Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby betiko on Thu May 29, 2014 5:18 am

Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
betiko wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
According to them, the most important factor is having as many unique visitors as possible.

according to any site owner having the maximum unique visitors is the objective, but of a given target audience. You told me about your target audience; and it's not a very sexy one for most of the advertisers. The inventory is definitely going to be sold very cheap.

Oh yeah... Saudi people are the most wanted target!

Depending on the product. If you want to make a media planning in saudi arabia for an energy, bank, luxury, telecom or an airline company, the ones spending the big bucks, would you try to advertise on a big site for pre-pubert wankers or on the sports pages of business sites? A small sports section of a quality site can be much more profitable.

I think we have mentioned earlier that the majority of sport site users are teenagers? that makes it perfect for advertising stuff to be consumed. Saudi is the country with the largest purchasing power in mid-east.

what i'm saying is that you don't get the same value for space. And no, you sell teenagers teenagers stuff. Sports brands, video games, stuff like that; other than this this target is not attractive to most advertisers who would rather target the parents. Saudi arabia or bengladesh, I don't give a shit of the country, I'm talking about your positioning within a given market, not asking you to compare overall purchasing powers.
Major betiko

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Private 1st Class 2dimes

Postby Trevor33 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:29 am

nietzsche wrote:Ok, here it is:

http://games.espn.go.com/world-cup-brac ... 14/en/game

Group: CC WC Bracket
Password: andysucks

Please use a name that can be easily recognized by us.

There you go fuckwits, first to complete the bracket.

Didn't want Argentina to win it a couple of weeks ago but money talk so VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!
Major Trevor33

Postby nagerous on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:36 pm

2dimes wrote:

I was at the game, crowd went absolutely mental, of course I completely missed it as I was focusing on the actual game part, but found out seconds later why everyone was frantically cheering.
Captain nagerous

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Ok, finished my bracket predictions, everybody ready?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:16 am

taco, you think suarez will go to madrid and that benzema will be sold?

also, I heard that lukaku will enter in the deal between the atletico and chelsea for diego costa. I think he will score big time there, the atletico has a tradition of big scorers, I don't know how they make it, but each striker that plays there ends up with 20+ goals in liga (penev, vieri, hasselbaink, torres, forlan, aguero, falcao, diego costa..... to name a few)
Major betiko

Postby Pirlo on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:00 am

betiko wrote:taco, you think suarez will go to madrid and that benzema will be sold?

also, I heard that lukaku will enter in the deal between the atletico and chelsea for diego costa. I think he will score big time there, the atletico has a tradition of big scorers, I don't know how they make it, but each striker that plays there ends up with 20+ goals in liga (penev, vieri, hasselbaink, torres, forlan, aguero, falcao, diego costa..... to name a few)

Atletico know how to buy!
Major Pirlo

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:31 pm

“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:42 pm

betiko wrote:taco, you think suarez will go to madrid and that benzema will be sold?

Morata is gone so no need for Benzema to go if Suarez arrives.

It's easier for a striker to produce if they have not as much pressure and is signed for his specific characteristics and not his media magnet power. Strikers need confidence and the knowledge they're going to play. Confidence is fundamental and a good season can mark a striker for all his life. It's likely that if Diego Costa would've signed for RM he wouldn't have played much, his style not representative of the pedigree of RM. See what happened to Morientes, a great striker yet he was always fighting for a spot because he wasn't flashy or anything. Higuain had to go sort of because of the same. THat's my opinion.
General nietzsche

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Pirlo wrote:

Atletico know how to buy!

considering the huge debt that atletico has, i'd say they have no idea how to handle money.

PS: i wonder if fifa will hit them (again) with a FFP warning (or worse)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:01 pm

I can't help but laugh.
When Andy made that World Cup thread, a whole bunch of you were all "what are you doing? we already have a thread for football!"
But yet, none of you have posted in this thread since the World Cup started.

Anyway, I recently decided to start a collection:
A shirt from the national team of every country I have ever been to, with a player's name and number.
I'm writing to announce that as of right this moment, said collection is complete.

Will post pics when I remember to take them.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:30 am

I was watching the brackets, only trevor and I predicted Mexico advanced. You all suck.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:14 am

Just to get back to the ballon d'or discussion; if last year I thought messi deserved it as he beat muller's record (not this one the one from the 60s-70s) of goals in a calendar year; i think that ronaldo will deserve it this year no matter the result of the world cup.
Pretty lame but smart what messi did to save himself for the world cup.
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:08 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:I can't help but laugh.
When Andy made that World Cup thread, a whole bunch of you were all "what are you doing? we already have a thread for football!"
But yet, none of you have posted in this thread since the World Cup started.

Because most of the discussion is happening in that thread. There is no point splitting the discussion so we made do.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:00 am

Kroos and now James... great

Now we have: Xabi Alonso, Kedhira, Illarramendi, Modric, Isco, DiMaria, Kroos and James.

Can someone call Florentino and tell him that only 3 midfielders can play in Acelotti's system?
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:41 pm

nietzsche wrote:Kroos and now James... great

Now we have: Xabi Alonso, Kedhira, Illarramendi, Modric, Isco, DiMaria, Kroos and James.

Can someone call Florentino and tell him that only 3 midfielders can play in Acelotti's system?

Di maria will sign for psg as soon as they sell pastore aparently.
Griezmann about to sign for the atleti?
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:29 am

betiko wrote:

Apparently yes, Atleti would pay the recession clause (30M), which sucks since Carlos Vela stayed at Real Sociedad hoping they would have a good team to compete, and Griezman and him were BFF.

Griezman didn't shine in the WC but he'll eventually be a top striker, one of the best IMO. Atleti will end up selling him for 60M in a couple of years.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:15 am

nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:

Apparently yes, Atleti would pay the recession clause (30M), which sucks since Carlos Vela stayed at Real Sociedad hoping they would have a good team to compete, and Griezman and him were BFF.

Griezman didn't shine in the WC but he'll eventually be a top striker, one of the best IMO. Atleti will end up selling him for 60M in a couple of years.

Griezmann did a pretty good world cup considering he was new blood in the team, he started like half of the games and he did pretty well each time he was in play. Were you expecting more from him?? I m satisfied with his overall performance, no doubt. And he isn t a striker, he plays more on the side from where he does much dammage.

Also, cavani might go to manchester united?
By the way, can someone explain how the financial fairplay works? Cause it looks like only city and psg have restrictions this summer.
Major betiko

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:25 pm

I've decided to buy season tickets for NYCFC, the new club being started by Man City and the Yankees.
Since I've bought season tickets for the first season, I'm a Founding Member, and I'll have my name carved in stone on the site of their stadium once it's built.
Does this mean I have to start rooting for Man City?
I had rooted for Spurs this past year, but I don't know that I would call myself a Spurs fan.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby betiko on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:21 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:I've decided to buy season tickets for NYCFC, the new club being started by Man City and the Yankees.
Since I've bought season tickets for the first season, I'm a Founding Member, and I'll have my name carved in stone on the site of their stadium once it's built.
I had rooted for Spurs this past year, but I don't know that I would call myself a Spurs fan.

sempai

That means you should root for nyfc. I have sympathy for some english clubs more than others, but given that i don t really feel the same from one season to the next, I m not going to force myself to feel something special for an EPL club when I obviously don t. Looks like you feel the same with EPL clubs. No need to force yourself into rooting for a club and calling yourself a fan if it s not for life.
I m pretty sure you can be a nyfc fan for life if you follow them since their first season and you got your name on a stadium stone..

You guys signed lampard right?

The affiliation thing is stupid though. This is a bit like the chivas usa or the ny red bulls... It makes you feel like they aren t 100% a club, more like a B team or something...
Major betiko

Postby tzor on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:50 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:I've decided to buy season tickets for NYCFC, the new club being started by Man City and the Yankees.

I thought about buying season tickets but decided not to. I'm probably going to give up my 10 pack of tickets to the Yankees as well because this year most of the games were day games. I'll probably try to get individual tickets depending on how my schedule goes.
Cadet tzor

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:52 pm

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:

Griezmann did a pretty good world cup considering he was new blood in the team, he started like half of the games and he did pretty well each time he was in play. Were you expecting more from him?? I m satisfied with his overall performance, no doubt. And he isn t a striker, he plays more on the side from where he does much dammage.

Also, cavani might go to manchester united?
By the way, can someone explain how the financial fairplay works? Cause it looks like only city and psg have restrictions this summer.

Yeah, I expected more from him. I've seen him play a few times and I really like him. I've seen him play on the side and as a 9 or 9 1/2 for Real Sociedad and I like him more in the center. Maybe because I got tired of Vela making good plays that didn't end in goal when Griezman was not in the pitch or playing in one side. To me he was the best option for the striker position even though Real Sociedad had 3 other options.

In that regard he's similar to Benzema that can play in the area but outside the area as well.
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Of all the RM players, including Kroos, James and CR7, the one I'm looking forward to see is Bale, let's see what he can do with a proper pre-season.

Not loving the hair-style though.
General nietzsche

Postby Timminz on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:55 pm

sempai

That's awesome!
Captain Timminz

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:47 pm

nietzsche wrote:Of all the RM players, including Kroos, James and CR7, the one I'm looking forward to see is Bale, let's see what he can do with a proper pre-season.

Not loving the hair-style though.

why the hell would they buy kroos anyway? I might be wrong, but I think he will barely play.
There are still players like isco or jesé that deserve some time on the pitch as well...
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,