Conquer Club

The USA modeled after Ancient ROME...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The USA modeled after Ancient ROME...

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:49 am

---------------The USA was modeled after Ancient ROME...Heading for the same fate...
------------1)USA has Welfare.......1)ROME had free grain...
------------2)USA is made up with many cultures, Religions....2)ROME was made up from many cultures, Religions...
------------3)USA was built with slaves,slave labor...3)ROME was built with slaves...
------------4)USA protects it's Borders,Fights wars far away...4)ROME protected it's Borders, fighting wars,far away,edge of Empire...As the Huns,Visgoths would pour in,to put the final nail in the coffin of Ancient ROME...People are now pouring into The USA...It is an Invasion...as a crisis....
------------5)USA let's it's interior ,collapse .As it protects it's Borders....5)ROME let it's interior collapse,while protecting it's Borders...
------------6)USA has Great sports, entertainment arenas...6)ROME had Great sports, entertainment arenas...
------------7)USA Arenas keep the rich and high ups separate from regular people...ROME Arenas separated classes,rich,poor etc...
------------8)USA capital was attacked,now wants a standing army to protect the capital forever....8.)ROME, no standing army/legion in the capital...Not counting the Emperor's Pretorian Guard...When rioters burned ROME,After Nero's death,General Galba and his legion from Spain...Would be the 1st standing army/legion to enter ROME the capital of The Empire in over 200 years...
-----------9)USA went in the 2020 election...from being from the people, to a ONE PARTY RULE country...who will take away ,people's rights as Americans ,speech, to start with...etc...9)ROME...went from people/senators to an Emperor...
-----------10)USA is a REPUBLIC...modeled After Ancient ROME... ,not a Democracy......10)ROME...Was a REPUBLIC ,not a Democracy like Ancient Greece...
...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Tell me Doctor ,where are we going this time?is it 44 B.C. or 2029 A.D...I don't mind...But you better promise me...We'll be back in TIME... ;) ...That is why saving HISTORY is important... HISTORY always repeats... Especially when you ,model it too... :D
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: The USA modeled after Ancient ROME...

Postby betiko on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:40 am

after reading your idiotic cherry picking comparison, let me remind you a few things;

1) throughout history, every dominant empire has always collapsed. You could compare the USA to any of them, not only Rome... and there are dozens and dozens of examples. You can even compare with any living specie that has dominated the world. There is always something comming next.
2) how can you dare say that the USA was from the people when trump won an election with less people actually voting for him than for hilary? And insinuate that the current elections are illegitimate when biden won by a landslide over a trump that most americans couldn't stand one more day... a guy that tempted a coup over the capitol thinking he was in ancient rome with his pretorian guards? don't be silly.
Major betiko

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:10 pm

betiko wrote:after reading your idiotic cherry picking comparison, let me remind you a few things;

1) throughout history, every dominant empire has always collapsed. You could compare the USA to any of them, not only Rome... and there are dozens and dozens of examples. You can even compare with any living specie that has dominated the world. There is always something comming next.
2) how can you dare say that the USA was from the people when trump won an election with less people actually voting for him than for hilary? And insinuate that the current elections are illegitimate when biden won by a landslide over a trump that most americans couldn't stand one more day... a guy that tempted a coup over the capitol thinking he was in ancient rome with his pretorian guards? don't be silly.

---------You will have to ask the founding fathers...Why they picked to model The USA as a Republic,after Ancient ROME....Yes alot of Empires rise and fall....But ROME was one the only other Free stuff Empire ,now along with The USA...Other failed Empires,people had to work and die for their empire...
--------Now about "The People" also back those in All 50 states and terr./others....Not just New York City,L.A/Hollywood and Chicago...That is why the Electorial College is The People, So the USA is not just about a hand full of radicals...From a hand full of States or A few States with alot of people... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) .......Take free grain in Ancient ROME...Free welfare in America...you can't keep making your citizens pay for others who will not help themselves...Or you will have riots like ROME...and America...the riots in the summer not just on Jan. 6th ...Have to do with money,free stuff....If you think they had to do with Social Justice...Election fraud... you're crazy... Everything comes down money,free stuff...when the free stuff starts to dry up...Boom...Riots...PERIOD :!: :!: :!: Although that is what happens ,when you build a society on free stuff... :roll: ...Or model a country on such things... ;)
-------After World War II....We let America's interior collapse....Why will rebuilt Germany /Europe...Japan/Asia...back up.....Now are own Federal Reserve...is made up of 8 entities ...4 USA,4 others...One of those 4 others Japan and one other Germany...:(
-----As I said,The USA is on its way down to collapse like ROME...The only question now is when???...Yes,Betiko...One day America will be no more...Like all other Empires...,well except CHINA...The Dragon will last forever......
Major ConfederateSS

Postby 2dimes on Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:06 pm

Go dragon?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:50 pm

When the Rome was building up propaganda to justify an unjust war to destroy Carthage, she manufactured bogus stories about the Carthaginians practicing child sacrifice.

When the USA was preparing propaganda to justify an unjust war to destroy Iraq, she manufactured bogus stories about Iraqis ripping children from incubators and leaving them to die on the hospital floor.

Plus Ƨa change, plus c'est la mĆŖme chose.

Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Parallels can be made through History and they are NOT all the same. There are and can be similarities, but History does not repeat exactly the same. History can teach lessons, but cannot be used to predict the future.

I think that ConfSS forgot about the British Empire in some of his claims. Some of the ideas of freedom and rights of man originate there. I am thinking Magna Carta and other milestones that set the tone for democracy and rights and freedom for the common man. One other example is the The Case of Proclamations (1610).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_democracy#Early_Modern_Era_milestones
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 pm

Dukasaur wrote:When the Rome was building up propaganda to justify an unjust war to destroy Carthage, she manufactured bogus stories about the Carthaginians practicing child sacrifice.

When the USA was preparing propaganda to justify an unjust war to destroy Iraq, she manufactured bogus stories about Iraqis ripping children from incubators and leaving them to die on the hospital floor.

Plus Ƨa change, plus c'est la mĆŖme chose.

-----------Yes,for the children....When Napoleon was on the verge of crossing the channel...Yes,I know he never did....But The British Empire would use propaganda ...As they would tell stories to their children...That Napoleon was like the boogieman and was coming across the channel at night to steal them...Ah!, wonderful bedtime stories... :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:49 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Parallels can be made through History and they are NOT all the same. There are and can be similarities, but History does not repeat exactly the same. History can teach lessons, but cannot be used to predict the future.

I think that ConfSS forgot about the British Empire in some of his claims. Some of the ideas of freedom and rights of man originate there. I am thinking Magna Carta and other milestones that set the tone for democracy and rights and freedom for the common man. One other example is the The Case of Proclamations (1610).

--------If people(not you Jp4fun) bother to learn U.S. History....The reason for the comparison to ROME.....Is because the Founding Fathers used ROME to Make Their New Country....Not Ancient Greece...,Egypt,Babylon,Persia....They Used Ancient ROME period....so no other empire can be a mirror to The USA....But Ancient ROME...Those are the facts... Historical Facts...Period... :!: ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:31 pm

1) Yes, the US (and British) used the Roman model:

The United States: the Founding Fathers rejected limited 'democracy' run by traditionally defined aristocrats, the creation of a legally defined "Title of Nobility" is forbidden by the Constitution.[99][100][101] The Americans, as with the British, took their cue from the Roman republic model: only the patrician classes were involved in government.[102][103]

BUT there is a ALSO a strong ENGLISH influence:

The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the United States of America.[2] This founding document, originally comprising seven articles, delineates the national frame of government.

......SKIP to......

Two plans for structuring the federal government arose at the convention's outset:

The Virginia Plan (also known as the Large State Plan or the Randolph Plan) proposed that the legislative department of the national government be composed of a Bicameral Congress, with both chambers elected with apportionment according to population. Generally favoring the most highly populated states, it used the philosophy of John Locke to rely on consent of the governed, Montesquieu for divided government, and Edward Coke to emphasize civil liberties.[30]

The New Jersey Plan proposed that the legislative department be a unicameral body with one vote per state. Generally favoring the less-populous states, it used the philosophy of English Whigs such as Edmund Burke to rely on received procedure and William Blackstone to emphasize sovereignty of the legislature. This position reflected the belief that the states were independent entities and, as they entered the United States of America freely and individually, remained so.[31]

and for more details, skip again to:

Several ideas in the Constitution were new. These were associated with the combination of consolidated government along with federal relationships with constituent states.

The Due Process Clause of the Constitution was partly based on common law and on Magna Carta (1215), which had become a foundation of English liberty against arbitrary power wielded by a ruler.

Among the most prominent political theorists of the late eighteenth century were William Blackstone, John Locke, and Montesquieu.[43]

Both the influence of Edward Coke and William Blackstone were evident at the convention. In his Institutes of the Lawes of England, Edward Coke interpreted Magna Carta protections and rights to apply not just to nobles, but to all British subjects. In writing the Virginia Charter of 1606, he enabled the King in Parliament to give those to be born in the colonies all rights and liberties as though they were born in England. William Blackstone's Commentaries on the Laws of England were the most influential books on law in the new republic.

British political philosopher John Locke following the Glorious Revolution (1688) was a major influence expanding on the contract theory of government advanced by Thomas Hobbes. Locke advanced the principle of consent of the governed in his Two Treatises of Government. Government's duty under a social contract among the sovereign people was to serve the people by protecting their rights. These basic rights were life, liberty and property.

Montesquieu's influence on the framers is evident in Madison's Federalist No. 47 and Hamilton's Federalist No. 78. Jefferson, Adams, and Mason were known to read Montesquieu.[44] Supreme Court Justices, the ultimate interpreters of the Constitution, have cited Montesquieu throughout the Court's history.[45] (See, e.g., Green v. Biddle, 21 U.S. 1, 1, 36 (1823).United States v. Wood, 39 U.S. 430, 438 (1840).Myers v. United States, 272 U.S. 52, 116 (1926).Nixon v. Administrator of General Services, 433 U.S. 425, 442 (1977).Bank Markazi v. Peterson, 136 U.S. 1310, 1330 (2016).) Montesquieu emphasized the need for balanced forces pushing against each other to prevent tyranny (reflecting the influence of Polybius's 2nd century BC treatise on the checks and balances of the Roman Republic). In his The Spirit of the Laws, Montesquieu argues that the separation of state powers should be by its service to the people's liberty: legislative, executive and judicial.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_States#History
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby shavingcream on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:36 pm

interesting thread.
think its obvious now to anyone that looks the american empire is in its end times.
New Recruit shavingcream

Postby riskllama on Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:19 pm

shavingcream wrote:interesting thread.
think its obvious now to anyone that looks the american empire is in its end times.

You have to ask yourself if that's a bad thing.

I don't think I've met anyone in France who thinks their life was better when they ruled Algeria.
I don't think I've met anyone in Portugal who wishes they were still enslaving Mozambique.
I don't think I've met anyone in Germany who thinks they've suffered by losing control of New Guinea.

Exceptions might be found in England and Russia, where there are still a few who moan about the loss of their empire, but they are definitely in the minority.

Empires are only of benefit to the Parasites in Power. They do absolutely jack shit for the man on the street. For the man on the street, empire just means an opportunity to go off and die in some pointless war for some place he's never heard of. The end of empire is generally a good thing for the men who pay the bills for all those imperialist adventures.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:11 pm

I never said any such thing. I merely said there are a few parallels between Roman Empire and the USA of 2021. End times? NO.

The biggest threat to the USA Hegemony in the world is from China; Britain (U.K.) has been in decline since 1918 or so and Russia is too weak and too small economically. China will be severely hampered by their demographic "inverted pyramid'." Each current living person in China support 2 parents and 4 grandparents. AND the men outnumber the women by a large margin. Those population figures will hamper their attempts to dominate the world.

They do have more engineers and spend more on Science and R&D (at least according to President Biden during his press conference yesterday). They are also building up their Navy. So China is trying to become the next world leader.

When (and perhaps IF) they will pass the USA is the question NOW.

In the 1980s, Japan, then the #2 world economy was advancing and there was "concern" (in some circles) that Japan was going to pass the USA. Did THAT happen?

JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby shavingcream on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:38 am

".......... hamper their attempts to dominate the world." That shows an assumption that China is trying to dominate the world.
They are not, the business of China is business, its not war or domination.
New Recruit shavingcream

Postby shavingcream on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:42 am

"Empires are only of benefit to the Parasites in Power. They do absolutely jack shit for the man on the street. For the man on the street, empire just means an opportunity to go off and die in some pointless war for some place he's never heard of. The end of empire is generally a good thing for the men who pay the bills for all those imperialist adventures."

100% agree.

The Chinese understand history very well, they have seen what happens to empires, I doubt the Russians are interested in any more wars.
Right now they are working together to create a fair and equitable world, if it happens or not is anyones guess, but I do hope they figure it out.
New Recruit shavingcream

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

You have to ask yourself if that's a bad thing.

I don't think I've met anyone in France who thinks their life was better when they ruled Algeria.
I don't think I've met anyone in Portugal who wishes they were still enslaving Mozambique.
I don't think I've met anyone in Germany who thinks they've suffered by losing control of New Guinea.

Exceptions might be found in England and Russia, where there are still a few who moan about the loss of their empire, but they are definitely in the minority.

Empires are only of benefit to the Parasites in Power. They do absolutely jack shit for the man on the street. For the man on the street, empire just means an opportunity to go off and die in some pointless war for some place he's never heard of. The end of empire is generally a good thing for the men who pay the bills for all those imperialist adventures.

------Duk,I don't know if it is bad or good....But it isn't like when Empires of old lost their control...For Portugal and Germany still have a country...Ironic ,America is from England losted control.....But there is still an England....As Conquer Club's Fractured America map......The USA will cease to exsist...Like Ancient ROME or Persia......Where as, Egypt and Greece are still around....But I think the fall of America...The USA...Will break up into 10 or 12 countries...Who knows,if the Title USA...will live or die...I would bet on the latter...but that's me...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:54 pm

Did Armati change his name to shaving cream?
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:36 pm

shavingcream wrote:".......... hamper their attempts to dominate the world." That shows an assumption that China is trying to dominate the world.
They are not, the business of China is business, its not war or domination.

If that is your view, you do not seem well-informed:

Google search:
China attempt to dominate
About 26,000,000 results (0.43 seconds)

What Does China Really Want? To Dominate the World
Stop debating Beijingā€™s intentions and take Xi Jinping both seriously and literally.

By Hal Brands
May 20, 2020, 6:00 PM EDT

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-05-20/xi-jinping-makes-clear-that-china-s-goal-is-to-dominate-the-world

Can American Values Survive in a Chinese World?
A new book looks at the China challenge for the United Statesā€”and China itself.
BY TANNER GREER
OCTOBER 12, 2019, 7:00 AM

The Peopleā€™s Republic of China bounds from strength to strength. Every year sees increases in its wealth and power relative to the world. But what do its leaders hope to achieve with their newfound clout?

This is the topic of Jonathan D.T. Wardā€™s Chinaā€™s Vision of Victory. Ward is ideally placed to write such a book, boasting a doctorate from Oxford University in Chinese politics, a rĆ©sumĆ© that has led him across the Asian continent, and a political consultancy that he operates from Washington. His answer to the question ā€œWhat does China want?ā€ is simple: The Chinese want supremacy.

Chinaā€™s Vision of Victory is a useful antidote to the popular delusion that Chinese leaders seek nothing more than to roll back U.S. hegemony in the Western Pacificā€”or that they will be sated by becoming the dominant East Asian power. Despite presenting modest and peaceful ambitions to foreigners, the Chinese Communist Party leadership transparently communicates its desire for primacy to internal audiences.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/12/american-values-survive-chinese-world-xi-jinping/

EDITORS' PICK|Nov 12, 2019,08:28am EST|165,325 views
Chinaā€™s Grand Plan To Take Over The World

read into the article and:

Understand that Chinaā€™s total GDP in 1980 was under $90 billion in current dollars. Today, it is over $12 trillion. The world has never seen such enormous economic growth in such a short time.

Meanwhile, the Soviet Union collapsed and the internet was born. The US, as sole superpower, saw opportunities everywhere. American businesses shifted production to lower-cost countries. Thus came the incredible extension of globalization.

Chinaā€™s Hundred-Year Marathon

In The Hundred-Year Marathon, Michael Pillsbury marshals a lot of evidence showing the Chinese government has a detailed strategy to overtake the US as the worldā€™s dominant power.

They want to do this by 2049, the centennial of Chinaā€™s Communist revolution.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmauldin/2019/11/12/chinas-grand-plan-to-take-over-the-world/?sh=1f049915ab5d

China Standards 2035 and the Plan for World Dominationā€”Donā€™t Believe Chinaā€™s Hype
Although U.S. officials have grown increasingly concerned about China's participation in technical standards bodies and its forthcoming plan, China Standards 2035, it is important to distinguish posturing and proclamations from real risks.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/china-standards-2035-and-plan-world-domination-dont-believe-chinas-hype
Also:
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/china-superpower-two-paths-global-domination-cold-war/

AND MANY MORE......As I quoted earlier, 26 Million hits......
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:45 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:---------------The USA was modeled after Ancient ROME...Heading for the same fate...
------------2)USA is made up with many cultures, Religions....2)ROME was made up from many cultures, Religions...
------------3)USA was built with slaves,slave labor...3)ROME was built with slaves...
------------4)USA protects it's Borders,Fights wars far away...4)ROME protected it's Borders, fighting wars,far away,edge of Empire...As the Huns,Visgoths would pour in,to put the final nail in the coffin of Ancient ROME...People are now pouring into The USA...It is an Invasion...as a crisis....
------------5)USA let's it's interior ,collapse .As it protects it's Borders....5)ROME let it's interior collapse,while protecting it's Borders...
------------6)USA has Great sports, entertainment arenas...6)ROME had Great sports, entertainment arenas...
------------7)USA Arenas keep the rich and high ups separate from regular people...ROME Arenas separated classes,rich,poor etc...
------------8)USA capital was attacked,now wants a standing army to protect the capital forever....8.)ROME, no standing army/legion in the capital...Not counting the Emperor's Pretorian Guard...When rioters burned ROME,After Nero's death,General Galba and his legion from Spain...Would be the 1st standing army/legion to enter ROME the capital of The Empire in over 200 years...
-----------9)USA went in the 2020 election...from being from the people, to a ONE PARTY RULE country...who will take away ,people's rights as Americans ,speech, to start with...etc...9)ROME...went from people/senators to an Emperor...
-----------10)USA is a REPUBLIC...modeled After Ancient ROME... ,not a Democracy......10)ROME...Was a REPUBLIC ,not a Democracy like Ancient Greece...
...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Tell me Doctor ,where are we going this time?is it 44 B.C. or 2029 A.D...I don't mind...But you better promise me...We'll be back in TIME... ;) ...That is why saving HISTORY is important... HISTORY always repeats... Especially when you ,model it too... :D

Let me help you continue:
Rome had Augustus Ceasar who killed the republic, USA had Trump who is trying to kill the republic.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 am

and Trump was assassinated by Brutus

oh wait: wrong universe, wrong timeline

Silly Knig-it wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:---------------The USA was modeled after Ancient ROME...Heading for the same fate...

Let me help you continue:
Rome had Augustus Ceasar who killed the republic, USA had Trump who is trying to kill the republic.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby KoolBak on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:51 am

Tell us, oh wise noob, how much longer we have? Wondering if I have enough ammo.

Oh...and how fucking hard is it to take all your turns in 4 fucking games? Maybe you should STFU and play.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:10 am

As of now, he has been KO'd out of all 4 of his games. Apparently his play is as good as his opinions. BUT he is NEW, so maybe cut him some slack.

KoolBak wrote:

Tell us, oh wise noob, how much longer we have? Wondering if I have enough ammo.

Oh...and how fucking hard is it to take all your turns in 4 fucking games? Maybe you should STFU and play.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:53 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:As of now, he has been KO'd out of all 4 of his games. Apparently his play is as good as his opinions. BUT he is NEW, so maybe cut him some slack.

KoolBak wrote:

can you please write underneath what you quote and not over it.. as we all do? it's really disturbing
Major betiko

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:46 pm

NO

betiko wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:As of now, he has been KO'd out of all 4 of his games. Apparently his play is as good as his opinions. BUT he is NEW, so maybe cut him some slack.

KoolBak wrote:

can you please write underneath what you quote and not over it.. as we all do? it's really disturbing
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:46 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:NO

betiko wrote:

KoolBak wrote:

------- :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,