Conquer Club

Global Warming

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Global Warming

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:21 pm

HitRed wrote:
God is not mocked.

- Jesus

No, but Hitred sure is!
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby HitRed on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:39 pm

My heart aches at the offenses that are taking place. My heart bleeds at the horrors that are being done to my little ones [Abortion]. Pray for my little ones, that only I can hear them cry in such pain.

- Jesus

Last edited by HitRed on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major HitRed

Postby HitRed on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 pm

I come to right the wrongs that have been done to my heart and God the Father. My heart bleeds for these children that are unwanted and thrown away like trash. I created each and every soul that has been lost to this grave sin abortion.

- Jesus
Last edited by HitRed on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major HitRed

Postby HitRed on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:42 pm

My heart is marked by the piercing I received while I was on the Cross. More wounds have been put there. The killing of many of my children through abortion. The wound is so grave it is hard to bear at times.

- Jesus
Major HitRed

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Uh oh! I used the "A" word and triggered hitred....

Hey, God or Jesus or whoever you are pretending to be. The thread is about global warming, and while I respect your belief that "abortion is the reason for global warming because abortion made 'me' angry", maybe you could leave your mind open to other possibilities?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby HitRed on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:52 pm

I hold the keys to life and death. I create life to serve me the one true Lord of all. I cry out for the tragedy that abortion has caused and has inflicted on the world and those lives that have been destroyed without justification. Every soul I create is valuable and special to me. I mold each person in the palm of my hand. I alone create life and call it into being. I alone call that life from this life in death. I am Lord of all the living and all those who hurt my little ones shall know my wrath like no other! Every life is precious to me not to be thrown away like trash! My heart aches for the loss of so many souls to this grave sin.

- Jesus
Major HitRed

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:02 pm

HitRed wrote:
Every soul I create is valuable and special to me.
- Jesus

Even Nancy Pelosi?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:42 pm

I do find it astonishing that Jesus agrees with HR on everything. It's almost as if ...
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 pm

China’s power & steel firms continue to invest in coal even as emissions surge cools down

New coal power and steel projects announced in China in the first half of 2021 alone will
emit CO2 equal to Netherland’s total emissions, new mapping of the project pipeline
shows. A total of 18 new blast furnace projects with a total capacity of 35 million tonnes
per year and 43 new coal-fired power plant units were announced; if approved and built,
they will emit an estimated 150 million tonnes of CO2 a year. State-owned power and steel
firms have continued to build and announce new coal-based projects, even as China’s
leadership has pledged to aim for carbon neutrality and called for strictly controlling
“high-energy, high-emission” projects.

Power generation and steelmaking are the two largest CO2 emitting sectors in China. They
have also been the main drivers of the steep increase in China’s CO2 emissions since the
end of COVID-19 lockdowns in early 2020,
with thermal power generation increasing 15%
and steel output 14% in the first half of 2021, compared with pre-pandemic (2019) levels.

https://globalenergymonitor.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Chinas-Power-Steel-Firms-Continue-to-Invest....pdf
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:39 am

This finger pointing isn't useful, and it's the reason things are continuing to get worse.

Everybody needs to clean their own house. We can look over at our neighbour's house and think "Oh what a mess!" but it doesn't absolve us from cleaning ours, and in the end it's just a big distraction.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby 2dimes on Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:04 am

Dukasaur wrote:This finger pointing isn't useful, and it's the reason things are continuing to get worse.

Everybody needs to clean their own house. We can look over at our neighbour's house and think "Oh what a mess!" but it doesn't absolve us from cleaning ours, and in the end it's just a big distraction.

But I hear separating trash from compost is difficult. Even after living through just over two decades of my ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! recycling.

We were camping and Mrs dimes attempted to have our son throw corn husks in the garbage.

Obviously I simply pulled them out of the bag placed the bag in the tow unit and took them home to be put in the compost bin later.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:34 am

Dukasaur wrote:This finger pointing isn't useful, and it's the reason things are continuing to get worse.

You are correct; everyone needs to clean their own house. However, If I am the only one cleaning, then we are getting NO WHERE. If the #1 polluter is PLANNING to build many more coal burning plants, are we improving overall? If I am reducing 20% (Pick any # you want here) and the #1 polluter reduces 2%, do we get better overall?

Is it more important to measure per capita or overall amounts? I SAY BOTH. Some choose to ignore ONE and point his finger ONLY ONE way.

Does the USA waste LOTS of energy and LOTS of things. NO DOUBT. I already posted that elsewhere, but I will not bother to link to that.

Here is a problem that you have already mentioned Duk, different threads discuss the same topic. I will quote and post from another thread:
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=236605

Per Capita may be important, but to see that China emits over double the US TOTAL CO2 emissions is SIGNIFICANT.

Country CO2 Emissions
(tons, 2016) 1 Year
Change Population
(2016) Per
capita Share
of world
1 China 10,432,751,400 -0.28% 1,414,049,351 7.38 29.18%
2 United States 5,011,686,600 -2.01% 323,015,995 15.52 14.02%
3 India 2,533,638,100 4.71% 1,324,517,249 1.91 7.09%
4 Russia 1,661,899,300 -2.13% 145,275,383 11.44 4.65%
5 Japan 1,239,592,060 -1.21% 127,763,265 9.70 3.47%

this table does not copy well here, but please see this link:

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-by-country/

I did more digging:

CO2 Emissions per Capita
# Country CO2 Emissions per capita (tons)
1 China 7.38
2 United States 15.52
3 India 1.91
4 Russia 11.44
https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emiss ... er-capita/

The above table seems odd to me, even though I referenced it and asked for per Capita data.

So, yes, the USA does emit LOTS of CO2, but your data ignores China, India, and Russia. THAT I find misleading. As perhaps is mine, too.

I admit my data may be misleading; others do not even acknowledge the same possibility of their data being misleading. I will add that the USA has been a leader in technology, laws, and efforts to reduce pollution. The Clean Air Act (renewed, since it was first passed in 1970), the Clean Water Act (also renewed), The Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA), and the previous discussion of the reduction of acid rain all point in that direction. Reducing CO2 emissions is a much bigger problem since CO2 release is so inherently tied to our WORLD's use of (and current DEPENDENCE on) fossil fuels.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:42 am

2dimes wrote:

But I hear separating trash from compost is difficult. Even after living through just over two decades of my ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! recycling.

We were camping and Mrs dimes attempted to have our son throw corn husks in the garbage.

Obviously I simply pulled them out of the bag placed the bag in the tow unit and took them home to be put in the compost bin later.

I know what you are doing as I do what I can to recycle; I have been there, 2dimes. I have been recycling since my college days.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 pm

I can't relate to all this. I pay someone to come clean my house, that's the American way.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby HitRed on Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:31 pm

September 18, 21 Home

I am the rock that everything is founded on. Without me there would be nothing except God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit; three persons but one God in complete unity.

There is much that humans do not understand or know about the world around them. All science should prove my existence without a doubt. Humans are denying me in science too. There are lies being told that are not true. Many are being led to believe and live out these lies.

There are many who support and spread these falsehoods to the public. Many believe and are like sheep being led to slaughter. Many do not take the time to think for themselves. They are willing to let someone else do it for them. I gave man a reasonable amount of intelligence to search for the truth about all things.

The proof of my existence is still there. All around you can see my presence in the world. To deny me is to deny life! Without me they would not be life. Seek the one true and everliving God of life.

There is more.

Go now.
Major HitRed

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:10 pm

HitRed wrote:
September 18, 21 Home

I am the rock that everything is founded on. Without me there would be nothing except God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit; three persons but one God in complete unity.

There is much that humans do not understand or know about the world around them. All science should prove my existence without a doubt. Humans are denying me in science too. There are lies being told that are not true. Many are being led to believe and live out these lies.

There are many who support and spread these falsehoods to the public. Many believe and are like sheep being led to slaughter. Many do not take the time to think for themselves. They are willing to let someone else do it for them. I gave man a reasonable amount of intelligence to search for the truth about all things.

The proof of my existence is still there. All around you can see my presence in the world. To deny me is to deny life! Without me they would not be life. Seek the one true and everliving God of life.

There is more.

Go now.

Perhaps Hitred can expand on his suggestion that science should prove God's existence without a doubt? Is this science class at Prager U?

Proving God exists through science kind of undermines the whole principle of 'belief'. If there is proof there is no need to make any 'leap of faith' anymore. This God imitation routine of yours is getting really lazy, tired, and awfully full of righteous indignation.

I would submit there is no one who posts on CC that mocks God more than Hitred does with this stale routine.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:02 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:

You are correct; everyone needs to clean their own house. However, If I am the only one cleaning, then we are getting NO WHERE. If the #1 polluter is PLANNING to build many more coal burning plants, are we improving overall? If I am reducing 20% (Pick any # you want here) and the #1 polluter reduces 2%, do we get better overall?

A really thorough answer would require a book, not a forum post. I'm torn between wanting to give you an adequate answer and not wanting to spend the whole night here.

The problem you point to is real. Even if we do a really good job reducing our emission, increases in China could drown out the progress. I don't think it absolves us; "the other kids are doing it!" was never accepted as a valid excuse when I was in school. Still, what to do about China?

From 2002 to 2012, Chinese emissions grew explosively. Then, from 2012 to 2020, the slope of the curve was decreasing and it looked like Chinese emissions would soon stabilize. In fact, if you extrapolate the shape of the curve for 2012 to 2020, it looked as if China would be decreasing emissions by 2030 or so. If you asked me in 2020, I would have said that the Chinese are finally getting the message. Then, in 2021, we have another year of absolutely explosive growth in Chinese emissions, bigger than ever before. What do we make of this?

The optimistic view is that 2021 is a one-time deal -- as the world's manufacturing powerhouse, China has been the main been the main beneficiary of the post-pandemic economic boom. Their industries are working day and night to meet pent-up demand for goods. By this view, the gradually moderating that was taking place in 2012 to 2020 is real, and 2021 is just a statistical outlier.

The pessimistic view is that 2021 is the new normal, that the decade of slowing which came before was just a period of consolidation and profit-taking, and fiery growth is back on a more-or-less permanent basis.

I wish I could honestly reassure you that the former view is correct and the latter view is wrong. Sadly, I can't. I really don't know. And, judging by the articles I've been reading, nobody else knows, either. We're just going to have to watch a few years before we get an answer.

Meanwhile, keep cleaning house. I have to keep coming back to that. We can't stop our neighbours from being pigs, but we don't have to emulate them.

jp4 wrote:Is it more important to measure per capita or overall amounts? I SAY BOTH. Some choose to ignore ONE and point his finger ONLY ONE way.

I suppose that depends on how you define important.

Rather than try to invent some hierarchy of importance, I think here's how I would separate them.
  • total emissions are most useful for assessing the EFFECT of the pollution.
  • per capita emissions are most useful for studying the CAUSE of the pollution.
Does that help?

Had more to say on that, but already here too long.

https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-by-country/
https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/co2-emissions-per-capita/
Thanks.

jp2 wrote:I will add that the USA has been a leader in technology, laws, and efforts to reduce pollution. The Clean Air Act (renewed, since it was first passed in 1970), the Clean Water Act (also renewed), The Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA), and the previous discussion of the reduction of acid rain all point in that direction. Reducing CO2 emissions is a much bigger problem since CO2 release is so inherently tied to our WORLD's use of (and current DEPENDENCE on) fossil fuels.

Yup, the U.S., overall, is heading in the right direction. Too slowly, in my opinion, but at least it's heading in the right direction.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby bigtoughralf on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:02 pm

Without knowing what stats you're referring to, I'd have thought the most likely reason China's emissions went up some huge % from 2020 to 2021 is because in 2020 huge chunks of their economy were shut down for quite a long time, and the % growth in 2021 is growth from shutdown levels back to pre-pandemic levels. Like how lots of economies saw 'record' GDP growth of 15-25% in late 2020/early 2021, which was really just them recovering from 15-25% drops back in April 2020. It seems unlikely the Chinese government spent 10 years cutting back, investing in green technology etc and then just went f*ck it and threw a million tons of coal in a furnace.

All the finger pointing at China is generally done by the US Government, to distract from the fact the US (15% of the world's emissions) is doing f*ck all. Not really surprising from a country whose approach to foreign policy has been 'Americs first' for five years and counting.
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:45 pm

-----------Nope ,Sorry...to the China band Wagon...China has stated...when asked to stop their Industrial Revolution....As Europe had in the 18th/19th Cen. , The United States in The 19th/20th Cen. ...So when asked to help stop Global Warming ....China told the World...."F" off...We are having our Industrial Revolution....It is our turn... everyone else has had theirs...Screw Global Environmental changes...As they have said,they will Dominant the World by 2025...
-----------They are on their way....They own the Economic power already in the 21cen... Everything is made there...The world keeps buying their products...The Chinese have poured money into controlling 3rd world nations.... They have poured money into...The World Health Organization,they pretty much run it...Had a strong hand...in .Picking it's current President... Can't imagine why the W.H.O...found no wrong doing by China in the global pandemic they released on the world... :roll: :roll: :roll: .....
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)....As the USA has fled Afghanistan....China has moved in ,to help the Taliban...
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:18 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:Without knowing what stats you're referring to, I'd have thought the most likely reason China's emissions went up some huge % from 2020 to 2021 is because in 2020 huge chunks of their economy were shut down for quite a long time, and the % growth in 2021 is growth from shutdown levels back to pre-pandemic levels. Like how lots of economies saw 'record' GDP growth of 15-25% in late 2020/early 2021, which was really just them recovering from 15-25% drops back in April 2020. It seems unlikely the Chinese government spent 10 years cutting back, investing in green technology etc and then just went f*ck it and threw a million tons of coal in a furnace.

All the finger pointing at China is generally done by the US Government, to distract from the fact the US (15% of the world's emissions) is doing f*ck all. Not really surprising from a country whose approach to foreign policy has been 'Americs first' for five years and counting.

Mrsdyk? is that you?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:32 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:Without knowing what stats you're referring to, I'd have thought the most likely reason China's emissions went up some huge % from 2020 to 2021 is because in 2020 huge chunks of their economy were shut down for quite a long time, and the % growth in 2021 is growth from shutdown levels back to pre-pandemic levels. Like how lots of economies saw 'record' GDP growth of 15-25% in late 2020/early 2021, which was really just them recovering from 15-25% drops back in April 2020. It seems unlikely the Chinese government spent 10 years cutting back, investing in green technology etc and then just went f*ck it and threw a million tons of coal in a furnace.

Do you really believe every other country does NOT have the "me first" attitude, whether it is publicly stated or NOT? really ralf?

if you believe that the USA is the ONLY "me first" nation, not only are you myopic, but you got your head buried in the sand.

And facts are facts, no matter who points them out. I doubt that ONLY the US government points the finger at China on this matter. That would be two heads buried in the sand.

JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:12 am

Sorry maybe I meant, all the finger pointing is done by the US government and jp4.
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:50 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:Sorry maybe I meant, all the finger pointing is done by the US government and jp4.

NOTE that bigralf does not deny China's plan to build more coal fired plants in the near future, adding to their level of CO2 Emissions. The US continues to improve while the worst polluter, China, pollutes EVEN MORE and continues to expand its capacity to pollute by building more coal burning (and thus more CO2 emitting) facilities.

SO do not be mislead by the OBFUSCATION of bigralF.

ALSO, does the US Government own the BBC? Or the IEA?

Is bigralf's statements TRUE that only** the US government point out China's pollution? (**and lil 'ol me, JP4Fun??) You judge.

And what does the graph BELOW show? China emissions going DOWN? Look carefully, ralF. Avoid the BIG "F"

Fact-checking the US and China on climate and environment
By Reality Check team and BBC Monitoring
BBC News

Published13 November 2020

The US claims China's total energy-related emissions are twice those of the US and nearly one-third of all emissions globally.

China's annual emissions today are about double those of the US, according to UN data.

And last year, China accounted for about one-third of global CO2 emissions while the US produced 13%.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54719577

btw:
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is the national broadcaster of the United Kingdom. Headquartered at Broadcasting House in London, it is the world's oldest national broadcaster, and the largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC

China's per capita carbon emissions overtake EU's
By Matt McGrath
Environment correspondent, BBC News, New York
Published
21 September 2014

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29239194

New data on carbon shows that China's emissions per head of population have surpassed the EU for the first time. in 2014

The researchers say that India is also forecast to beat Europe's CO2 output in 2019.
Scientists say that global totals are increasing fast and will likely exceed the limit for dangerous climate change within 30 years.

The world has already used up two thirds of the warming gases researchers calculate will breach 2 degrees C.

The Global Carbon Project involves researchers from several different institutes around the world and it provides objective details on the scale of annual emissions.
The latest data shows that a record 36 billion tonnes of carbon from all human sources were emitted in 2013.

The biggest emitters were China, which produced 29% of the total, followed by the US at 15%, the EU at 10% and India at 7.1%

But in an interesting development, China's emissions per head of population exceeding those of the European Union for the first time.

The data cited clearly shows China is NOT helping the Global CO2 emission situation, contrary to the weak denials and ineffective arguments made by bigralF.

If I did not know better, it would seem that mrswdk is returning with a new name, but bigralf does seem to lack the "sophistication" of that other person. And I do not recall that other person as being such an ardent and biased defender of Muslims. I do not recall any impassioned defense of MUSLIM EXTREMISTS by him/her, as ralf ATTEMPTS to do. However, for the most part, I ignored what that person posted.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:31 pm

----------Not to mention....THE CHINESE HAVE SAID...TO THE WORLD...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT, GLOBAL WARMING ...THEY ARE GOING TO KEEP THEIR PRODUCTION UP.... Releasing C O 2...Slave / Slave labor...The World says nothing,because it is CHINA....Major American sport leagues...Deal with CHINA...Many companies...Such as DISNEY...Deal with CHINA...IT'S CHINA ...Who cares what they do...As long as The World and Companies make that Money......Disney makes movies with CHINA....
---------Hell,John Cena stood up for Taiwan...Wait ,until he realized,he spoke out against his meal ticket... Walked his comments back...CHINA's KOOL... 8-) ...nothing to see here...The CHINESE are great... Wouldn't Want to upset his next Movie deal....BIG TECH. In America depend on CHINA to make their products....So,they can suppress FREE SPEECH here in AMERICA... :roll: :roll: :roll: ....THE WORLD BOWS ,before CHINA....In a couple of YEARS...There will be no stopping CHINA...As One if not The Oldest Major World Power...Climbs and stays at the TOP....FOREVER :!: :!: :!: :!:
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Oh,Nixon, you had your problems...But the world should have listened,when you warned of CHINA'S RISE.....
Major ConfederateSS

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:03 pm

----------- Although Global Warming is a piece of crap anyway, The Left exploit it's stupidity....Now...The Earth has ,heated up, cooled off....Heated up cooled off... Throughout eons and eons...With or without Humans....Humans have grown weak and pathetic....They frown on sweating...When it is our body's way to cool off....Humans can't live without air conditioners,etc...now a days....I don't use Air...I love the Heat in June,July ,August....I think about the heat of the Sun...Through , December, January, February....Treasure the Summer....People have gotten soft and weak....
-------------So, Back during The Time Between The Saving of Kwauit ,the Fall of Saddam years later in Iraq...As Saddam was still in power after 1991...Till Bush went in and Got Him...He was a threat to invade Kwauit again.....So the News, interview people of Kwauit ,in an Air Conditioned Mall in Kwauit City...Here was their response...As American Soldiers stand guard on the Border of Iraq and Kwauit...In Tents,out in the Heat of the Desert...We like it in here or in our homes...Better them than us, to stay out there in the scorching heat...Knowing that Americans(The U.S. Military) are keeping them safe...
------------It doesn't matter what Humans do....The Earth will heat up ...Cool off...Or if Humans live on the Planet or go the way of the Dinosaur...Sabre Tooth Tiger...An Ice Age will follow this Heat age,that has set upon us...People are looking at the World through...a few hundred years...They should try and look at the Earth's climates... Through millions and Billions of years... :D ...A few degrees raise in Tempature... Wouldn't hurt so much...If Humans today learned how to live in the moment...enjoy the heat...Our bodies can withstand heat...far better ,then if the climate was going in the other direction...Humans were freezing all the time around the Planet...It will again, with or without Humans...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,