Conquer Club

The official I am leaving the site thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The official I am leaving the site thread

Postby demonfork on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 pm

You have fucked me over for the last time. Your bullshit untested changes to this site have managed to f*ck this place over beyond belief.

I've now been fucked out of 2 games in the last week because you have managed to f*ck up the ability to play on my iphone.

You are a fucking amature. You don't deserve to be in a position to f*ck this site up the way that you have.

If you were in front of me right now if punch you in your stupid fucking face.

You have failed on such a massive fucking scale that I'm beside myself with disbelief. I don't think you could have done a better job fucking this site up if you tried.

I've been supporting this site for 6 fucking years. I've bought countless players premium memberships and I've recommend this place to practically everyone who would listen.

I'm done with that shit, you won't get another fucking dime out of me as long as you own this once great site.

You're a fucking clown! I wouldn't cross the street to piss on your head if you were on fire.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Re: F-UCK YOU BIG WHAM!!

Postby shickingbrits on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:12 pm

What if he was on fire right next to you?
Sergeant shickingbrits

Re: The official I am leaving the site thread

Postby TeeGee on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:17 pm

I think the site needs an official I'm leaving thread,and it should be shared with our more vocal friends

so renamed to something more appropriate and moved
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Re: F-UCK YOU BIG WHAM!!

Postby demonfork on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:22 pm

shickingbrits wrote:What if he was on fire right next to you?

I still wouldn't.

Postby nietzsche on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:38 pm

TeeGee wrote:I think the site needs an official I'm leaving thread,and it should be shared with our more vocal friends

Nice way to downplay Gary's legitimate complaint, Gary.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Why was this moved to OT? This is a CC thread.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:54 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Why was this moved to OT? This is a CC thread.

They can't take it anymore.

I'm starting to believe they care a lot about bigWham and CC and they're in denial.

Out of sight, out of mind.
General nietzsche

Postby TeeGee on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:42 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Why was this moved to OT? This is a CC thread.

They can't take it anymore.

I'm starting to believe they care a lot about bigWham and CC and they're in denial.

Out of sight, out of mind.

More will see it here than there, and no denial here

out of mind? you? never

Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:14 am

I'm leafing for good!

--Gomez
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:50 am

nietzsche wrote:
TeeGee wrote:I think the site needs an official I'm leaving thread,and it should be shared with our more vocal friends

It's not a legitimate complaint. By his own admission he's still playing with obsolete add-ons like BOB instead of Panel mode. Scrap that shit, uninstall BOB and the 22 other pointless add-ons that are slowing down the system, use the built-in Map Inspect that now works reliably instead of BOB, use the built-in clickies instead of the add-on ones, get with the new program.

For all the years of lackattack, all you ever heard in GD was, "When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980. When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980. When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980. When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980."

A thousand voices in unison, "When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980."

Well, somebody finally came along who is modernising the site. It no longer looks like something from 1980. And now the chant is "Stop changing the site! Stop changing the site! Stop changing the site!"

People wanted the site modernised, and they thought that would happen without any changes? WTF?

With big changes come bugs, sure, but almost all of them are hunted down within days. But when a bug is cleared, you have to play along and clear your cache. If you don't, shit codes the bug produced will stay in your browser and keep causing problems for you long after everybody else has a smooth experience.

I hear all these complaints about lag. I've had some lag on the forums, but I have not seen noticeable lag in games in over two months, probably three. I have had a couple games (well, five actually) ruined due to bugs of one kind or another in the last few months, but I've probably played a thousand games in that time frame. Five out of a thousand is not a terrible number.

Scrap the worst scripts, like Watch This Game. That one was a RAM-gobbling killer even before the changes started, it's far worse now. Scrap BOB, start using Panel mode, and instead of approaching it with a hostile attitude, actually treat it like something you want to learn. Maybe you'll find that although it has a few quirks, it's a lot smoother than BOB, and it certainly causes a lot less stress to the system, because it was written as part of the site, not as a gorrilla climbing up the garden wall.

Except for temporary bugs, the site is running really smoothly most of the time now, except for people who have developed a hate for bigWham and stubbornly cling to their bugs instead of clearing their cache and scrapping their scripts. You know what that is? That's called confirmation bias. If you want to hate something, you can always find something to hate about it. I hated DEVO when they first came out. I could tell you a thousand things to say about how stupid DEVO is and how bad they suck. Guess what? One day, I decided to just clear my brain and listen to them with an open mind. Now they're one of my favourite bands. That's all it takes, is a decision to stop hating and re-examine things with an open mind.

All those years of people bitching about how lackattack never made any updates, and now someone finally makes some updates and they won't cut him some slack. It's truly terrible.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby demonfork on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:16 am

Dukasaur wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

It's not a legitimate complaint. By his own admission he's still playing with obsolete add-ons like BOB instead of Panel mode. Scrap that shit, uninstall BOB and the 22 other pointless add-ons that are slowing down the system, use the built-in Map Inspect that now works reliably instead of BOB, use the built-in clickies instead of the add-on ones, get with the new program.

For all the years of lackattack, all you ever heard in GD was, "When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980. When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980. When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980. When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980."

A thousand voices in unison, "When are you going to modernise the UI? The site looks like something from 1980."

Well, somebody finally came along who is modernising the site. It no longer looks like something from 1980. And now the chant is "Stop changing the site! Stop changing the site! Stop changing the site!"

People wanted the site modernised, and they thought that would happen without any changes? WTF?

With big changes come bugs, sure, but almost all of them are hunted down within days. But when a bug is cleared, you have to play along and clear your cache. If you don't, shit codes the bug produced will stay in your browser and keep causing problems for you long after everybody else has a smooth experience.

I hear all these complaints about lag. I've had some lag on the forums, but I have not seen noticeable lag in games in over two months, probably three. I have had a couple games (well, five actually) ruined due to bugs of one kind or another in the last few months, but I've probably played a thousand games in that time frame. Five out of a thousand is not a terrible number.

Scrap the worst scripts, like Watch This Game. That one was a RAM-gobbling killer even before the changes started, it's far worse now. Scrap BOB, start using Panel mode, and instead of approaching it with a hostile attitude, actually treat it like something you want to learn. Maybe you'll find that although it has a few quirks, it's a lot smoother than BOB, and it certainly causes a lot less stress to the system, because it was written as part of the site, not as a gorrilla climbing up the garden wall.

Except for temporary bugs, the site is running really smoothly most of the time now, except for people who have developed a hate for bigWham and stubbornly cling to their bugs instead of clearing their cache and scrapping their scripts. You know what that is? That's called confirmation bias. If you want to hate something, you can always find something to hate about it. I hated DEVO when they first came out. I could tell you a thousand things to say about how stupid DEVO is and how bad they suck. Guess what? One day, I decided to just clear my brain and listen to them with an open mind. Now they're one of my favourite bands. That's all it takes, is a decision to stop hating and re-examine things with an open mind.

All those years of people bitching about how lackattack never made any updates, and now someone finally makes some updates and they won't cut him some slack. It's truly terrible.

You're totally clueless and haven't understood anything.

Furthermore, when did I ever say that I'm using add-ons?

I'M ON A FUCKING IPHONE YOU FUCKING MOOK!!! WHAT FUCKING ADD-ONS ARE AVAILABLE ON AN IPHONE YOU STUPID f*ck!

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:27 am

That is one admitted failure. The site doesn't work well on iPhones. Apparantly other smartphones it works okay, but iPhones specifically have something about the OS that the programmers can't get around.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby demonfork on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 am

Dukasaur wrote:That is one admitted failure. The site doesn't work well on iPhones. Apparantly other smartphones it works okay, but iPhones specifically have something about the OS that the programmers can't get around.

Brilliant! The site doesn't work with the most ubiquitous smart phone on the planet!

But oh wait, I never had issues using my iphone before your recent "upgrades".

Postby betiko on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:15 am

I will only be playing clan games until further notice. I have had 0 active games for the last month. Does my statement work in this thread?
Major betiko

Postby Serbia on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:53 am

I will only be playing tournament games until further notice. I have had 0 active games for the last month. Does my statement work in this thread?

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 am

you never heard me say modernize the UI. i never heard such an outcry about it either like you are dramatizing. it is pretty plain to see the unpopularity of whats going on now tho'. i deadbeated all my games because of the difficulty i was having taking the turns. whether things will get better or not i doubt it will matter to all the people who will leave the site.

i dont have any interest in reworking my computer to make things were i like them. im not a computer scientist. whatever addons i jad that was working fine up till a few months ago did not take a day to get right. that was 2 years of adjusting and fine tuning things the way i liked them to be. now its all garbage and i have to go back and relearn things? thats doubtful.

watch this game was pretty much the best tool that a TO could use/have. now its trash. i abanded all six tournaments i was running because i just quit giving a rats ass about how to navigate around all the bull and trying to keep track of finished games.

my active games are at zero. i will not be joining anymore lest i screww up and join a game where i cant take my turns anymore.

the only enjoyment i get out of this site now is reading through the numerous new threads about how much of a train wreck this new takeover has become. and i cant help that.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby pimpdave on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:50 am

demonfork wrote:You have fucked me over for the last time. Your bullshit untested changes to this site have managed to f*ck this place over beyond belief.

I've now been fucked out of 2 games in the last week because you have managed to f*ck up the ability to play on my iphone.

You are a fucking amature. You don't deserve to be in a position to f*ck this site up the way that you have.

If you were in front of me right now if punch you in your stupid fucking face.

You have failed on such a massive fucking scale that I'm beside myself with disbelief. I don't think you could have done a better job fucking this site up if you tried.

I've been supporting this site for 6 fucking years. I've bought countless players premium memberships and I've recommend this place to practically everyone who would listen.

I'm done with that shit, you won't get another fucking dime out of me as long as you own this once great site.

You're a fucking clown! I wouldn't cross the street to piss on your head if you were on fire.

Taking a step back and reading this, this dude just sounds like a junkie who got a couple bum bags. Throw him a freebie or two and he should be fine.

Don't worry too much about his anger, he's just a fiend...
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:58 am

demonfork wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:That is one admitted failure. The site doesn't work well on iPhones. Apparantly other smartphones it works okay, but iPhones specifically have something about the OS that the programmers can't get around.

Brilliant! The site doesn't work with the most ubiquitous smart phone on the planet!

But oh wait, I never had issues using my iphone before your recent "upgrades".

I used to play on an iPhone, and still do. Exactly what is it that "doesn't fucking work"? Because as I write this, I'm on my iPhone yet again (as I am everyday at work) and seems to be working just fine.

If you do have an issue , fill out a bug report instead of making a "bug report" with no information and just bitching and cussing everybody out. Then we might actually be able to help you.

IcePack
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jackal31 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 am

I was curious to know about "all the people" who were complaining about the "old school" system? How many was it.....8?

I posted this somewhere else, but the product I bought into is not the same as the product I currently have. This isnt a BETA site, this is a product that was sold to the public that has now been modified without my permission. I too share the same anger toward all these changes.

Aside from the add-ons and restrictions, these changes have caused people who were'nt complaining with the "old system" to now come out and voice their displeasure with the "new system." Did anyone try to discuss these ideas with the public before making all these decisions? Maybe we should have kept other things in place until all the "weeds" were "weeded." It is very annoying to have to combat these things when I am trying to have a good time. I shouldn't have to combat anything to have a good time.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby 2dimes on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby a6mzero on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 pm

I have no problems playing on an iphone. Im staying I like the site.
Major a6mzero

Postby Robespierre__ on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:24 pm

I hate playing on my iPhone but have never had a problem playing on it. I love this site. I am staying.

I also like Demonfork and sincerely hope he stays. Same goes for Betiko.
Colonel Robespierre__

Postby notyou2 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:11 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:I'm leafing for good!

--Gomez

You're cute, wanna go out sometime?
Captain notyou2

Postby nietzsche on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Robespierre__ wrote:I hate playing on my iPhone but have never had a problem playing on it. I love this site. I am staying.

I also like Demonfork and sincerely hope he stays. Same goes for Betiko.

is betiko leaving too?
General nietzsche

Postby KoolBak on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:47 pm

G'bye y'all (waves a hearty farewell to departing pilgrims)
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,