Conquer Club

1982, Labyrinth, Polys, Jamaica, Israel, Iraq in Pantry!

Anything Pantry related matters

Moderators: Pantry Team, Community Team

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/20

Postby Silly Knig-it on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:21 am

Joined nine. It's a start.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/20

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:06 am

:lol: owen, youre funny!

Thanks for all of the support everybody! Especially the ones who have been doing their part joining the games. There are too many names to list of people who have joined their fair share of these games. This has really been a community effort if you really think about it. The response to my invites by all sorts of players has been outstanding. People could easily decline to join these games, but it just goes to show you that people will play any combination of maps or settings, as long as others are willing to join and play.

Conquer on everybody!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/22

Postby Mad777 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:09 am

Tried to join last spot into this game and get the following banner:

"Error

You cannot join game Game 14350756 because you are ptlowe's foe."

".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 12/31

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Special request from a freemium to get Game 16154358 filled, lets turn this one over ASAP!

PM me to bump a "reserved" spot for you!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! Triples on Egypt: Nubia (2 game

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:17 pm

Donelladan wrote:It was the case before, old games appeared first.
But then, first page was a bunch of Das Schloss quad with some weird settings that was set up by some farmers, then you had a bunch of oasis quad or all your base quad freestyles. First pages were useless, you had to go directly to page 5 or 6 to start finding some interesting game.

And somehow at some point those farming games were filled by some noobs with no idea of how to play the map or how to play a team game and were quickly eliminated by the farmers, giving poor experience to those noobs.

That is why the "join games" page was changed.
There has been some suggestions to change it again though, will see if this will be done, because something need to be done for that join games page.

Maybe there could be a box to check at the top of the page or something, that let's you flip the order to see oldest games first.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 1/4

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:45 am

Clicking the double arrows to go to the last page I have found has the same effect. The best way to get people to join an old game is to invite them. This thread has also helped over time. Especially the more that CC promotes it on the announcement list. I have seen more people joining old games on their own now than in the past.

Jdsizzleslice, you could help by encouraging your clan mates to join some old team games. There are plenty of games on the backside waiting for some solid competitors.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 1/5

Postby Mad777 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:18 am

=D>

Impressive...the oldest game available is 10 months old only....good job man!!!
Captain Mad777

Postby jmyork82 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:39 am

Mad777 wrote:=D>

How do you see the date it was created?

I've been subtracting the newest game number from the oldest game number to measure my progress...
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Fewnix on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:04 pm

sign me up for a bunch of games please, half a dozen, dozen? doesn't matter the map or settings,oppo or team mates

1 have a new mop want to try

merry xmas
and a hippy new year
Few
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby Mad777 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:30 pm

jmyork82 wrote:

I've been subtracting the newest game number from the oldest game number to measure my progress...

I copy/paste the oldest game number and go to the "Game Finder"...I search for the next speed game has been created right after that one, I go then into the game log to see the date it started.

but in this case I was wrong sorry, the closest speed game created after it was in June 2014 :oops: so its 18 months, and not 10 months old ;)
Captain Mad777

Postby jmyork82 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:20 pm

That gap will close in time. After all, I look it this more like its a marathon.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby jmyork82 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Mad777 wrote:
jmyork82 wrote:

I copy/paste the oldest game number and go to the "Game Finder"...I search for the next speed game has been created right after that one, I go then into the game log to see the date it started.

but in this case I was wrong sorry, the closest speed game created after it was in June 2014 :oops: so its 18 months, and not 10 months old ;)

I'm about 200 games away from games that are exactly a year old. At my pace, that means I am 4 months away from catching up to today's year old games. 4 months from now is May, and I will would be 150+ away from year old games (3 months). August I would be 100+, 2 months time. October games are about 150+ away at that point.

So from the looks of things, it would take a better part of a year to get close to year old games. But ultimately slip further away as I close the numerical gap. But, this is also taking into consideration that there will be a portion of these games that will fill on their own, without my help.

With all of this in consideration, in order to truely clean out the pantry, CC needs to fill more games than are created. I would be curious to know if bigwham is able to find the statistic of how many games were created vs started, each month, for the past 3 months.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 1/29

Postby riskllama on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:18 pm

i submit that jmyork deserves a medal(general contribution?)for his efforts here. good job, dude... =D>
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Mad777 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:07 pm

riskllama wrote:i submit that jmyork deserves a medal(general contribution?)for his efforts here. good job, dude... =D>

I did have that worked out already...agreed and medal well deserved!
Captain Mad777

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:22 pm

riskllama wrote:i submit that jmyork deserves a medal(general contribution?)for his efforts here. good job, dude... =D>

Thanks riskllama! As Mad777 said earlier, I have already been recognized for my efforts, its by far my favorite medal!

I'm glad to have received so much support from everybody on this, otherwise I probably would have packed it in by now. There is still a lot to do though.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/3

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:35 pm

This is not quite old enough to be in the pantry, but it's a really old game I joined a while back:
Game 14875981

Mad777 wrote:

I did have that worked out already...agreed and medal well deserved!

+1
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/3

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:11 pm

done
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/15

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:50 am

More Das Schloss games up!!! YAY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

](*,)
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Mad777 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:03 am

jmyork82 wrote:More Das Schloss games up!!! YAY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

](*,)

2 pages prior shows even more :sick:

8-)
Captain Mad777

Postby jmyork82 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:12 pm

those are all Assassin games too, escalating. Those may actually go faster than Genghis Khunts games
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/17

Postby jmyork82 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:55 pm

For those of you following this thread, I have added a new section to the main post, below the team games. They are essentially games that are "ready to play", all they need is 1 or 2 more to join. All I need is a few volunteers to join them. I wont be inviting players to these like I do with normal 10 that I have queued to fill. Updating new games like these wont happen as frequently but I will check their fill status as often as I do the other games as to keep the links as current as possible.

Thanks for keeping up with Cleaning Out The Pantry!
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/18

Postby boberz on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:48 am

I love the idea of this thread brilliant. Keep up the great work and offer me invites if you want. I have looked for a few but don't seem to have the prowess. What is the strategy, filter maps you want and then sort the games by game numbers?
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/18

Postby jmyork82 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 pm

boberz wrote:I love the idea of this thread brilliant. Keep up the great work and offer me invites if you want. I have looked for a few but don't seem to have the prowess. What is the strategy, filter maps you want and then sort the games by game numbers?

Thanks boberz, its certainly a chore. If you let me know what kind of maps/settings that you DONT like, i can invite you to games that meet your prowess.

I actually go to the very last page on the "join games" tab and systematically fill from there. A lot of times, games are mass created which leaves a lot of similar games to be filled in a row. If you see a game you want to join but cant, due to the fact I have filled it with invites, just PM me and I will swap you in. Also, if you like, you could start from the end of the join games and work you way back, joining games you like from there. I will fill them in time. I have been a little slow this month. I am trying to cycle my game count down. But I will get there eventually.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/19

Postby boberz on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:32 am

Yeah I don't like maps with too many complications or names I can't read. Consider me old school or boring. I am not a fan of team games but will compromise on that.

I joined a few yesterday but think I must be inefficient.
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Re: Cleaning out the Pantry! - UPDATED 2/19

Postby BIG_John on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:56 pm

I didn't realize this was here! I have been helping without even knowing lol! I have been joining a lot of the doubles games that have been sitting around and will continue to do so! ;)

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this! Keep it up bud.
Captain BIG_John

PreviousNext

Return to The Pantry