Conquer Club

[AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Completed

Tournaments Completed in 2018.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Last round

Postby serram on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:19 pm

Even though I hadn´t a good performance in this, I´d love to play another version of it, and I think the sugestion to make it an annual tournament very interesting
Sergeant 1st Class serram

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Last round

Postby Mad777 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:02 pm

=D> =D>

This long auto tournament has ended today and I’m proud to announce the winner grt after 22 round and after a marathon throughout 242 maps!

Thanks for all the comment toward the end of this tournament and like I said I will work on making a 2nd edition soon twisting some setup.

I will have to run through admin to check if he is willing to inject generous prize as this edition if not more.

benga, you can move this thread to “completed”, and I will advertise the next iteration when it’s ready but before launching it I will have a thread dedicated to it in the tournament general Forum to allow you all posting comment about it.

I think we can easily have it to run within a 12 months timeframe but with less participants, I have already coded to restrict entrance to player with less than 99% attendance, this should eliminate most of the deadbeating occurrence we had.

Again thanks for those who stayed until the end and hope you enjoyed it overall.

Mad777
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Re: [AT] Conquer Map Marathon Cup - Round 21

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Fyrdraca wrote:Congrats to grt on winning this race!

I’m likely going to finish with 179, so josko will need to win 10/11 to secure 2nd. Been a fun ride!

Would be interesting to somehow analyze the degree of difficulty for each of the top 20 finishers or so to see if over 242 games luck still played a role (i.e., faced deadbeat opponents, faced low score opponents, etc.)

Only way this could be improved is if there was a way to ensure a more equal distribution of games for and against everyone.

You could probably add up the wins of the opponents to get a rough but simple idea of degree of difficulty. It would be biased higher for people who played late round deadbeats, but not by too much. The top players probably would've still won 6+ games against any opponent, so the bias even in that case would would be limited to a handful of points change in the overall degree of difficulty number.

Mad777 wrote:=D> =D>

This long auto tournament has ended today and I’m proud to announce the winner grt after 22 round and after a marathon throughout 242 maps!

Thanks for all the comment toward the end of this tournament and like I said I will work on making a 2nd edition soon twisting some setup.

I will have to run through admin to check if he is willing to inject generous prize as this edition if not more.

benga, you can move this thread to “completed”, and I will advertise the next iteration when it’s ready but before launching it I will have a thread dedicated to it in the tournament general Forum to allow you all posting comment about it.

I think we can easily have it to run within a 12 months timeframe but with less participants, I have already coded to restrict entrance to player with less than 99% attendance, this should eliminate most of the deadbeating occurrence we had.

Again thanks for those who stayed until the end and hope you enjoyed it overall.

Mad777

Did you check to see if the deadbeats actually had less than 99% attendance. And also whether any of the still-active participants are/were below that number. The first check is important because my impression was that a lot of the "deadbeats" were actually around for a while and either quit or missed a few rounds, so they would still be let in to your next tourney. I'm not sure that you'll be able to detect or prevent this. I'm not even sure that you'd be able to tell what their attendance was prior to the tourney. But I am worried that if the attendance figure isn't very predictive of deadbeats that you'll just exclude players and have more trouble filling the tourney. The second check would also tell you if you might also be excluding some of the players that you actually want.

Anyway, thanks again for the tourney! I had fun and don't think the deadbeats had too much of an effect overall given the strong talent at the top of the scoreboard!
Colonel agentcom

Previous

Return to Completed 2018