Conquer Club

1982, Labyrinth, Polys, Jamaica, Israel, Iraq in Pantry!

Anything Pantry related matters

Moderators: Pantry Team, Community Team

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! Triples on Egypt: Nubia (2 game

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:32 pm

speaking of flipping, is there anyway that we can "flip" the join games to show the oldest games first and the newest games last?

I'm sure it would cause a lot of ruckus, especially for how long it would take to clean the games up. BUT, I do feel that overall it would drastically decrease the amount of games waiting to be filled.

Thoughts?
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Donelladan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:38 pm

It was the case before, old games appeared first.
But then, first page was a bunch of Das Schloss quad with some weird settings that was set up by some farmers, then you had a bunch of oasis quad or all your base quad freestyles. First pages were useless, you had to go directly to page 5 or 6 to start finding some interesting game.

And somehow at some point those farming games were filled by some noobs with no idea of how to play the map or how to play a team game and were quickly eliminated by the farmers, giving poor experience to those noobs.

That is why the "join games" page was changed.
There has been some suggestions to change it again though, will see if this will be done, because something need to be done for that join games page.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:47 pm

now that you mention it, I do remember that back from my first stint on CC. That makes sense why it was changed.

Has there ever been any discussion about limiting the amount of games one person can create? Like having a cap of 5 or 10 games that you can host, until they are filled?
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 am

elonpuckhog wrote:There are many tourney games that will need to be deleted. I know I'm guilty (as TO) of not deleting some. Since these tournies are over, I would assume these games can be deleted:

Unfilled tourney games should autodelete after two weeks. If any of those are older than two weeks, you need to send them to an admin. But if they're less than two weeks, then no problem, they'll go away by themselves.

jmyork82 wrote:now that you mention it, I do remember that back from my first stint on CC. That makes sense why it was changed.

Has there ever been any discussion about limiting the amount of games one person can create? Like having a cap of 5 or 10 games that you can host, until they are filled?

I think there is a Suggestion up about it. I don't think it ever got much traction.

What is far more urgent, I think, is the Suggestion to autodelete public games after some period.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:56 am

Dukasaur wrote:
elonpuckhog wrote:There are many tourney games that will need to be deleted. I know I'm guilty (as TO) of not deleting some. Since these tournies are over, I would assume these games can be deleted:

Unfilled tourney games should autodelete after two weeks. If any of those are older than two weeks, you need to send them to an admin. But if they're less than two weeks, then no problem, they'll go away by themselves.

jmyork82 wrote:now that you mention it, I do remember that back from my first stint on CC. That makes sense why it was changed.

I think there is a Suggestion up about it. I don't think it ever got much traction.

What is far more urgent, I think, is the Suggestion to autodelete public games after some period.

The bolded part was changed some time ago. They are def more than 2 weeks old. All of the games i posted are for tournies that are over. I sent them to blake, but so far no action.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 am

Well this fizzled out faster than I expected.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby jmyork82 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:46 am

Dukasaur wrote:

I agree with that to a certain extent. I like what was said earlier about inactive players being removed from waiting games. If they are the only one waiting for the game, then the game can auto delete. Otherwise, I think people should be allowed to wait on a game as long as they want.

I will say this, I have had good success with filling games by inviting people to them. I use the game finder to search for players who have played similar map/settings as the games I am trying to fill. I have filled over 40 games this way, alone. The only downside is that I have to join every single one of these games to do that which has driven up my game count significantly. I have learned that there are players out there who are willing to play these games that are sitting open, you just have to direct them to the open game.

What if there was somebody, or a small team, that were allowed to invite players to games without joining them? They could be the ones tasked to assist in filling games.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! Triples on San Francisco - 2 ga

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:24 pm

new games up!
Cook Butters1919

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:55 pm

update me Butters, I have 3 on 1982 that just need a little bit of attention
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:18 am

will do a bit later today.
Cook Butters1919

Postby jmyork82 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:14 am

You're the man! Go ahead and list the ones up to where I have joined so far. I'm thinking the 1982 games aren't too far from being finished.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 9/1

Postby jmyork82 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:06 am

I have noticed more and more people helping out with the cause. I appreciate everyone who has been joining these games! =D> =D> =D>

Thanks again!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 10/8

Postby Donelladan on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 am

Game 14123498

1 player more !
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/11

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:24 am

I joined the Easter games....:)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/11

Postby jmyork82 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:38 am

Dukasaur wrote:I joined the Easter games....:)

lol, thanks! Now I have 6 waiting and 6 more that I have yet to join.

Anybody else interested in joining more Easter games, let me know! PM me or post below!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/16

Postby dillonbrett on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:41 am

you should make it that if you join the 4 or so oldest games you will get a credit or something then there will be a feeding frenzy for the last 4 or so games (even i will join them ;)
Sergeant dillonbrett

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:12 am

dillonbrett wrote:you should make it that if you join the 4 or so oldest games you will get a credit or something then there will be a feeding frenzy for the last 4 or so games (even i will join them ;)

If it were up to me, I would try to put a little reward in place to help give an incentive, but unfortunately that is out of my jurisdiction.

But, you should join one anyways out of your good nature :D the Easter games have been interesting so far and should have a quick turnover on how fast the games conclude.

What kind of maps/settings do you like? I could match you up with an older game and make it fill for you!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby baddestbrute on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:18 pm

if you guys need a player to fill games then send me as many invites as you can,,,willing to help fill those games,,,,lots of time on my hands,,recovering from hip replacement surgery,,,about a month before i go back to work,,,oh and i did join a few games from first post
Sergeant baddestbrute

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Awesome brute! Glad you to see that you are helping out :)

It looks like you already have the initiative and dont really need me to invite. If you go to the "join games" tab and click to get to the very last page, you can join as many games as you wish. I have been methodically working on filling these particular games. The closer to the end of the list, the sooner I can fill the game you have joined.

In the meantime, I hope you have a speedy recovery from your hip surgery!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/17

Postby Mad777 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:53 pm

joined a dozen from last page (Easter, Baltic states and 1 Random) 8-)
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry!

Postby Fewnix on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:23 am

Re: Auto-drop waiting games

Postby Fewnix on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:21 am
agreed,

Let it be done.

Donelladan wrote:The good idea would be that those old games are automatically deleted.

And for this kind of stuff :

Ok, after that anticlimactic start to this endeavour, we next have a Terminator game on Bamboo Jack: Game 13344996

11 player, manual, sequential, escalating, chained, fog.

Only the creator, tryagain is not premium and his last completed game was in this number range. So we'll have to endure him deadbeating. But, I promise it will be fun afterwards!

Someone made a suggestion no sot long ago that I think is the solution ( I made the suggestion ) :

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 4#p4566934

Has to be done ! I think it's simple work ( the code already exist for speed game somehow it should be possible to use something similar for sequential game) and would avoid most of deadbeating players from round 1.

Of course since it was a simple suggestion no one argued about it, no one comment about it, and I am assuming no one from CC staff did notice it.
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/18

Postby owenshooter on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:07 pm

jmyork82 wrote:where's my snare? i have no snare in my headphones...

keep cleaning out your closet, YORKY!!!-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:39 pm

thanks jmyork82 for keeping this going. i was obviously not up to the task!
Cook Butters1919

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Butters1919 wrote:thanks jmyork82 for keeping this going. i was obviously not up to the task!

You still deserve a lot of credit as the originator of the project!

=D> =D> =D>

But yes, thanks to jmyork, who is doing a stellar job of keeping it alive!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Mageplunka69 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:37 am

joined all i could ..i like this way to fill old games
Captain Mageplunka69

PreviousNext

Return to The Pantry