Conquer Club

NFL season 14-15

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

NFL season 14-15

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:32 pm

I refuse to post in the DoomYoshi thread.

also, Ray Rice has been released.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: NFL season 14-15

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:53 pm

I watched tiny bits of a 3 games yesterday. I'll be more interested teams have a few more games under their belt.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:00 pm

f*ck you in your face! I was just coming to update the other thread about Ray Rice.

I don't understand why they released Ray Rice... isn't that like Double Jeopardy or something?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Serbia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:19 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:f*ck you in your face! I was just coming to update the other thread about Ray Rice.

I don't understand why they released Ray Rice... isn't that like Double Jeopardy or something?

Should have happened from the beginning. But yeah, I don't get it. First offense, even if they follow their own rules, he should only be banned for 6 games. The video really shouldn't make it any worse. You don't gently knock someone out.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Serbia wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:f*ck you in your face! I was just coming to update the other thread about Ray Rice.

Should have happened from the beginning. But yeah, I don't get it. First offense, even if they follow their own rules, he should only be banned for 6 games. The video really shouldn't make it any worse. You don't gently knock someone out.

Bollocks.

It's more or less because the video confirmed it. Rice is gone, and honestly, should be locked up.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:17 pm

I can't stand Berman
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I can't stand Berman

I met him on Labor Day. Nice guy.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Missed most of the Detroit-NYG game. Did Detroit look that good? Or did the Giants look that bad?

Anyways, there is no gentle way to commit physical assault, so going by that ruling it should be 6 games but I think this became a mix of first cover our asses by giving him the max we can and second say it's because he lied to us that we really came down on him (known in baseball as the A-Rod sentencing). I know a lot is lost from not having audio in this video but what bugs me as much as him seemingly intentionally provoking a reaction, hitting her and then dragging her is just how calm and collected he seemed to be on the video. At no point before knocking her out does he appear panicked about her acting violently towards him or even all that angry nor afterwards does he seem to show any kind of concern over the situation until he's out of the elevator and trying to keep up appearances (at one point it even appears that he kicks her in the side like he's trying to painfully force her awake).
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby oVo on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:32 pm

Rumbling, bumbling and stumbling out of the elevator.
Isn't that woman now his wife? Seems if she can go on
with him... the Ravens could too.

I'm guessing the video displays more than was revealed
when the incident first came to light.

Week One pretty much went as expected, with the exception
of the Patriots and close games.

I didn't see the NYG/Lions game, but the box score looks like
Manning did a Romo... and Megatron is back!
Major oVo

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 pm

Here's the video. I'll give a warning that it does have some graphic imagery.

Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby danfrank666 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:14 am

Army of GOD wrote:I refuse to post in the DoomYoshi thread.

also, Ray Rice has been released.

Oh, now that we saw him hit her glass jaw . its utterly reprehensible :lol: The whole problem is that ESPN is being used to hold the athletes and owners (etc.) to the highest standards . We saw it ( the video) for the first time today and it changed things. Why didn`t the first video that showed him dragging her body out of the elevator resonate this way. Is this about ray rices wife ? Do they feel sorry for her ? NO, they wish to punish her even further by putting her husband out of work :roll: Black listing him.( sorry for rambling) anyway my original point is , the media should hold the politicians to these standards .
Cadet danfrank666

Postby nietzsche on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 pm

bitch had it coming, she probably said no when he asked her to make him a sandwich
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:59 pm

nietzsche wrote:bitch had it coming, she probably said no when he asked her to make him a sandwich

inb4 lock
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:06 pm

HAO IZ SHE SPOST TO MAK A SANWICH IN ELVATOR?:??
Major DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 pm

My initial reaction was that he deserved the ban and release. I am not sure he doesn't but considering the severity of his sentencing compared to others with felonies and similar crimes than the reaction does not work with the system.

Oh, now that we saw him hit her glass jaw . its utterly reprehensible :lol: The whole problem is that ESPN is being used to hold the athletes and owners (etc.) to the highest standards . We saw it ( the video) for the first time today and it changed things. Why didn`t the first video that showed him dragging her body out of the elevator resonate this way.

Actually there was already a lot of backlash. This definitely amped it up but this was still news about him getting too soft of a penalty before the new video came out. Not to say there wasn't an uproar about the new video but it isn't new news.

NO, they wish to punish her even further by putting her husband out of work

I might be tempted to feel more sorry for them if he wasn't a multiple million dollar athlete who is still owed more severance money than most of us will make over the course of our life times.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Serbia on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:44 pm

strike wolf wrote:Missed most of the Detroit-NYG game. Did Detroit look that good? Or did the Giants look that bad?

Stafford was impressive, and yes, the Giants looked bad. However, the way Stafford played was very encouraging as a Lions fan. His footwork was good, in fact, on the first touchdown to Calvin, he side-stepped the pressure, which allowed him to find Megatron all alone for a 67 yard TD. Even the second score, 3rd and long, Stafford had to scramble and found CJ in the back of the endzone on an awkward through which connected. Stafford even ran one in for a score, juking a defender before lowering his shoulder and popping in for the TD. Overall, impressive. Sure, the Lions still committed stupid penalties, and benefited from Eli sucking, and the Giants in general sucking, but still, they beat up on a bad team in an impressive manner, and Stafford didn't make mistakes.

Sunday's game against Carolina should be a more realistic look at where Detroit is.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby danfrank666 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 am

Serbia wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Missed most of the Detroit-NYG game. Did Detroit look that good? Or did the Giants look that bad?

Stafford was impressive, and yes, the Giants looked bad. However, the way Stafford played was very encouraging as a Lions fan. His footwork was good, in fact, on the first touchdown to Calvin, he side-stepped the pressure, which allowed him to find Megatron all alone for a 67 yard TD. Even the second score, 3rd and long, Stafford had to scramble and found CJ in the back of the endzone on an awkward through which connected. Stafford even ran one in for a score, juking a defender before lowering his shoulder and popping in for the TD. Overall, impressive. Sure, the Lions still committed stupid penalties, and benefited from Eli sucking, and the Giants in general sucking, but still, they beat up on a bad team in an impressive manner, and Stafford didn't make mistakes.

Sunday's game against Carolina should be a more realistic look at where Detroit is.

Bollocks.

Detroit started fast last year too... I`m hoping they can atleast make the tourney this year . It would be good for detroit , The football can bail the city out if they win some playoff games. You know people dont have enough money to pay there damn water bills . No blackouts in detroit... :mrgreen:

One more thing , who the hell is carolina , you meant week 3 against the packers right ;)
Cadet danfrank666

Postby pancakemix on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:30 pm

danfrank666 wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Bollocks.

Detroit started fast last year too... I`m hoping they can atleast make the tourney this year . It would be good for detroit , The football can bail the city out if they win some playoff games. You know people dont have enough money to pay there damn water bills . No blackouts in detroit... :mrgreen:

One more thing , who the hell is carolina , you meant week 3 against the packers right ;)

I wouldn't be so sure. Carolina looked good with Derek Anderson at quarterback. DEREK. ANDERSON. (Also, the Pack looked pretty bad against the 'Hawks anywho.

Also, there's a cop saying the NFL had the tape from inside the elevator in April. If that proves true, it could mean the end for Goodell.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby patches70 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 am

The answer is- "Yes".
Private patches70

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:44 am

Carolina's pretty damn good again, I don't know why people are writing them off.

also, this whole Ray Rice/Goodell thing is ridiculous. I hope Goodell is forced to resign.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:18 am

Army of GOD wrote:Carolina's pretty damn good again, I don't know why people are writing them off.

also, this whole Ray Rice/Goodell thing is ridiculous. I hope Goodell is forced to resign.

Nice, now Donald Sterling can buy the NFL.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Now a former FBI chief is involved. Because this is the NFL; if they're going to go down in flames, it's gonna be the biggest fire the North has ever seen.

Also, gimme the Steelers tonight.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby danfrank666 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:32 pm

pancakemix wrote:Now a former FBI chief is involved. Because this is the NFL; if they're going to go down in flames, it's gonna be the biggest fire the North has ever seen.

Also, gimme the Steelers tonight.

Now the NFL is going to corrupt a former FBI GUY. The first video doesnt show rice acting out in anyway ,for all you know the bitch( not really ) could have drank to much and passed out , So , In order to log a valid accusation against ray , the evident video was definitely viewed by the NFL. One thing for sure , The NFL doesn`t impose penalties against players with out some sort of concrete proof.
Cadet danfrank666

Postby notyou2 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:21 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:HAO IZ SHE SPOST TO MAK A SANWICH IN ELVATOR?:??

Its sammich......sam meetch
Captain notyou2

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Hope none of you had Adrian Peterson in your fantasy Line up
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,