Conquer Club

Global Warming

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Global Warming

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:19 pm

ConfSS is clearly NOT looking at the evidence. He dismisses the CLEAR SCIENTIFIC evidence by saying things like the earth Cools and Heats up.("The Earth has ,heated up, cooled off....Heated up cooled off... Throughout eons and eons...With or without Humans")

Sure it does, but, LIKE CC DICE, they are SUPPOSED to even out and not be trending in only ONE direction MOST of the time.

Most of the 24 earth zone heat and few, like only one or two, cool. THAT is NOT NORMAL. Most of the hottest RECORDED temperatures for the year and for the season have been in the past 5-10 years, again, NOT NORMAL. CO2 rates keep climbing. THAT is a direct link to fossil fuels NO matter who is using them.

And lastly, for now, LOOK at photos of GLACIERS and their retreat. That to me is the most COGENT evidence of how BAD this is NOW and will continue to get over the next 1-30 years, without intervention and good STEWARDSHIP by ALL HUMANS on earth.

JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:----------[size=200]THE CHINESE HAVE SAID...TO THE WORLD...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT

Care to share that quote? As far as I'm aware it's only the former USA leader who has said he doesn't care about the environment.

ConfederateSS wrote:THEY ARE GOING TO KEEP THEIR PRODUCTION UP.... Releasing C O 2...Slave / Slave labor...The World says nothing,because it is CHINA....

Entirely and verifiably untrue. The 'world' has been riding China as hard as they can, though very few countries can actually flex any political power to affect change in China. Since 'the world' had it's chance to stay together as a united force to politically pressure China recently, but as you may recall Trump entirely pulled out of the global agreement (which admittedly was far from prefect, or even biding) but you can't sit here and say 'the world says nothing' when it's the US republican leadership that dropped an atomic bomb on 'the worlds' efforts the have some degree of accountability levied towards China.

You don't get to say 'global warming is a fake conspiracy' in one post, and then claim 'the world doesn't hold China accountable for global warming' in the very next one. Your hypocrisy is stinking up the place
'
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:38 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:The Earth has ,heated up, cooled off....Heated up cooled off... Throughout eons and eons.

Of course it has. But most natural heating/cooling phases played out over thousands, tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of years, giving life a chance to adapt.

The last time the earth heated up this fast, at the end of the Permian period 250 million years ago, it was the single greatest shock the biosphere has ever known. Known as the "Great Dying", it resulted in the loss of "57% of biological families, 83% of genera, 81% of marine species[8][9][10] and 70% of terrestrial vertebrate species." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian%E2%80%93Triassic_extinction_event Life took at least 2 million years to recover, and many types of life never did.

The cataclysm we have now unleashed could very well be worse than that. We haven't just set global warming in motion, we have eliminated many of earth's natural circuit breakers -- we've mowed down the forests, paved over the swamps, and poisoned the oceans -- that might have worked to mitigate the damage.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:40 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:Sorry...to the China band Wagon.

Please explain who is on this "China band Wagon" and where you think it's going. I haven't seen anyone in this forum speak in favour of Chinese emissions, but maybe you're seeing some invisible people I'm not.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:10 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:----------THE CHINESE HAVE SAID...TO THE WORLD...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT

Care to share that quote? As far as I'm aware it's only the former USA leader who has said he doesn't care about the environment.

ConfederateSS wrote:THEY ARE GOING TO KEEP THEIR PRODUCTION UP.... Releasing C O 2...Slave / Slave labor...The World says nothing,because it is CHINA....

Entirely and verifiably untrue. The 'world' has been riding China as hard as they can, though very few countries can actually flex any political power to affect change in China. Since 'the world' had it's chance to stay together as a united force to politically pressure China recently, but as you may recall Trump entirely pulled out of the global agreement (which admittedly was far from prefect, or even biding) but you can't sit here and say 'the world says nothing' when it's the US republican leadership that dropped an atomic bomb on 'the worlds' efforts the have some degree of accountability levied towards China.

You don't get to say 'global warming is a fake conspiracy' in one post, and then claim 'the world doesn't hold China accountable for global warming' in the very next one. Your hypocrisy is stinking up the place
'

------------[size=150]I said ,I don't give a crap about ...Earth getting hotter....Because...it always sways black and forth....I said the World ,wants every country to watch it's fossil fuel use...But China could care less...As they feel it is their turn...The U.N. doesn't place any pressure on China...for anything, doesn't want to upset one of the Security Council nations,China.....I said ,CHINA's other issues are ignored...By the Hypocrites ,like Disney,Nfl,Nba,Mlb, Hollywood,Big Tech...That are so worried about social justice here in America, then Deal with CHINA...The very issues that
supposedly discuss them In The USA...That is Hypocrisy....I could care less ,who uses what, The Earth will heat up and cool down on its own...Like it always has...
--------Like I said...it's better than going the freezing way...Take the human body,like I said...Suited better for hot than cold...Take the Titanic...people went into the water ,in the North Atlantic...froze of Hypothermia in minutes.... Where in WW2 ,the U.S.S. Indianapolis...sailors went into the water, in the South Pacific...Sure a lot were eaten/bitten to death by sharks...But they lasted a few weeks in the water...The warm water of The South Pacific...

------I don't care about recorded History...It is the Technology ,like Air conditioning/ Central Air,making people weak...
------------But ,Ages of millions of years...not just a few hundred...or Thousands...
-------There was a high Oxygen level 65 million years ago, that is why everything was big, Dinosaurs, Insects,..Snakes...There is heat coming from the Earth's core,that also heats up the Earth, not just the Sun...Not just the Astoriod...At the Yucatan peninsula...Super Volcanos also heated up the Earth,leading to the fall of the Dinosaurs...
---------As the Earth itself poured gases into the Atmosphere,other than Oxygen....As it continues to today....
-----------Now, I don't know how the Earth wobbles on it's Axis...But it does...If the position of The Earth and The Solar System in the Milky Way matter...As the Solar System travels ,As the Milky Way travels and turns...
----------Or if The Earth wobbling on it's Axis alone matters...Towards Climate changes....If the Earth wobbles closer to the Sun, a little,I am not talking Super great change....In Earth's orbit...Just Leaning one way or the other...Could the Earth have leaned farther away ,durning It's major Ice Ages...Is the Earth leaning closer to the Sun ,right now...If The Earth ,wobbles back the other way...Would you rather have The Ice moving Covering Down from the North and South Poles... Covering 2/3 rds of the Land masses on Earth...Water Ways freezing....Or ,Dealing with ,Liquid water...Heat across the planet... More people would ,get out of their Air Conditioning boxes...Let their bodies ,get used to the Heat...Instead of hiding from it...The Earth's climate would be a non factor in Human living....
------------If the Left would stop using Global Warming ,as a political weapon...When , The Globe is going to heated up or cool off...No matter what people do...Yes, Greta...The Earth is going to go on spinning...Fine, well for the next 6 billion years or so...When the REAL Global Warming will take place...When the Sun goes crazy and expands...burning up Mercury and Venus...maybe the Earth...But ,it will be lifeless and no atmosphere,as everything will be burned away...Now That's Global Warming...Maybe that is what people should be working on...Yes,Bezos,Branson,Musk...others are trying to get ,private citizens up into space...In 100 or 200 years...Mankind might be taken on the Romulans and Klingons for real...So,the Left can make them victims... ;) . O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:53 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:----------THE CHINESE HAVE SAID...TO THE WORLD...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT

'

------------[size=150]I said ,I don't give a crap about ...Earth getting hotter....Because...it always sways black and forth....I said the World ,wants every country to watch it's fossil fuel use...But China could care less...As they feel it is their turn...The U.N. doesn't place any pressure on China...for anything, doesn't want to upset one of the Security Council nations,China.....I said ,CHINA's other issues are ignored...By the Hypocrites ,like Disney,Nfl,Nba,Mlb, Hollywood,Big Tech...That are so worried about social justice here in America, then Deal with CHINA...The very issues that
supposedly discuss them In The USA...That is Hypocrisy....I could care less ,who uses what, The Earth will heat up and cool down on its own...Like it always has...
--------Like I said...it's better than going the freezing way...Take the human body,like I said...Suited better for hot than cold...Take the Titanic...people went into the water ,in the North Atlantic...froze of Hypothermia in minutes.... Where in WW2 ,the U.S.S. Indianapolis...sailors went into the water, in the South Pacific...Sure a lot were eaten/bitten to death by sharks...But they lasted a few weeks in the water...The warm water of The South Pacific...

------I don't care about recorded History...It is the Technology ,like Air conditioning/ Central Air,making people weak...
------------But ,Ages of millions of years...not just a few hundred...or Thousands...
-------There was a high Oxygen level 65 million years ago, that is why everything was big, Dinosaurs, Insects,..Snakes...There is heat coming from the Earth's core,that also heats up the Earth, not just the Sun...Not just the Astoriod...At the Yucatan peninsula...Super Volcanos also heated up the Earth,leading to the fall of the Dinosaurs...
---------As the Earth itself poured gases into the Atmosphere,other than Oxygen....As it continues to today....
-----------Now, I don't know how the Earth wobbles on it's Axis...But it does...If the position of The Earth and The Solar System in the Milky Way matter...As the Solar System travels ,As the Milky Way travels and turns...
----------Or if The Earth wobbling on it's Axis alone matters...Towards Climate changes....If the Earth wobbles closer to the Sun, a little,I am not talking Super great change....In Earth's orbit...Just Leaning one way or the other...Could the Earth have leaned farther away ,durning It's major Ice Ages...Is the Earth leaning closer to the Sun ,right now...If The Earth ,wobbles back the other way...Would you rather have The Ice moving Covering Down from the North and South Poles... Covering 2/3 rds of the Land masses on Earth...Water Ways freezing....Or ,Dealing with ,Liquid water...Heat across the planet... More people would ,get out of their Air Conditioning boxes...Let their bodies ,get used to the Heat...Instead of hiding from it...The Earth's climate would be a non factor in Human living....
------------If the Left would stop using Global Warming ,as a political weapon...When , The Globe is going to heated up or cool off...No matter what people do...Yes, Greta...The Earth is going to go on spinning...Fine, well for the next 6 billion years or so...When the REAL Global Warming will take place...When the Sun goes crazy and expands...burning up Mercury and Venus...maybe the Earth...But ,it will be lifeless and no atmosphere,as everything will be burned away...Now That's Global Warming...Maybe that is what people should be working on...Yes,Bezos,Branson,Musk...others are trying to get ,private citizens up into space...In 100 or 200 years...Mankind might be taken on the Romulans and Klingons for real...So,the Left can make them victims... ;) . O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

There are two BIG problems here:

1) ConfSS does not understand the Science. I can point out NUMEROUS mistakes he made here; my statement should suffice.

2) The entire scientific debate on Global Warming became politicized and thus polarized. And now those arguments are on the level of Tribalism. That means that, very simply, people YELL at each other and no one really listens; especially those who fail to grasp basic Science.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:56 pm

Major HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:51 am

I do not consider that I am good enough to persuade everyone who reads these posts. :D ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I doubt those whom I debate in CC will allow their minds to be changed, no matter what facts or arguments based on logic and reasoning I present. The ignore those things, no matter who presents such information. Some do not understand the facts or the Science. Some try to manipulate logic to support their beliefs. Some will post in the hope of causing a reaction. We even have a few TROLLS here. SHOCKING..! :o :shock: :( :D

My hope is that others who read the information I post will be attentive to details and examine the facts. Further, I hope that they will draw a good conclusion based on facts, logic, and the persuasiveness of the discussion and arguments presented. :-k

Where do you stand, HitRed? Speak up and speak for yourself, sir.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:09 am

---------Not to mention.... People worry about the melting of the Polar Ice...But...The World has been Covered by Water before.....Not just a story in the Bible...40 days and 40 nights of non stop rain....As for Noah......But 1,000's of year old paintings have been found In South American Indian cultures...Well ,before Spain and Portugal conquered South America...Spread Christianity.....The Indian cultures, speak tell stories ,as their paintings show the story of a great Rain/Flood...Water that covered the Land...Act of God?,Nature?...who knows....But it sure as Hell wasn't caused by Humans...So,Humans should quit trying to think they control the forces of nature... Realize ,just how small Humanity is...In the real scene of Things... :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby HitRed on Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:22 am

I gave man a reasonable amount of intelligence to search for the truth about all things.

- Jesus
Major HitRed

Postby bigtoughralf on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:22 am

HitRed wrote:
I gave man a reasonable amount of intelligence to search for the truth about all things.

- Jesus

Think you have got Jesus confused with God there. Jesus was a prophet, he had no powers to give anything other than God's word.
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:51 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
HitRed wrote:

- Jesus

Think you have got Jesus confused with God there. Jesus was a prophet, he had no powers to give anything other than God's word.

------------- Nope, Wrong again Ralf....But don't worry, you will make a correct post on anything sooner or later...Even a blind pig can find a truffle once and a while....
---------------JESUS,HOLY SPIRIT and GOD are one in the same...Called THE HOLY TRINITY for a reason...Not The Tri-Prophet...You are confusing ... Muhammad with JESUS... Muhammad was a man... JESUS IS GOD...Happy to Help in your confusion...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby bigtoughralf on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:13 pm

The Quran was written after the Bible. Everyone knows that it is the newest and only fully reliable scripture, and it says that Jesus was a prophet.
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby HitRed on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:57 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:The Quran was written after the Bible. Everyone knows that it is the newest and only fully reliable scripture, and it says that Jesus was a prophet.

The Quran stripped Jesus of His majesty. That is why Jesus today says,
They do not know me.

John 10:30
The Father and I are one.

John 10:36
I am Son of God.
Major HitRed

Postby 2dimes on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Sort of.

John 10:36 King James Version translators wrote:Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world,
Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Why not quote this one?

Matthew 16:13-16 King James Version translators wrote:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby HitRed on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:37 pm

The New Jerusalem Bible (Catholic)

John 10:30
The Father and I are one.
Major HitRed

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:55 pm

I have a brilliant idea. How about people who sit at the right hand of God start another thread to talk about it, and leave the Global Warming thread to us mortals who want to, oh, I don't know, talk about Global Warming maybe?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby HitRed on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:03 pm

God was talking about the weather.

Then llama laughed at prayer and moke brought in abortion.
Major HitRed

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:06 pm

HitRed wrote:God was talking about the weather.

Then llama laughed at prayer and moke brought in abortion.

Fine, you win.

You and your imaginary buddy can have this thread. I'll go start a different one.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:06 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:I do not consider that I am good enough to persuade everyone who reads these posts. :D ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I doubt those whom I debate in CC will allow their minds to be changed, no matter what facts or arguments based on logic and reasoning I present. The ignore those things, no matter who presents such information. Some do not understand the facts or the Science. Some try to manipulate logic to support their beliefs. Some will post in the hope of causing a reaction. We even have a few TROLLS here. SHOCKING..! :o :shock: :( :D

My hope is that others who read the information I post will be attentive to details and examine the facts. Further, I hope that they will draw a good conclusion based on facts, logic, and the persuasiveness of the discussion and arguments presented. :-k

Where do you stand, HitRed? Speak up and speak for yourself, sir.

My mistake, Duk. I should NOT have asked HitRed to speak UP in this thread. He does not sit at the Right Hand of God; he sits at God's Right Ear.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:26 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I have a brilliant idea. How about people who sit at the right hand of God start another thread to talk about it, and leave the Global Warming thread to us mortals who want to, oh, I don't know, talk about Global Warming maybe?

but... abortion!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:27 pm

Seems kind of unfair for Duke to specify in the title of his new thread you're not allowed in Mook.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:36 pm

Because I'm a comedy god?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,