Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:56 pm

betiko wrote:
Atletico is not favorite to win, at this stage the real is.

what? no way.

atletico madrid is 3 points ahead of real madrid. this means that even if they lose the last game versus barcelona they'll end up with the same points as real. but they have the advantage of the head-to-head results versus real madrid so they'll win the league.

real's only chance is for atletico to not win in 2 games (draw/loss) and at the same time real has to win everything.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Trevor33 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:18 pm

betiko wrote:
nagerous wrote:This season has been full of surprises. Who would have predicted Liverpool and Atletico as the favourites for the titles at this stage of the season. Heck even Bayern just lost 3-0

Haven t followed much the epl these days, city had a couple of games late and would ve been first, not the case anymore?

4 games, 4 wins and Liverpoo with the league... trouble is one of them is against Chelsea. If Chelsea win all of their 4 games they need Chity to draw at least one to win the league. For Chity to win they need to win all their 6 games and Liverpoo to drop 2 points.
Major Trevor33

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:48 pm

DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:

what? no way.

atletico madrid is 3 points ahead of real madrid. this means that even if they lose the last game versus barcelona they'll end up with the same points as real. but they have the advantage of the head-to-head results versus real madrid so they'll win the league.

real's only chance is for atletico to not win in 2 games (draw/loss) and at the same time real has to win everything.

Well technically you are right, but i see the real get a 15/15 and the atletico draw in valencia and barcelona. I don t know, the atletico has the most complicated calendar of the 3 and they are the least experienced and have less bench, the fact that they are still in the champions league will make them lose both titles imo.
Major betiko

Postby Trevor33 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:54 pm

betiko wrote:
DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:

what? no way.

Well technically you are right, but i see the real get a 15/15 and the atletico draw in valencia and barcelona. I don t know, the atletico has the most complicated calendar of the 3 and they are the least experienced and have less bench, the fact that they are still in the champions league will make them lose both titles imo.

Did you 'see' Barce losing on Saturday? :-$

Atletico for the double 8-)

Anyone else notice that the best two teams left are playing each other in both the CL and the Europa league?

Juve/Benfica and Real/Bayern both should have been the finals.
Major Trevor33

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 pm

betiko wrote:
DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:

what? no way.

as a real madrid fan i'd love for you to be right, but the experience is not a solid argument. they've just eliminated barca and they're top of the league. they clearly know how to handle pressure.

as for the bench, you'd be surprised how "thin" real's bench is with a few injuries/suspensions.

for example vs almeria real had the following bench:
1.Casillas 27.Lucas 28.Mascarell 39.JosƩ 16.Casemiro 38.Llorente 21.Morata

aside from casillas none of the other players was starting 11 material. only morata comes close and maybe casemiro to an extent.

on the other hand atletico had the following bench vs getafe:
1.Aranzubia 24.Sosa 5.Tiago 12.Alderweireld 7.AdriƔn 11.Rodrƭguez 21.Diego which is pretty standard for them.

it's very important how they'll manage the fitness of the players and the injuries. if real gets a few injured back in shape and 100% able to play then they will indeed have a much better bench than atletico.

also one very important aspect is what will barcelona do if in the final game they'll have the opportunity to give the title to either real or to atletico. my bet is they'd rather prefer to lose the game on purpose if that means real finishing behind atletico.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:08 pm

DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:
DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:

what? no way.

as a real madrid fan i'd love for you to be right, but the experience is not a solid argument. they've just eliminated barca and they're top of the league. they clearly know how to handle pressure.

as for the bench, you'd be surprised how "thin" real's bench is with a few injuries/suspensions.

for example vs almeria real had the following bench:
1.Casillas 27.Lucas 28.Mascarell 39.JosƩ 16.Casemiro 38.Llorente 21.Morata

aside from casillas none of the other players was starting 11 material. only morata comes close and maybe casemiro to an extent.

on the other hand atletico had the following bench vs getafe:
1.Aranzubia 24.Sosa 5.Tiago 12.Alderweireld 7.AdriƔn 11.Rodrƭguez 21.Diego which is pretty standard for them.

it's very important how they'll manage the fitness of the players and the injuries. if real gets a few injured back in shape and 100% able to play then they will indeed have a much better bench than atletico.

also one very important aspect is what will barcelona do if in the final game they'll have the opportunity to give the title to either real or to atletico. my bet is they'd rather prefer to lose the game on purpose if that means real finishing behind atletico.

Totally agree with you DiM.

Atleti seems the strongest, you could say he's 4 points ahead. Even losing to Barca they win it.

I think the most problematic injury for RM was Jesse Rodriguez, because CR7 will return. You could also say that Kedhira too, because let's be honest, Illarra is not ready, and Xabi Alonso is probably needing some rest.

I think Atleti is the favourite even for the Champions, given that Bayern has relaxed.

Barca might have lost the league already, but, they can win the Cup for sure. Remember they still have the players, and it's the last thing they can achieve this season, so it's their final. RM has many finals ahead and most likely CR7 won't play.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Speaking of injuries, it's been for some years now that everybody complains about the amount of games. I don't, I love watching my team play twice a week.

I think the difference in Spain is that Barcelona has achieved so much that RM needs to fight with everything for every possible title, so RM plays with its best players from very early in the Cup (which has made Barca do the same). Regardless, 2 matches per week with the travel and all it's too much for some players. Apparently CR7 was the exception but now you can see he isn't.
General nietzsche

Postby nagerous on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:04 pm

chang50 wrote:
nagerous wrote:This season has been full of surprises. Who would have predicted Liverpool and Atletico as the favourites for the titles at this stage of the season. Heck even Bayern just lost 3-0

Liverpool 3-2 the EPL is stupendous again..here in Thailand the locals can't get enough..

I saw some of it whilst walking past a 'bar' in Vietnam, which was just a bunch of locals watching a big screen tv with someone around serving drinks. As soon as the match finished there was no chat, no after game banter and drinks, everyone got up got on their motorbikes and drove off, mental.
Captain nagerous

Postby chang50 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:24 pm

nagerous wrote:
chang50 wrote:

Liverpool 3-2 the EPL is stupendous again..here in Thailand the locals can't get enough..

I saw some of it whilst walking past a 'bar' in Vietnam, which was just a bunch of locals watching a big screen tv with someone around serving drinks. As soon as the match finished there was no chat, no after game banter and drinks, everyone got up got on their motorbikes and drove off, mental.

A lot of the interest in SE Asia revolves around gambling..but there is genuine interest and knowledge of world football.I was watching with a Thai whose English was good and he loves to talk Liverpool.Fun evening.
Captain chang50

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:46 pm

YEAH BABY!!!!

Meanwhile, Messi grabs Cristiano's balls.

General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:39 am

Nobody talking about Gareth Bale?

They say he went running to the Cibeles and arrived in 5 mins.

They also say Ferrari's team is telling their drivers "Bale is faster than you".

They say that Neymar is asking why he didn't fall and roll in the floor for 5 minutes instead of keep running.

Others say that in that goal he ran more distance than Messi did the whole game.

Spme others say he had a bagel outside the field and then outran Bartra.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:45 am

Others claim that they saw Bale get out of the TV, run around the living run then returned into the TV, then into the field and then outran Bartra and scored.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:28 am

lol didn't see the goal to tell the truth... i was watching a bit of that game and a bit of the french cup semifinal with monaco in the overtime at that moment (monaco lost against guingamp by the way, pretty crazy).
congrats on the win, first time in many years barcelona ends up with no title! (unless a miracle happens il the liga). I think it's good actually, it was getting tiring to see that barcelona was considered to make a bad season when they only won the liga.
Major betiko

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 pm

It's la liga... if you're going to write league in Spanish also write the in Spanish.

Agree with you though.... great to see BARCE win nothing.
Major Trevor33

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Major Trevor33

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:09 pm

trevor33 wrote:It's la liga... if you're going to write league in Spanish also write the in Spanish.

Agree with you though.... great to see BARCE win nothing.

Technically it s the Liga BBVA but I don't call the EPL the barclay's premier league.

What does Barce mean by the way? I don't understand.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:15 pm

trevor33 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXxITbYGCbE

How the crap is it even possible? Something wrong with the grass? The ball takes a curve, bartra follows the curve but it ends up going straight and bale goes straight where the ball goes. I think it s the whole secret of this. Otherwise it looks like bale covers 50% more distance and still arrives first, it s just nuts!
Major betiko

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:56 pm

betiko wrote:

How the crap is it even possible? Something wrong with the grass? The ball takes a curve, bartra follows the curve but it ends up going straight and bale goes straight where the ball goes. I think it s the whole secret of this. Otherwise it looks like bale covers 50% more distance and still arrives first, it s just nuts!

The ball does curve but you have to consider the fact that Bale had started accelerating long before the defender, plus Bale is just faster anyway but getting a head start makes it look even worse or better whatever way you look at it.

BTW Barce is nothing, I prefer it to Barca and it annoys you so win win.
Major Trevor33

Postby Pirlo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:34 pm

trevor33 wrote:
betiko wrote:

The ball does curve but you have to consider the fact that Bale had started accelerating long before the defender, plus Bale is just faster anyway but getting a head start makes it look even worse or better whatever way you look at it.

BTW Barce is nothing, I prefer it to Barca and it annoys you so win win.

Barca are just paying the price of having a shitty management. That what happens when you buy no center defenders and expect a young guy to stop a highly-rated winger. If that Bartra guy had some experience, he'd have know better than trying to keep pace with someone like Bale. Hasn't he ever heard of making a tactical foul to stop a dangerous counter-attack? Just my two cents. 8-[
Major Pirlo

Postby nietzsche on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:40 pm

betiko wrote:

Did you ever play football?

Bale gives the ball that effect, by kicking it with .. uhm.. English suck.. the inside part of the left shoe.. a quick kick, the ball takes an effect, and is always touching the grass. When the ball loses strength gravity moves it a bit towards the line because football fields have that fall so that rain doesn't stay in the middle. The effect is minimum btw, he's aware of the fall.

But basically Bale gives that effect to the ball, most likely because if he kicks it any other way from the position he is and with the quickness he wants, the ball goes out.

Why are we talking about the ball anyway? Did you see Bale's acceleration?

General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:37 pm

i'm looking at it over and over and I still can't figure how he can outrun bartra this bad! bartra had to be completely out of shape and unable to run anymore. I mean even if you are hussain bolt vs any given sprinter, pushing a ball, if you outrun the gun this bad it's because he has a problem. but bartra sucks anway.
incredible goal by bale, of course, but it could ve only worked against a player with an empty gas tank.

taco; it looks like ochoa has very good chances to be marseille's keeper next year; and marcelo bielsa will most likely be our coach. I don't know what to think about all this.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:24 am

I say Atletico de Madrid and Real Madrid advance to the final.

What do you guys think?
General nietzsche

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

Agreed, and I was right about all the semi-finals. RM to win.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Trevor33 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Bye bye Moyes :D
Major Trevor33

Postby JBlombier on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Can't wait for the match to start. I think Atletico will win by at least two goals tonight. We'll see... in a few minutes!
Major JBlombier

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,