Conquer Club

The USA modeled after Ancient ROME...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The USA modeled after Ancient ROME...

Postby riskllama on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:17 pm

do you think if we maybe shortened cogent up a bit, it would see more use? maybe to something like “coges”? let’s try it out & see…
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:32 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I've addressed years ago why Rome and the US are not comparable. Why we need a thread on an old topic is beyond me.

Apparently:
1) no one here read it;
2) no one here remembers it;
3) you did not convince ConfSS, IF he EVEN read it;
4) Definitely, ConfSS did not read nor does not recall ANY of that, DDS.
5) No one has yet acknowledged what you wrote YEARS AGO. Perhaps those readers are no longer on CC.

You may want to address new readers and new posters, DDS. Things do change.

Heraclitus said, "You cannot step into the same river twice, for other waters are continually flowing on." How does this statement help illustrate his belief that "all is change"?
This statement is an analogy for his belief that everything is constantly changing. This idea, that the water and life within a river are always changing, even if the river looks the same, can be applied to life in general. People are never the same, changing in some way from our day-to-day experiences, and same with society.

Heraclitus c. 540 B.C.–c. 480 B.C.

Greek philosopher.

One of the most powerful Greek thinkers and prose artists of the archaic age, Heraclitus has been described by Charles H. Kahn as "perhaps the only pre-Socratic philosopher whose thought is of more than historical interest today."

Also:
Recently, someone chastised me for posting about global warming. I said not everyone here is convinced. Then, BINGO, ConfSS proved my point and so I went on the try to educate NEW readers who did not read or recall my posts from about ONLY THREE Years ago. And Duk started a NEW thread on the same topic, to avoid quotes from those who claim that they speak for God.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:36 pm

riskllama wrote:do you think if we maybe shortened cogent up a bit, it would see more use? maybe to something like “coges”? let’s try it out & see…

That word does not exist in the English language, Llama. YOU FAILED, again.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:59 pm

---------The HUNS did nail the final nail in the coffin of Ancient ROME... More on that in a minute..
----------------Now it is like Rome,when you say Americans don't want to work....Romans didn't work /want to...Their slaves did.....You say tribes looted Rome...Hold on...You might say...They liberated slaves,that had been forced into slavery by Rome....
-------O.k. back to the HUNS....Attila the HUN gave ROME a chance to pay up,kind of like The MOB in America would do,protection money....When ROME refused...He came in ,and delt The Death Blow to the Roman Empire...in a sense...Since it would re rise under The Church..THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE of Europe...years later....
------------Just as the Romans would waste the Roman Treasury on paying others to defend Rome's borders twords the end....of The Empire....
-----------The USA wasted it's Golden Age on Rebuilding...Germany,Japan,Europe and Asia after WW2....America let it's own Infrastructure decline,while building everyone else up....When The Japanese now own Hawaii ,money wise,...when they once bombed the Hell out of it....As Germany and Japan grew to Economic Super Powers...Own part of the U.S. Federal Reserve....Which consists of 8 entities ,which the U.S. now only owns 4....On top of That.... Rebuilding Germany and Japan etc. after WW2 ....But never America....The SOUTH still has not fully recovered from The War Between The States....To this very day....Maybe if such a rebuilding plan would have been sent to rebuilding The SOUTH the past 150 years,As Germany ,Japan,etc....America could have avoided the mess we are in right now....Not to mention letting our Railways, Highways...fall into total collapse...All over the country...
------Yes, Unions are to blame...Once were helping workers ,like miners or like Ford used to whip employees on the assembly line...But then,like everything else...Became in just helping their top officials...etc...Which help led to the flood of American companies going over seas for Slave labor...Ironic ...As long as the top gets rich...it is O.K...Just like the Roman elite...We know how that turns out... don't we...Yes,MOOKIE...That is why I will defend HISTORY...All HISTORY is Important...I know Jp4fun...just had to give Mook a shout out ,for his little dig against My attack on HISTORY thread... :D ...He knows which dig I speak of...As for Dish...soapy....If you don't know that the Founding Fathers modeled,yes, actually modeled The USA after Ancient ROME...Pick up a HISTORY book not written by the Radical LEFT....That fact alone has bound THE USA to Ancient ROME ,since it's founding in 1776(actually 1783 ,when we got our actual Freedom from England)...Set America on it's same fate....So,it is not like Persia,Austria Hungarian Empire or many others...The Founding Fathers did not model The USA on any other Empire but Ancient ROME....Like MOOKIE,I had to give Dishy a shout out ... Jp4fun...But No one can DeBunk that One Glowing FACT...The USA was modeled after Ancient ROME...Is suffering a slow painful death...Like it's Muse...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:06 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:I've addressed years ago why Rome and the US are not comparable. Why we need a thread on an old topic is beyond me.

Apparently:
1) no one here read it;
2) no one here remembers it;
3) you did not convince ConfSS, IF he EVEN read it;
4) Definitely, ConfSS did not read nor does not recall ANY of that, DDS.
5) No one has yet acknowledged what you wrote YEARS AGO. Perhaps those readers are no longer on CC.

You may want to address new readers and new posters, DDS. Things do change.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:This is why I asked for a comparison to which year. Don't think anyone would draw a comparison to ancient Rome to now and say "Gee, Rome was awesome, I'd rather live in that time".

Even then, my long bitch rant is focused on problems of today.

----Well, let us see...Rome was the leader of the known world,made up of many cultures...Rome protected it's borders while letting it's interior collapse from the inside out...Rome had free grain for it's citizens...THE UNITED STATES IS THE LEADER OF THE KNOWN WORLD IN 2017,made up of many cultures...THE UNITED STATES PROTECTS IT'S BORDERS,FIGHTS WARS FAR AWAY FROM IT'S SHORES...WHILE LETTING IT'S INTERIOR COLLAPSE FROM WITHIN...THE UNITED STATES HAS FREE FOOD/WELFARE... ,HEY,GUESS WHAT... YOU ARE LIVING IN THAT TIME...ALTHOUGH BACK THEN,PEOPLE GOT AROUND BY THE POWER OF THEIR OWN TWO FEET,NOT RIDDING AROUND IN CARS TO GO 1 STREET BLOCK TO THE CORNER STORE... :roll: ...ONCE AGAIN, YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF WORLD HISTORY IS SAD... :lol: :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D ...Gee ,America is awesome...You can serve your country,so drug dealers can be safe to sell crack rocks on every street corner....YES WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE...God bless america... :roll:

It must have been an incredibly sad day when you slithered out of the abortion bucket. I weep for mankind.

There's plenty of reasons why I would not draw a comparison from Rome to America. One of which, being an incredibly massive gap of then to today.
Rome at it's time, didn't have safe spaces, stress cards for their military, McDonalds, cellphones, or even toilet paper. They didn't have stores either, where they can ride on horseback, chariot or otherwise that would be one block away. Do you see why I'm not comparing Apples to Oranges yet, you dumb pizza delivery careerist?

And where do you get off from saying that my service supports drug dealings? You truly are the dumbest person that has ever graced CC. Everyone reading your post has now become dumber. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on...Whatever it is you possess.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:34 pm

---------To Bad for you Dish....But anyone who is stupid enough to Join today's woke Military...Or the past few decades...To Defend so called Freedom over seas ....While America itself,thanks to bleeding heart radical liberals...Protects ,coddles the Criminals....Treats law biding ,hard working citizens like They were the outlaws...Then those who serve Today's America ,are the FOOLS ...or as you say....GOD have mercy on their souls...I can't help the true facts across the country...The Military Defends the Constitution...The Constitution Defends the Drug Dealers...that kill Americans ....You were saying something about ...What...The TRUTH hurts don't it.....
--------- Believe me...To Tell the Truth isn't easy either....I watched the same Travesty happen to my Father...When your country spits on you....When He came home from Vietnam...,only to be treated like crap by Hippies,using the Constitution to defend their ,how do you say,GOD have mercy on their souls actions....But in 8 years as President , Obama poured in Really radical left led leaders in The Military...Got. RID OF THE REAL AMERICANS ,WHO FOUGHT,FIGHT OR CARE ABOUT AMERICAN VALUES....So,I STAND BY MY STATEMENT...If you want to serve in today's America's Military....YOU ARE A RADICAL LEFT LOVER ,or A FOOL...But America's collapsing anyway...So it really doesn't matter...
Major ConfederateSS

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:43 pm

If this is the extent of your refutation, DDS, I am not convinced. You did not present a cogent or even convincing case, other than the obvious one that the USA and Roman Empire are separated by some 1,600 years. THAT is the "Captain Obvious" difference. Then you lace your remarks with total vitriol and nastiness. THAT really makes your point so much more convincing. NOT.

Let me address a few issues that ConfSS raised.

I do not see the Holy Roman Empire as any kind of successor to the Roman Empire, as the Holy Roman Empire was not holy and hardly Roman.

The Holy Roman Empire (Latin: Sacrum Romanum Imperium; German: Heiliges Römisches Reich) was a multi-ethnic complex of territories in Western, Central and Southern Europe that developed during the Early Middle Ages and continued until its dissolution in 1806 during the Napoleonic Wars.[4]

The empire was created by joining in personal union and with the imperial title the crown of the Kingdom of Italy with the Frankish crown, particularly the Kingdom of East Francia (Later Kingdom of Germany), as well as titles of other smaller territories. Soon, these kingdoms would be joined by the Kingdom of Burgundy and Kingdom of Bohemia. By the end of the 15th century, the empire was still in theory composed of three major blocks – Italy, Germany and Burgundy. Later territorially only the Kingdom of Germany and Bohemia remained, with the Burgundian territories lost to France. Although the Italian territories were formally part of the empire, the territories were ignored in the Imperial Reform and splintered into numerous de facto independent territorial entities.[5][6][7][8] The status of Italy in particular varied throughout the 16th to 18th centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

ConfSS seems to say that the US ignored its infrastructure after WWII because of all the money sent to Europe in the Marshall Plan. I disagree. I will say that much of our infrastructure (roads, bridges, rails) was reasonably new and did not need to be LARGELY replaced immediately after WWII. I think that the rails were well maintained in the 1950s (IKE's years). The interstate highway system was STARTED by President Eisenhower, so we did NOT IGNORE infrastructure in the 1950s. NOW in 2021 we need those interstate roads and bridges updated and repaired. I am fine spending $1.2 TRILLION for that, assuming we can show SOME FISCAL responsibility to PAY for those repairs. The Federal Gas Tax for highway repairs was reasonably sufficient to maintain the roads during much of the past 40 years or so. SO I would say ConfSS is wrong on this issue.

Again, ConfSS does a cursory commentary on his comparison and ignore much of the academic sources that I already cited to refute his rather weak claim of the parallel. Yes, there are a few similarity, but ONE CANNOT use the past to predict the FUTURE. If it were that easy, people would not turn to fortune tellers and self-proclaimed experts on future GUESSES.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:07 pm

---------1st I think you know what I was saying about Drug Dealers and Criminals how America protects them...How far LEFT...The Military has gone... Jp4fun....I don't see how DDS thinks safe spaces are a good thing,or fast food restaurants...One Block away....At my family run store in CorkTown,Detroit,By then,Old Tiger Stadium...I watched perfectly healthy people...Come out of their house,get into their car,drive across the street ,come into the store,buy beer,lottery tickets...get back into their car ,drive back across the street,go back into their house....It wasn't like,they left the store and went to work or somewhere else....I know damn well ,even with Horses, Romans were not that lazy....
---------Rome had stores...They were called market places...Or in today's time... Supermarkets...What DDS,you have never heard of market places of the Ancient World...They are still around today...Guess where you are talking in right now...The Forum...Guess where that comes from...The Greatest Market Place of Ancient ROME...THE FORUM...But anyway...safe spaces... :roll: ... Remember when people didn't take every little thing as a dagger through the heart...Sticks and stones may break my bones,but words can never hurt me... Or I am rubber ,you are glue,whatever you say,bounces off me and sticks to you...Do the thin skinned liberals know nothing of the old sayings...
------------Jp4fun...What I say is true,in the fact the The Church,thanks to Constantine taking over ROME,making it Christian...Even today you could say ROME is with us at Vatican City....The Kings , Leaders that Formed the so-called Holy Roman Empire,using the Church,the last remenits of ROMAN EMPIRE...to form it...The Church was everything,during that time period...
O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby riskllama on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:50 pm

gotta watch them coges, DDS...;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:39 pm

I'm just trying to comprehend what the hell I'm reading and I'm pretty sure I'd have an easier time driving blind.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby 2dimes on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:49 pm

riskllama wrote:2dimes = just not very cogent

Is dat wut reks mie spellding?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:29 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I'm just trying to comprehend what the hell I'm reading and I'm pretty sure I'd have an easier time driving blind.

Open your eyes, DDS; that you usually helps. Open you ears and mind, too; that helps comprehension, I am told.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:29 am

2dimes wrote:
riskllama wrote:2dimes = just not very cogent

Is dat wut reks mie spellding?

No importa, yo tengo papel.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:35 am

riskllama wrote:gotta watch them coges, DDS...;)

You are better sticking to winks, nods, and shrugs, Llama. That is much more your speed since you do not understand the simple word cogent.

My succinct definition of the term is "strikingly convincing"

COGENT: adjective
(of an argument or case) clear, logical, and convincing.
"they put forward cogent arguments for British membership"

Definition of cogent
1a: appealing forcibly to the mind or reason : CONVINCING
cogent evidence
b: PERTINENT, RELEVANT
a cogent analysis
2: having power to compel or constrain
cogent forces
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:51 am

This thread seems to draw some attention, even from those who do not comprehend much of what they read.

More on the Holy Roman Empire:

The main difference between the Roman Empire and Charlemagne's Holy Roman Empire was that the Roman Empire was based in Rome, then Constantinople and Charlemagne’s empire was based in Central Europe, including what we now call Germany.

What is the difference between the Roman Empire and the Holy Roman Empire?
Roughly four and a half centuries separated the two empires, both of which were comprised of vast regions of western and central Europe. The Roman Empire was established in 27 B.C., when Augustus (also known as Octavian; 63 B.C.–A.D. 14), the grandnephew, adopted son, and chosen heir of Julius Caesar (100–44 B.C.), became emperor. His reign lasted until A.D. 476, when Rome fell to Germanic tribes.

The Holy Roman Empire (H.R.E.) began in the mid-900s A.D., when Otto I (912–973) of Germany gained control of most of northern and central Italy. Pope John XII (c. 937–964) crowned Otto emperor in 962. In the 1200s the area of power officially became known as the Holy Roman Empire. The H.R.E. was dismantled July 12, 1806, in the Confederation of the Rhine, which brought most of the German states under French domination—the result of the Napoleonic wars. But even after Napoleon Bonaparte (1769–1821) was permanently ousted as head of France in 1815, there were no attempts to reinstate the Holy Roman Empire.

https://www.papertrell.com/apps/preview/The-Handy-History-Answer-Book/Handy%20Answer%20book/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Roman-Empire-and-the-Holy/001137010/content/SC/52cafedc82fad14abfa5c2e0_default.html#:~:text=The%20Roman%20Empire%20was%20established,as%20Octavian%3B%2063%20B.C.%E2%80%93A.D.&text=The%20Holy%20Roman%20Empire%20(H.R.E.,Pope%20John%20XII%20(c.

The Holy Roman Empire (HRE; German: Heiliges Römisches Reich (HRR), Latin: Imperium Romanum Sacrum (IRS), Italian: Sacro Romano Impero (SRI)) was a German empire that existed from 962 to 1806 in Central Europe. It was ruled by the Holy Roman Emperor. Its character changed during the Middle Ages and the Early Modern period, when the power of the emperor gradually weakened in favour of the princes. In its last centuries, its character became quite close to a union of territories. The empire's territory was centered on the Kingdom of Germany, and included neighboring territories, which at its peak included the Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of Burgundy. For much of its history, the Empire consisted of hundreds of smaller sub-units, principalities, duchies, counties, Free Imperial Cities and other domains.

In 962 Otto I was crowned Holy Roman Emperor (German: Römisch-Deutscher Kaiser), although the Roman imperial title was first restored to Charlemagne in 800. Otto was the first emperor of the realm who was not a member of the earlier Carolingian dynasty. The last Holy Roman Emperor was Francis II, who abdicated and dissolved the Empire in 1806 during the Napoleonic Wars. In a decree following the 1512 Diet of Cologne, the name was officially changed to Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation (German: Heiliges Römisches Reich Deutscher Nation, Latin: Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicæ).

The territories and dominion of the Holy Roman Empire in terms of present-day states comprised Germany (except Southern Schleswig), Austria (except Burgenland), the Czech Republic, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Slovenia (except Prekmurje), besides significant parts of eastern France (mainly Artois, Alsace, Franche-Comté, French Flanders, Savoy and Lorraine), northern Italy (mainly Lombardy, Piedmont, Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Trentino and South Tyrol), and western Poland (mainly Silesia, Pomerania and Neumark).

Name

The term sacrum (i.e., "holy" in the sense of "consecrated") in connection with the medieval Roman Empire was used from 1157, under Frederick I Barbarossa ("Holy Empire"; the form "Holy Roman Empire" is attested from 1254 onward). The term was added to reflect Frederick's ambition to dominate Italy and the Papacy. Before 1157, the realm was merely referred to as the Roman Empire.

In a decree following the 1512 Diet of Cologne, the name was officially changed to Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation (German: Heiliges Römisches Reich Deutscher Nation, Latin: Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicæ). This form was first used in a document in 1474.

The Holy Roman Empire was named after the Roman Empire and was considered its continuation. This is based in the medieval concept of translatio imperii. The French Enlightenment writer Voltaire remarked sardonically: "This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire."

http://www.holyromanempireassociation.com/history-of-the-holy-roman-empire.html

There is much more History of the H. R. E. at this link above. Basically, the H. R. E. was mostly some sort of an alliance among many regions and peoples and was largely German and NOT ROMAN.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:37 am

--------Yes,the former northern part of The Roman Empire...Which it's leaders now Christian...Formed an Empire so to speak...Of a lot of Christian European Empires...But make no mistake...They did nothing without approval from the Pope...Yes,The POPE...The Church,The Pope was GOD on Earth....Where Kings would come to talk to the Pope...In one instance, The Pope kept the King waiting outside Vatican City/Rome...for Weeks and Weeks in the snow....Showing the Power of the Pope/Church....In GOD's name, The Frankish Rulers made up The Holy Roman Empire.....named after and in the northern part of Ancient ROME....An example of another thing like it ,let's see...I guess... Alliances....NATO....Guess would be a other example...An Empire of Empires...To battle or keep Europe safe from the EAST/Ottoman Empire...Or in today's case NATO vs Russia /Soviet Union...Yeah, that's right,they are not fooling anyone....They are still The Soviet Union...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:40 am

ConfederateSS wrote:---------1st I think you know what I was saying about Drug Dealers and Criminals how America protects them...How far LEFT...The Military has gone... Jp4fun....I don't see how DDS thinks safe spaces are a good thing,or fast food restaurants...One Block away....At my family run store in CorkTown,Detroit,By then,Old Tiger Stadium...I watched perfectly healthy people...Come out of their house,get into their car,drive across the street ,come into the store,buy beer,lottery tickets...get back into their car ,drive back across the street,go back into their house....It wasn't like,they left the store and went to work or somewhere else....I know damn well ,even with Horses, Romans were not that lazy....
---------Rome had stores...They were called market places...Or in today's time... Supermarkets...What DDS,you have never heard of market places of the Ancient World...They are still around today...Guess where you are talking in right now...The Forum...Guess where that comes from...The Greatest Market Place of Ancient ROME...THE FORUM...But anyway...safe spaces... :roll: ... Remember when people didn't take every little thing as a dagger through the heart...Sticks and stones may break my bones,but words can never hurt me... Or I am rubber ,you are glue,whatever you say,bounces off me and sticks to you...Do the thin skinned liberals know nothing of the old sayings...
------------Jp4fun...What I say is true,in the fact the The Church,thanks to Constantine taking over ROME,making it Christian...Even today you could say ROME is with us at Vatican City....The Kings , Leaders that Formed the so-called Holy Roman Empire,using the Church,the last remenits of ROMAN EMPIRE...to form it...The Church was everything,during that time period...

ConfSS,

I comprehend what you are saying here (despite all the grammar and spelling errors) and agree with most of your key points.

However, I do not share your sense of pessimism. If the USA is collapsing, as you say, and as saxi wants, then you may as well go into your bunker, wrap your head in tin foil, and be sure your generator can power your TV and your computer. Only come out of the bunker when the bullets and rockets stop flying to re-stock and throw out the trash. Sounds a lot like Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, Sudan, Somalia, El Salvador, and many other places. No wonder ralf emigrated to the U.K. And in Norway, be wary of men carrying bows and arrows.

I work with and have taught enough good young people to know that the future in NOT THAT BLEAK. They do need to spend less time with their nose within inches of their cell phones.

Studies show that too much time on social media can lead persons to anxiety and even depression. Perhaps I need to read less pessimism and vitriol that pervades much of what I see here in these Forums.

To me, one of the major ironies is that we have basically eliminated hunger for nearly ALL in the USA. Now people worry about too many crazy OTHER things, like a virus leading to tracking by a falsely perceived chip implanted with the vaccine. We have replaced worry and anxiety of basic needs (food, shelter, clothing) with worry about too many other things that are not really bad, like so-called and non-existent "systemic racism."

How does a nation RIFE with "systemic racism" elect 1) a black President, 2) re-elect him, 3) a black Vice President, all within 20 years? Explain how this country supposedly FULL of racists elect Gov. Ron DeSantis, Congressmen Rashida Harbi Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Joaquin Castro, and also Gov. Nikki Haley. And look at all the non-white politicians elected to many offices ALL over the USA.

Are there some racists in the USA? Yes, just like there are racists and racism ALL OVER The Big Wide World. Is racism a huge problem in the USA? NO. The USA has passed many laws to stem and combat the worst of racism. The only non-protected class is white men between the ages of 18-50. Everyone else is protected by law from blatant discrimination. We even have lawyers for illegal aliens who are not US Citizens representing them in US Courts. (That is one function of TOO MANY LAWYERS in the USA.)

We need more good people WORKING to help their families, helping build a better community, and helping those less fortunate. We need fewer people sitting on their ass waiting for their "gobment" welfare checks and fewer folks complaining and lamenting what a terrible nation we are.

It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus says:

"Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father."

— Matthew 5:15-16, New American Bible Revised Edition
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:26 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:---------1st I think you know what I was saying about Drug Dealers and Criminals how America protects them...How far LEFT...The Military has gone... Jp4fun....I don't see how DDS thinks safe spaces are a good thing,or fast food restaurants...One Block away....At my family run store in CorkTown,Detroit,By then,Old Tiger Stadium...I watched perfectly healthy people...Come out of their house,get into their car,drive across the street ,come into the store,buy beer,lottery tickets...get back into their car ,drive back across the street,go back into their house....It wasn't like,they left the store and went to work or somewhere else....I know damn well ,even with Horses, Romans were not that lazy....

ConfSS,

I comprehend what you are saying here (despite all the grammar and spelling errors) and agree with most of your key points.

However, I do not share your sense of pessimism. If the USA is collapsing, as you say, and as saxi wants, then you may as well go into your bunker, wrap your head in tin foil, and be sure your generator can power your TV and your computer. Only come out of the bunker when the bullets and rockets stop flying to re-stock and throw out the trash. Sounds a lot like Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, Sudan, Somalia, El Salvador, and many other places. No wonder ralf emigrated to the U.K. And in Norway, be wary of men carrying bows and arrows.

I work with and have taught enough good young people to know that the future in NOT THAT BLEAK. They do need to spend less time with their nose within inches of their cell phones.

Studies show that too much time on social media can lead persons to anxiety and even depression. Perhaps I need to read less pessimism and vitriol that pervades much of what I see here in these Forums.

To me, one of the major ironies is that we have basically eliminated hunger for nearly ALL in the USA. Now people worry about too many crazy OTHER things, like a virus leading to tracking by a falsely perceived chip implanted with the vaccine. We have replaced worry and anxiety of basic needs (food, shelter, clothing) with worry about too many other things that are not really bad, like so-called and non-existent "systemic racism."

How does a nation RIFE with "systemic racism" elect 1) a black President, 2) re-elect him, 3) a black Vice President, all within 20 years? Explain how this country supposedly FULL of racists elect Gov. Ron DeSantis, Congressmen Rashida Harbi Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Joaquin Castro, and also Gov. Nikki Haley. And look at all the non-white politicians elected to many offices ALL over the USA.

Are there some racists in the USA? Yes, just like there are racists and racism ALL OVER The Big Wide World. Is racism a huge problem in the USA? NO. The USA has passed many laws to stem and combat the worst of racism. The only non-protected class is white men between the ages of 18-50. Everyone else is protected by law from blatant discrimination. We even have lawyers for illegal aliens who are not US Citizens representing them in US Courts. (That is one function of TOO MANY LAWYERS in the USA.)

We need more good people WORKING to help their families, helping build a better community, and helping those less fortunate. We need fewer people sitting on their ass waiting for their "gobment" welfare checks and fewer folks complaining and lamenting what a terrible nation we are.

It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

In the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus says:

"Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father."

— Matthew 5:15-16, New American Bible Revised Edition

......Hey,I just noticed....You are not posting above the quote,like the time I posted in regular type,when you noticed... :D
-----------I don't know about Saxi...But I am not hiding in a Bunker....I haven't hid like the LEFT wants Americans to do vs the Global Pandemic...I will Defend Real AMERICAN VALUES...till the end,going down swinging....If need be...LIKE ,Nathan Hale,George Custer,...Each chose their own Path...I will let GOD choose one of those paths for me...When the time comes...If It happens while I am here...
Major ConfederateSS

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:39 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:I'm just trying to comprehend what the hell I'm reading and I'm pretty sure I'd have an easier time driving blind.

Open your eyes, DDS; that you usually helps. Open you ears and mind, too; that helps comprehension, I am told.

Nah I'm good. Would rather troll, be bitter and drink my booze.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:15 am

It isn't necessary to quote entire messages all the time. Generally, good message board hygiene is to only quote the relevant passages that one is replying to.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby 2dimes on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:13 am

Really duke? You're offering tips, hoping to help two of the worst posters here tidy up their abysmally wretched posting styles? Talk about an excercise in futility. A guy can dream I suppose.

It seems like they don't even read the huge chunks of text they quote. They misinterpret everything nearly every time they respond. Maybe Grandma Lee Dot Calm could help.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:11 am

Dukasaur wrote:It isn't necessary to quote entire messages all the time. Generally, good message board hygiene is to only quote the relevant passages that one is replying to.

Saxi is making threats towards me on my wall, do something!
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby 2dimes on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Saxi is making threats towards me on my wall, do something!

That can't be real. Who would make threats on someone's wall?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:45 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:It isn't necessary to quote entire messages all the time. Generally, good message board hygiene is to only quote the relevant passages that one is replying to.

Saxi is making threats towards me on my wall, do something!

A hand job is better than no job at all though
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,