Conquer Club

Who take vaccine?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who take vaccine?

Postby nemapredaje on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:38 pm

Because I am not enough smart and brave to be a first who will take a vaccine which is not enough examined , I want know who takes it.
Few words how you feeling evry day if it possible.
In advance thanks.

IDK guys. I was opened this thread only for ppls who taked vaccine...
but okay,you all like to speak ...i guess xD
Last edited by nemapredaje on Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain nemapredaje

Re: Who take vaccine?

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:43 pm

Because I'm not in a high-risk category, I probably won't be eligible for 3 or 4 months yet.

By then there should be a choice of four vaccines available, so I'm going to do my research and see which of the four has the best record up to that point.

Most of these began trials in April or May, so by April or May of 2021 they should all have a year or slightly more of testing data.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:44 am

I haven't taken it, but I vaccine dosed Saxi's Ensure this morning maybe you can ask him how he's doing over the coming weeks.
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby riskllama on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:19 am

in the meantime, why don't you consult a local health professional? seems a bit more productive than asking for help around here... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:49 am

------Never...I will put my trust in GOD :!: ...If he wants me to live, I will live... :D ...If I ran for President...My Healthcare plan would be ,walk it off... :D ...Let us face it... Where are the days of old...When The Peanut wasn't the deadliest thing on the planet... :roll: ...As Humanity got away from big blow out battles...Thanks Nuclear Weapons... :roll: ... Humanity has gotten soft...Where is ,put your trust in GOD???...Or the fact that no other animal (YES, Animal) on the planet...Keeps it's sick and weak alive no matter what...Would you rather go out in a Glorious Battle?....Or be kept alive in a nursing home?....Alone,having strangers taking care of you in your 90's,etc.etc...We have gotten to a point,where we think it is our right ,that we have healthcare handed to us,and it is our right to live forever on Earth... :roll: ...I think sooner than later...People are going to find out,just how mortal Humanity is...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)...But don't worry...You will have St.Peter letting you know...When the after life comes...Where you will be living...Forever in the after life...Up or Down...:)
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby riskllama on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:22 am

riskllama wrote: seems a bit more productive than asking for help around here... :?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby hotfire on Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:55 am

riskllama wrote:
riskllama wrote: seems a bit more productive than asking for help around here... :?

Drs shouldn't be trusted, though. They went to brainwashing school for 8 years after they went to regular school for 12 years
Colonel hotfire

Postby 2dimes on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:35 am

I have to say hotfire has an pretty solid point.

I'm with blue and silver here. If God wants me to live praise him.

I might wait to see what random internet folks say about the finest syrum available in Canada. It would be nice to talk airplanes instead of sore throats with Johnny the flight instructor. If I get a needle maybe that can happen.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jimboston on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:10 am

riskllama wrote:in the meantime, why don't you consult a local health professional? seems a bit more productive than asking for help around here... :?

+1
Sergeant 1st Class jimboston

Postby jimboston on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:22 am

ConfederateSS wrote:------Never...I will put my trust in GOD :!: ...If he wants me to live, I will live... :D ...If I ran for President...My Healthcare plan would be ,walk it off... :D ...Let us face it... Where are the days of old...When The Peanut wasn't the deadliest thing on the planet... :roll: ...As Humanity got away from big blow out battles...Thanks Nuclear Weapons... :roll: ... Humanity has gotten soft...Where is ,put your trust in GOD???...Or the fact that no other animal (YES, Animal) on the planet...Keeps it's sick and weak alive no matter what...Would you rather go out in a Glorious Battle?....Or be kept alive in a nursing home?....Alone,having strangers taking care of you in your 90's,etc.etc...We have gotten to a point,where we think it is our right ,that we have healthcare handed to us,and it is our right to live forever on Earth... :roll: ...I think sooner than later...People are going to find out,just how mortal Humanity is...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)...But don't worry...You will have St.Peter letting you know...When the after life comes...Where you will be living...Forever in the after life...Up or Down...:)

So you haven’t seen any doctor your entire adult life?
No broken bones? No sore back? No high blood pressure?
So you have not and will not take any medication?
Even over the counter stuff like Tylenol, cold medicine, eye drops?
What about other health related products like bacitracin (antibiotic) ointment... or even bandaids?

If you can honestly say yes to my questions... good for you, you’ve had a nice run of good luck.
If you’ve taken any of these things then your whole comment is a crock of crap.
(As are you.)

(As an adult, we won’t hold you accountable for what your mom gave you.)

Postby jimboston on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:23 am

hotfire wrote:
riskllama wrote:

Drs shouldn't be trusted, though. They went to brainwashing school for 8 years after they went to regular school for 12 years

Why shouldn’t they be trusted?

Are you telling me that in general the life expectancy of humans with access to modern medicine has dropped?

Postby jimboston on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:33 am

I know there’s some sarcasm on here, and forgive me when I miss it.

That said, it’s pretty sad that people who have benefited from something like modern medicine their entire lives have no trust in it.

I listen to politicians and read news with critical eye. I recognize that doctors, scientists, politicians, etc. are humans; and therefore they are capable of errors and outright lies... but I don’t automatically assume they are lying about everything. Neither do people like ConfederatesSS... who claims that’s how they act, but in reality he cherry-picks what he wants to believe and what he doesn’t.

I lose a little faith in the intelligence level of the mass of humanity every day.

Idiocracy here we come.

Postby 2dimes on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:07 am

If the shitty flu shot was better I'd opt in.

My wife got a flu shot with the rest of us during the H1N1 panic and it was like getting the flu. Every other year she washes her hands, eats some vegetables and does not get sick. Even sleeping beside me who catches things.

Her brother the medical doctor takes his whole family for the yearly flu shot every time, they are sick way more often than even me the feeble one.

Our children got all the assorted vaccines for HPV etc. so no, we are not militant anti-vaccer hippies.

I take Tylenol on occasion. It's hard on your liver but the benifits for fighting a cold are noticeable.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:56 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:Never...I will put my trust in GOD :!: ...If he wants me to live, I will live.

So if you get hit by a car crossing the street tomorrow, you'll tell the ambulance guys to go f*ck themselves when they show up? If God wants you to live, he'll let you live, right?

ConfederateSS wrote:Would you rather go out in a Glorious Battle?

The glories of death in battle are an imaginary concept indulged in by people who have never been in combat. If you talk to guys who were actually there, nothing is glorious about having your guts blown open and and laying there covered in your own shit while your blood seeps away into the Mekong. There's nothing glorious about looking at the left side of your buddy's face because the right side of it is missing.

ConfederateSS wrote:...Or be kept alive in a nursing home?....Alone,having strangers taking care of you in your 90's,etc.etc...

Nursing homes are a product of industrial societies, a place to shove people who can't keep up with the fast pace of our artificial life. People in traditional hunter-gatherer societies don't get shoved into nursing homes. They are part of life until their dying days. When a man is too old to run with the hunters, he'll tend flocks or catch fish. When he's too old to do even those things, then he'll mind the young ones and tell them stories, passing along the tribal wisdom. He's a useful and valued member of his tribe until his last days.

Our society is sick and desperately in need of repair, you're right about that. But wanting to die in battle is not the solution. Nor is the solution wanting to die from some preventable disease for which vaccines exist.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:04 am

I'm not buying any more food. If god wants me to live, he'll feed me.
I'm driving with my eyes closed. If god wants me to live, he'll protect me from accidents.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:33 am

jimboston wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:------Never...I will put my trust in GOD :!: ...If he wants me to live, I will live... :D ...If I ran for President...My Healthcare plan would be ,walk it off... :D ...Let us face it... Where are the days of old...When The Peanut wasn't the deadliest thing on the planet... :roll: ...As Humanity got away from big blow out battles...Thanks Nuclear Weapons... :roll: ... Humanity has gotten soft...Where is ,put your trust in GOD???...Or the fact that no other animal (YES, Animal) on the planet...Keeps it's sick and weak alive no matter what...Would you rather go out in a Glorious Battle?....Or be kept alive in a nursing home?....Alone,having strangers taking care of you in your 90's,etc.etc...We have gotten to a point,where we think it is our right ,that we have healthcare handed to us,and it is our right to live forever on Earth... :roll: ...I think sooner than later...People are going to find out,just how mortal Humanity is...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)...But don't worry...You will have St.Peter letting you know...When the after life comes...Where you will be living...Forever in the after life...Up or Down...:)

So you haven’t seen any doctor your entire adult life?
No broken bones? No sore back? No high blood pressure?
So you have not and will not take any medication?
Even over the counter stuff like Tylenol, cold medicine, eye drops?
What about other health related products like bacitracin (antibiotic) ointment... or even bandaids?

If you can honestly say yes to my questions... good for you, you’ve had a nice run of good luck.
If you’ve taken any of these things then your whole comment is a crock of crap.
(As are you.)

(As an adult, we won’t hold you accountable for what your mom gave you.)

-----------This is for Duk too...
-----------I know people who skin their knee and go to the hospital...Have sniffles...again...run to the doctor... :roll: ...
-----------This is correct Jim...Never ...Seen a doctor...I know a handful of things of how to take care of myself...GOD is just an added Bonus...But when it comes down to fatal...or such a thing as an invisible agent like Covid...I take my chances with GOD if I should die...I know of and believe in the after life...I said Doctor...Or Hospital...Skinning your knee is not fatal...If I get a cut...etc...A wet paper towel...for a few minutes...Once I broke my finger...I took two popsicle sticks and tied them together with a shoe string...Once I was cutting the skin off a hard salami...Drove the knife into my hand...I cleaned it and wrapped it...Then Duct taped it...kept doing it for a few times...Where most people would have ran to the hospital...for stitches...As for cleaning such things...I use Whiskey etc...If that is o.k. with you...But no...I ride out a cold...If I get a shooting pain...I try and walk a little...or get some sleep...If the pain lingers...Once again... Whiskey...and will power...But I will not go to a doctor...
-----------Yes,Duk...I would refuse medical Help...If I was able to...I have been clipped By a car ,on my bike...I got up with a few scrapes...From my bike...As I was jumping off..My bike the wheel was smashed...I told the driver who turned into me without looking...Don't worry about it...Where most Americans would have sued..I popped a wheeling so to speak and walked my bike home on the back wheel...A 10 speed...not a motorcycle...Yes,Duk...If I was hit by a fatal blow...I would rather go into the night...Yes, really!
-----------I just asked where is long ago...Even both of you must admit...The World has gone soft...Do we need car doors that open by themselves???...Or other such things???...That have given the World...this entitled way of thinking...As we think we are making our lives easier...But maybe in the long run...We are making Humanity's way harder...People use all types of things...Then they want to go to a gym...Imagine, if they had to open their own car doors...etc..etc...You see where I am going...If we got rid of a lot of things that do things for us...How healthy would Humanity be???... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)...A Glorious Death was a way to get a point across...I don't think there is any way to get Death across...Because who really wants to talk about it...But dying in battle was a better way to go...Then you see today...Junkies O.D.ing on the street...etc...etc...Or people dying alone in heath facilities...More sad are Vets...who survived a Glorious Death... Only to find themselves alone on the streets...Or wasting away in a V.A. Hospital/home... There was a purple heart winner from Vietnam...Who in Corktown,by Old Tiger Stadium...His name was Larry...For 15 years 1990-2005...Would walk up and down Michigan Ave...At night sleep in a door way of a closed bar...All year round... Through winter...Under blankets and a Heavy coat...America..:(...
Major ConfederateSS

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:03 am

jonesthecurl wrote:I'm not buying any more food. If god wants me to live, he'll feed me.
I'm driving with my eyes closed. If god wants me to live, he'll protect me from accidents.

-----------No,it if something bad happens...You put your trust in GOD...YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE...THAT HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH...If it is your time...Then HE will call for you...
-----------Feeding yourself is your responsibility...So is working...Not taking handouts from the government... Ironically...This time...the government won't let people work ,feed themselves...Or go to GOD's house...America... :roll: ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby jimboston on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 am

ConfederateSS... if you truly live the way you speak then fine. At least you’re not a hypocrite.

I assume you have no kids, or if you do they were housebirths with a midwife, no hospital. Right?

I agree many people are soft, and many run to the doctor for every scratch. I agree many people sue too readily. I might not sue someone who hit me on my bike. I was hit by a car while rollerblading. The car was just coming out of a parking lot so it was only going maybe 10mph... I rolled over the hood and didn’t even get scratched. I only waived the ‘one finger salute’ in response to the driver’s carelessness. If I was on a bike and didn’t get hurt I don’t see myself suing, but (assuming it was the driver’s fault and not mine) I would’ve asked for a ride home and made him pay to repair the bike. That’s not “wrong”... if he was at fault paying for my bike is the least he could do.

Do automatic doors make people weak? Maybe, but then so don’t shovels. Do you use a shovel? It’s a god-inspired man-made tool designed to help make work / life easier. There’s really no difference. So if you want to judge people for using auto at doors I suggest you get rid of all your shovels and hammers and saws. A hammer just makes people weak... people used to use their hands or maybe rocks. Roofs and walls are for the weak... people used to just find shelter outside. There’s no logical difference. Can people abuse tools... sure... it an automatic door ever killed anyone; hammers are violent oppressive tools.

Medicine is, at it’s best, a tool like all others.

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:20 pm

Ok, I'm not as hardcore as silver blue there.

I had a pretty good doctor years ago. I had a cold and was happy waiting it out to get better. I could not shake the thing for several months so I decided to go see what my doctor could do for me. When I got there he was on vacation. There was a young pretty female filling in for him. She told me, "You have asthma. Here is a sample puffer."

I was sceptical. She did not do an asthma test, she just decided I should take asthma medication.

I went home tried the puffer which did not do anything. Then I went to a different Doctor. I explained I had a cold that would not go away and was told it's asthma. He listened to my breathing with a stethoscope and said, "I don't think it's asthma but I'd like you to get a chest X-Ray to make sure it's not pneumonia."

Seemed reasonable, surprise I don't have asthma. My wife does but they did a test to figure that out.

I have had high blood pressure since they wrapped a cuff around my arm and checked it. They always said, you don't need medication but it could help. I finally gave in and decided to try some pills. I talked to my brother and he said, "Don't take a particular one, I had fairly nasty side effects." Any guess what the first one the doctor prescribed? I did not get side effects but it also did not lower my blood pressure. The second one did, doctor says, "Oh good, trial and error worked."

What do I need a doctor for if it's just guessing?

I'm not looking for a dose of Covid Vaccine right now. The fact that Duke wrote about four different formulas they are trying tells me something is a bit odd about the whole thing so far.

I am not someone who thinks, "The bat-flu is a hoax." Just because statistics show more people die of other causes. Once two people died of Covid, I can accept that it might kill me. I understand people saying, "Don't buy into the hype, they are trying to scare us." I disagree that I should ignore the risk just because there are other things out there that might be worse.

Do I think wearing mask will stop it. No. Having said that I wear a mask in public buildings in the hope it will help reduce it from spreading.

If anyone thinks that is the same as. I would wave off an ambulance preferring to bleed out, let God drive or refuse a sandwich...

Fair enough, I don't know how to explain my position.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:48 pm

2dimes wrote:Ok, I'm not as hardcore as silver blue there.

I had a pretty good doctor years ago. I had a cold and was happy waiting it out to get better. I could not shake the thing for several months so I decided to go see what my doctor could do for me. When I got there he was on vacation. There was a young pretty female filling in for him. She told me, "You have asthma. Here is a sample puffer."

I was sceptical. She did not do an asthma test, she just decided I should take asthma medication.

I went home tried the puffer which did not do anything. Then I went to a different Doctor. I explained I had a cold that would not go away and was told it's asthma. He listened to my breathing with a stethoscope and said, "I don't think it's asthma but I'd like you to get a chest X-Ray to make sure it's not pneumonia."

Seemed reasonable, surprise I don't have asthma. My wife does but they did a test to figure that out.

I have had high blood pressure since they wrapped a cuff around my arm and checked it. They always said, you don't need medication but it could help. I finally gave in and decided to try some pills. I talked to my brother and he said, "Don't take a particular one, I had fairly nasty side effects." Any guess what the first one the doctor prescribed? I did not get side effects but it also did not lower my blood pressure. The second one did, doctor says, "Oh good, trial and error worked."

I understand why you feel that way. I see this more as different medications do different things to different people, including your family members. I have certain allergy medications that work wonders for me, but give some of my family members nosebleeds. There are certain pain relievers that work wonders for me, but give some of my family members rashes.

My point is that some medications may require trial and error because doctors don't know how you will respond or not respond to certain medications. Specifically in your case, that's why there are several aspirin-related medications available to help with your high blood pressure, and the one that you take is the one that you respond to the best (or the one that you respond to first as well).

2dimes wrote:I'm not looking for a dose of Covid Vaccine right now. The fact that Duke wrote about four different formulas they are trying tells me something is a bit odd about the whole thing so far.

I am not either. They rushed the vaccine, and right now is the trial period, sort of. What came before was the pre-trial period, I suppose.

2dimes wrote:I am not someone who thinks, "The bat-flu is a hoax." Just because statistics show more people die of other causes. Once two people died of Covid, I can accept that it might kill me. I understand people saying, "Don't buy into the hype, they are trying to scare us." I disagree that I should ignore the risk just because there are other things out there that might be worse.

I agree. COVID is not a hoax, and we should not ignore the risks that come with catching the virus. My personal opinion is that right now the fear is worse than the actual sickness. I know of many healthy people and many people with existing conditions (diabetes, autoimmune diseases, etc.) that handled COVID just fine without any vaccine or prescribed medications. We should help protect those who may be compromised, absolutely.

But, do you think the fear is worse than the sickness?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:26 pm

I will take the vaccine as soon as it's available to me. I'm not worried about getting sick from Covid or getting sick from the vaccine, I just want to get back to work travel and living my life without risking infecting others/spreading the problem. If taking the vaccine means I get get off of CC and back into the world I will take the 99.99% chance that I will be fine. I'd just like the moral certainty i'm not making the problem worse by seeing loved ones or traveling for work.

With that said, I'm very sympathetic to Confeds argument in regards to disease in general and how we manage it now...we are making ourselves weaker as a species. I also think Covid is a special exception though. It's new, virtually no one has natural immunity, and the world is on hold because of it and this is the best existing solution.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:15 pm

2dimes wrote:

There are obviously “good and bad” doctors... or perhaps better to say, it’s obvious some doctors are better than others.

In the case of Blood Pressure medicine... it’s not guessing.
It’s educated decision making. Drugs affect people differently... so sometimes they have to try a couple before landing on the right one.

That’s not the same as “guessing”.

Yay pills!

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:03 pm

"This stuff made your brother worse? Let's try it on you.
No good?
Try this.
Not working?
Try this.
Sort of helps? Let's up the dose.
That one seems to be working?
Oh good, the trial and error worked."

Could be worse I guess.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:39 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:I haven't taken it, but I vaccine dosed Saxi's Ensure this morning maybe you can ask him how he's doing over the coming weeks.

I've been rock hard all day.
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:I haven't taken it, but I vaccine dosed Saxi's Ensure this morning maybe you can ask him how he's doing over the coming weeks.

I've been rock hard all day.

You sir, are very welcome. perhaps mrswdk can help you with that?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,