Conquer Club

favorite school subjects

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

which is your favorite???

Total votes : 0

favorite school subjects

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:10 pm

which area of education is your favorite and why?

my favorite class is math. i love math!
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby strike wolf on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:12 pm

PE. I'd say staring into the girl's locker room before PE but that's more of a passtime. :wink:
Cadet strike wolf

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:14 pm

History/political science
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby cowshrptrn on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:19 pm

Science is a bit broad, i like chemistry, and physics a lot, but really dont' liek biology or earth science. History is interesting whenever i ahve an interesting teach.
Private cowshrptrn

Postby Cheesemore on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:41 pm

I like math for one reason:
NO ESSAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate to read and write so I like Math because other than gym (or health maybe) you know there will be no essays
Leader of the Gridiron Gang
Proud Member of Conquer Club
cena-rules wrote:Cheese is the most valuble thing in the world
Private Cheesemore

Postby vtmarik on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:45 pm

Cheesemore wrote:I like math for one reason:
I hate to read and write so I like Math because other than gym (or health maybe) you know there will be no essays

Give it a year, soon essays will be required in math class as standardized test scores become the school's priority.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:14 am

vtmarik wrote:

Give it a year, soon essays will be required in math class as standardized test scores become the school's priority.

So people in other states know tom luna was elected for our superintendant of idaho?
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:14 am

strike wolf wrote:PE. I'd say staring into the girl's locker room before PE but that's more of a passtime. :wink:

bjs in the bathroom in the upper gym while running laps up there is nice too
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby UCAbears on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:24 am

reverend_kyle wrote:pimp
strike wolf wrote:PE. I'd say staring into the girl's locker room before PE but that's more of a passtime. :wink:

bjs in the bathroom in the upper gym while running laps up there is nice too

agreed
Cook UCAbears

Postby slash1890 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:58 am

vtmarik wrote:

In my Math class last year, I had to do a book report.
Corporal slash1890

Postby mr. incrediball on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:10 am

i like geography cause the flags r colourful, and history cause it's interestin
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby edmundomcpot on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:39 am

fav subject is history...apart from constantly learning about the roles of woman
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cook edmundomcpot

Postby vtmarik on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:45 pm

edmundomcpot wrote:fav subject is history...apart from constantly learning about the roles of woman

It is kind of depressing isn't it?
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Econ2000 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:56 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

So people in other states know tom luna was elected for our superintendant of idaho?

lol i remember those when i was in high school
Rap music is being listened to by 97% of teenagers, if you're one of the 3% of teenagers that actually listen to real music, then put this in your signature.
Corporal Econ2000

Postby Econ2000 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:58 pm

another thing my favorite subjects(when in high school):

1.Math
2.Orchestra
3.Social Studies
4.PE
Rap music is being listened to by 97% of teenagers, if you're one of the 3% of teenagers that actually listen to real music, then put this in your signature.
Corporal Econ2000

Postby morph on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:38 pm

i pick lunch, i aced that class!!
I am slowly going insane, thanks to Jay, Brandon (the douch tool) and sammy gags for his pic of bubba....
Cadet morph

Location: Behind you, no stop turnin in circles your makin me dizzy

Postby strike wolf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:14 pm

vtmarik wrote:

I remember last year, our math teacher got sick or something and they had to bring in an english teacher to replace her. All we ever did was book reports about why...let's just say pi...was so significant.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: favorite school subjects

Postby bigtoughralf on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Maths*
Free Palestine
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:37 am

Some Comments

1) Since most of this thread was done in 2006, a few things have changed.

2) Standardized testing dominated public education in 2006 to recent times. So comments there are now out of date, in many ways.

3) Writing essays is not a priority in Math Classes, but there is a trend to DESCRIBE how to solve math problems and NOT JUST how to do them.

4) Among the current Education trends, IN THE NEWS now:
(a) critical race theory and
(b) gender and pronoun identity, that I assume is taking place in English classes, and where the teacher wants to make it an issue.

5) Other newer trends include:
PBL, Project Based Learning; Learning in larger "chunks" or Projects to focus on a more narrow subject and/or skills. This is opposed to much of the curricula in many public schools that are a "mile wide and one inch deep" that do a cursory survey to get students ready for all or nearly all Test Questions.

6) (a) A greater emphasis on "soft skills" such as team building, being a good team "player" (in preparations for the new work environment),

7) (b) and social-emotional efforts to help children COPE with the stresses of (i) COVID; (ii) social media and bullying and pressure; (iii) "systemic racism" and (iv) other evils and stresses children face. some perceived and some real.
What is the social emotional learning?
Social emotional learning (SEL) is a methodology that helps students of all ages to better comprehend their emotions, to feel those emotions fully, and demonstrate empathy for others.

https://www.nu.edu/resources/social-emotional-learning-sel-why-it-matters-for-educators/

8 ) restorative justice

Restorative justice empowers students to resolve conflicts on their own and in small groups, and it's a growing practice at schools around the country. Essentially, the idea is to bring students together in peer-mediated small groups to talk, ask questions, and air their grievances.

https://www.edutopia.org/blog/restorative-justice-resources-matt-davis

Bhagat points to Fairfax County Schools, which started a restorative justice project a decade ago that expanded to working with police and the juvenile court system. Carla Okouchi is a music teacher in the district. She’s concerned about the inequities in suspensions and breaking the cycle of the “school to prison pipeline.”

https://vpm.org/news/articles/2800/virginia-schools-take-steps-to-implement-restorative-practices

Having been in Education a long time, I have seen many trends come and go. The Standardized Test "fad" lasted longer than nearly MOST trends in education. The Testing "fad" lasted some 20-25 years, A VERY LONG time in Education these days. Some "fads" last about 2 years, depending on what the Administrator saw or heard or worked for their EdD project for their doctorate degree. There was also an endeavor called UDB, about writing curricula (that I found rather useless, but spent some 3 years doing, on and off to satisfy the requirements imposed on me.) Fortunately, I have forgotten what UDB means.

9) One trend I embraced and still foster is the integration of new technology in teaching. There are computer and calculator based equipment and sensors to measure things like pH, force, speed, temperature, gas pressure, CO2 and O2 levels, and SO MUCH more.

10) COVID and partial and/or full closings have forced and enhanced teachers using things like ZOOM, Google Classroom, and other electronic means to connect to students (both synchronous and asynchronous).

One last and rather ODD note: I recently had to use the Firefox browser to better use Google Classroom. Google Classroom would not work on the Google browser. REALLY>>?? That is the solution we found to make it work.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:16 pm

What exactly is WC climbing? Climbing out of a toilet after you accidentally slipped in?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,