Conquer Club

Ferguson Issue

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Ferguson Issue

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:21 pm

The most basic problem is that we will never know for certain what happened. Why? Because the Ferguson cruiser did not have a camera recording the incident. That's simply not credible. "Law" "enforcement" in Ferguson apparently has at its disposal tear gas, riot gear, armored vehicles and machine guns ...but not a dashcam. That's ridiculous. I remember a few years ago when my one-man police department in New Hampshire purchased a camera for its cruiser. It's about as cheap and basic a police expense as there is.

Last year, my meek mild-mannered mumsy office manager was pulled over by an angry small-town cop in breach of her Fourth Amendment rights. The state lost in court because the officer's artful narrative and the usual faked-up-after-the-fact incident report did not match the dashcam footage. Three years ago, I was pulled over by an unmarked vehicle in Vermont and (to put it mildly) erroneously ticketed. In court, I was withering about the department's policy of no dashcams for unmarked cars, and traffic cops driving around pretending to be James Bond but without the super-secret spy camera. The judge loathed me (as judges tend to), but I won that case. In 2014, when a police cruiser doesn't have a camera, it's a conscious choice. And it should be regarded as such.

http://www.steynonline.com/6524/cigars-but-not-close

In other words, given the bureaucratic incentives at play, it's more likely that the cop murdered the kid--as opposed to having good reason to kill him in self-defense.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: Ferguson Issue

Postby DaGip on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:17 pm

The kid stole some cigars, he deserved to be executed in the streets.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby notyou2 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:45 pm

DaGip wrote:The kid stole some cigars, he deserved to be executed in the streets.

Cuban cigars?
Captain notyou2

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:22 am

DaGip wrote:The kid stole some cigars, he deserved to be executed in the streets.

dafuq he thinkin'

--Gomez
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:17 am

On-person police cameras would have resolved this issue already.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby GoranZ on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 am

How would American media cover Ferguson if it happened in another country like Russia or China :)

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/15/6005587/fe ... ssia-china
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
General GoranZ

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:53 am

Woodruff wrote:On-person police cameras would have resolved this issue already.

They would--assuming the officers can't turn them off or later delete the videos.

But this isn't how government and budgeting works. On-person cameras are much cheaper than Armored vehicles and military weapons and what not, but somehow all those weapons are bought and the on-person cameras are largely neglected. The incentive for ensuring police service that serves the public good is pretty weak compared to the incentive for maximizing budgets, increasing officer safety (v. public safety), and decreasing accountability.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby mrswdk on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 pm

GoranZ wrote:How would American media cover Ferguson if it happened in another country like Russia or China :)

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/15/6005587/fe ... ssia-china

:lol:
Lieutenant mrswdk

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,