 3300ā€“3000 BCE at Tell as-Sakan
  • Gaza was rebuilt by consul Aulus Gabinius after it was incorporated into the Roman Empire in 63 BCE, under the command of Pompey Magnus.
  • On the breakup of the Roman Empire, Gaza became part of the Byzantine Empire as part of the Palaestina Prima province.
  • In 634, Gaza was besieged by the Rashidun army under general 'Amr ibn al-'As, with assistance from Khalid ibn al-Walid, following the Battle of Ajnadayn between the Byzantine Empire and the Rashidun Caliphate in central Palestine.
  • The Crusaders wrested control of Gaza from the Fatimids in 1100. According to the chronicler William of Tyre, the Crusaders found it uninhabited and in ruins.
  • The Ayyubid period of rule virtually ended in 1260, after the Mongols under Hulagu Khan completely destroyed Gazaā€”his southernmost point of conquest.
  • n 1516, Gazaā€”by now a small town with an inactive port, ruined buildings and reduced tradeā€”was incorporated into the Ottoman Empire.
  • Gaza was culturally dominated by neighboring Egypt from the early 19th century; Muhammad Ali of Egypt conquered it and most of Palestine in 1832.

• The Palestine Mandate was based on the principles contained in Article 22 of the draft Covenant of the League of Nations and the San Remo Resolution of 25 April 1920 by the principal Allied and associated powers after the First World War.
  • On 22 September 1948, towards the end of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the All-Palestine government was proclaimed in the Egyptian-occupied Gaza City by the Arab League.
  • After the dissolution of the All-Palestine Government in 1959, under the excuse of pan-Arabism, Egypt continued to occupy the Gaza Strip until 1967.
  • In June 1967, during the Six-Day War, Israel Defense Forces captured the Gaza Strip.
  • In May 1994, following the Palestinian-Israeli agreements known as the Oslo Accords, a phased transfer of governmental authority to the Palestinians took place.
  • In the Palestinian parliamentary elections held on 25 January 2006, Hamas won a plurality of 42.9% of the total vote and 74 out of 132 total seats (56%).

So let's look at the whole notion of the residents of Gaza. The place had been not decimated, devastated by various attackers throughout history. The term "Palestine" was a British invention, much like the other inventions they had over the region, like Iraq where three different tribal groups were forced together under an artificial national boundary. With the exception of 2006, the government of Gaza was for many generations imposed by some outside force, whether it was the Arab League, Egypt, Great Britain, or the Ottoman Empire. The term "Palestine" was just a way for the British to try to give a region a cultural identity by using terms used long ago. Tribal cultures, however, never blend well with so called "national" identities.

Did you read the article you just posted? Nothing in the Wikipedia article supports your (Newt Gingrich's) claim that "Palestinians don't exist." Posting a random article and then just adding on "see, I told you so," is a waste of your time and - more importantly - a waste of mine.

As for your thesis, I'll just say this - "Snake Indians" is a term created by European settlers to refer to a culturally, linguistically, and territorially connected group of aboriginal people in Idaho. That doesn't mean that, prior to a European creating the term "Snake Indian," this group of people didn't exist and simply fell out of the sky once a name was invoked. Similarly, the planet Mars existed prior to the Romans naming it. Your thesis indicates you have very poor logical reasoning skills.

It is very embarrassing for you to be confidently presenting historical knowledge on the basis of a claim that originated with an off-the-cuff remark in 2011 from Newt Gingrich during an interview with "the Jewish Channel" and simply was never part of the popular discourse prior to 3.5 years ago (Gingrich's racist pseudo-history was even walked-back by some former Israeli officials; here's another deconstruction of the Gingrich conspiracy that American Conservative did). I'm going to get ahead of the curve and tell you not to bother posting the Zuheir Mohsen quote that I know you've got coming next. You will end up looking even more silly if you do.
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Gillipig on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Allow me to laugh, HAH! As if the site could afford to ban people right now. That Dukasaur is so wasteful with his time that he actually volunteers as a moderator for a site like this only makes him even less likely to get banned. Though this was never worthy of a ban even if the site had a hundred thousand users and droves of volunteers, but now the mere thought is laughable. Besides, who gives a f*ck? CC's palestinian registered users can be counted on one hand. It's forum goers are even fewer, in fact they only have one, Saxi.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:52 pm

tzor wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Good job with calling critics anti-semites. I could go back a page and point out more stupidity from you, but it won't phase you.

Really? When did I call a ctiric an anti-semite? What was this person critical of? I was basically talking about Hamas. People who suggest that Hamas is not a terrorist organization with Nazi roots who want to completely remove all Jews from the land and are perfectly willing to use their own population in order to achieve that cause aren't critics, they are deniers!

This:

tzor wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:I'm still mystified as to why BBS, a fellow with strongly libertarian leanings, would advocate banning someone on this forum for what he's said...

There are a number of libertarians who are so against neo-con imperialist arguments that they tend to knee jerk favor the opposite side.

This is why many of them (including Ron Paul) occasionally seems to embrace the antisemitic side of the conflict.

Seems pretty ignorant.

You do realize that when people criticize Israel, it doesn't follow that they love Hamas, right?

If you realize this, then what's really your point?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:10 pm

BBS made a great point. Dr. Marc Ellis, the emeritus professor of Jewish Studies at Baylor, had a great article today on MondoWeiss that got to the heart of the scheme...

Deadlines with Israel should be redefined as bully-lines. Do this, right now, as we say ā€“ or continue to die.

Our Jewish arrival after the Holocaust is permanently redefined. Not security. Expansion. Not normalcy and reconciliation. Aggression without limit.

Take that Palestinians. Take that world. No one holdā€™s Israel ā€“ or Jews ā€“ to account.

The issue isnā€™t whether there will be weapons in Gaza. There will be more weapons after the agreement is reached. Instead of Hamas, the weapons will be in the hands of a submissive limited autonomy Palestinian Authority with Israel, Egypt, the United States and a host of other rogue states with their fingers on the triggers.

Contrary to popular understanding, Gaza under Hamas was somewhat diverse, with competing centers of power. After Cairo, Gaza might become a national security state ā€“ without nationality.

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/08/israels-n ... ent-page-1
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby BoganGod on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:38 pm

tzor wrote:

I know from bitter personal experience that self hate is strong in the jewish community. With intelligence comes introspection, which often may lead to existential angst and feelings of inadequacy..... Still after taking all that into account why in the hell would a CTIRIC(a particularly nasty racial slur for a jew from the caucasus region of the russia steppes) be making anti-semitic remarks? Unless of course this is a further evolution in the name game. Much like only a black person can use the "N" word, maybe only a jew can make anti jew remarks? If that is the case I'm so jealous of ethiopian jews, they can rag on anyone!
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:27 am

"Should Dukasaur be banned?"

Only if he's on the drums.

--Gomez
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Gillipig on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 am

BoganGod wrote:
tzor wrote:

I know from bitter personal experience that self hate is strong in the jewish community. With intelligence comes introspection, which often may lead to existential angst and feelings of inadequacy..... Still after taking all that into account why in the hell would a CTIRIC(a particularly nasty racial slur for a jew from the caucasus region of the russia steppes) be making anti-semitic remarks? Unless of course this is a further evolution in the name game. Much like only a black person can use the "N" word, maybe only a jew can make anti jew remarks? If that is the case I'm so jealous of ethiopian jews, they can rag on anyone!

Africans don't call each other niggers though, only African-americans are that classy.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby tzor on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:02 am

saxitoxin wrote:Did you read the article you just posted? Nothing in the Wikipedia article supports your (Newt Gingrich's) claim that "Palestinians don't exist." Posting a random article and then just adding on "see, I told you so," is a waste of your time and - more importantly - a waste of mine.

But I've never ever stated any agreement with Newt Gringrich's position in any manner whatsoever. My point was that there is no such notion of a "Palestinian" as a specific unified ethnic culture with a rich and deep history. It's like going into New York City and trying to suggest that the people in there have some sort of "New York State" (apologies for the fact that the city and the state share the same technical name) heritage. But in this case, the city of "New York" had belonged to the state of Connecticut and the state of New Jersey at one point in its recent history.

This can be seen in the election results of the two regions of "Palestine" where one went for one group and the other went for the other. The people of Gaza have very little in terms of a identity between those in the West Bank or even in the diaspora of Palestinians living in various neighboring countries in what basically amounts to camps. The history of Gaza was a history of various populations, including Christians and Jews.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:06 am

BoganGod wrote:I know from bitter personal experience that self hate is strong in the jewish community. With intelligence comes introspection, which often may lead to existential angst and feelings of inadequacy..... Still after taking all that into account why in the hell would a CTIRIC(a particularly nasty racial slur for a jew from the caucasus region of the russia steppes) be making anti-semitic remarks? Unless of course this is a further evolution in the name game. Much like only a black person can use the "N" word, maybe only a jew can make anti jew remarks? If that is the case I'm so jealous of ethiopian jews, they can rag on anyone!

WHAT? That's not what Mr. Webster says.

Latin criticus, from Greek kritikos, from kritikos able to discern or judge, from krinein

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of the argument.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:08 am

Gillipig wrote:Africans don't call each other niggers though, only African-americans are that classy.

NO, but some Africans do call other Africans "Nigerians" for a very good reason. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:59 am

tzor wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Africans don't call each other niggers though, only African-americans are that classy.

NO, but some Africans do call other Africans "Nigerians" for a very good reason. :twisted:

Because they are from Nigeria?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:36 pm

tzor wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Did you read the article you just posted? Nothing in the Wikipedia article supports your (Newt Gingrich's) claim that "Palestinians don't exist." Posting a random article and then just adding on "see, I told you so," is a waste of your time and - more importantly - a waste of mine.

But I've never ever stated any agreement with Newt Gringrich's position in any manner whatsoever. My point was that there is no such notion of a "Palestinian" as a specific unified ethnic culture with a rich and deep history. It's like going into New York City and trying to suggest that the people in there have some sort of "New York State" (apologies for the fact that the city and the state share the same technical name) heritage. But in this case, the city of "New York" had belonged to the state of Connecticut and the state of New Jersey at one point in its recent history.

This can be seen in the election results of the two regions of "Palestine" where one went for one group and the other went for the other. The people of Gaza have very little in terms of a identity between those in the West Bank or even in the diaspora of Palestinians living in various neighboring countries in what basically amounts to camps. The history of Gaza was a history of various populations, including Christians and Jews.

- First, yes, you are stating agreement with Newt Gingrich because he's the only person who has advanced this racist trope. If you're not, where did you hear it? Is this an original thesis by you?

- Second, the idea that election results are an indicator of ethnicity is - absolutely and without any doubt at all - the most stupid thing I've heard this month. "Nottingham North voted Labour in parliamentary elections - Lincoln voted Conservative. This proves there is no such thing as England or Englishmen. England is made-up!"

- Third, what may be true (not pseudo-science racist garbage based in an off-the-cuff remark by an American politician), supported by genetic research at Johns Hopkins and textual inquiry at Tel Aviv University, is that there is no such thing as Jews, that they are made-up and invented. I don't know for a fact, but it seems this "Palestinians don't exist" claim may have originated out of a "no, you are!" tantrum by Zionists to the discoveries of real, sober, scientific research that repudiates their already sketchy "claim" to Palestine (a claim that, even if it hadn't been debunked by genetics, would be laughable as it's not based on the modern idea that property title is established and transferred by contract, but that it's established and transferred by commandments from the spirit world delivered during a seance). I addressed the fiction of Jews here.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:15 pm

tzor wrote:

But I've never ever stated any agreement with Newt Gringrich's position in any manner whatsoever. My point was that there is no such notion of a "Palestinian" as a specific unified ethnic culture with a rich and deep history.

And saxi has already addressed that point, but you ignored it, so... the ball's still in your hands.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:33 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
tzor wrote:

But I've never ever stated any agreement with Newt Gringrich's position in any manner whatsoever. My point was that there is no such notion of a "Palestinian" as a specific unified ethnic culture with a rich and deep history.

And saxi has already addressed that point, but you ignored it, so... the ball's still in your hands.

I have no idea what this Gingrich said, how about you quote him and we'll see if they're saying the same thing?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 am

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
tzor wrote:

I have no idea what this Gingrich said, how about you quote him and we'll see if they're saying the same thing?

Haha, that's pretty good! I rolled my eyes and then realized you weren't tzor.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby KoolBak on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:37 am

I think Duk is an asset to this site so don't think he should be banned.... I AM amazed at the diversity of his influence, however, based on the content of this thread :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby JPcelticfc on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Saxi and BBS. You two are my heroes of the day.

Congratulations.
Lieutenant JPcelticfc

Postby pimpdave on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 pm

jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,