Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 am

chang50 wrote:
Timminz wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:Worse thing about the PSG is that it s the second consecutive year they get kicked out of the champion s league on away goals.

Now here is a question: is that rule really fair? Shouldn t we go to overtime when both teams score the same amount of goals overall? I m really not that sure that there is a justification for that rule, although we ve always seen it so it seems normal.

I think the rule is meant to encourage away teams to attack... IMO, it's a good rule. talking about fairness, Chelsea deserved a better result in the 1st leg.

As for Bayern and Man United, I wouldn't be surprised if the devils knocked the Bavarians out tomorrow.. I wouldn't at all!

I would be very surprised.

And I would be very disappointed..

I would be very happy if Chicharito playes the 90 minutes and scores, if not, f*ck em and f*ck Moyes.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:55 am

Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:Worse thing about the PSG is that it s the second consecutive year they get kicked out of the champion s league on away goals.

Now here is a question: is that rule really fair? Shouldn t we go to overtime when both teams score the same amount of goals overall? I m really not that sure that there is a justification for that rule, although we ve always seen it so it seems normal.

I think the rule is meant to encourage away teams to attack... IMO, it's a good rule. talking about fairness, Chelsea deserved a better result in the 1st leg.

As for Bayern and Man United, I wouldn't be surprised if the devils knocked the Bavarians out tomorrow.. I wouldn't at all!

humm, a better result in the first leg, are you sure? in the first leg, the first half was even and a penalty from ivanovic on cavani wasn't awarded. Second half, PSG dominated completely and chelsea didn't have any ocasion.

On the second leg, PSG was doing good until the first goal that was somehow fortunate. from then on you could see they lacked of experience and were too nervous. they were just never dangerous. Schurrle even hitted a couple of posts. I think that overall chelsea deserved to go through after psg's ridiculous second half in the second leg. This team without ibra is not the same. In the first leg, attacking substitutes did a very good game, but you can't expect them to be consistent as ibra could be. worse time of the season to get injured.

oh and cavani.. i know what he's got on his mind actually... he is going though a rough divorce and he keeps on going back and forth to uruguay for lawyers and paperwork. he's been shit for the past 4 month after avery promissing start.
Major betiko

Postby Royal Panda on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:47 am

I've never agreed with the away goal rule, but it's there and the teams know the rules. It's not unfair on PSG as they knew what was needed in order to qualify, and had plenty of chances to do so.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:07 am

The away goal rule is necessary. Teams accept it and play along.

It produces great matches, imagine how many games would get boring in the last 10 minutes if the global score was tied.

betiko, if you are complaining about Cavani, imagine how the Germans think about mistukariahariahan (the Armenian) he had 2 clear chances and he missed them.

Watching the match yesterday, I had to change underpants twice.

I was for the first time disappointed with Ancelotti's way, I saw right after the first goal that he needed to do 2 substitutions and one move in the field:

1. Illarramendi was not playing anything, Isco for Illara would've given more possesion in the midfield.
2. Neither Bale nor DiMaria were comfortable playing on their sides, they've been playing all season long in the other side, so they needed to be switched.
3. Benzema low level (along with Xavi's) has been the problem with Madrid for weeks now. Morata for Benzema would've given RM more intensity on the offensive.

He made the first change after Illarra had made his awful mistake, along with the switch between DiMaria and Bale for the begining of the second half. But he left Benzema in, who played a little better in the second half.
General nietzsche

Postby DiM on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 pm

what a performance by atletico this evening. the 1-0 score is so unfair considering the amount of chances they had.

edit// i find it incredibly stupid that a club like barcelona doesn't have a proper box forward. if they had someone like mandzukic/benzema/ibrahimovic to replace messi for the last 20-30 minutes they would have probably managed to score.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:12 am

yup, happy the atletico made it! I'm sporting the atletico or chelsea to win the CL; would love to see the atletico lift up the 3 trophies, but they will most likely end up with nothing.

I remember when I was younger when el cholo simeone used to play for the atletico and they won the liga+copa del rey in 96, crazy to see how a former player with so many successes with that club is doing way above expectations since he's there... actually the atletico, commonly called "el pupas" in spain because they always end up with the most disapointing results after giving high expectations has done extremely well this decade.

regarding the away goals rule: I'm not saying for PSG specifically this time. I'm saying that basically when you are playing your home game, all that matters is that you don't receive a single goal and in the away game any tie would do; worse case you go to overtime. So actually the only thing you should do in your home game is defend well and play counter attack. I'm not that sure it brings more "show". This is just a general thought.
What is certain is that when you go overtime it's unfair that the away team's goal count double still.
Major betiko

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:29 am

betiko wrote:yup, happy the atletico made it! I'm sporting the atletico or chelsea to win the CL; would love to see the atletico lift up the 3 trophies, but they will most likely end up with nothing.

what are the 3 trophies? they're only fighting for La Liga and Champions League because Real Madrid eliminated them from Copa del Rey.
i kinda doubt they'll win CL. if they play like yesterday, then they have a very good chance but it's impossible to play like that in all games.

however in La Liga i think they're favourites. they have a pretty good schedule and if they manage at least a draw in the final game versus barcelona, they will be champions.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 am

DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:yup, happy the atletico made it! I'm sporting the atletico or chelsea to win the CL; would love to see the atletico lift up the 3 trophies, but they will most likely end up with nothing.

what are the 3 trophies? they're only fighting for La Liga and Champions League because Real Madrid eliminated them from Copa del Rey.
i kinda doubt they'll win CL. if they play like yesterday, then they have a very good chance but it's impossible to play like that in all games.

however in La Liga i think they're favourites. they have a pretty good schedule and if they manage at least a draw in the final game versus barcelona, they will be champions.

uhh! sorry you're right! the copa del rey final is real vs barça. got a bit confused because when the real played atletico en semis they also played in liga and all 3 games were pretty close in time. and I also forgot that it ended up 2-2 in liga, haha, I remember the atletico was winning that one. :lol:
Major betiko

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:35 pm

wow, just wow at valencia's performance. to win 5-0 after you lost 3-0 in the first leg. well that indeed shows motivation and skill.
Major DiM

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:53 pm

DiM wrote:wow, just wow at valencia's performance. to win 5-0 after you lost 3-0 in the first leg. well that indeed shows motivation and skill.

2 red cards for basel though; and it went to overtime. after playing so long with 9 players, the overtime was just too much.

so juve, valencia, sevilla and benfica. nice clubs left. and 4/8 spanish semi finalists... that's what you call dominantion this season...
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:12 pm

f*ck

Bayern.

I wanted Chelsea.

btw (400)
Last edited by nietzsche on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General nietzsche

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 pm

your yearly reminder that soccer isn't real football
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:32 pm

nietzsche wrote:f*ck

Bayern.

I wanted Chelsea.

btw (400)

suck it up! although any final can be fun now!

real-atleti -> derbi madrileño
chelsea-bayern-> 2012 revenge
real-chelsea-> mourinho's revenge
bayern-atletico -> last time the and first time the atletico played a champions league final 40 years ago. it finished 1-1 after overtime and had to be replayed another day. since there was no winner, the atletico played the intercontinental cup vs the south american champion and won it. it then lost the replay of the champions league final... 4-0!!!!!!
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:42 pm

In related news, CR7 won't play the final for the Cup vs Barca.

He has a muscular injury in the left biceps. ( lesión muscular en el bíceps femoral izquierdo) Translate for me betiko. It's unclear if there's a little tear or not.

He won't play for another two weeks.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:In related news, CR7 won't play the final for the Cup vs Barca.

He has a muscular injury in the left biceps. ( lesión muscular en el bíceps femoral izquierdo) Translate for me betiko. It's unclear if there's a little tear or not.

that's exactly what happened to ibra and he got 4 weeks. and PSG lost without him.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:57 pm

A lesion would be a small tear, rather than a full cut, I think.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Symmetry wrote:

lesion in spanish literally means injury.
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:01 pm

betiko wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Ah- thanks, it sort of means that in Latin too, but usually means a small cut or small injury in English.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby nietzsche on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:55 pm

Symmetry wrote:
betiko wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Ah- thanks, it sort of means that in Latin too, but usually means a small cut or small injury in English.

Yeah, the direct translation would be "Muscular injury in the left femoral biceps".

The part of the tear is left unclear by the team, it's to leave Barcelona with uncertainty about which line up will they face.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Symmetry wrote:
betiko wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Actually that s what "lésion" means in french. The spanish term probably moved over time from the original latin meaning.
Major betiko

Postby Trevor33 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Haha Bracelona
Major Trevor33

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:42 pm

trevor33 wrote:Haha Bracelona

lol! byebye! no title for you.

now don't fail me atletiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Major betiko

Postby nagerous on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 am

This season has been full of surprises. Who would have predicted Liverpool and Atletico as the favourites for the titles at this stage of the season. Heck even Bayern just lost 3-0
Captain nagerous

Postby chang50 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:31 am

nagerous wrote:This season has been full of surprises. Who would have predicted Liverpool and Atletico as the favourites for the titles at this stage of the season. Heck even Bayern just lost 3-0

Liverpool 3-2 the EPL is stupendous again..here in Thailand the locals can't get enough..
Captain chang50

Postby betiko on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:22 pm

nagerous wrote:This season has been full of surprises. Who would have predicted Liverpool and Atletico as the favourites for the titles at this stage of the season. Heck even Bayern just lost 3-0

Atletico is not favorite to win, at this stage the real is.

Haven t followed much the epl these days, city had a couple of games late and would ve been first, not the case anymore?
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,