Conquer Club

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY 2021 A.D.!!!529th Ann.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY 2021 A.D.!!!529th Ann.

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:01 am

---------- HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY 2021 A.D. /529th Ann. :!: =D> =D> =D> ...He isn't known for Discovering the New World...He is known for Proving The World is not FLAT....Like Galileo is known for Proving the Earth revolves around the SUN....Stop trying to Hate on the man....Who The KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS have continued to represent...As they have done Wonderful Work helping people...Much like the Shriners ...But they don't drive around in small cars and mini-bikes in parades,or T.V. Commercials....They are a Catholic Organization,(on their own)...So some stupid people might stay away from Cheering on the K. of C....But the K.of C. should be given they respect they deserve,as well as Christopher Columbus....Yes,we all know people were in the Americas first...Even Explorers ,before him like...Lief Erikson...Or in the Pacific Coast of America... Chinese Explorer Zhang He in 1421...But once again,The World at the time in Europe,was thought to be flat...He would fall off the edge of the world...He went anyway...That is guts...He deserves to be Honored.... =D> =D> =D> ...
------------My Father was a member of The KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS for over 76 years,until he passed on to HEAVEN...He would play in K.of C. charity basketball games...with The K.of C. Vs the KKK...would shoot 3 pointers over those dunce cap wearing jackasses...back in the 50's and 60's... Imagine how much could be raised in 2021 between the 2 today... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...I remember back in the 70's going with him to Indian Reservations ,The Dakotas and Montana,With the K.of C. taking gifts for the children...That was KOOL... 8-) 8-) 8-) ...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
--------- CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS/THE KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS FOREVER :!: =D> =D> :D :D O:) =D> =D> =D> .... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY 2021 A.D.!!!529th Ann.

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 pm

---------As to the haters..........If there was no COLUMBUS....There would be no North and South America...He named them after his map making friend....There would be no pilgrims (shout out to our neighbors to the North,who wouldn't be celebrating CANADIAN THANKSGIVING when We celebrate COLUMBUS DAY).... escaping British hating on chosing one's religion....There would be no USA ....You know the country that put a stamp on winning 2 World Wars....A country that everyone comes running to seek Freedom....Even Today...millions flock across the Southern Border to The USA...All thanks to COLUMBUS.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> ....I doubt ,millions would run to move to a Nation run by The Comanche, Apache,etc....You can't pick any other Nation on Earth today people are running to...Other Than The USA.....Go ahead name one....That millions are flocking to....Go on NAME ONE :!: :!: :!: ...You can't....All Thanks to COLUMBUS.... =D> =D> =D> =D> ...You know,The One MAN,The LEFT Liberal ,Marxists try and portray as EVIL :( ....... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:40 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:---------As to the haters..........If there was no COLUMBUS....There would be no North and South America...He named them after his map making friend....There would be no pilgrims (shout out to our neighbors to the North,who wouldn't be celebrating CANADIAN THANKSGIVING when We celebrate COLUMBUS DAY).... escaping British hating on chosing one's religion....There would be no USA ....You know the country that put a stamp on winning 2 World Wars....A country that everyone comes running to seek Freedom....Even Today...millions flock across the Southern Border to The USA...All thanks to COLUMBUS.... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> ....I doubt ,millions would run to move to a Nation run by The Comanche, Apache,etc....You can't pick any other Nation on Earth today people are running to...Other Than The USA.....Go ahead name one....That millions are flocking to....Go on NAME ONE :!: :!: :!: ...You can't....All Thanks to COLUMBUS.... =D> =D> =D> =D> ...You know,The One MAN,The LEFT Liberal ,Marxists try and portray as EVIL :( ....... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

U.K.? Italy? Germany? I think many and most countries in Europe, especially western Europe, have had significant immigration from the Middle East, Africa, and much of the world, as I recall.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2018/03/22/at-least-a-million-sub-saharan-africans-moved-to-europe-since-2010/

International migration from countries in sub-Saharan Africa has grown dramatically over the past decade,1 including to Europe2 and the United States. Indeed, most years since 2010 have witnessed a rising inflow of sub-Saharan asylum applicants in Europe, and lawful permanent residents and refugees in the U.S.

The factors pushing people to leave sub-Saharan Africa – and the paths they take to arrive at their destinations – vary from country to country and individual to individual. In the case of Europe, the population of sub-Saharan migrants has been boosted by the influx of nearly 1 million asylum applicants (970,000) between 2010 and 2017, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of data from Eurostat, Europe’s statistical agency. Sub-Saharan Africans also moved to European Union countries, Norway and Switzerland as international students and resettled refugees, through family reunification and by other means.3

also:

ROME (Reuters) - The number of migrants landing on Italy’s shores has more than doubled in the last year as an economic crisis in Tunisia fuels migration in boats across the Mediterranean, Interior Minister Luciana Lamorgese said on Saturday.

More than 21,000 people reached Italy between August 2019 and the end of July, up 148% year-on-year, the minister said, speaking at an annual Aug. 15 press conference.

Lamorgese said the majority of the arrivals were “autonomous landings, hard to manage... with small boats and dinghies”, rather than those rescued at sea and brought ashore. Many of them land on Italy’s southern Mediterranean island of Lampedusa.

In the 12-month period, just over 5,000 people were rescued, mainly by ships operated by NGOs, according to data from the ministry.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-migrants-minister/number-of-migrants-landing-in-italy-more-than-doubles-in-past-year-idUSKCN25B0SO
Immigration to Germany refers to the movement of non-German citizens to Germany. Since 1990, Germany has consistently ranked as one of the five most popular destination countries for immigrants in the world.[2] As of 2019, around 13.7 million people living in Germany, or about 17% of the population, are first-generation immigrants.[3] The majority of immigrants in Germany are from Eastern Europe, Southern Europe and the Middle East.

Immigration to modern Germany has generally risen and fallen with the country's economy.[4] The economic boom of the 2010s, coupled with the elimination of working visa requirements for many EU citizens, brought a sustained inflow from elsewhere in Europe.[5] Separate from economic trends, the country has also seen several distinct major waves of immigration. These include the resettlement of ethnic Germans from eastern Europe after World War II, the guest worker program of the 1950s–1970s, and ethnic Germans from former communist states claiming their right of return after the breakup of the Soviet Union.[6] Germany also accepted significant numbers of refugees from the Yugoslav wars in the 1990s and the Syrian civil war.

Motivated in part by low birth rates and labor shortages, German government policy towards immigration has generally been relatively liberal since the 1950s,[7] although citizenship laws remained relatively restrictive until the mid-2000s. On 1 January 2005, a new immigration law came into effect. The political background to this new law was that Germany, for the first time ever, was acknowledged to be a destination for immigrants. The practical changes[clarification needed] to immigration procedures were relatively minor. New immigration categories, such as "highly skilled professional" and "scientist" were introduced to attract valuable professionals to the German labour market. The development within German immigration law shows that immigration of skilled employees and academics has eased[clarification needed] while the labour market remains closed for unskilled workers.

According to the federal statistics office in 2016, over one out of five Germans has at least partial roots outside of the country.[8]

In March 2020, Germany enacted new rules under the 2019 Skilled Immigration Act (de:Fachkräfteeinwanderungsgesetz).[9] The new rules expand the availability of German work visas to qualified skilled immigrants from outside the EU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Germany

Germany has been deemed as the fifth most favourable country to move to. This favorability is due to its well-performing economy, education system, and employment opportunities. People from all over the world want to have a chance to move to Germany. This article will focus on information about how to move to Germany and general immigration to Germany.

https://www.germany-visa.org/immigration-residence-permit/immigration-germany/
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby riskllama on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:31 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ConfederateSS on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:41 pm

-----------One,in a short period of time......Not a decade.......Two,Those Countries have shut their borders...Three,Most of those people are Commonwealth citizens of those countries(exception Germany),or people who live in former colonies...Like Algeria,they move to France etc...England ,the SUN never sets on the British Empire...Etc....Are people staying in those countries...Or just using them as a stepping stones to their ultimate goal...The land of the free...USA... Everyone wants into the USA,I am shocked there are still any countries left on the planet...The Democrats are bent on letting 22 million in the USA in the next couple of years...Take the other countries,the people have to work...for a living...when they go there...Where in America,Free Heath Care, Education,Food,Money,Housing...Free,Free,Free...America's the land of the Free alright...Why would people go anywhere else....HELL,I don't blame them...I'm thinking of going to South America,and working my way up through Mexico and Texas...Get in on the Trick or Treating... :D ...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:31 am

I'm basically pro Columbus Day I just wish it weren't honoring an Italian of all people.
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 am

Hey! What's a matta you?
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:51 am

2dimes wrote:Hey! What's a matta you?

Hey! You gotta no respect!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby 2dimes on Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:00 am

I was thinking Chico Marx but that works better because it's more accurate, that song actually contains the line.

Maybe I thought Chico preformed the song when it came out.

... It's a nice a place..
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:50 pm

It's a not so bad
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:01 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:-----------One,in a short period of time......Not a decade.......Two,Those Countries have shut their borders...Three,Most of those people are Commonwealth citizens of those countries(exception Germany),or people who live in former colonies...Like Algeria,they move to France etc...England ,the SUN never sets on the British Empire...Etc....Are people staying in those countries...Or just using them as a stepping stones to their ultimate goal...The land of the free...USA... Everyone wants into the USA,I am shocked there are still any countries left on the planet...The Democrats are bent on letting 22 million in the USA in the next couple of years...Take the other countries,the people have to work...for a living...when they go there...Where in America,Free Heath Care, Education,Food,Money,Housing...Free,Free,Free...America's the land of the Free alright...Why would people go anywhere else....HELL,I don't blame them...I'm thinking of going to South America,and working my way up through Mexico and Texas...Get in on the Trick or Treating... :D ...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

TWO comments:

ONLY 22 million? ConfSS. You sure that is ALL?

and I like your comment, ConfSS, about the USA is the Land of the FREE, FREE, FREE. I complain all the time in RL about how the Democrats keep giving away FREE stuff TO BE PAID by someone LATER. They do not understand economics. They engage in Folly and terrible financial IRRESPONSIBILITY.

Get this: we borrow money today to give to children (via Child Tax Credit) so that those same children can pay that loan back with INTEREST in some 20-30 years. THAT make LOTS of sense. "I will gladly get one hamburger today and pay you Tuesday (or tomorrow)." That is SENSIBLE, RIGHT?

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/advance-child-tax-credit-payments-in-2021

In the old Popeye cartoons, on what day would Wimpy pay you back "for a hamburger today"?
J. Wellington Wimpy, generally referred to as Wimpy, is one of the characters in the long-running comic strip Popeye, created by E. C. Segar and originally called Thimble Theater, and in the Popeye cartoons based upon the strip. Wimpy was one of the dominant characters in the newspaper strip, but when Popeye was adapted as an animated cartoon series by Fleischer Studios, Wimpy became a minor character; Dave Fleischer said that the character in the Segar strip was "too intellectual" to be used in film cartoons.

Hamburgers are Wimpy's all-time favorite food, and he is usually seen carrying or eating one or more at a time – e.g. in Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor he is seen grinding meat or eating burgers almost the entire time – however, he is usually too cheap to pay for them himself. A recurring joke involves Wimpy's attempts to con other patrons of the diner into buying his meal for him. His best-known catchphrase started in 1931 as "Cook me up a hamburger. I'll pay you Thursday." In 1932, this then became the famous "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today". This phrase is now commonly used to illustrate financial irresponsibility and still appears in modern comedies such as The Drew Carey Show and The Office. The initial part of the phrase was even the title of season 4's episode 6 of Cheers, 'I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday'.

https://quizzclub.com/trivia/in-the-old-popeye-cartoons-on-what-day-would-wimpy-pay-you-back-for-a-hamburger-today/answer/77854/
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:33 pm

--------22 million is Biden's goal...maybe that is when the shut off valve will be turned off???
----------Wimpy economics... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...I am well aware....
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:07 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:22 million is Biden's goal.

I don't know what Biden's goal might be, but I do know that it's a basic economic fact that rich countries cannot survive economically without a constant influx of cheap labour from poor countries.

People raised to expect white-collar jobs are not willing to go backwards and do menial jobs. Class mobility is almost always one way. People move upwards and almost never move downwards. The street sweeper will bust his ass to make sure he can send his kids to university and they can become software engineers, but no software engineer is going to let his kids become street sweepers. Once freed from menial labour, people born in comfort will never become street sweepers or tomato pickers or window washers. And yet, the streets still need to be swept, the tomatoes still need to be picked, the windows still need to be washed.

I don't know if your 22 million figure is correct, but I'm willing to believe that it is. It's about 7% of your current population, and that seems pretty plausible as the number of workers you need to import to keep your economy from crashing over the next few years. Nobody born in a rich country is going to lower himself to picking tomatoes, so unless you want the tomatoes rotting in the field you have to start thinking about where you will import the labour from.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby riskllama on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:20 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:50 am

Dukasaur wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:22 million is Biden's goal.

I don't know what Biden's goal might be, but I do know that it's a basic economic fact that rich countries cannot survive economically without a constant influx of cheap labour from poor countries.

People raised to expect white-collar jobs are not willing to go backwards and do menial jobs. Class mobility is almost always one way. People move upwards and almost never move downwards. The street sweeper will bust his ass to make sure he can send his kids to university and they can become software engineers, but no software engineer is going to let his kids become street sweepers. Once freed from menial labour, people born in comfort will never become street sweepers or tomato pickers or window washers. And yet, the streets still need to be swept, the tomatoes still need to be picked, the windows still need to be washed.

I don't know if your 22 million figure is correct, but I'm willing to believe that it is. It's about 7% of your current population, and that seems pretty plausible as the number of workers you need to import to keep your economy from crashing over the next few years. Nobody born in a rich country is going to lower himself to picking tomatoes, so unless you want the tomatoes rotting in the field you have to start thinking about where you will import the labour from.

I agree with all that Duk posted here. We need more good immigrants. And the statement "but no software engineer is going to let his kids become street sweepers." I agree with this, too. Instead of sweeping streets or picking tomatoes, laid off or unemployed white collar workers get unemployment checks. My son did that. It was not worth his time to take a minimum wage job when he was laid off from his technology job. One of my laments during this time was that the Democrats in Congress wanted to extend unemployment benefits from some 52 weeks to 100 weeks. I am glad that GIVEAWAY was not passed (it was Pre-COVID). Liberal Democrats want to create disincentives to work and want to encourage more people relying on government welfare.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,