Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby DiM on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:03 pm

trevor33 wrote:
DiM wrote:i'm a united fan and despite not liking our current position and the way the team plays, i think sacking moyes was wrong. but Moyes was clearly in over his head. main problem was he lost the locker room.

Read that again and tell why it was wrong to sack him? I've been saying from day 1 it was the wrong appointment... Moyes has won nothing in his career, he is a decent coach who will get a job again at Villa and make them a mid table team again but nothing more.

don't take my words out of context. i said it was wrong to sack him with just 4 games before the end of the season. they should have waited for the season to finish, draw the line, see what went wrong and if it can be fixed then reach a decision.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:03 pm

DiM wrote:
trevor33 wrote:
DiM wrote:i'm a united fan and despite not liking our current position and the way the team plays, i think sacking moyes was wrong. but Moyes was clearly in over his head. main problem was he lost the locker room.

Read that again and tell why it was wrong to sack him? I've been saying from day 1 it was the wrong appointment... Moyes has won nothing in his career, he is a decent coach who will get a job again at Villa and make them a mid table team again but nothing more.

don't take my words out of context. i said it was wrong to sack him with just 4 games before the end of the season. they should have waited for the season to finish, draw the line, see what went wrong and if it can be fixed then reach a decision.

What is the point in sacking him after 4 games when they can do it now and let the players know they're going to get a new manager and give Giggs some experience in management?
Major Trevor33

Postby DiM on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:18 pm

because it's not professional?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:31 pm

DiM wrote:because it's not professional?

What's not professional? Why keep anyone in a job when they're going to sacked anyway?

They couldn't sack him earlier because they had to wait until it was certain they wouldn't be in the CL next year... if not he would've been sacked the day after Bayern knocked them out.

Maybe somehow they can build a little in the 4 games left in the season towards next year.
Major Trevor33

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:20 pm

I don't think Mourinho meant to win today...

If they tie in points, what the next criteria in the EPL? If it's total goal's difference Liverpool is screwed. And Mourinho might have give his enemy Pellegrini the tittle.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Trevor33 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:35 pm

nietzsche wrote:I don't think Mourinho meant to win today...

If they tie in points, what the next criteria in the EPL? If it's total goal's difference Liverpool is screwed. And Mourinho might have give his enemy Pellegrini the tittle.

Chelsea fans would rather see City win the league over Liverpoo. not over yet though, city have to travel to Everton. And yes it's goal difference.

Chelsea really have blown this title, 12 points from 12 against Liverpoo and City.
Major Trevor33

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:37 pm

If i m not mistaken, here is how i remember how things work:

EPL and ligue1: overall goal average, then head to head results, then away goals in head to head
Liga: head to head results, then away goals in head to head then overall goal average (in case of more than 1 tie, they count the points in a mini championship between tied teams)
SerieA: playoff games in home and away once the league ends
Bundesliga: ????
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:46 pm

trevor33 wrote:

Chelsea fans would rather see City win the league over Liverpoo. not over yet though, city have to travel to Everton. And yes it's goal difference.

Chelsea really have blown this title, 12 points from 12 against Liverpoo and City.

What exactly happened in that game against sunderland?? How the hell did mourinho lose his record against these guys?? Didn t see the game...

I really see liverpool get their 6pts.

How is the thing with everton, could they lose on purpose to make the reds lose the league? Some clubs do that... If barcelona is 4pts away from the atletico on the last game, i doubt they will try to win and give the league to the real..
I remember in 99 in france, paris was going 2-2 vs bordeaux which was giving the title to marseille and the whole parc des princes was supporting bordeaux. Suspiciously, on the 94th minute (marseille s game was over and all marseille fans were just waiting for the final whistle in paris) bordeaux managed to score and won the league, while paris fans were celebrating as if they won themselves. Cunts.
Major betiko

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:02 pm

liverpool's main concern this game should have been to not concede. even a goalless draw would have been enough for them to be 99.99% favourites for the title. but they wanted to win (which is to be appreciated) and they made mistakes in defence. a more pragmatic team would have secured a draw since it's my impression chelsea would have settled with a draw.

this win doesn't help chelsea at all. their chances at the title are still very slim despite beating both liverpool and city in all 4 games.
however it's a good win for the suspense it brings. city can now tie liverpool at the top and win the title at goal difference.
however, that means city must win all 3 games since i'm pretty sure liverpool will win its last 2 games. normally this should be achievable, the only difficult game being the one city has away at everton.

if city wins the title on goal difference it will be the second time they do it in the last few years, since they did it once back in 2012.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:05 pm

betiko wrote:What exactly happened in that game against sunderland?? How the hell did mourinho lose his record against these guys??

it was one of those games that if you repeat it 100 more times you'll never get the same result.

sunderland's keeper had the best performance of his life, chelsea had over 30 shots and attacked sunderland over and over and kept missing opportunity after opportunity. on the other hand sunderland had 2 chances and scored on both.
Major DiM

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:30 pm

DiM wrote:liverpool's main concern this game should have been to not concede. even a goalless draw would have been enough for them to be 99.99% favourites for the title. but they wanted to win (which is to be appreciated) and they made mistakes in defence. a more pragmatic team would have secured a draw since it's my impression chelsea would have settled with a draw.

this win doesn't help chelsea at all. their chances at the title are still very slim despite beating both liverpool and city in all 4 games.
however it's a good win for the suspense it brings. city can now tie liverpool at the top and win the title at goal difference.
however, that means city must win all 3 games since i'm pretty sure liverpool will win its last 2 games. normally this should be achievable, the only difficult game being the one city has away at everton.

if city wins the title on goal difference it will be the second time they do it in the last few years, since they did it once back in 2012.

So basically, if liverpool had played for the draw and conceded you would ve said that they should ve gone for the win and that they were pussies. It s always easy to say in the aftermath.
And what you are saying is ridiculous. Winning puts chelsea 2 points away from the title. No matter how low the odds are, they still have a small chance to be champion. It would ve been really stupid not to do all you can till the end as long as there is a small hope.

And as i said before... Would everton give a title to liverpool? They still have a lot in stake, so they will probably think of their faith before liverpool s.

I still think liverpool wins, but i hope city gets it.
Major betiko

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

betiko wrote:
DiM wrote:liverpool's main concern this game should have been to not concede. even a goalless draw would have been enough for them to be 99.99% favourites for the title. but they wanted to win (which is to be appreciated) and they made mistakes in defence. a more pragmatic team would have secured a draw since it's my impression chelsea would have settled with a draw.

So basically, if liverpool had played for the draw and conceded you would ve said that they should ve gone for the win and that they were pussies. It s always easy to say in the aftermath.
And what you are saying is ridiculous. Winning puts chelsea 2 points away from the title. No matter how low the odds are, they still have a small chance to be champion. It would ve been really stupid not to do all you can till the end as long as there is a small hope.

i didn't say liverpool should have played for the draw, i was merely trying to say they should have been more pragmatic and prioritise the defence. they could have still attacked but not with the whole team in the opposing half. they would have still dominated the game as chelsea clearly had little to no intention of going on attack. and just because chelsea still has a chance mathematically it doesn't mean they have it realistically speaking.
if chelsea actually thought they had a real chance at the title they wouldn't have used so many reserves, they would have risked it all on the offence with its best players. but it's obvious their main concern is the semifinal versus atletico madrid.

PS: barcelona still has a shot at the title but do you really think anybody at that club still believes it? heck even monaco still has a chance, i wonder if anybody over there is still hoping.
Major DiM

Postby nagerous on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:03 pm

I have a feeling they are going to do it again... Aguero 90th minute to take the title..
Captain nagerous

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:19 pm

If Liverpool doesn't win the EPL, it would be really unfair for Gerard. He made the mistake that opened the door today.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:25 pm

DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:

i didn't say liverpool should have played for the draw, i was merely trying to say they should have been more pragmatic and prioritise the defence. they could have still attacked but not with the whole team in the opposing half. they would have still dominated the game as chelsea clearly had little to no intention of going on attack. and just because chelsea still has a chance mathematically it doesn't mean they have it realistically speaking.
if chelsea actually thought they had a real chance at the title they wouldn't have used so many reserves, they would have risked it all on the offence with its best players. but it's obvious their main concern is the semifinal versus atletico madrid.

PS: barcelona still has a shot at the title but do you really think anybody at that club still believes it? heck even monaco still has a chance, i wonder if anybody over there is still hoping.

Well suppose liverpool loses at crystal palace and city loses at everton next week end... Shit happens. There you go, chelsea almost champion and probably satisfied regarding their result in anfield.

So no, you can t compare with monaco that is 8 points behind the PSG with only 9 still in play and PSG having twice the goal average. Monaco needs to win all last 3 games and paris needs to lose them all. Impossible, completely. Can you really compare that with barça's situation?

If the atletico and the real draw one of their games left in the next 2 week ends while the barça wins both; they will have their faith in their hands and will be champions winning that last game vs the atleti. Is that completely impossible? Low chances but still reasonable. Probably better chances than chelsea.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 pm

nietzsche wrote:If Liverpool doesn't win the EPL, it would be really unfair for Gerard. He made the mistake that opened the door today.

I m sorry but I fail to get the logic of your statement. Making epic mistakes grants you to deserve titles?
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:29 pm

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:If Liverpool doesn't win the EPL, it would be really unfair for Gerard. He made the mistake that opened the door today.

I m sorry but I fail to get the logic of your statement. Making epic mistakes grants you to deserve titles?

Unfair for all he's given to Liverpool.

YOu really like to antagonize people.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:36 pm

nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:

Unfair for all he's given to Liverpool.

YOu really like to antagonize people.

Gerrard can suck it up. Hope that was the final poo from his liver.
Major betiko

Postby Trevor33 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:26 am

betiko wrote:
trevor33 wrote:

What exactly happened in that game against sunderland?? How the hell did mourinho lose his record against these guys?? Didn t see the game...

I really see liverpool get their 6pts.

How is the thing with everton, could they lose on purpose to make the reds lose the league? Some clubs do that... If barcelona is 4pts away from the atletico on the last game, i doubt they will try to win and give the league to the real..
I remember in 99 in france, paris was going 2-2 vs bordeaux which was giving the title to marseille and the whole parc des princes was supporting bordeaux. Suspiciously, on the 94th minute (marseille s game was over and all marseille fans were just waiting for the final whistle in paris) bordeaux managed to score and won the league, while paris fans were celebrating as if they won themselves. Cunts.

QPR did the same thing to Utd in 2012, beating city and sitting one place off the bottom 3 on the final game of the season. As soon as the final whistle was blown in the other games and they were safe they conceded 2 goals in about a minute to gift City the title. Bastards, hope they stay in the championship for the next 400 years, losing in the playoff final in every year.
Major Trevor33

Postby DiM on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 pm

3-0 for real madrid at half-time. who would have thought? and it could have been even worse for bayern
Major DiM

Postby Pirlo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:23 pm

DiM wrote:3-0 for real madrid at half-time. who would have thought? and it could have been even worse for bayern

Why am I not surprised?
Major Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

A por la decima!!

Let's hope this has been the nail that sealed tiki-taka's coffin.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:43 pm

nietzsche wrote:A por la decima!!

Yeah, let s hope all teams start playing like mourinho s. Football is so fun to watch when it s all about defense. La roja still plays the tiki taka and will die next summer.
Guardiola will obviously have 1 more season coaching bayern. Probably no more?
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:07 pm

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:A por la decima!!

Yeah, let s hope all teams start playing like mourinho s. Football is so fun to watch when it s all about defense. La roja still plays the tiki taka and will die next summer.
Guardiola will obviously have 1 more season coaching bayern. Probably no more?

It depends on the outcome of the next season.. Bayern are big spenders and they may bring him super quality players, even though many players wouldn't like to go to Bundesliga. On the other hand, Bayern do not seem to be a patient side, given that they got rid of their previous coach who was doing well and they had announced his departure even before the glorious season, in which he won the treble, was over.

Time for Pep to wake up and face reality. He needs to accept the fact that his tiki-taka worked well in Barcelona only because they had the world's finest passers at the time.
Major Pirlo

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:30 am

it wasn't the same tiki taka with bayern though. maybe next season his players will have blend in more to his system and his system will have blent in more to theirs.

Also I'm pretty sure that the qataris from PSG are pretty pissed right now. They had put tons of pressure on ancelotti's shoulders and started looking for a new coach during the winter. After that he had pretty good results and begged him to stay. but florentino had seized the oportunity and had proposed the position to carlo during the winter; there was no turning back even if he was very happy in Paris.
I don't know though, laurent blanc's system was far more enjoyable to watch. Ancelotti's PSG was only about counter attacking, even in home games vs crap teams. I'm pretty surprised by the midfield he used last night with the real.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,