Conquer Club

Biden causes Crisis at the US-Mexico Border

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Biden causes Crisis at the US-Mexico Border

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:14 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:Ralf: 'Muslims are treated unfairly in the West'

jp: 'BuT wHaT aBoUt MyAnMaR??'

Never mind the 0/10 attempt to shift focus onto another country, there is also a pretty clear road leading from Indian, Myanmese, Chinese etc Islamophobia straight back to the US War on Terror, and how Islamophobes around the globe took it as a green light to persecute Muslims under the pretext of 'anti-extremism'. So, I guess, thanks for supporting my point?

Your responses continue to boil down to 'it's not true', 'okay it is true, but extremists' and then finally 'well someone else is worse'. It's actually a pretty similar structure to your posts discussing US emissions; are you using a template?

you are full of POOP. the type that stinks all the way out the other end

What am I to respond to?

the 0/10 attempt to shift focus onto another country

This statement is rather unclear. What does it mean?

there is also a pretty clear road leading from Indian, Myanmese, Chinese etc Islamophobia straight back to the US War on Terror, and how Islamophobes around the globe took it as a green light to persecute Muslims under the pretext of 'anti-extremism'.

So the allegation that Myanmar persecute these specific people is to be blame on the US war on Extremist?
1) not proven
2) ignores the situation, that the majority in Myanmar, Buddhist, want to push out the Muslims OUT, and the US policy has no bearing on this matter. I will allege this, given NO evidence to the contrary. I will do here what ralf does repeatedly.
3) ALL persecution of all Muslims are caused by the USA? That ignores the LONG LIST Terrorist acts by Muslims in Europe, many using trucks that I cited, and was TOTALLY ignored by ralf.
4) And the acts of terrorism in Nigeria was not even mentioned. I can find evidence for that, but it is very likely ralf will ignore that too.

are you using a template?[

I already said that I think for myself and do not use Rush Limbaugh or anyone else to direct my thinking. Basically, this entire allegation is false and FULL of holes (or POOP).

a pretty similar structure to your posts discussing US emissions;

Also false. HOW? UNPROVEN, merely alleged. Why do I need to defend against total GARBAGE? ralf's allegation is merely asserted and unproven. POOP.

Your responses continue to boil down to 'it's not true', 'okay it is true, but extremists' and then finally 'well someone else is worse'.

Again, FALSE. I have been consistent FROM THE START in my criticism and blame on Muslim EXTREMISTS. It is ralf who attempts to mislead, misquote, obfuscate, BASICALLY LIE, and THIS produce more POOP.

Nearly all of ralf's points are mere allegations and misleading statements. He attempts to twist my words into lies and/or weave a false narrative. There are no real substantive arguments made.

There: ALL points ralf made, that I called POOP, are refuted. ANY MORE questions?
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:25 pm

And right on cue:

jusplay4fun wrote:1) not proven

Think you'll find it's been fairly comprehensively proven:

https://thediplomat.com/2021/08/asia-an ... on-terror/

What did I say step 2 was again? 'Okay it's true, but extremists'?
Free Palestine
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:27 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
What am I to respond to?

the 0/10 attempt to shift focus onto another country

This statement is rather unclear. What does it mean?

Seems clear enough to me. You scored 0 out of 10 on your attempt to divert the narrative from your original conversation about Islamophobia in the U.S. to other countries. One of the first things I learned in school, way way waaaaaaaay back in Grade 1, was that "the other kids are doing it too!" is not a valid defense. Never was, never will be.

jusplay4fun wrote:
there is also a pretty clear road leading from Indian, Myanmese, Chinese etc Islamophobia straight back to the US War on Terror, and how Islamophobes around the globe took it as a green light to persecute Muslims under the pretext of 'anti-extremism'.

So the allegation that Myanmar persecute these specific people is to be blame on the US war on Extremist?

His hypothesis (if one is to address it fairly) is not that the U.S. is to blame for all the persecution, but that it certainly has increased, because when George Bush declared open season on Muslims around the world, other nations took it as a green light for their own persecutions.

Personally, I think his hypothesis is wrong, at least in terms of Burma. I think it's wrong because after reading it, I actually took a few minutes to check the dates. It seems the big three periods of anti-Rohingya persecution are 1977-78, 1989-90, and 2017-18. None of them lines up in any meaningful way with the 'War on Terror.' The middle one lines up with Bush Sr., but before Desert Storm, and even that's really a tortured connection at best. Plus the middle one is the smallest of the three (in terms of actual harm done to the Rohingya. ) So for all these reasons, I reject his hypothesis. But I actually made the effort to consider it and check the facts. I didn't just stick my finger in my ear and stand in the corner of the schoolyard yelling, "POOP! POOP! POOP!" You really sound like a petulant child when you do that.

jusplay4fun wrote:I have been consistent FROM THE START in my criticism and blame on Muslim EXTREMISTS.

So, because there are some Muslim extremists in the world, it's okay to persecute all Muslims? By that same logic, because there are some Christian extremists in the world, it should be okay to persecute all Christians. You're fine with that? An entire community should be punished for the crimes of a tiny minority within that community?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 pm

Duk: I NEVER said that AND NOW you are trying to "pull a suxi" by twisting my words. NOW I accuse you of POOP.

btw: I do not merely say POOP on you. I offer analysis and thought, as I see things. As I have already said, I have offered long details and analysis and there is NO response from ralf and others (besides you and Mookie, for the most part). I offer a long list from CNN of Muslim extremists acts of terror and that goes without comment. WHAT does THAT say? That you agree with me or not? That those acts are indeed acts of terror? Or can they be ignored? Are they irrelevant?

It is rather poor when someone else has to explain things like 0-10. Is that what HE (ralf) MEANT? That is still unclear and that is Duk's interpretation of what ralf may have meant. ralf has yet to offer his meaning.

I will applaud Duk for looking into the situation in Myanmar (formerly known as Burma). It proves my point, that much discrimination and persecution is NOT due "JUST to the anti-terrorism" of President George W. Bush.

Yes, some can suggest a connection, but attacks on the French by Muslim extremists and in MUCH OF EUROPE are not that closely connected to America's efforts. Some countries such as France have dealt with Muslim Extremists for a long time. As a case in point, some of the attacks in France can by linked to the publication Charlie Hebdo.

On 7 January 2015 at about 11:30 a.m. CET local time, two French Muslim brothers, Saïd and Chérif Kouachi, forced their way into the offices of the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris. Armed with rifles and other weapons, they killed 12 people and injured 11 others. The gunmen identified themselves as belonging to the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which took responsibility for the attack. Several related attacks followed in the Île-de-France region on 7–9 January 2015, including the Hypercacher kosher supermarket siege where a terrorist killed four Jewish people.

France raised its Vigipirate terror alert and deployed soldiers in Île-de-France and Picardy. A major manhunt led to the discovery of the suspects, who exchanged fire with police. The brothers took hostages at a signage company in Dammartin-en-Goële on 9 January and were shot dead when they emerged from the building firing.

On 11 January, about two million people, including more than 40 world leaders, met in Paris for a rally of national unity, and 3.7 million people joined demonstrations across France. The phrase Je suis Charlie became a common slogan of support at rallies and on social media. The staff of Charlie Hebdo continued with the publication, and the following issue print ran 7.95 million copies in six languages, compared to its typical print run of 60,000 in only French.

Charlie Hebdo is a publication that has always courted controversy with satirical attacks on political and religious leaders. It published cartoons of the Islamic prophet Muhammad in 2012, forcing France to temporarily close embassies and schools in more than 20 countries amid fears of reprisals. Its offices had been firebombed in November 2011 after publishing a previous caricature of Muhammad on its cover.

On 16 December 2020, 14 people who were accomplices to both the Charlie Hebdo and Jewish supermarket attackers were convicted.[5] However, three of these accomplices were still not yet captured and were tried in absentia.[5]
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:26 pm

NO IMPROVEMENT:

Why 15,000 Migrants Ended Up in One Spot on the U.S.-Mexico Border
The Biden administration’s response to the migrant crisis comes straight from Trump’s playbook: try to deter more from coming. It’s not working.

Last week, the Department of Homeland Security sent hundreds of additional U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents to Del Rio, called in the Coast Guard for reinforcement, and announced the administration’s plans to put migrants on planes and fly them out of the country, including sending many back to Haiti. At the same time, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott seized on the situation to mobilize hundreds of state troopers and Texas National Guard officers to Del Rio to “secure the border,” including by creating a “steel wall” of patrol vehicles to prevent more migrants from entering the country.

The highway to the port of entry between the U.S. and Mexico that so many Del Rio residents are used to crossing everyday has been closed until further notice, and the massive presence of officers from different state and federal agencies, along with helicopters overhead, gives the city a sense of military occupation. But that occupation has done little to fix the country’s broken immigration system, of which the scenes in South Texas are only the latest symptom.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/09/23/del-rio-desperation-dysfunction-immigration-513978

DEL RIO, Texas, Sept 24 (Reuters) - An impromptu border camp that roiled the U.S. government was cleared of thousands of Haitian migrants by Friday, with most remaining in the United States for now and others expelled on deportation flights or returned to Mexico.

Reuters witnesses said the jumble of makeshift shelters and tents had all but disappeared from Del Rio, Texas, with workers removing the last debris along the border with Mexico. State troopers lined the banks of the Rio Grande to discourage new crossings.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said nearly 30,000 migrants had been encountered in Del Rio in the past two weeks and that by morning there were none left in the camp beneath its international bridge.

More than 12,000 migrants will have a chance to make their case for protection before U.S. immigration judges, an estimated 8,000 voluntarily returned to Mexico, and 2,000 were expelled to Haiti. The fate of others detained is to be decided.

As well as the Biden administration's decision to send migrants back to chronic instability convulsing Haiti, Mexico has sought to bus and fly Haitians to its southern states.

Many of the Haitians arriving at the U.S. border had previously lived in Brazil and Chile, while others have transited through the South American countries.

Thousands more Haitians are moving through Central America, with others among around 16,000 awaiting boats into the jungles of the Darien Gap in Panama, a bottleneck on the journey north.

Not all migrant traffic is U.S.-bound. On Friday, around 100 mostly Venezuelan migrants were moving south into Chile's northern border in a bid to make a fresh start there.

PUSHED SOUTH

Haitians who crossed back to Mexico in recent days were met by Mexican officials who urged them to return to Mexico's southern border with Guatemala to request asylum there.

"We're not taking them out of the country," Francisco Garduno, head of the Mexican government's National Migration Institute (INM), told Reuters. "We're bringing them away from the border so there are no hygiene and overcrowding problems."

Mexico's Commission for Refugee Assistance (COMAR) is overwhelmed and scheduling appointments months away.

Official data show Haitians are less likely to have asylum claims approved in Mexico compared with many nationalities.

Last year, of all asylum claims that were formally resolved, only 22% of Haitian cases won approval, compared with 98% for Venezuelans, 85% of Hondurans, 83% of Salvadorans and 44% of Cubans. So far this year, the Haitian number is up to 31%.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-border-camp-cleared-haitians-thousands-more-move-2021-09-25/
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,