Conquer Club

Democracy is a beautiful thing after all....

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Democracy is a beautiful thing after all....

Postby Gillipig on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 pm

It may not work but it's a beautiful thing.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: Democracy is a beautiful thing after all....

Postby notyou2 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:16 pm

Link please so we may refute your claim.
Captain notyou2

Postby tzor on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Democracy is the cart.

The horse is the notion of natural law and inalienable human rights.

You can't put the cart before the horse, you can't have a cart work without the horse.
Cadet tzor

Postby Arama86n on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Gillipig wrote:It may not work but it's a beautiful thing.

mmm vänsterpartister i regering för första gången är verkligen anledning att fira
:cry: :cry: :cry:

He is celebrating the fact that the party that has been celebrated as the most competent during the financial crises in the whole of the EU has lost the election, in favor of an uncertain future of environmental yuppies that want to follow Germany's example and close the nuclear power-plants in favor of coal... oh, and the communist party.

clap... clap... weep...

The horror.
Major Arama86n

Postby notyou2 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:31 pm

tzor wrote:Democracy is the cart.

You can't put the cart before the horse, you can't have a cart work without the horse.

Yes you can, you get sheep to pull it.
Captain notyou2

Postby Gillipig on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:31 pm

tzor wrote:Democracy is the cart.

The horse is the notion of natural law and inalienable human rights.

You don't need the cart nor the horse if you get a car. A car can of course speed out of control if it's not properly managed by a skilled driver, but a skilled driver will always be more competent than a bunch of horses each pulling in different directions. For me it comes down to risk vs gain evaluement.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Arama86n wrote:

mmm vänsterpartister i regering för första gången är verkligen anledning att fira

He is celebrating the fact that the party that has been celebrated as the most competent during the financial crises in the whole of the EU has lost the election, in favor of an uncertain future of environmental yuppies that want to follow Germany's example and close the nuclear power-plants in favor of coal... oh, and the communist party.

clap... clap... weep...

The horror.

Not at all, I'm saying that this election has shown how incompetent we are at choosing who shall represent us (hence why "it doesn't work"), I still think that it is a beautiful thing though and don't want to give it up. But it is leading us down the shitter.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby tzor on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Gillipig wrote:You don't need the cart nor the horse if you get a car.

Most cars are carts with mechanical horses in the front. (Yes the old VW Beetles were an exception, the engine was in the back.)
Cadet tzor

Postby warmonger1981 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:06 pm

There is no America, there is no democracy. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies The world is a college of corporations inexorably determined by the immutably bylaws of business. The world is a business. Everything is potential capital.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:20 pm

warmonger1981 wrote:There is no America, there is no democracy. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies The world is a college of corporations inexorably determined by the immutably bylaws of business. The world is a business. Everything is potential capital.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

clap... clap... weep...

The horror.

Not at all, I'm saying that this election has shown how incompetent we are at choosing who shall represent us (hence why "it doesn't work"), I still think that it is a beautiful thing though and don't want to give it up. But it is leading us down the shitter.

Is this a form of faith?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby mrswdk on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 am

Sounds like the diary entry of a battered wife.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 am

All of the above.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 am

you can't say that in Texas... the texas board of education will no longer allow it in text books!!

The board also required that the U.S. be referred to as a “constitutional republic” rather than a “democratic” one.

lunatic texans... you have to love them...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 am

tzor wrote:
Gillipig wrote:You don't need the cart nor the horse if you get a car.

Most cars are carts with mechanical horses in the front. (Yes the old VW Beetles were an exception, the engine was in the back.)

I think you missed my point.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

clap... clap... weep...

The horror.

Is this a form of faith?

"Hope" perhaps, not a loud and confident hopefullness that so many politicians pretend to possess, but a subtle hope in that one day we might make it work, and that it might be worth suffering the consequences until that day.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 am

This election was fun...NOT... democracy as it is/was meant to be might still work but parlamentary democrazy (:)) is not working very well. It will be intresting to see if the brown necks in riksdag will crash this government next budget vote! But damn, the alliance took us through one hell of a financial crisis and we repay em by voting on the opposition... and the opposition does seem to be really, relly good at their work...NOT oh well we can look forward to 4 years of social experementation and raised taxes :) 32-35% isnt enough for some it seems:)
Major Lord Arioch

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:31 am

Lord Arioch wrote:This election was fun...NOT... democracy as it is/was meant to be might still work but parlamentary democrazy (:)) is not working very well. It will be intresting to see if the brown necks in riksdag will crash this government next budget vote! But damn, the alliance took us through one hell of a financial crisis and we repay em by voting on the opposition... and the opposition does seem to be really, relly good at their work...NOT oh well we can look forward to 4 years of social experementation and raised taxes :) 32-35% isnt enough for some it seems:)

I'm not buying that we were doing so well under the alliance, clearly people were not satisfied with how things were being run, having said that the situation we're in now is not gonna be any better, further down the road though this might prove to be the straw that breaks the camels back. And then perhaps we migth finally get a competent democracy that actually works. These are interesting an turbulent times but that is always the case when a country is going through radical change, it's not always that it turns out well though so we have to look out for that.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Lord Arioch on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:34 am

Agreed! The brownnecks in riksdag will make democratic work intresting... the problem is i really dont like Löfven... at all! And MP brrr damn hippies... as u say intresting times :) but i would much rather have had a strong government even a Löfven one! minoroty goverment kind of suck!
Major Lord Arioch

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:41 am

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

clap... clap... weep...

The horror.

Is this a form of faith?

"Hope" perhaps, not a loud and confident hopefullness that so many politicians pretend to possess, but a subtle hope in that one day we might make it work, and that it might be worth suffering the consequences until that day.

You're starting to sound like a fundamentalist.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Arama86n wrote:

clap... clap... weep...

The horror.

Is this a form of faith?

You're starting to sound like a fundamentalist.

How's that? Is supporting democracy even when it struggles an extreme political standpoint? Feel free to elaborate on that.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby tzor on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Gillipig wrote:I think you missed my point.

I think I flat out ignored your point.
Cadet tzor

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 pm

tzor wrote:

And I've got a little TIP for you, get the POINT?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

tzor wrote:

Either way you scored no points. You should be substituted asap. COACH! GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE! HE'S DRAGGING THE TEAM DOWN!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:21 pm

warmonger1981 wrote:There is no America, there is no democracy. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies The world is a college of corporations inexorably determined by the immutably bylaws of business. The world is a business. Everything is potential capital.

Which might be why its hardly made the standard news outlets that Phillip Morris is suing Uruguay in the world court over packaging rules for cigarettes.. packages that are saving lives.
They claim that the package changes violate trade agreements.

And... Australia is apparently next, if they win
Corporal PLAYER57832

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,