Conquer Club

5+ Dead in Mass Archery Attack in Norway

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

5+ Dead in Mass Archery Attack in Norway

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:02 pm

A man armed with a bow and arrows killed several people and wounded others Wednesday near the Norwegian capital of Oslo before he was arrested, authorities said.

According to police, the suspect walked around the city shooting people with arrows.

https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway- ... 078d242529

Norway has some of the most relaxed laws on bows and arrows in the world. They're legal to buy and you don't even need a license to carry it concealed, just long legs and very loose trousers.
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Re: 5+ Dead in Mass Archery Attack in Norway

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:30 pm

Norway has a sad history of far-right attacks by white terrorists. When will our leaders accept that white is not an ethnicity of peace? What will we do about European governments who provide these fundamentalists with the space to spread their medieval eugenicist ideology?

Scandinavian countries have some of the highest rates of rape in the world, a direct result of a culture that forces women to expose and sexualise themselves under the mantra of 'freedom'. And we allow their corporations and wealthy individuals to wash their countries' images on the global stage through investing in DJs, sports clubs and other soft power icons. It is time the world showed some strength in opposing their backwards and oppressive ideologies.
Free Palestine
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:05 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:Norway has a sad history of far-right attacks by white terrorists. When will our leaders accept that white is not an ethnicity of peace? What will we do about European governments who provide these fundamentalists with the space to spread their medieval eugenicist ideology?

Scandinavian countries have some of the highest rates of rape in the world, a direct result of a culture that forces women to expose and sexualise themselves under the mantra of 'freedom'. And we allow their corporations and wealthy individuals to wash their countries' images on the global stage through investing in DJs, sports clubs and other soft power icons. It is time the world showed some strength in opposing their backwards and oppressive ideologies.

ralf wants to blame Scandinavian countries for this attack, BUT:

Norway attack

• Summary
• Five killed, three wounded in attack
• Suspect is 37-year-old Danish man who converted to Islam
• Police want suspect to undergo psychiatric evaluation

KONGSBERG, Norway, Oct 14 (Reuters) - A bow-and-arrow attack in which a Danish convert to Islam is suspected of killing five people in a Norwegian town appears to have been an "act of terror", police said on Thursday.
Investigators named the suspect as Espen Andersen Braathen, a 37-year-old living in the Kongsberg municipality where the attacks took place on Wednesday evening.
A police attorney told Reuters that Braathen had acknowledged killing the victims. His lawyer confirmed only that Braathen was cooperating with police and giving a detailed statement.
Police had been concerned about signs of radicalisation in the suspect before the attacks, carried out with a bow and arrow and other weapons, a senior officer said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/suspect-norway-bow-and-arrow-killings-is-danish-man-police-say-2021-10-14/

Police name suspect in Norway bow and arrow attack and say incident ‘appears to be act of terror’
Espen Andersen Brathen will appear in court on Friday, say officials

A Danish man in custody in Norway suspected of carrying out a bow-and-arrow attack which killed five people will appear in court on Friday morning, police said.
Officials named the suspect as Espen Andersen Brathen, 37, and said he is a Muslim convert.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/norway-attack-bow-arrow-news-latest-b1938237.html
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:23 am

Last edited by bigtoughralf on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Palestine

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:24 am

It turned out this was a Muslim terrorist. Gawd, that's so 10 years ago. Guess it was a nostalgia attack.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:51 am

Stay tuned.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:26 pm

It was a Danish terrorist, poisoned by white entitlement and able to travel freely to Norway due to Norway's foolish participation in the Schengen Zone.

Had he tried to travel to the UK to commit this attack the UK Border Patrol guards stationed in the EU at the UK's demand would have stopped him even boarding the boat/plane/train. Hooray for the points-based immigration system. Neo Nazi: -50 points!
Free Palestine

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:30 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:Had he tried to travel to the UK to commit this attack the UK Border Patrol guards stationed in mainland Europe would have stopped him even boarding the boat/plane/train.

One time I went through Heathrow and there was a 50-something very gay Border Force guard who hit on me big time. Though, to be fair, it appeared he was hitting on just about everyone. I think it was one of those things where he was just throwing a lot against the wall to see what stuck.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby bigtoughralf on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Was he hitting on you or was it just a cavity search that you deliberately provoked?
Free Palestine

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:35 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:Was he hitting on you or was it just a cavity search that you deliberately provoked?

don't be jealous
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:15 pm

You could just answer the question.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:40 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:You could just answer the question.

I ask the questions, I don't answer them.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:29 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:You could just answer the question.

I ask the questions, I don't answer them.

Would you do it for a Scooby snack?
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:44 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:It was a Danish terrorist, poisoned by white entitlement and able to travel freely to Norway due to Norway's foolish participation in the Schengen Zone.

Had he tried to travel to the UK to commit this attack the UK Border Patrol guards stationed in the EU at the UK's demand would have stopped him even boarding the boat/plane/train. Hooray for the points-based immigration system. Neo Nazi: -50 points!

I guess his conversion to Islam is of NO significance to ralf; he does SELECTIVE reading of news. ralf chooses to ignore anything that ruins his FALSE narrative, based on the facts as we know them.

A deadly bow and arrow attack in Norway which left five people dead appears to have been an act of terror, Norway's security service (PST) said.

The suspect, a 37-year-old Danish citizen named Espen Andersen Brathen, had converted to Islam and there were fears he had been radicalised.

However a motive has not yet been determined.

[url]He is accused of killing four women and a man on Wednesday night in the southern town of Kongsberg.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58910794[/url]
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:59 am

What a surprise, dronestrike4fun supports Big Brother's Islamophobic disinformation.

Denmark already banned burkas and niqabs. I wonder what legislation this incident is going to be their excuse for. Either way, better dust off ds4's pom-poms!
Free Palestine

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:19 am

bigtoughralf wrote:What a surprise, dronestrike4fun supports Big Brother's Islamophobic disinformation.

Denmark already banned burkas and niqabs. I wonder what legislation this incident is going to be their excuse for. Either way, better dust off ds4's pom-poms!

Disinformation? That he converted to Islam? That he was radicalized?

And ralf STILL continues to ignore even the possibility that the radicalized Muslim mentality explains these terrorist attacks. NO, he wants to blame ONLY Western culture.

Maybe ralf should move back to Palestine and get away from all these evils and bad people living in Europe.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:33 am

The police in Norway have stated they think he is mentally ill and this might have been the root motive for his attack.

Driven mad by toxic Danish supremacist culture, the attacker first attempted to reject it through religion before spiralling further and lashing out. If the attacker had converted to Christianity before going on his attacking spree, would dp4fun be blaming baby Jesus for the attack? I think we all know the answer.
Free Palestine

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:52 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:The police in Norway have stated they think he is mentally ill and this might have been the root motive for his attack.

Driven mad by toxic Danish supremacist culture, the attacker first attempted to reject it through religion before spiralling further and lashing out. If the attacker had converted to Christianity before going on his attacking spree, would dp4fun be blaming baby Jesus for the attack? I think we all know the answer.

saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby bigtoughralf on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:13 pm

There's a Taco Bell near me but I heard it's shit. True or false?
Free Palestine

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:59 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:The police in Norway have stated they think he is mentally ill and this might have been the root motive for his attack.

Christianity and Jesus does not advocate and teach violence. What does Islam teach?

Islam Is a Religion of Violence
Can the wave of violence sweeping the Islamic world be traced back to the religion's core teachings? An FP debate about the roots of extremism.

The first group is the most problematic — the fundamentalists who envision a regime based on sharia, Islamic religious law. They argue for an Islam largely or completely unchanged from its original seventh-century version and take it as a requirement of their faith that they impose it on everyone else. I call them “Medina Muslims,” in that they see the forcible imposition of sharia as their religious duty, following the example of the Prophet Mohammed when he was based in Medina. They exploit their fellow Muslims’ respect for sharia law as a divine code that takes precedence over civil laws. It is only after they have laid this foundation that they are able to persuade their recruits to engage in jihad.

The second group — and the clear majority throughout the Muslim world — consists of Muslims who are loyal to the core creed and worship devoutly but are not inclined to practice violence or even intolerance towards non-Muslims. I call this group “mecca Muslims.” The fundamental problem is that the majority of otherwise peaceful and law-abiding Muslims are unwilling to acknowledge, much less to repudiate, the theological warrant for intolerance and violence embedded in their own religious texts.

Anyone seeking support for armed jihad in the name of Allah will find ample support in the passages in the Quran and Hadith that relate to Mohammed’s Medina period. For example, Q4:95 states, “Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home).” Q8:60 advises Muslims “to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know.” Finally, Q9:29 instructs Muslims: “Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/11/09/islam-is-a-religion-of-violence-ayaan-hirsi-ali-debate-islamic-state/

btw: Baby Jesus is not quoted in the Bible.

also see:
https://abcnews.go.com/2020/violence-islam-diane-sawyer-asks-scholars-passages-koran/story?id=11760637
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:44 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:btw: Baby Jesus is not quoted in the Bible.

Most babies can't form words and sentences, just FYI. It would be kind of weird if John 11:15 read "Goo goo, ga gaa. Brummmmmmb goo, gla huh haha goo. Ga, gaa brum wah wah baba."
Last edited by mookiemcgee on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:22 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:Most babies can't form words and sentances

neither can ConfederateSS, what's your point
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:There's a Taco Bell near me but I heard it's shit. True or false?

Probably but some are worse than others. You need to go try it out.
Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby bigtoughralf on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:20 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:

Christianity and Jesus does not advocate and teach violence. What does Islam teach?

boring and unoriginal anti-Muslim rhetoric blah blah

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/11/09/islam-is-a-religion-of-violence-ayaan-hirsi-ali-debate-islamic-state/

btw: Baby Jesus is not quoted in the Bible.

also see:
https://abcnews.go.com/2020/violence-islam-diane-sawyer-asks-scholars-passages-koran/story?id=11760637

The Bible also contains a range of quotes about how Christians should execute non-believers and just generally refuse to associate with them in any way, not to mention the instructions to execute gays etc.

When it comes to selectively quoting holy texts I'm guessing you hold the Bible to a different standard though.
Free Palestine

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:46 pm

same standard.

When was the last time Christians murdered many Muslims civilians SOLELY based on religion?

Let us look at a small list of attacks on civilians by MUSLIM Extremists. I challenge ralf to produce a similar list of attacks by Christians on Muslim civilians because they are Muslims, not because there is a link to terrorism.

Editor’s Note: This is a selective list which only includes attacks involving civilians.

CNN —
Here is some background information on terror attacks involving vehicles used as deadly weapons by radicalized individuals or terror groups.

Facts
Al Qaeda’s Yemeni branch encouraged its Western recruits to use trucks as weapons. A 2010 webzine article, “The Ultimate Mowing Machine,” called for deploying a pickup truck as a “mowing machine, not to mow grass but mow down the enemies of Allah.”

In September 2014, ISIS spokesman Abu Mohammad al-Adnani called for lone wolf attacks using improvised weaponry, “If you are not able to find an IED or a bullet, then single out the disbelieving American, Frenchman or any of their allies. Smash his head with a rock or slaughter him with a knife or run him over with your car or throw him down from a high place or choke him or poison him.”
THAT sounds like peaceful Muslims to me, ralf. And how many of the following attacks are IMAGINARY?

Timeline
March 3, 2006 - Mohammed Taheri-azar, an Iranian-American, drives an SUV into an area crowded with students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Nine people sustain minor injuries during the attack, which Teheri-azar later says is retribution for the killing of Muslims overseas. He is convicted of attempted murder in 2008 and is sentenced to 33 years in prison.

October 22, 2014 - A 3-month-old girl and an Ecuadorian tourist are killed when a driver swerves into a crowd at a light rail station in Jerusalem. The driver, Abdel Rahman al-Shaludi, is shot and killed by police. Israeli media reported he published militant writing on Facebook and supported Hamas, a fundamentalist Islamic group that has conducted attacks in Gaza and the West Bank, but his family denied he supported Hamas or any terror organization.

July 14, 2016 - After a Bastille Day fireworks display in Nice, France, a man drives a 20-ton rental truck into the crowd, striking and killing 86 people. The attacker, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, a Tunisian national, drives nearly a mile on the beachfront promenade before he is shot and killed by authorities. French officials say Bouhlel seemed to become radicalized “very quickly” by ISIS propaganda before the attack. He also suffered from mental illness, according to his father.

November 28, 2016 - At Ohio State University, 11 people are injured when a student, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, carries out a car and knife attack. A campus police officer shoots and kills Artan, whom police believe was inspired by ISIS and the radical cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki.

December 19, 2016 - A Tunisian man drives a tractor trailer into a Christmas market in Berlin, killing 12 people. In the wake of the attack, authorities conduct a manhunt for Anis Amri, 24, throughout Europe. He is shot and killed by police in Milan, Italy, four days after the attack. Hours after Amri dies, ISIS releases a video of him pledging allegiance to the terrorist group.

March 22, 2017 - A man drives an SUV into a crowd on the sidewalk along the Westminster Bridge in London, killing at least four. After ramming the car into a barrier outside the House of Parliament, the driver exits the vehicle and stabs a police officer to death. The attacker is then gunned down by a police officer. The assailant, Khalid Masood, 52, of West Midlands, reportedly had a criminal record and may have had connections to violent extremism, British Prime Minister Theresa May says.

April 7, 2017 - Four people are killed when a truck drives into pedestrians on a busy street in the center of Stockholm, Sweden, before crashing into a department store. A fifth victim dies from her injuries three weeks later. The attacker, Rakhmat Akilov, a 39-year-old from Uzbekistan, admitted to carrying out a “terrorist crime,” his lawyer says. Akilov is later sentenced to life in prison.

June 3, 2017 - Eight people are killed in two terror attacks in central London before police shoot three suspects dead, the Metropolitan police say. The violence begins when a van swerves into throngs of pedestrians on London Bridge. The suspects then jump out of the van and proceed on foot to nearby Borough Market, a popular nightlife spot, where witnesses say they produce knives and slash indiscriminately at people in restaurants and bars. At least 48 people are taken to hospitals, according to the London Ambulance Service.

August 16-18, 2017 - At least 13 people are killed and about 100 are injured on August 17 after a van plows through a crowd of people in a popular tourist district in Barcelona, Spain. Two suspects are arrested, but the driver gets away, according to police. ISIS’ media wing, Amaq, issues a statement claiming responsibility, saying that the attackers are “soldiers of the Islamic State.” On August 18, in Cambrils, a coastal city around 100 kilometers from Barcelona, five attackers drive an Audi A3 into several pedestrians, killing one. The attackers are shot and killed by police. A house explosion on August 16, in Alcanar, south of Barcelona, is also believed to be connected to the attacks.

September 30-October 1, 2017 - On September 30 in Edmonton, Canada, a man purposely strikes a police officer with a white Chevrolet Malibu before jumping out of the vehicle, stabbing the officer several times with a knife and fleeing on foot. There is an ISIS flag in the car, which is later seized as evidence. Just before midnight that same day, a police officer stops a U-Haul truck at a checkpoint and recognizes the driver’s name as similar to that of the Chevrolet’s registered owner. The U-Haul truck then speeds off toward downtown Edmonton. During the chase, the truck deliberately attempts to hit pedestrians in crosswalks and alleys, injuring at least four pedestrians. Abdulahi Hasan Sharif, 30, a Somali refugee, is later charged with five counts of attempted murder, dangerous driving, criminal flight causing bodily harm and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.

October 31, 2017 - Eight people are killed and almost a dozen injured when a 29-year-old man in a rented pickup truck drives down a busy bicycle path near the World Trade Center in New York. The captured suspect is identified as Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov. Authorities found a note near the truck used in the incident, claiming the attack was made in the name of ISIS, a senior law enforcement official said.

July 29, 2018 - Four cyclists - two Americans, a Swiss man and a man from the Netherlands - are killed and three others are injured when they are run down by a car in southern Tajikistan. The car’s occupants leave the vehicle and begin attacking the cyclists with knives. A day later, ISIS claims responsibility for the attack.

August 14, 2018 - A car crashes into security barriers outside the UK’s Houses of Parliament during the morning rush hour, injuring several people. The driver is arrested on suspicion of terrorist offenses. He is later identified as Salih Khater, a 29-year-old UK national who emigrated from Sudan.

August 18, 2020 - Police in Germany arrest a 30-year-old man after a series of motorway incidents in Berlin. Six people are injured in what prosecutors say is a “suspected Islamist act.”

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/03/world/terrorist-attacks-by-vehicle-fast-facts/index.html
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,