Conquer Club

Addictive tendies

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Addictive tendancies

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:42 pm

riskllama wrote:*tendencies

*tendies

fixed
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Blah Blah Blah, I'm a boomer. I don't understand that all investments have risks and there are no guarantees. It's news to me that people lose money every day in the stock market, and that there isn't a guarantee that everyone gets to make money and sing Kumbaya together.

I also know where the price will be next week, so I can say for certain that those that bought in at this weeks high will lose everything. I'm super educated, I read one article a bear wrote and I'm a paperhanded bitch.

I do not KNOW where the price of Gamestop will be next week.

***A bunch of bullshit because I only know what I read on CNN***

It’s not going up anymore, and that means there’s only one place for it to go.

If you don't want tendies keep sitting on the sideline pussy, but don't assume everyone else is dumb and gonna get hurt.

Here's a guy Jim knows more than...

There really can't be another GME. Nothing else is/was even close to as shorted (100+% of float), so small (microcap) and so hated/ignored/dismissed prior to the #thebigshortsqueeze. It was a uniquely perfect set up. There won't be another like it. Much like #thebigshort. may go >$1000

- Michael J Burry
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:32 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
Blah Blah Blah, I'm a boomer. I don't understand that all investments have risks and there are no guarantees. It's news to me that people lose money every day in the stock market, and that there isn't a guarantee that everyone gets to make money and sing Kumbaya together.

I also know where the price will be next week, so I can say for certain that those that bought in at this weeks high will lose everything. I'm super educated, I read one article a bear wrote and I'm a paperhanded bitch.

If you don't want tendies keep sitting on the sideline pussy, but don't assume everyone else is dumb and gonna get hurt.

There really can't be another GME. Nothing else is/was even close to as shorted (100+% of float), so small (microcap) and so hated/ignored/dismissed prior to the #thebigshortsqueeze. It was a uniquely perfect set up. There won't be another like it. Much like #thebigshort. may go >$1000

- Michael J Burry

I understand the situation around Gamestop is fairly unique... and as understand that the recent frenzy is a culmination of a long simmering issue.

We will see what the price is on Wednesday and in mid February.

Thank you for keeping it polite.

I hope you sell before it crashes and/or bought at $20.
Sergeant 1st Class jimboston

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:36 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

- Michael J Burry

I understand the situation around Gamestop is fairly unique... and as understand that the recent frenzy is a culmination of a long simmering issue.

We will see what the price is on Wednesday and in mid February.

Thank you for keeping it polite.

I hope you sell before it crashes and/or bought at $20.

We like this stock, why sell? You seem really itchy about letting the shorts out of their position... you secretly shorting this one?

Too bad Blury didn't have you to explain to him how bad his investments in 2008 were
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:35 am

mookiemcgee wrote:We like this stock, why sell? You seem really itchy about letting the shorts out of their position... you secretly shorting this one?

Too bad Blury didn't have you to explain to him how bad his investments in 2008 were

If you like it... hold it.

Let’s just watch this page and see what happens.

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:35 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:We like this stock, why sell? You seem really itchy about letting the shorts out of their position... you secretly shorting this one?

Jim stock go up, stocks go down. Your thesis is the little guy is gonna get hurt, and yet all the evidence so far seems to be it's your buddies at Melvin that are hurting.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/melvin-capital-lost-53-in-january-hurt-by-gamestop-and-other-bets-11612103117

God forbid we allow the people you were smart enough to invest in the first place make their own decisions about how to exit.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Re: Addictive tendies

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:58 pm

Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:58 am

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:

Jim stock go up, stocks go down. Your thesis is the little guy is gonna get hurt, and yet all the evidence so far seems to be it's your buddies at Melvin that are hurting.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/melvin-capital-lost-53-in-january-hurt-by-gamestop-and-other-bets-11612103117

God forbid we allow the people you were smart enough to invest in the first place make their own decisions about how to exit.

You keep implying that I’m in on the short side, and calling these investors “my buddies”.

Neither is true.

I told you I can’t invest in individual stocks due to the nature of my wife’s job.
She doesn’t insider information but works for a company where people might, so they have rules for all employees.
We can only invest through certified places, and only in funds. Not quite a blind trust but similar.

So I have NO SKIN in this game personally.

You have not addressed a single point I have made... so now for the third time I say ‘let’s see what happens in the next few days... or maybe mid February latest’.

I’ve acknowledged that Hedge Funds have been hurt by this retail investor bum rush. It was actually very well thought out and executed by the main players on the Reddit group.

I am sure the main players have already pulled out their initial investment and some profit too.

I don’t think or suggest you (or any other investor) should dump 100% of your holdings. I would say sell some, enough at least to cover your initial buy-in and a fair profit. The rest sit on... if it goes up more you win again. If it tanks you still have your money back and whatever profit you already extracted. This is basic investing (and gambling) 101.

You also seem to think the Hedge Fund investors are losing money. It’s true some may invest their own money. It’s also true that (if they experience loses for the Quarter/Year) their bonuses will be reduced. In most cases however they are NOT playing with their own money. If the Hedge Funds win... then the managers win because they get better bonuses. If the Hedge Funds lose then the managers don’t lose... their investors lose. In some cases those investors are rich peeps, and in some cases the investors are Retirement Funds. Furthermore, their loses ripple through the market because (as you stated) they sometimes have to dump other stocks to cover their Shorts... and these sales can have a negative ripple effect on the market in general.

I’m not crying or apologizing... just stating facts that you seems to ignore.

Also, you say I’m TELLING you that you MUST sell. I’m telling no one anything.
Do what you want... but i am also free to talk and suggest.

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 am

mookiemcgee wrote:

The trading will be done... and some will have their tendies but many more will go home with empty pockets.

This mass group of retail investors held together solely by some Reddit Group will splinter.

I do find it interesting that it’s held this long.... there is definitely some cult-like qualities in this Reddit Group.

Postby 2dimes on Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:59 pm

Not withstanding mook's teasing that a guy should have bought GameStop stock and made a lot of money.

The objective of the Reddit group was to cause two things to happen.

• Save the company from destruction due to their stock being devalued by shorting.
  • Punish the hedge fund groups that planned to force the company into foreclosure to cover the costs of the stock becoming devalued by those that planned to short it for profit.

The reason most of the group bought stock was so GameStop could survive. They like being able to shop and trade physical copies of video games instead of going to WalMart or only buying digital copies.

Instead of Melvin and others who planned on sucking funds out of GameStop by buying at December prices to replace the stock they owed from selling at higher prices in the past. They were forced to invest money buying at last weeks prices.

The effect of that is GameStop has more money and can pay rent instead of having to close stores.

If those hoping to save GameStop wait, the stock should settle at a higher value than December but a lower value than at present. Since the current value has been increased due to demand.

If enough people sell while the stock value is too high it would still crash.

Do you understand that would prevent them from saving the company?

The answer should be yes or no, but Please... drone on with a humongous amount of words that attempt to explain away the actual objective of most of the folks that bought the stock.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:03 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

The trading will be done... and some will have their tendies but many more will go home with empty pockets.

This mass group of retail investors held together solely by some Reddit Group will splinter.

I do find it interesting that it’s held this long.... there is definitely some cult-like qualities in this Reddit Group.

Classic Hedge Fund apologist answer, they must be a cult because they don't understand value.

@2dimes .... we like the stock! Our firm give it 'buy and hold' rating to the moon (at least I got him to stop making some stupid semantic argument about the rigged monopoly game)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:26 pm

2dimes wrote:Not withstanding mook's teasing that a guy should have bought GameStop stock and made a lot of money.

The objective of the Reddit group was to cause two things to happen.

• Save the company from destruction due to their stock being devalued by shorting.
  • Punish the hedge fund groups that planned to force the company into foreclosure to cover the costs of the stock becoming devalued by those that planned to short it for profit.

The reason most of the group bought stock was so GameStop could survive. They like being able to shop and trade physical copies of video games instead of going to WalMart or only buying digital copies.

Instead of Melvin and others who planned on sucking funds out of GameStop by buying at December prices to replace the stock they owed from selling at higher prices in the past. They were forced to invest money buying at last weeks prices.

The effect of that is GameStop has more money and can pay rent instead of having to close stores.

If those hoping to save GameStop wait, the stock should settle at a higher value than December but a lower value than at present. Since the current value has been increased due to demand.

If enough people sell while the stock value is too high it would still crash.

Do you understand that would prevent them from saving the company?

The answer should be yes or no, but Please... drone on with a humongous amount of words that attempt to explain away the actual objective of most of the folks that bought the stock.

I don;t think it’s gonna crash to under $20 that fast.

My point is that a big number of people have purchased late... after it was already rising.

If you bought at $20 you are looking good... but if you bought at $150 you are in a dangerous position.

I agree SOME of the people had both those objectives you state.
1) I don’t believe this applies to the later buyers.
2) I think a lot of the initial investors don’t care about saving Gamestop... they really just wanted to screw the Hedge Funds.
3) I think a lot of the initial investors knew if they got the group buy-in the stock would shoot up, thereby earning them a lot of ‘tendies’. I think there are plenty of early investors who’ve already cashed in on their profits, which was their intent from the get-go.

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:27 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:(at least I got him to stop making some stupid semantic argument about the rigged monopoly game)

NOT Rigged

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Jim makes another uninformed post suggesting it's only a bubble and not a squeeze... snoooooze.

DIAMOND HANDS (emoji not supported on this forum)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:44 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Jim makes another uninformed post suggesting it's only a bubble and not a squeeze... snoooooze.

Well it definitely started as a Short Squeeze...a and it’s been sustained by media focus.

Maybe you can still call it a Short Squeeze, since it papers many Short Sellers are doubling down (or being replaced).

Regardless.. after it bursts (Wednesday / mid February?) we’ll all be calling it a Bubble.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:47 pm

jimboston wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:Jim makes another uninformed post suggesting it's only a bubble and not a squeeze... snoooooze.

Well it definitely started as a Short Squeeze...a and it’s been sustained by media focus.

Maybe you can still call it a Short Squeeze, since it papers many Short Sellers are doubling down (or being replaced).

Regardless.. after it bursts (Wednesday / mid February?) we’ll all be calling it a Bubble.

Boomers with nothing invested from the sideline can call it whatever they want, they are irrelevant. The idea of a squeeze is to leave the shorts (your buddies) holding the shares at the most expensive point, and it's not to keep Gamestop at $1000/share for the next 10 years.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:19 pm

The bubble as Jim calls it, (the current over inflated stock price) can finish in many different ways.

The three most obvious looking possibilities currently, are.

• The company runs profitably enough to sustain their value. *
  • Enough share holding entities sell to cause it to pop.
  • Enough people who want to save the company,
    bought in last year at significantly low enough,
    continue to hold and allow the company to operate until the stock settles to a realistic value.
    They can then decide between selling for a smaller profit, or just being GameStop owners.

If the second one which seems to be what Jim expects to happen happens, a bunch of suckers will lose money plus GameStop will disappear.

* That first one? Welcome to the land of fantasy. It certainly seems impossible with the likes of Amazon, WalMart, AliBaba and others... that are eliminating as much small business as they possibly can. Plus the two main gaming systems are trying to get everyone to switch exclusively to downloads to eliminate hard copies that can be kept and/or traded. Going to be tough to thrive based on customer loyalty and new gaming console sales.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:21 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
jimboston wrote:

Boomers with nothing invested from the sideline can call it whatever they want, they are irrelevant. The idea of a squeeze is to leave the shorts (your buddies) holding the shares at the most expensive point, and it's not to keep Gamestop at $1000/share for the next 10 years.

1) Not my buddies.

2) GME lost nearly 1/3rd of it’s value today...dropping $100/share.
It’s dropped another $30 in after hours trading as I type this.

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:27 pm

2dimes wrote:The bubble as Jim calls it, (the current over inflated stock price) can finish in many different ways.

continue to hold and allow the company to operate until the stock settles to a realistic value.
    They can then decide between selling for a smaller profit, or just being GameStop owners.

If the second one which seems to be what Jim expects to happen happens, a bunch of suckers will lose money plus GameStop will disappear.

* That first one? Welcome to the land of fantasy. It certainly seems impossible with the likes of Amazon, WalMart, AliBaba and others... that are eliminating as much small business as they possibly can. Plus the two main gaming systems are trying to get everyone to switch exclusively to downloads to eliminate hard copies that can be kept and/or traded. Going to be tough to thrive based on customer loyalty and new gaming console sales.

I’m not predicting Gamestop to disappear soon.

I agree long term prospects aren’t great, but I think there is a viable business model there somewhere.

The stock doesn’t have to tank to the pre-January 4th pricing. It can drop to $25/share. That would be enough for lots of late investors to lose big.

I don’t want/wish that to happen... that’s just what I am predicting.

I also predict the company can continue operating for a long time even if the stock drops to $25-$30 a share.

The company has a lot of cash on hand... one of the points the Reddit Group (or more specifically one of the leaders in the Reddit Group) made.

The company actually would prefer the stock to be fairly low, then they can afford to do some buyback.

The high stock price is not doing much for the company now... it;s not an indicator that let’s them borrow or anything real world.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:45 pm

jimboston wrote:
2dimes wrote:The bubble as Jim calls it, (the current over inflated stock price) can finish in many different ways.

I’m not predicting Gamestop to disappear soon.

I agree long term prospects aren’t great, but I think there is a viable business model there somewhere.

The stock doesn’t have to tank to the pre-January 4th pricing. It can drop to $25/share. That would be enough for lots of late investors to lose big.

I don’t want/wish that to happen... that’s just what I am predicting.

I also predict the company can continue operating for a long time even if the stock drops to $25-$30 a share.

The company has a lot of cash on hand... one of the points the Reddit Group (or more specifically one of the leaders in the Reddit Group) made.

The company actually would prefer the stock to be fairly low, then they can afford to do some buyback.

The high stock price is not doing much for the company now... it;s not an indicator that let’s them borrow or anything real world.

The company would prefer the stock to be low so they can do buy back? You really haven't read anything about gamestop at all have you? Blurry sent them a letter BEGGING them to buy their stock back at $4/share and they did nothing, it's public just take a quick google. Clearly a buyback wasn't in their plans before this, and certainly that isn't a viable idea now.

The stock price isn't doing much for the company right now, but having millions of individual shareholder who are committed to being long helps them ALOT regardless of the stock price at any given moment. I bet all their employees appreciate being able to keep their jobs for the foreseeable future (are these the little guys you said are getting hurt jim? Would they be better off on Covid Unemployment in your view?)

Two big things gamestop and it's board member investors could have done already and haven't... Sell their own stakes at these prices, and issue new shares for the company offered at these prices. They haven't done either, so if you believe Jim they are idiots and will get sued for not doing their fiduciary duty in issuing new stock... or they think the price could go even higher.

Today price drop came along with very low volume... the price went down in a series of short ladders but... people aren't selling! (in spite of what Jim and his cronies at CNBC/hedge funds are telling you)
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
The company would prefer the stock to be low so they can do buy back? You really haven't read anything about gamestop at all have you? Blurry sent them a letter BEGGING them to buy their stock back at $4/share and they did nothing, it's public just take a quick google. Clearly a buyback wasn't in their plans before this, and certainly that isn't a viable idea now.

The stock price isn't doing much for the company right now, but having millions of individual shareholder who are committed to being long helps them ALOT regardless of the stock price at any given moment. I bet all their employees appreciate being able to keep their jobs for the foreseeable future (are these the little guys you said are getting hurt jim? Would they be better off on Covid Unemployment in your view?)

Today price drop came along with very low volume... the price went down in a series of short ladders but... people aren't selling! (in spite of what Jim and his cronies at CNBC are telling you)

I didn’t say they were planning to do a buyback. I was saying that the price at some point before all this was artificially low... in part because all the cash they have on hand.

The price of the stock does little to impact the jobs of the people working at the store and/or whether or not the stores remain viable.

Stock price CAN sometimes help/hurt a business... if the business need loans and the stock is good for the long term then it helps them get cash. If a business has loans and the stock sinks in can make lenders call in or close their credit lines. Neither of these situations apply to Game Stop at the moment. If a stock dips so low that property / cash on hand has a blue higher than the market value of the stock... then yeah you can force a business closed that way. You don’t need GME at $100+ for it to remain a viable business. It only needs to have a value higher than the value of its’ current assets and it needs to actually BE a viable business (or show potential in some cases).

Stock is now down $35 in after market. $189.52/share as I write this.

It’ll be interesting to see the price on Wednesday and mid February.

I predict under $100 by end of week and floating around $35 by Valentine’s day.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:13 pm

jimboston wrote:I didn’t say they were planning to do a buyback.

jimboston wrote:

ok boomer
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:13 pm

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/bu ... tock-surge

Meanwhile another article, some investors is saying it’ll surge to $1000/share.

There’s no connection between Wall Street and Mall Street!

Postby jimboston on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:
ok boomer

Apparently you don’t know the meanings of words.

Also... let’s see how things look in a few days.

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:16 pm

jimboston wrote:
The price of the stock does little to impact the jobs of the people working at the store and/or whether or not the stores remain viable.

Going bankrupt (which they were on the verge of because of being shorted more than any stock in history) = No more jobs. (which tends to be bad for employees)

I would say it's like I'm debating a child... but it's much more like I'm debating an out of touch boomer.
Colonel mookiemcgee

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,