Conquer Club

The USA modeled after Ancient ROME...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The USA modeled after Ancient ROME...

Postby KoolBak on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:09 am

:lol:

jusplay4fun wrote:NO

betiko wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:As of now, he has been KO'd out of all 4 of his games. Apparently his play is as good as his opinions. BUT he is NEW, so maybe cut him some slack.

KoolBak wrote:
shavingcream wrote:interesting thread.
think its obvious now to anyone that looks the american empire is in its end times.

Tell us, oh wise noob, how much longer we have? Wondering if I have enough ammo.

Oh...and how fucking hard is it to take all your turns in 4 fucking games? Maybe you should STFU and play.

can you please write underneath what you quote and not over it.. as we all do? it's really disturbing
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby The ram on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:28 am

think its obvious now to anyone that looks the american empire is in its end times.

The shortest reign of any empire. 1945-2020s. Those that have the real power are done using America and have the entire world in their crosshairs.
General The ram

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Is this a new trend?

KoolBak wrote::lol:

betiko wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:As of now, he has been KO'd out of all 4 of his games. Apparently his play is as good as his opinions. BUT he is NEW, so maybe cut him some slack.

KoolBak wrote:

Tell us, oh wise noob, how much longer we have? Wondering if I have enough ammo.

Oh...and how fucking hard is it to take all your turns in 4 fucking games? Maybe you should STFU and play.

can you please write underneath what you quote and not over it.. as we all do? it's really disturbing
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:20 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Is this a new trend?

KoolBak wrote::lol:

betiko wrote:

KoolBak wrote:

NOPE.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Aradhus on Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Major Aradhus

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:21 pm

8 striking parallels between the U.S. and the Roman Empire
Is our republic coming to an unceremonious end? History may not be on America's side
By STEVEN STRAUSS
DECEMBER 27, 2012 2:32AM (UTC)

https://www.salon.com/2012/12/26/8_striking_parallels_between_the_u_s_and_the_roman_empire/

AlterNetLawrence Lessig's Republic Lost documents the corrosive effect of money on our political process. Lessig persuasively makes the case that we are witnessing the loss of our republican form of government, as politicians increasingly represent those who fund their campaigns, rather than our citizens.

Anthony Everitt's Rise of Rome is fascinating history and a great read. It tells the story of ancient Rome, from its founding (circa 750 BCE) to the fall of the Roman Republic (circa 45 BCE).

When read together, striking parallels emerge -- between our failings and the failings that destroyed the Roman Republic. As with Rome just before the Republic's fall, America has seen:

1 -- Staggering Increase in the Cost of Elections, with Dubious Campaign Funding Sources: Our 2012 election reportedly cost $3 billion. All of it was raised from private sources - often creating the appearance, or the reality, that our leaders are beholden to special interest groups. During the late Roman Republic, elections became staggeringly expensive, with equally deplorable results. Caesar reportedly borrowed so heavily for one political campaign, he feared he would be ruined, if not elected.

There are seven more parallels. You can read at the link above.

Another article:
The Fall of Rome and Modern Parallels
Thursday, November 1, 1979

https://fee.org/articles/the-fall-of-rome-and-modern-parallels/ for above heading

One more article, below:

https://internationalman.com/articles/decline-of-empire-parallels-between-the-us-and-rome-part-i/

As some of you know, I’m an aficionado of ancient history. I thought it might be worthwhile to discuss what happened to Rome and based on that, what’s likely to happen to the U.S. Spoiler alert: There are some similarities between the U.S. and Rome.

But before continuing, please seat yourself comfortably. This article will necessarily cover exactly those things you’re never supposed to talk about—religion and politics—and do what you’re never supposed to do, namely, bad-mouth the military.

There are good reasons for looking to Rome rather than any other civilization when trying to see where the U.S. is headed. Everyone knows Rome declined, but few people understand why. And, I think, even fewer realize that the U.S. is now well along the same path for pretty much the same reasons, which I’ll explore shortly.

Rome reached its peak of military power around the year 107, when Trajan completed the conquest of Dacia (the territory of modern Romania). With Dacia, the empire peaked in size, but I’d argue it was already past its peak by almost every other measure.

The U.S. reached its peak relative to the world, and in some ways its absolute peak, as early as the 1950s. In 1950 this country produced 50% of the world’s GNP and 80% of its vehicles. Now it’s about 21% of world GNP and 5% of its vehicles. It owned two-thirds of the world’s gold reserves; now it holds one-fourth. It was, by a huge margin, the world’s biggest creditor, whereas now it’s the biggest debtor by a huge margin. The income of the average American was by far the highest in the world; today it ranks about eighth, and it’s slipping.

But it’s not just the U.S.—it’s Western civilization that’s in decline. In 1910 Europe controlled almost the whole world—politically, financially, and militarily. Now it’s becoming a Disneyland with real buildings and a petting zoo for the Chinese. It’s even further down the slippery slope than the U.S.

BTW: you may post above or below; it does not matter to me.

JP
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:37 pm

one more; I read most of this:

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/1/18139787/rome-decline-america-edward-watts-mortal-republic

What America can learn from the fall of the Roman Republic
The Roman Republic destroyed itself. Are we on a similar path?

By Sean Illing@seanillingsean.illing@vox.com Updated Aug 15, 2020, 9:01am EDT

Sean Illing
The title of your book is a reminder that all political systems are finite and will, eventually, die. Rome lasted centuries before it ultimately imploded. How worried are you about the trajectory of the American republic?

Edward Watts
I’m extremely worried. But I still believe our decline is reversible. I trust that enough people recognize that it’s better to have a dysfunctional republic than to have nothing at all. And in Rome, you do have these moments of retrenchment, where people step back and say this is quite bad, this is too much, we have to pull back.

But it’s up to Americans, just like it was up to voters in Rome, to defend our institutions and to punish people who are misusing the tools that are supposed to make it strong to instead undermine it. No one else will do it on their behalf.

So I think it’s by no means a foregone conclusion. History doesn’t work that way. And there have been moments where the US looked to be in grave trouble and managed to bounce back. But we have to be really vigilant and defend the integrity of the republic, and defend the integrity of our system, and punish those who abuse our institutions and violate our norms.

This article was originally published on January 1, 2019.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:12 am

-----------Warning to All who can't see The Redo Of Ancient Rome....The USA... History always repeats....Wake up America....Who knows ,the 2nd coming of Jesus ,might be closer then you think...He might be walking among us right now...Just waiting to make an appearance...But ,after the U.S. Congress takes care of Big Tech....You know if Jesus speaks right now on social media....He will be banned ...in flash....Faster than being crucified...But crucified by Big Tech standards... ;) ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...He might even be C.C.LAND's own Jesus Noir,have I mentioned,The C.C.LAND community is very lucky to have you Jesus Noir...We love you... =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D ... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby 2dimes on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:39 am

He might be walking among us right now...Just waiting to make an appearance...

Easy now. When he shows up everyone will notice.

Acording to the translators of the King James Version, Matthew wrote:
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:10 am

Love it. ConfSS has ignored my response from early April until now, so for about six months. And now he wants to recycle ideas that I have already debunked as an over-simplified parallel; further, history does not repeat in that way. I have heard about this comparison for at least 30 years.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:15 am

2dimes wrote:

Acording to the translators of the King James Version, Matthew wrote:
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

And you realize, of course, that many have been predicting of His return since about 40 A.D.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Here is one of MANY, from the above source:

4 Feb 1962 Jeane Dixon, various Indian astrologers Dixon predicted a planetary alignment on this day was to bring destruction to the world. Mass prayer meetings were held in India.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:37 am

Should I trim the quote down a bit?

... if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:04 am

2dimes wrote:Should I trim the quote down a bit?

... if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

NO, simply explain why this is THE TRUE prediction, as opposed to ALL those I cited in my previous post.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:09 am

Well, since it will be something no one on Earth can miss.

I presume it has not happened yet, so I don't understand your question.

If you doubt any or all of the things Matthew wrote around two thousand years ago, which has been translated by several independent organizations, all who agree on content apart from the Watch Tower Society, then included in their versions of canonized bibles, you certainly could simply ignore that warning.

You would have been free to follow people like Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, or David Koresh. Those are three somewhat recent examples of guys whose followers claimed they were, "Just like..." And/or, "The return of..."

Maybe I'm just imagining it, yet those suicide cults certainly fit the criteria in this warning from earlier in the chapter.
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

I'm actually interested to read about it in the forum here if you decide to follow Confederatess and check out his guy.

Good luck.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:50 pm

2dimes wrote:Well, since it will be something no one on Earth can miss.

If you doubt any or all of the things Matthew wrote around two thousand years ago, which has been translated by several independent organizations, all who agree on content apart from the Watch Tower Society, then included in their versions of canonized bibles, you certainly could simply ignore that warning.

You would have been free to follow people like Jim Jones, Marshall Applewhite, or David Koresh. Those are three somewhat recent examples of guys whose followers claimed they were, "Just like..." And/or, "The return of..."

Maybe I'm just imagining it, yet those suicide cults certainly fit the criteria in this warning from earlier in the chapter.

I'm actually interested to read about it in the forum here if you decide to follow Confederatess and check out his guy.

Good luck.

------------To be fair ,the last time JESUS visit Mankind....Sure ,The 3 wisemen knew...Mary, Joseph.....But HE really didn't let Himself known BIG TIME to Everyone,Leaders...Jewish...Roman....Until 3 decades after HE came...To Earth...Think about it...What if HE is in His redo as a teenager right now...

------------As for you Jp4fun......The Democrats have finally screws America up....It is he worse than ever before....You can't give everyone FREE SHIT... Forever.... Ancient Rome had free grain...The USA led Democrats...Welfare...An Empire Can't Survive...that way.... Someone has to work...someone has to provide all the FREE SHIT.....The Rich,the few that there are... Don't really care about everyone... Democrats holding on to POWER... Hollywood,other Famous Elite... Don't care about anyone but themselves either...The more poor people the bring in ,to trick them into voting for Democrats...FREE SHIT...FREE SHIT...Paying people to do nothing...The American Middle Class is being worked into extinction...Not to mention,America is a service country now...America doesn't manufacturer anything,that it once did...America is a country of nurses,cops,stores,gas stations workers...All the Major production is done over seas...It is like a Mirror or Ancient ROME...Book ends....ROME started out Non Religion to an extent....Till Emperor Constantine turn ROME... Religious.....The USA started out Religious...Has now turned it's back on Religion... Becoming an Atheist STATE run Empire....There is the War factor...ROME fought at Empire's at end Borders...
----------The USA has always been protected by The Atlantic, Pacific Oceans,Canada to the North...Mexico to the South...The Monroe Doctrine ...Keeping Other world Powers out of the Americas....But with missiles ,Subs,Long Range Bombers....America has gotten small...It still fought it's wars over seas...Once it became a World Power,when The USA defeated Spain...in the Spanish American War....Gaining a vast Over Seas Empire...In The Pacific...and Portia Rico...Could have kept Cuba,but it's Freedom is why the USA fought in the 1st place....The Freedom Empire Was rising in The USA,as you say other Empires were dying out at the Dawn of the 20th Century....
-----------Yes, America's Golden Age was the IKE Years...The 1950's......As the Marxists,Bleeding Heart Liberals would begin to destroy America from within in the 1960's...As The USA still fought wars over seas... Ignoring America itself...Here we Are In Today's America...There is no going back....The LEFT RUN GOVERNMENT,MEDIA, INDUSTRIES, EDUCATION....After 6 decades of brainwashing...IT IS TO LATE TO TURN AROUND.....As THE HUNS poured into Ancient ROME.....BIDEN has left our Southern Border wide open... Millions of people pour in...to add to the collapse...Just like the HUNS coming over the 7 hills of Rome itself...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Where CHINA has lasted 5,000 years...They are the Best...At playing the Empire Forever Game...
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:48 pm

2dimes wrote:Should I trim the quote down a bit?

why trim the quote? I got the gist and meaning of it when I first read it. And I have read it BEFORE you posted this on CC.

What is your point? Are you predicting the end of the world? IF so, you can join the HUGE list that I cited. NO one knows when the world will end. PERIOD.

from Matthew chapter 24:

35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

The Day and Hour Unknown
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:54 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:
2dimes wrote:Well, since it will be something no one on Earth can miss.

Good luck.

------------To be fair ,the last time JESUS visit Mankind....Sure ,The 3 wisemen knew...Mary, Joseph.....But HE really didn't let Himself known BIG TIME to Everyone,Leaders...Jewish...Roman....Until 3 decades after HE came...To Earth...Think about it...What if HE is in His redo as a teenager right now...

------------As for you Jp4fun......The Democrats have finally screws America up....It is he worse than ever before....You can't give everyone FREE SHIT... Forever.... Ancient Rome had free grain...The USA led Democrats...Welfare...An Empire Can't Survive...that way.... Someone has to work...someone has to provide all the FREE SHIT.....The Rich,the few that there are... Don't really care about everyone... Democrats holding on to POWER... Hollywood,other Famous Elite... Don't care about anyone but themselves either...The more poor people the bring in ,to trick them into voting for Democrats...FREE SHIT...FREE SHIT...Paying people to do nothing...The American Middle Class is being worked into extinction...Not to mention,America is a service country now...America doesn't manufacturer anything,that it once did...America is a country of nurses,cops,stores,gas stations workers...All the Major production is done over seas...It is like a Mirror or Ancient ROME...Book ends....ROME started out Non Religion to an extent....Till Emperor Constantine turn ROME... Religious.....The USA started out Religious...Has now turned it's back on Religion... Becoming an Atheist STATE run Empire....There is the War factor...ROME fought at Empire's at end Borders...
----------The USA has always been protected by The Atlantic, Pacific Oceans,Canada to the North...Mexico to the South...The Monroe Doctrine ...Keeping Other world Powers out of the Americas....But with missiles ,Subs,Long Range Bombers....America has gotten small...It still fought it's wars over seas...Once it became a World Power,when The USA defeated Spain...in the Spanish American War....Gaining a vast Over Seas Empire...In The Pacific...and Portia Rico...Could have kept Cuba,but it's Freedom is why the USA fought in the 1st place....The Freedom Empire Was rising in The USA,as you say other Empires were dying out at the Dawn of the 20th Century....
-----------Yes, America's Golden Age was the IKE Years...The 1950's......As the Marxists,Bleeding Heart Liberals would begin to destroy America from within in the 1960's...As The USA still fought wars over seas... Ignoring America itself...Here we Are In Today's America...There is no going back....The LEFT RUN GOVERNMENT,MEDIA, INDUSTRIES, EDUCATION....After 6 decades of brainwashing...IT IS TO LATE TO TURN AROUND.....As THE HUNS poured into Ancient ROME.....BIDEN has left our Southern Border wide open... Millions of people pour in...to add to the collapse...Just like the HUNS coming over the 7 hills of Rome itself...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...Where CHINA has lasted 5,000 years...They are the Best...At playing the Empire Forever Game...

I agree with a few of your points, but your thinking shows a cursory level of analysis.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:15 pm

You're quoting Matthew chapter 24 in your argument against parts of Matthew chapter 24, how does that work?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:10 am

2dimes wrote:You're quoting Matthew chapter 24 in your argument against parts of Matthew chapter 24, how does that work?

My key point is that NO ONE knows when the world will end, so to predict that is silly. You seem to not comprehend that.

Your point is very unclear to me, to be honest. It appears to me that you are saying "The End is Near." So what are you saying?
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby 2dimes on Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:40 am

You didn't seem to read it the first time, and I was not even addressing you, but here you go.

2dimes wrote:

Why you pretend that was somehow a prediction of when, instead of me simply pointing out, we can be confident he is not back on Earth in flesh yet.

Which I backed up by quoting him telling his disciples, when he comes back in that form, it will be different from the first time he was here, next time everyone alive will see him arrive.

Is indeed mysterious.

Then again I noticed a while ago, you are so self absorbed, that you can not follow what people actually write and seperate it from extra things you imagine then add on.

So I will leave you to it, and don't let the reality of the fact that I never even hinted, "The End is Near." interfere with your argument.

Again, good luck. Have fun, I hope you win.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:10 am

2dimes,

You do not write clearly nor well. Your last post had at least two errors. You fail to present your ideas in a cogent, coherent, or even lucid manner. No wonder I APPARENTLY misunderstood your intent.

Try Grammarly; perhaps that will improve your writing.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:54 am

Let me address a few specific issues that ConfSS has raised.

ConfSS said:
Yes, America's Golden Age was the IKE Years.

Realize the times and the circumstances of this era. Most of Europe and Japan was in ruin as a result of WWII. The Economies of the world were in horrible shape and took years to rebuild. American Industry was pre-eminent in the entire world as NO OTHER country had the manufacturing capacity of the USA. The Marshall Plan was helping REBUILD Europe.

Marshall Plan, 1948
In the immediate post-World War II period, Europe remained ravaged by war and thus susceptible to exploitation by an internal and external Communist threat. In a June 5, 1947, speech to the graduating class at Harvard University, Secretary of State George C. Marshall issued a call for a comprehensive program to rebuild Europe. Fanned by the fear of Communist expansion and the rapid deterioration of European economies in the winter of 1946–1947, Congress passed the Economic Cooperation Act in March 1948 and approved funding that would eventually rise to over $12 billion for the rebuilding of Western Europe.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/marshall-plan

So, yes, the years after WWII, including the "IKE Years" were at time of great prosperity and growth for the USA. Competition from Europe and Japan did not really become significant until after the 1970s with the Arab Oil Embargo lead by OPEC and Saudi Arabia. The USA by then started to get bloated and fat with complacency. The Auto Industry is a good example as the Big Three made muscle cars and saw little need to innovate nor to produce significantly better cars. Unions assured lucrative employee compensation packages (contracts) for their union members.

you can't give everyone FREE SHIT.

No kidding. Liberal Democrat continue to want to
1) solve all problems, real and perceived, by throwing more money at them;
2) want to give away money on more social welfare, such as free child care in the $3,5 Trillion bill currently stalled in Congress;
3) want to allow any poor person from any country cross into the USA ILLEGALLY to get more "Free SHIT."
4) spend money like Drunken Sailors, but one key difference: The Drunken Sailor of old stopped spending money when his cash ran out.
5) spend money we do not have by a) printing more, b) borrowing more, and/or c) tax "ONLY" the Rich and corporations.
6) use BAD economic policy.

As I have said before and elsewhere, they do not understand basic economics. When you create more money (see #5 above) and create disincentives to work and invest, you create more demand and do not significantly add incentives to produce more goods and services. The result is: INFLATION. It is happening and getting worse.

The Supply Chain issues for many goods is a clear illustration of Bad Economics by the Liberal Democrats in the Congress and President Biden's Administration. Ships cannot unload their cargo and goods due to a worker shortage at the docks and ports. Even if that were done, there is a HUGE shortage of Truck Drivers to get those goods from the ports to the markets. THANKS, Biden. Children will not get their toys for Christmas and we cannot get cars to market. Grocery prices continue to rise. The price of gasoline increases almost daily. (Thanks for shutting down pipelines, Biden.) Price of Natural gas is up at least 100%. INFLATION.

Where are we headed? It seems to me that we are returning to the days of STAGFLATION of the Jimmy Carter Presidency. We are likely to have a stagnant, slow or no Growth Economy and Inflation together. THAT means that WE ALL get to suffer, except the REALLY RICH, most of whom give LOTS of money to help elect these PROGRESSIVE Democrats, many of whom are socialists, like Bernie Sanders and AOC and Tlaib.

BIDEN has left our Southern Border wide open... Millions of people pour in...to add to the collapse...Just like the HUNS coming over the 7 hills of Rome itself.

NOT wide open, but enough to encourage many to head to the US Southern border. For example, now Haitians, who fled the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere and went to Brazil and other SOUTH American countries, are now trying to get to the USA. Of the 20,000 or so at the border crossing and camp at Del Rio, Texas, about 2.000 were flown back to Haiti, some 7,000 agreed to go back to Mexico, and some 13,000 or about 65% were allowed INTO the USA to wait a Court HEARING. THAT will encourage those others NOT to try to get into the USA ILLEGALLY. Yeah, RIGHT. THANKS, Biden.

As I have said elsewhere and often, most try to enter the USA ILLEGALLY because of the terrible poverty, gangs, and violence they live with everyday. I understand that. BUT we (in the USA) give away TOO MUCH FREE STUFF already to our citizens and Democrats want to give away MORE FREE STUFF to illegal aliens and ILLEGAL immigrants.

The Goths and Vandals and other tribes looted and burned Rome and parts of the Empire. These ILLEGALS into the USA want a better life and want to work. THAT is commendable, especially since many American citizens do not want to work NOW. HUGE Difference.

CLARIFICATION: The HUNS did not invade Rome; other tribes did. The HUNS did push other tribes toward Rome, so they INDIRECTLY helped cause the Fall of Rome.

The fall of Rome is an example of the domino effect. The domino effect comes from the idea of placing dominoes on their sides, one next to another, and then intentionally knocking the first one in the line over into its neighboring domino. This creates a chain reaction and all of the dominoes fall down, one after another. For the fall of Rome, it was the Huns invading from the east that caused the domino effect, they invaded (pushed into) the Goths, who then invaded (pushed into) the Roman Empire.

The fall of the Western Roman Empire is a great lesson in cause and effect. A cause leads to an effect.

In the following examples of cause and effect, you can say the word "because" before you read the cause, and then finish the sentence with the effect. Like this: Because Roman legions evacuated Britannia in AD 406, the Anglo-Saxons moved into Britannia. You could also say the word "so" in between the cause and effect, like this: The Huns pushed other groups westward, so the Vandals invaded Spain, north Africa, and sacked Rome.

Roman legions evacuate Britannia in AD 406. (Cause)
The Anglo-Saxons move into Britannia (Effect)

The Huns push other groups westward, eventually into Roman territory. (Cause)
Aleric and the Visigoths sack Rome, AD 410 (Effect)

Vandals invade Spain, north Africa, and sack Rome in AD 455 (Effect)

https://www.penfield.edu/webpages/jgiotto/onlinetextbook.cfm?subpage=1492781
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 am

I've addressed years ago why Rome and the US are not comparable. Why we need a thread on an old topic is beyond me.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby 2dimes on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:08 am

Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:02 pm

2dimes = just not very cogent
Lieutenant riskllama

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,