Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DAZMCFC on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Bleeding hell. Rangers group in the Champions league. shit, Barca,Lyon and Stuttgart, oh well maybe the UEFA cup is beckoning. :roll:
Last edited by DAZMCFC on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Titanic on Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 am

DAZMCFC wrote:Bleeding hell. Rangers group in the Champions league. shit, Barca,Lyon and Stuttart, oh well maybe the UEFA cup is beckoning. :roll:

3rd goes to UEFA cup, 4th is out completely..
Major Titanic

Postby DAZMCFC on Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:01 pm

well done Rangers 5 out of 5. Liverpool shit on Derby 6-0 and Spurs 3-1 up and had plenty of other chances to finish the game but drew 3-3 with Fulham. :lol:
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Iliad on Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Why did Saha Score? Then Chelsea would've been so far away form Man U. But Liverpool is our main trouble right now, what with their 6 goals!
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Titanic on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:31 am

I cant see Liverpool continuing like this all season. They havn really played a solid defence yet and won. Spurs should have won with all their chances, but nice goal by Kamara in the last minute. Newcastle win again. Go Toon!
Major Titanic

Postby cena-rules on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:43 am

boro 2-0 brum

Gareth Southgate made six changes from the midweek Carling Cup win, naming the same starting line-up that drew with Newcastle United. Steve Bruce made seven changes from the side that won for the first time this season as they beat Hereford United on Tuesday.

Stuart Parnaby received a very generous round of applause when his name was read out but he didn't see touch much action in the early stages as he started at left-back and Boro's work was predominantly down the other flank.

The sides could have been forgiven for a measured start in very warm, humid conditions but both seemed determined to give it a real go.

Boro began to settle and apply pressure on what looked a suspect central defence and Fabio Rochemback had a 25-yard shot deflected for a corner.

It came as no surprise when Boro took the lead and regular watchers of the Boro would not be surprised by the goalscorer. David Wheater has been close in every Barclays Premier League game this season and with 11 minutes played of this afternoon's match he rose high on the edge of the six-yard box to power a header from Andrew Taylor's left-wing cross well beyond the reach of Maik Taylor.

Stewart Downing had the goalkeeper at full stretch to grab a 25-yard free-kick soon after as Boro built on a bright start.

A few minutes later Downing linked well with Andrew Taylor to set up Jeremie Aliadiere, whose low shot was saved by Maik Taylor.

The busy Maik Taylor was in action again as Aliadiere twisted into a shooting position in the D but a slightly miss-hit shot was tipped over the bar.

Mark Schwarzer was never going to be troubled by an under hit effort from Cameron Jerome from the edge of the Boro box and the home side were soon back on the offensive.

Quick thinking from Jonathan Woodgate and a fine run from Aliadiere brought a free-kick in an area slightly better than a corner, but this time intended target Wheater was well shackled.

But as with the first goal, Andrew Taylor was involved in the second as it was his left-wing cross which was headed down by George Boateng on the edge of the six-yard box to Stewart Downing, unmarked a little further along the box, and a low left-footed shot slammed past Maik Taylor.

A long ball over the top down the Boro right was chased by Aliadiere, eager as his team mates to ram home their superiority. A low cross was cleared for a corner which was cleared to Julio Arca, who shot a yard over from 20 yards.

Entering injury-time another long ball over the top of the centre of defence this time just skidded out of reach of Downing as Boro searched for another.

The players went off to appreciative applause at half-time.

Half-time: Middlesbrough 2 Birmingham City 0

There was an early scare for City when Maik Taylor slipped while meeting a back pass but he was sufficiently far from goal to have time to make a recovery clearance.

A steadier pace to the game in the opening stages gave way to a sharp Boro move which ended with another delightful 25-yard chip from Rochemback which picked out Arca, who headed just wide from seven yards.

Steve Bruce had seen enough and just 11 minutes into the second half made a triple substitution, replacing Sebastian Larsson, Fabrice Muamba and Mikael Forssell with Garry O'Connor, Gary McSheffrey and Mehdi Nafti.

But it was Boro who continued to press with the City defence again stretched.

Finally City offered a real threat as Olivier Kapo skipped through midfield to within 25 yards of Boro's goal. A powerful shot looked to have taken a deflection before whistling just wide but a goal kick was awarded, much to the disgust of City's relatively small set of fans.

Back came Boro, Aliadiere was just crowded out after good work took him into the City box just minutes after a low shot had brought a smart save from Maik Taylor.

Luke Young had the luxury of being able to take a position in the City boxand he had time to pick his spot after evading a challenge but a low drive was cleared off the line by City skipper Liam Ridgewell.

Aliadiere was next to press Maik Taylor into action and the German-born Northern Ireland international was at full-stretch to turn round a low drive at his bottom right-hand corner.

City fashioned a rare chance 10 minutes from time when a slip allowed Jerome time to play in McSheffrey but Young produced a fine block. A minute later McSheffrey drilled a low shot inches wide.

In the closing stages Southgate made three changes, allowing Rochemback, Aliadiere and Mido in turn to leave to richly deserved standing ovations.

In the final minute Boro created a chance to give the scoreline a more realistic look as Downing raced into the box and could have shot but elected to try to pick out Dong Gook Lee who slid in to shoot into the side netting - the move was indicative of Boro's performance.

The players left the field to a well-earned standing ovation.
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby cena-rules on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:56 am

Compared to my last post ill make this 1 short

villa 2-0 chelsea.

In the battle of England Vs the rest of the world. England won. Thanks mainly to supurb performances from Scott Carson;Zat Knight;Ashley Young and Gabi Agbonlahor. Whilst Steve McClaren was happily in London watching Arsenal win against Portsmouth and seeing nothing that will have made him impressed these 4 showed the viewing nation exactly what England have to look forward too. Zat Knight scored the first and Young celebrated his call up with a mazy run to set up Agbonlahor who slotted neatly home from 15 yards.

Allow me to bask in the happiness by saying that Chelsea have LOST
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Titanic on Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:15 pm

cena-rules wrote:Compared to my last post ill make this 1 short

villa 2-0 chelsea.

In the battle of England Vs the rest of the world. England won. Thanks mainly to supurb performances from Scott Carson;Zat Knight;Ashley Young and Gabi Agbonlahor. Whilst Steve McClaren was happily in London watching Arsenal win against Portsmouth and seeing nothing that will have made him impressed these 4 showed the viewing nation exactly what England have to look forward too. Zat Knight scored the first and Young celebrated his call up with a mazy run to set up Agbonlahor who slotted neatly home from 15 yards.

Agbonlahor is English? Why the fck is he playing for the country? Screw lanky wanky, put him in the team.
Major Titanic

Postby Chaimpie on Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Feyenoord are going to be champions of the Eredivisie (Netherlands) this year. 3 for 3 and 10-0 goals. They bought Makaay, van Bronckhorst and Hofland and have a solid team standing now. PLUS: Bert van Marwijk already won the UEFA Cup for Feyenoord in 2002! AND HE'S BACK!
Corporal 1st Class Chaimpie

Postby cena-rules on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:45 pm

Titanic wrote:
cena-rules wrote:Compared to my last post ill make this 1 short

villa 2-0 chelsea.

Id rather have crouch than gabi but gabi than owen but owen than heskey

Agbonlahor is English? Why the fck is he playing for the country? Screw lanky wanky, put him in the team.
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby DAZMCFC on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:46 pm

Chaimpie wrote:Feyenoord are going to be champions of the Eredivisie (Netherlands) this year. 3 for 3 and 10-0 goals. They bought Makaay, van Bronckhorst and Hofland and have a solid team standing now. PLUS: Bert van Marwijk already won the UEFA Cup for Feyenoord in 2002! AND HE'S BACK!

Roy Makaay and Van Bronckhurst(use to play for Rangers) are very good players indeed.

now please don`t give me any shit about City. if at the start of the season you would of give us 9 points after 5 games we would of took it.

it was a tough battle today and a good game, we had a few chances, but they have not been playing with each other long so it will click soon hopefully. :lol:

hopefully we will see a lot more of our foriegn friends on here, as i posted on all the languages to see this thread.

Norse sought your defence out. i have David James in my ff team. :(
Major DAZMCFC

Postby cena-rules on Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:48 pm

DAZMCFC wrote:
Chaimpie wrote:Feyenoord are going to be champions of the Eredivisie (Netherlands) this year. 3 for 3 and 10-0 goals. They bought Makaay, van Bronckhorst and Hofland and have a solid team standing now. PLUS: Bert van Marwijk already won the UEFA Cup for Feyenoord in 2002! AND HE'S BACK!

Roy Makaay and Van Bronckhurst(use to play for Rangers) are very good players indeed.

now please don`t give me any shit about City. if at the start of the season you would of give us 9 points after 5 games we would of took it.

it was a tough battle today and a good game, we had a few chances, but they have not been playing with each other long so it will click soon hopefully. :lol:

hopefully we will see a lot more of our foriegn friends on here, as i posted on all the languages to see this thread.

Norse sought your defence out. i have David James in my ff team. :(

you have made a good start. Now just keep sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipping down the table
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby bonobo`s son on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:20 pm

jay_a2j wrote:"Real" football involves full body contact. Men play American football and boys play soccer. :P

GO DOLPHINS!
yeah with helmets you pussys if you wanna play a mansport go play rugby
ImageImage
Major bonobo`s son

Postby Norse on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Titanic wrote:I cant see Liverpool continuing like this all season. They havn really played a solid defence yet and won. !

Liverpool will be tested a bit more next week at fratton park. We always do well vs them.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby cena-rules on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Norse wrote:
Titanic wrote:I cant see Liverpool continuing like this all season. They havn really played a solid defence yet and won. !

Liverpool will be tested a bit more next week at fratton park. We always do well vs them.

like us against man U (home and away) and chelsea (at home)
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Norse on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 pm

cena-rules wrote:
Norse wrote:

I like the looks of boro so far, your man Taylor at the back is pretty good, plus all the ex-villa players, like boateng.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby cena-rules on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:18 pm

Norse wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
Norse wrote:

I like the looks of boro so far, your man Taylor at the back is pretty good, plus all the ex-villa players, like boateng.

DONT FORGET OUR BFG DAVID WHEATER.

POMPEY WHAT HAPPENED TODAY????

PS CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Norse on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:23 pm

cena-rules wrote:
Norse wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
Norse wrote:

PS CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON

meh, just a bad day.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby cena-rules on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:26 pm

Norse wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
Norse wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
Norse wrote:

PS CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON

meh, just a bad day.

YEAH. THOUGHT YOU HAD A WAY BACK WHEN THEY HAD 1 GO. GOOD REFERREING THOUGH **FAINTS**
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby edwinissweet on Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:26 am

im a blaugrana fan. i think that barcelona has wat it takes to win europe again this year. their 4 sinings (henry,toure,milito, and abidal) and dos santos will cover any weakness the team has. they will dominate la liga and "la orejona" will go to cataluña this year. as for english soccer liverpool has my vote of confidence
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby Al Capone 69 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:11 am

Support for the most legendary team in the world.

30 times Champion of Spain :D
17 Copa's del Rey :D
7 Spanish Super Cups :D
9 Europeen 1 Cups :D
3 Intercotinetale Cups :D
2 Uefa Cups :D
1 European Super Cup :D
Major Al Capone 69

Postby Titanic on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:14 am

Al Capone 69 wrote:Support for the most legendary team in the world.

30 times Champion of Spain :D
17 Copa's del Rey :D
7 Spanish Super Cups :D
9 Europeen 1 Cups :D
3 Intercotinetale Cups :D
2 Uefa Cups :D
1 European Super Cup :D

Is that Madrid?
Major Titanic

Postby edwinissweet on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:24 am

yea. but all that is history. we are in the catalan era!!!
Lieutenant edwinissweet

Postby Bijo on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:35 am

Well i am fan from Croatia, my team is Hajduk Split, but after quarter finals from champions league 94' (when we lost to ayax, the champions that year because of aways goals) we didnt do nothing in europe,
but my team in england is definetly LIVERPOOL, i like the fans, they are very similiar to hajduk fans, best fans in europe, also CELTIC i like very much...
other teams i vote for is PORTSMOUTH, MAN CITY and ARSENAL, well you will probably ask why, because PORTSMOUTH has croatian player Niko Kranjcar, MAN CITY has croatian player Vedran Corluka, and ARSENAL has croatian player Eduardo :)
It's much more important how you deal with loses than with wins, because everyone can deal with wins, but only the greatest can deal with loses!
Private 1st Class Bijo

Postby Titanic on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:48 am

edwinissweet wrote:yea. but all that is history. we are in the catalan era!!!

Yer, 6 of their 9 European Cups game int he 50's with Puskas.
Major Titanic

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,