Conquer Club

NFL season 14-15

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NFL season 14-15

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:So Strike, you feel pretty good about your Falcons?

Just a heads up, Tampa's offense was run by Wyoming's ex-OC last night. And even at the college level he was pretty bad.

Still can't believe that they cut Brett Smith for THAT kind of performance. I call BS on that.

Yes and no. I think our offense when it performs is very good. I still have a lot of doubts about our defense. If nothing changes, I see the Falcons making the playoffs and probably even a push for the Super Bowl but I don't see them making it to the Super Bowl this year. Still if they could upset Seattle along the way, I would be happy.

For the record, I am expecting them to be about 10-6 give or take a game at the end of the season. I think we'll probably split our games against Carolina and lose our second against the Saints and either end up as 3rd or 5th seed depending on if we win our division. We're good enough that I think we can make it past the first round but we will see.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

I don't trust either the Saints or Falcons. Both have suspect defenses.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Lions will win the North. It's going to happen, so get ready.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Bill Simmons suspended 3 weeks for saying, on his podcast, that its "fucking bullshit" that Goodell didn't know or see what happened in the elevator with Ray Rice.

Fucking bullshit move by ESPN, sucking the NFL's balls.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Bill Simmons suspended 3 weeks for saying, on his podcast, that its "fucking bullshit" that Goodell didn't know or see what happened in the elevator with Ray Rice.

This is why I love when Bane takes over Gotham. f*ck Chicago, and f*ck the NFL. Actually, f*ck everyone trying to sell anything. PR people suck.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby ZornSlayer on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:27 pm

We should not be talked about his bans or reinstatement. We should be talking about his execution.
Lieutenant ZornSlayer

Postby Serbia on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 pm

ZornSlayer wrote:We should not be talked about his bans or reinstatement. We should be talking about his execution.

Who are you talking about? Ray Rice? Adrian Peterson? Greg Hardy? Ray McDonald? Who? And explain to me exactly what crime you want to see punished with death, please.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Bill Simmons suspended 3 weeks for saying, on his podcast, that its "fucking bullshit" that Goodell didn't know or see what happened in the elevator with Ray Rice.

Total, utter, complete bullshit.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby oVo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:13 pm

It's funny that athletes in America are held to higher standards of accountability for their behavior than the US Congress. Of course the difference is that Congressmen aren't expected to be role models.
Major oVo

Postby tzor on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:08 pm

pancakemix wrote:No, because the AFL is a spring league and somewhat of a different sport, so it's not in direct competition with the NFL. Likewise the LFL isn't competing with the NFL in the same way a league like the AFL might for personnel or target audience (well, maybe it's the same, but not for the same reasons). It's also a spring league.

AFL is really a entirely different sport. Keep in mind that the NFL is not hierarchical, their "farm system" as it were is the college level football system. Players of the AFL are actually at a disadvantage compared to players in the college football system. If you consider, for example MLB, there are whole minor leagues but at the same time there are independent leagues as well. Players from the independent leagues frequently move up to the majors and the MLB franchises routinely scout these independent league teams for potential talent.

And the LFL is also an entirely different sport for other reasons.
Cadet tzor

Postby notyou2 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:06 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I don't trust either the Saints or Falcons. Both have suspect defenses.

There's a lot of suspects in the NFL.
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:09 pm

ZornSlayer wrote:We should not be talked about his bans or reinstatement. We should be talking about his execution.

This should be in the Thread for Random Executions. You are out of order miss.

Where's owenshooter when you need him?
Captain notyou2

Postby pancakemix on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Nevermind the off-the-field incidents, how about these Thursday games? Three straight blowouts. That's bad for business, NFL. Tsk tsk.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Thursday night games are a terrible idea in general. Not nearly enough time to practice, prepare and recover.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby pancakemix on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Thursday night games are a terrible idea in general. Not nearly enough time to practice, prepare and recover.

But great for ad revenue, if the game's worth watching. Especially now that they're airing on one of the big four networks.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Thursday night games are a terrible idea in general. Not nearly enough time to practice, prepare and recover.

But great for ad revenue, if the game's worth watching. Especially now that they're airing on one of the big four networks.

Yeah, which is why its only a matter of time until we see more games and more often.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Perhaps I fooled myself into thinking the Cincinnati game happened because they were a good team and it was a bit of an anomaly performance but I guess the Falcons just don't play that great on the road. Bridgewater looked good. Could see why he was highly recruited.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby oVo on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

Yeah, which is why its only a matter of time until we see more games and more often.

It's all about the money... ESPN already bought up the bowl games
and it's only a matter of time before they corner all the markets.
Major oVo

Postby oVo on Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:13 pm

A couple stunners today...
How Bout Them COWBOYS!
Major oVo

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,