Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 am

DiM wrote:yeah, i don't know what i was thinking about, lol.
but my point is still valid, since europa league was created some big clubs didn't even participate since they were busy with champions league, hence they didn't even get a chance to win it.

like which big club has never participated in the uefa cup in the past 15 years?
Major betiko

Postby DiM on Fri May 23, 2014 10:37 am

betiko wrote:
but my point is still valid, since europa league was created some big clubs didn't even participate since they were busy with champions league, hence they didn't even get a chance to win it.

like which big club has never participated in the uefa cup in the past 15 years?

so are we talking about europa league or uefa cup? :roll:

i mean europa league is only from 2009-2010 so i'm pretty sure quite a lot of teams didn't get a chance to participate.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby betiko on Fri May 23, 2014 11:38 am

DiM wrote:
betiko wrote:

so are we talking about europa league or uefa cup? :roll:

i mean europa league is only from 2009-2010 so i'm pretty sure quite a lot of teams didn't get a chance to participate.

If I tell you the champion's league of the past 30 years, would you make this same question telling me that before it was called the european champion s cup? Don't be silly.

In france, the journalist have always called them C1,C2 and C3 to go faster. C1 being now the champions league/champions cup, C2 being extinct and C3 the uefa cup/europa league
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Fri May 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Are you guys interested in the ESPN Bracket Predictor? Cause I could create a group. You need to create an ESPN account though, I'm asking because I hate creating accounts anywhere.

Also, we could go and spit in Andys World Cup thread, just to show we're not going to participate there.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Fri May 23, 2014 1:58 pm

nietzsche wrote:Are you guys interested in the ESPN Bracket Predictor? Cause I could create a group. You need to create an ESPN account though, I'm asking because I hate creating accounts anywhere.

Also, we could go and spit in Andys World Cup thread, just to show we're not going to participate there.

Is there an andy world cup thread? Shocking. I hope none of you will fall into that it s a trap thread.

I don t know what your espn predictor is, i m from the old continent.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Fri May 23, 2014 2:02 pm

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Are you guys interested in the ESPN Bracket Predictor? Cause I could create a group. You need to create an ESPN account though, I'm asking because I hate creating accounts anywhere.

Is there an andy world cup thread? Shocking. I hope none of you will fall into that it s a trap thread.

I don t know what your espn predictor is, i m from the old continent.

Not too elaborated, just:

In this game, you'll first have to predict which 16 teams will emerge from the group stage and advance to the knockout round (picking two teams in each of the eight preliminary groups). After that, you'll predict the winners from all the knockout games all the way through into the World Cup final. You'll get points for each correct pick (a complete breakdown of the points you can earn can be found in the How to Play section). The user with the most points at the end of the tournament will win a $2,000 Best Buy gift card and next in line may still walk away with a $1,000 Best Buy gift card for second place.

And while you're chasing after the grand prize, you can also create smaller groups to play for bragging rights among friends, relatives and co-workers. You will also be able to join groups dedicated to fans of each of the teams involved in the tournament.

http://games.espn.go.com/world-cup-brac ... 14/en/game
General nietzsche

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri May 23, 2014 2:10 pm

I'd be in!

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby betiko on Fri May 23, 2014 3:34 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:I'd be in!

sempai

Why don t you join our clan thing first? ;)

Yeah we registered on a page, want to join us niet? Takes 1 minute to register then you need to make your predictions.
Major betiko

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri May 23, 2014 4:14 pm

betiko wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:I'd be in!

sempai

Why don t you join our clan thing first? ;)

Because I already did.

sempai

Postby nietzsche on Fri May 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Ok, here it is:

Group: CC WC Bracket
Password: andysucks

Please use a name that can be easily recognized by us.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Fri May 23, 2014 6:48 pm

nietzsche wrote:Ok, here it is:

Group: CC WC Bracket
Password: andysucks

Please use a name that can be easily recognized by us.

i joined you taco loco. now what? can't enter predictions
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri May 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Wow paris just bought David luiz 50M euros from chelsea! :shock:
Most expensive defender ever.

And I thought the uefa just gave some strict rules about financial fair play....

PSG will now play with brazil's central defense thiago silva + david luiz
Major betiko

Postby Serbia on Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Joined and made picks that shall be scoffed at and proven wrong once the games begin.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Serbia wrote:Joined and made picks that shall be scoffed at and proven wrong once the games begin.

Bollocks.

Ditto.

sempai

Postby nietzsche on Sat May 24, 2014 12:26 pm

General nietzsche

Postby DiM on Sat May 24, 2014 3:33 pm

it's incredible how real manages to miss so many clear chances and atletico scored at their only shot on goal. football can be so unfair sometimes.

edit// and ramos scored. it's time for extra...time. :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sat May 24, 2014 4:19 pm

atletico played like a small team that found itself leading by mistake and tried to cheat football and defend an unjust lead. and they almost did it.
however they deserve all the praise in the world for getting this far. they've completely exceeded all expectations.

la decima is here.

PS: 4-1 is too harsh, even if for the last 60 minutes or so there was only one team on the field.
Major DiM

Postby betiko on Sun May 25, 2014 2:18 am

Yesterday was a sad day for football.
Major betiko

Postby DiM on Sun May 25, 2014 2:56 am

betiko wrote:Yesterday was a sad day for football.

Major DiM

Postby Trevor33 on Sun May 25, 2014 6:56 am

Are you kidding? Bitch when Chelsea win the CL playing defensive crap and bitch when a team gets beat playing defensive crap.

Football was the winner yesterday.
Major Trevor33

Postby DiM on Sun May 25, 2014 7:17 am

trevor33 wrote:

Are you kidding? Bitch when Chelsea win the CL playing defensive crap and bitch when a team gets beat playing defensive crap.

he already said several times he hates real madrid (amongst other teams), hence his "sad day for football" BS.
Major DiM

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun May 25, 2014 12:04 pm

I predicted every quarter final, semi final and the final correctly. Shame I didn't place any bets huh.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Pirlo on Sun May 25, 2014 1:28 pm

trevor33 wrote:

I don't think Atletico played defensive crap... They were so good for 75-80 minutes, then they just got exhausted. On the other hand, Atletico would be excused for playing defensive "crap" due to their limited resources, unlike the wealthy Chelsea!
Major Pirlo

Postby Trevor33 on Sun May 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Pirlo wrote:
trevor33 wrote:

I don't think Atletico played defensive crap... They were so good for 75-80 minutes, then they just got exhausted. On the other hand, Atletico would be excused for playing defensive "crap" due to their limited resources, unlike the wealthy Chelsea!

I don't have a problem with the way either Chelsea or Atletico played, they were both up against betters players and played to their strengths. For 92 mins that was a good a defensive game that I've seen this season on their part... Bale had a chance but other than that the only threat was DiMaria as he was the only one given any space.

I did want Real to win yesterday but not because of the way Athetico play because I've always liked Real. In 2012 I was supporting Chelsea against Bayern.

My only gripe is with Frenchie complaining about the way Chelsea won it and then say it was a crime for football that a defensive team didn't win.
Major Trevor33

Postby nietzsche on Sun May 25, 2014 6:01 pm

Pirlo wrote:
trevor33 wrote:

Can you please watch the game again?

From minute 60 RM was completely dominating the game, from the 80 it was just a matter of time. Yes they play very good defense and with a lot of intensity, but yesterday's was not Atleti's best game of the season, by far. Nevertheless their feat is impressive, they didn't have Arda nor Costa, they had to make 2 defensive substitutions and the only strategic substitution that Siemeone got to make didn't work.

Atleti deserves a lot of praise but yesterday they should've attacked more, you cannot expect to move the game to Curtuois area for 20 minutes and don't receive the equalizer. But they didn't have Costa. And Sosa didn't exist.

I think Atleti got tired when Ramos scored. If Ramos hadn't scored, they could've kept going for 10 more aggregate minutes.

ANd just for the record, because the media, (other than Marca), journalist and almost everyone who isn't a RM fan was rooting for Simeone and the fairy tale, Varane reacted to Simeone hitting him with the ball first. Still, winning, he could've just winked at Simeone and move on, but it was Simeone who started the shit. I know because in one of the 3 different broadcasts that I watched the game in, the commentator happened to be paying attention to that even before it got big, while the international transmision was showing the celebration of the goal.

Also, because friends cannot stop shitting me about the 5 minutes: There were 5 substitutions and at least to injuries, one of which is when Morata makes a foul and the fouled laid there for some time just to make time, Bale, during that time kept working the referee to remember to add time for that, in between that work of Bale with the referee he takes some time to stop Ramos from getting the second yellow card. Five minutes was just ok, and the goal was scored at 92:50, so even 3 minutes would've been enough.
General nietzsche

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,